Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Bug-Hunting Megathread (Read First Post!)

SilverBones

• TYPE: Necramech, Excalibur Umbra, Operator
  • DESCRIPTION: On the Cambion Drift, I was playing Excalibur Umbra and realised that, if you transferred into your Operator, then transferred into a Necramech, Umbra would keep fighting in his "specter" mode. This in and of itself was not an issue, however, if I then transferred directly from the Necramech back into Umbra without first going back into Operator, it would glitch out, I would remain stuck in place, invulnerable, unable to move, use abilities or transfer out, and if any enemies came near, Umbra would fire or use abilities on them as if he was in specter mode.
  • VISUAL: https://youtu.be/5LR5ENCBejI
  • REPRODUCTION:
    1. Transfer out of Umbra into Operator, this does not occur if you go directly from Warframe to Necramech.
    2. Transfer from Necramech directly back into your Warframe, this does not occur if you go from Necramech, back to Operator, then back to Warframe.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Umbra goes from specter mode back into normal warframe stuff as usual.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Umbra freezes in place and automatically fires and uses abilities on anyone who comes near. The player can't use weapons, abilities, or transfer out, either to Operator or Necramech. The player is also invulnerable.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Provided you follow the sequence above, it happens every single time.

• TYPE: Mission Rewards, Steel path, Ingame
  • DESCRIPTION: Excavation extractors level 1 and shouldn't be, credit caches still in drop tables and shouldn't be, steel path europa
  • VISUALeeWXiLL.jpg
  • TAaPl0Z.jpg
  • REPRODUCTION: play extraction on Europa in steel path.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Credit caches were supposed to be exterminated from drop tables months ago, and extractors are supposedt o level with enemies so they aren't made of pper mache
  • OBSERVED RESULT: level 1 extractors blew up instantly, rewards were wrong
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 2/2, affected Cholistan and Valefor and probably all others on the planet and/or game mode.

• TYPE: In-Game
  • DESCRIPTION: Void status (Bullet attractor) blocks Primary Gaze Kitgun fire beam.
  • VISUAL: None
  • REPRODUCTION:
    1. Equip a Primary Gaze Kitgun,
    2. cast Xaku's 1st ability "Wisper",
    3. shoot an enemy, then
    4. when the void status procs and makes a (Bullet attractor), that bubble blocks your Primary Gaze beam.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: The Primary Gaze beam should be redirected towards the enemy.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: The beams gets blocked from hitting the enemy for Primary Gaze only, it works for Secondary Gaze Kitguns!
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% of the time.

On 2020-06-17 at 5:39 PM, DoveCannon said:
  • TYPE: In-game
  • DESCRIPTION: Garuda's Talons not effected by Blood Rush, Weeping Wounds, Gladiator set bonus. Exalted melees not effected by Gladiator set bonus.
  • VISUAL:
    • IjMoC7N.png
    • 7MReYS9.jpg
    • s0ZZfVc.png
    • ty6Fs9C.jpg
    • B6KKK6z.png
    • HzWqaZ6.jpg
  • REPRODUCTION: Equip the mods, get a combo counter.
  • EXPECTED RESULT:
    • Garuda's Talons: at 12 combo counter: crit chance 216% (orange-red crits), status chance 173% (every hit gives 1-2 status)
    • Valkyr: at 12 combo counter: crit chance 180% (yellow-orange crits)
    • Excal: at 12 combo counter: crit chance 172% (yellow-orange crits)
  • OBSERVED RESULT:
    • Garuda: white-yellow crits instead of orange-red crits and not getting status on every hit.
    • Valkyr: white-yellow crits instead of yellow-orange crits.
    • Excal: white-yellow crits instead of yellow-orange crits.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Happens every time.
  • EXTRA NOTE: Has been this way since 27.5.5

This is still broken in 29.0.8.1

This has already been reported, but I figured I'd add my own notes that might help out

VERSION: 29.0.8.1
TYPE: Mod Configuration
DESCRIPTION: Swapping a mod config that has a subsumed ability and a ranked augment mod for that ability with a different one causes other mods to be equipped in its place, instead of removing it (like how unranked versions are).
VISUAL: This is my video testing multiple aspects of it to see if I could figure out how it worked. (Correction for my video: At 7:51 I note that it is the same mod as before, when it isn't - the previous version of Fast Deflection was fully ranked, while that one isn't.)
REPRODUCTION: Equip a ranked augment mod for a subsumed ability, then swap that mod config with one that doesn't have that ability subsumed on it.
EXPECTED RESULT: The augment is removed.
OBSERVED RESULT: A different mod is equipped in its place (sometimes auras, sometimes other mods - this can set you over mod capacity)
REPRODUCTION RATE: Always

