Heart of Deimos: Bug-Hunting Megathread (Read First Post!)

• TYPE: In-Game
  • DESCRIPTION: After installing update 29, Archwing Launcher disappeared from my inventory. After two updates and a few hotfixes, nothing has changed. I still can't equip the Archwing Launcher because it is not available and cannot be retrieved (all quests have already been completed).
  • VISUAL:

Warframe0056.jpg

• REPRODUCTION: Unknown
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Always
  • DESCRIPTION: Cambion Drift IsoVault stage 2 NPCs spawning inside the vault and out of reach
  • VISUAL: -
  • REPRODUCTION: Log files lodged
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Mission NPCs should be reachable
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Mission NPCs are unreachable 
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Once so far
  • DESCRIPTION: In certain areas (cerebrum magna) when you attempt to catch an avichaea the creature gets stuck in the terrain and makes the capture impossible
  • VISUAL: Unable to upload photo
  • REPRODUCTION: Simply try to capture an avichaea, if it has the echo lure location near the tall structure in the northwest then it will spawn stuck
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Avichaea Should have a check to spawn outside terrain so that it can be properly captured
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Avichaea spawned in a wall and was unable to escape and I was unable to hit it with a tranq shot
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Every time if the spawn location is in the southwest of the map

Suddenly can't go through the doorways in the ruins.

• DESCRIPTION: Exploring a ruin and suddenly cannot go through the doorway.
  • VISUAL
  • REPRODUCTION: (Speculation: Might have something to do with switching to the operator while exploring the ruins)
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I should walk through the doorways.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: I cannot walk through the doorways.  It likes there is an invisible wall, the door visually open.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Randomly occur.

There's a fatal bug with the Deimos fishin spears. Happened twice within 1h of fishing.
It involves using spear to attack an enemy, I got locked out from controlling my character. Only ESC button worked. Only way to reset, is by getting killed. First time there was nobody to kill me, so I lost 30m of progress due to this fatal script error.

DE, since this game is