Here's what I was going to make as a post (before checking here and realising it's already been documented :P), detailing the results of all the tests I made:

Subsumed abilities from Helminth are locked into specific config slots, and (annoyingly) don't change when you swap 2 config slots. Because of this, after swapping configs to a different slot, the game does a check to remove any ability augments that no longer apply to the ability setup of the new config slot. This seems to work fine for unranked ability augments, however when it comes to ranked ability augments, the game starts to replace them with other mods instead of just removing them - this includes mods with a high enough rank to put you over capacity, as well as aura mods outside of the aura slot.
My video outlines the tests I did, and here's what I found. Note that because I haven't done extensive testing, assume that these are "probably"s - further testing might make things clearer.

• Only valid mods for the current warframe are substituted in - no pistol mods, no augments for other characters, etc.
  • It was my own mods that were being equipped - I wasn't randomly getting mods I didn't own.
  • If some form of the mod that will be substituted into is equipped, it will be replaced by the substitution version (except for auras!)
  • 2 of the same aura can be equipped, but one is removed when a mission is loaded (curiously, prioritising the mod in the actual aura slot as the one to remove :P).
  • 2 different auras can be equipped but again, the same thing happens.
  • Going over the budget seems to selectively disable some mods to make up for the cost, possibly starting from left to right.
  • I had no input on which mod gets chosen as the substitution, however there is seemingly some method to what gets picked. I think the chosen mod operates on some offset based on all your available mod choices - either it's X mods along from the augment mod, or X mods along out of all the options.
  • While the same ability augment had different substitutions when on different warfames, I think this might be because I had a different number of augments for those characters. More mods means that even if the offset works the same way, a different mod will ultimately be selected (note how Ash was getting Shotgun Scavenger instead of the very close Sniper Scavenger, and how after adding another augment mod to Trinity, she was getting the Sniper Scavenger mod one notch along).

Heart of Deimos, Cambion Drift, Location: cerebrum magna, every time I want to hunt Avichi, I always find them behind textures. Seriously, this happens on 2/3 and on the 3rd, I don't find the object of hunting at all.
This hunting point needs to be removed, I spent a lot of time on it all =)
Sorry for google translation

• TYPE: [In-game]
  • DESCRIPTION: [I completed a mission using khora in her deluxe skin and on the mission results screen it show a deformed venari]
  • VISUAL: [r/Warframe - Has anyone else encounter this bug using khora'd deluxe skin?]
  • REPRODUCTION: [Complete a mission with khora in her deluxe screen]
  • EXPECTED RESULT: [Should show khora]
  • OBSERVED RESULT: [It shows a deformed venari]
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: [happens every time I complete a mission with khora]

• TYPE: In-game / Necramech
  • DESCRIPTION: I went out into the Orb Vallis to use my necramech, with the Cortege equipped to it. I did not get XP for the Cortege.
  • REPRODUCTION: 1. Go to the Orb Vallis; 2. Summon your Necramech; 3. Kill things with it; 4. Go back to Fortuna.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I should have received XP for the weapon equipped (Cortege).
  • OBSERVED RESULT: I received none for the weapon used (Cortege).
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 3/3

• TYPE: In-Game / Necramech+Companion
  • DESCRIPTION: Fetch does not work when using your Necramech, even though to companion (Medjay Predasite) follows it around.
  • REPRODUCTION: Use your Necramech.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Fetch should work, since the companion follows the Necramech around.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Fetch does not work.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 2/2

• DESCRIPTION: Can't transfer back from operator to warframe. When the operator dies the mission fails.
  • REPRODUCTION: Happened while necramech bugs out in Deimos, doing vaults. It's still operational but stuck in certain state like unable to gain energy or stuck in 2nd skill's invulnerability. Transferring out or destroying it leaves operator on their own.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Transferring back to warframe from operator.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Warframe missing.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: every time necramech glitches; 2/2 times, doing x3 vaults in HoD

• TYPE: In-Game, Post-Mission Screen
  • DESCRIPTION: Just exiting a mission, then seeing the post-mission screen countdown.
  • VISUALhttps://imgur.com/a/jgzMkte
  • REPRODUCTION: Just exit any mission.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: See my equipped weapons and the breakdown of affinity gained for each.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: I do not have an Arquebex equipped at all (I don't even own it yet), yet from this screen it seems its my favorite weapon and the only one I go on missions with.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% happens every time I go on and exit a mission.

• TYPE: [In-Game]
  • DESCRIPTION: [after one or two 1,2,3 Tiers of Isolation Vaults runs, the game simply lag, freeze, or the FPS dramatically drop, the game is simply unplayable, You got memory leak here, the game never act like that before on my PC]
  • VISUAL: [none, no needed, you can imagine how the game looks like in 2FPS]
  • REPRODUCTION: [just play on your new tileset for an hor or longer]
  • EXPECTED RESULT: [well I expect you to find the leak and repair it]
  • OBSERVED RESULT: [the game is unplayable after more than hour on Necralisk or Cambion Drift]
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: [most of the time after the new update, whole game became so damn slow, it can slow even entire PC]

• TYPE: In-Game / VISUAL BUG
  • DESCRIPTION: Arquebex (Necramech exalted) gets bonus XP for its 0 XP gain in a non-openworld mission, according to the end-of-mission screen.
  • REPRODUCTION: Play the game with a Necramech obtained.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Arquebex gets 0 XP and 0 BONUS XP if the Necramech is not used.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Arquebex gets 0 XP but 103255 BONUS XP in a non-openworld mission.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Every mission.

On 2020-08-21 at 11:15 AM, SilverBones said:
  • DESCRIPTION: Cambion Drift Fish Spawning Reserved & Limited
  • VISUAL
  • REPRODUCTION: Approach any hotspots with a Fishing Spear when you see the fish spawned.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: The fish spawning without your fishing spear active is fine, but more fish should spawn while also staying when you approach them with a fishing spear in hand. The fish shouldn't try to despawn with your spear out, but only if you leave them out for too long in the Drift.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Approaching the fish with a spear will cause them to despawn, the reverse of how de-equipping your spear in the Vallis or the Plains will cause the fish to leave. Along with that, the spawn rates are severely lower than that of the Vallis or the Plains.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: All the time.
On 2020-08-21 at 11:15 AM, SilverBones said:
  • DESCRIPTION: Cambion Drift Fish Spear "Kill" Register
  • VISUAL
  • REPRODUCTION: Transition into either a Necramech/Archwing too many times. Spawned from either the Necralisk or from the cave in Albrecht's Prospect (selected the Cambion Drift node itself from the Star Chart).
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Catching a Cambion Drift Fish with a spear should capture them and transition you to the catch screen.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Using part of the reproduction methods, hitting the fish with the spear will cause you to "kill" the fish instead of catching it. The fish not only gets destroyed, but there won't be a catch screen. As a result, you are not given the fish due to "killing" it.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Multiple occasions, but not guaranteed.

• DESCRIPTION: Panzer vulpaphyla precept "Panzer devolution" randomly fails to work. Essentially the pet dies and immediately respawns as the larva form, however it gets stuck in that form until you die. This also causes fetch and animal instinct to stop working entirely, which is incredibly annoying. I suspect it happens specifically when I'm a client rather than host.
  • VISUAL: N/A
  • REPRODUCTION: Play a hard-ish mission so the pet dies, sometimes it will simply fail to respawn.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: The larva should reform into the full pet after 30 seconds.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: The larva never reforms into the full pet and loses fetch and animal instinct.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Somewhat commonly in harder content, basically never in easier stuff because the pet doesn't die.

• DESCRIPTION: Disappearing warframe when using  necromech (again) while on a solo run, after about 45 minutes of an endless run.  some rewards and affinity was listed while in the mech, but I couldn't return to the necralisk while in the mech, so all was lost.
  • REPRODUCTION: Who knows at this point.  This time was on a long solo run, using the mech during the Latrox sections of the endless mission.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I'd be able to transfer back to my warframe and get loot / affinity
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Lost access to my warframe and all loot / affinity from the mission
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Who knows again, I've had multiple 3 isovault runs with no issues with the mech, then randomly on a solo run it bugs out

• DESCRIPTION: Panzer Vulpaphyla's Viral Quills targets conservation animals
  • REPRODUCTION: Go on a conservation run with a panzer with viral quills equipped, local enemies attacked me during the call and the panzer used the viral quills on those enemies, which hit the conservation target.  All this while in ivara prowl
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Technically the expected result happened, but a massive pain in the ass to lose the conservation target to your pet unexpectedly
  • OBSERVED RESULT: the panzer killed the conservation target with its ability
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: I've only seen it 1 time so far, but only had the panzer for the one hunting run.

• TYPE: Launcher, In Game, yes
  • DESCRIPTION: I have posted and sent in a ticket and tech report on this.  I accidently created a new account when I started actively playing again.  I had forgotten I had signed up for and was in the beta a really really really really long time ago.  I love ninja robots and wanted to be one.  The game slipped away from me because life happens.  I saw the game streamed on ExtraCredits Twitch and became interested again.  I downloaded and installed it.  Here's the weird bit.  I then created a new account since my Steam Beta account didn't migrate completely.  However, since I did play warframe on steam and while in beta, when I launched the game from steam my old account and new account merged.  Perfect.  Awesome!  That is how a proper migration works.  Except I am a network engineer so in the past 12 years I have gotten lazy and haven't updated my hardware except with hand-me-downs.  Well I designed my computer to last as long as possible with the parts that are hardest to replace, the mobo/processor pair.  I kept using it to make up for other areas that were less stellar, like my video card.  I finally updated my video card and everything broke.  

I have strict NAT, the weird non-term that it is to all my net engineer kin.  I also have universal peer to peer disabled on the network because I took security classes.  If you haven't, don't if you don't want to be wearing your own protective head gear.  So when I swapped the ports on my game to get playing as the same time as another brand new player on the same network the connections got a little...muddled.

At some point my 2 accounts and my partner's account became tangled together.  I lost my sigil that I really loved.  I want it back.  I am sharing how this happened to get it back.  

I am able to get Ember up to archwing speed without an archwing launcher.  I have discovered I am effectively blind and have been using all kinds of weird tricks to make up for it during the past 10 years.  I can technically see but I am color blind, and never knew it because I can see into the UV.  From this info I can still learn 3D space etc but the way we depict 3D doesn't look real to me, it looks like a bunch of standees alla Paper Mario.  However, Warframe has detailed enough shaders, etc that I was able to detect that I am indeed at least partially blind to Green light.  This gives me some interesting near "super" powers when looking at 2d art.  I also think in 3d.  You see, I am not just a network engineer who can handle NAT, ACL, and firmware issues, but I am a trained theatrical lighting designer.  I am an artist.  
  • VISUAL: I would consistently leap through walls and get the rendering like tron with the degause and red and blue(?) lines.  
  • REPRODUCTION: Do the account migration thing I did and you probably will.  I stitched a ton of map together because I was spamming buttons to make the interface DO something and ended up opening Deimos without having opened my relay stations.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I shouldn't need to log into my account on many platforms in order to keep my computer running.  I know we didn't mean to make a botnet but let's fix it.  Ok?
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Any twitch stream I watch begins to desynch audio.  Chat will update normally but the streamer and I seem to enter a weird limbo where chat will suddenly catch up to us in time and get spammed.  This happens even with streamers I have never watched before playing games I have never even heard of.  Streamers, especially, are heavily affected by how close they are to me.  The people I have the most connections with are most affected to the point where noticible minutes will pass for me and the streamer but no content is being made because chat isn't talking to update the audio and video rate of myself and the streamer.  The vectors of this network mess include IRC and anything connected to IRC.  Do you remember when IRC required only a single login?  Pepperige Farms remembers.  Do you remember when gmail required an invite and even then if you were invited by an invitee you had to have numbers in your username?  Pepperidge Farms remembers.  

Let me explain my e-mail address: Theatre.junkie18@gmail.com

I love theatre and was going on a merit based, artistic merit, academic merit, scholarship package to study becoming a lighting designer.  I was going to get paid to learn to create art.  I was made.  I decided to declare that with my email address and chose theatre.junkie but I needed a number.  My old address that I was changing from was bando12 and I had put the number on that one as my age at creation.  So theatre.junkie18 it was.

Do you know the level of grandfathered permissions I have from back in the day gmail, and irc.  The ripples are felt everywhere now that I am offloading a ton of stuff I did onboard and am reaping the benefits of having shared my usage data with so many people.  

I now work with AbleGamers to increase accessibility to games.  Especially in sight of this latest development I am uniquely qualified for it.  I came back to warframe from eons ago because the story of becoming a god is a fun one to me and I like being a robot picking flowers.  I like picking flowers.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Constantly for the past 5 days.  I know everyone is saying oh you couldn't possibly be the cause of this this this.  Maybe not but enough people doing what I am doing would cause this kind of behavior and I am not unique.  I choose to speak up to try and get the core problem fixed.  It seems to be resolving itself now from my end.  My partner's computer is downloading its missing game data which should give my computer the ability to turn on again and log into windows.  Did I mention this bug has locked me out of my computer because Windows is stupid and UEFI required is dumb dumb dumb dumb

Let us know what you find, and please make sure to keep your posts constructive and civil. The better and closer to this format you follow, the easier it is for us to find these bugs and fix them!

Please please please whisper me or something that pushes notifications because otherwise I won't know.  I hate notifications so I don't reach out for them.  I only accept incoming ones.

• DESCRIPTION: Transferring into Necromech from Operator causes you to fall through terrain. Trying to use transference from then on causes you to fall through the terrain.
  • VISUAL: uc?export=view&id=1E1OvOH89wOWBnulDoCDCY
  • REPRODUCTION: Try to transfer into a Necromech whilst inside the ruins
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I should be able to transfer inside the Necromech and pilot it
  • OBSERVED RESULT: I fell through the terrain. 
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Has happened to me more than once but usually doesn't. There was another Tenno with another Necromech present which could possibly be related.

I experienced all of these when I first loaded.  I had to go through a lot of headache to clear it all up.  Basically I had a phantom USB MAC address gumming up the works.  Since network protocols use the same "MAC" address as the bios creates for each usb port and then crafts a made up one for each device connected through that port.  Eventually, if any of those mac's get out, you now have a spoof MAC address floating around and those just don't die because switches are sticky for them and to clear out the age of some of these phantoms would take an internet reboot.  I had to power and ground my pc's power supply and then make sure to ground out every usb device that I own which has any kind of LED or glowy bit on them.  This included my keyboard, all bluetooth enabled devices, even my glowy mouse.  It's really technically how this came to be and includes electrical engineering and network engineering.  I am a network engineer with a pet electrical engineer and it took both of us to get me working again.  I can report that I am no longer having issues post patch and the above ridiculousness.  Happy grounding everyone!

On 2020-09-10 at 10:44 AM, SilverLythrum said:
  • TYPE: [In-Game]
  • DESCRIPTION: Cambion Drift, on my 3rd Isolation Vault.
    • My Necramech was destroyed fighting the guardian Necramech and I went into operator form as per usual.
    • However, I couldn't transfer back to my Warframe form automatically (pressing E and the ability bar said "invalid target") and I lost track of where my Warframe physically was (probably still at bait station above ground).
    • My gear inventory on my operator was an empty ring, so I couldn't re-summon my Necramech.
    • Dying and resurrecting did not solve the issue. Also, before death, I would go into the down-state as Operator, and if revived by squad, I would return as Operator. Fully dying and resurrecting still resulted in me as my Operator. 
    • When I extracted from the Cambion Drift, I lost all affinity and rewards that I collected with my Necramech and Warframe, and I only had rewards from my Operator.   
  • VISUAL: [N/A -- I was trying everything to fix the problem in the moment and my squad was waiting in extract. The timer went down]
  • REPRODUCTION: I don't actually know. Because of the bad experience with losing all progress in a 3/3 isolation vault run I haven't tried to replicate it. However, if you try to keep switching between Warframe, Necramech, and Operator in different orders that could potentially do something. Also, my physical Warframe was left far behind, so maybe try dying as Necramech with Warframe far away.  
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Dying in Necramech -> Operator form -> pressing E -> Warframe form
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Dying in Necramech -> Operator form -> pressing E -> "invalid target" (no result)
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Bad experiences led me to not want to try and replicate it unfortunately.

Dying in the necramech has nothing to do with it. I went out of my mech to recast Protea's dispenser. And it wouldn't let me back into my frame.

On 2020-09-07 at 3:49 PM, OrsonBear said:
  • TYPE: Necramech causing warframe to despawn
  • DESCRIPTION: I was doing the isolation vault bounty, this happened almost 4 times in a row, my warframe despawned and my operator couldn't transfer back. If the mech gets destroyed, I'm stuck in my operator form. In some cases, focus tree and operator arcanes didn't even work, I had 250 health only and could void dash only 3 times when the energy was full. Also, lost everything you picked up before your warframe despawned even if you extracted successfully. Extremely frustrating. 
  • VISUAL: N/A
  • REPRODUCTION: I'm not sure, but it seems it happened only inside the infested tunnel and the isovaults. Just now, in the infested tunnel during the de-toxin phase, my warframe just despawned right in front of my eyes. I thought I just need to stay close to it while in the mech, but it's not the case. 

I have done some testing myself. Your mech doesn't have to die for this to happen. Also it can happen anywhere you can spawn a mech. I have had it happen during Profit Taker and while doing Eidolons

Archived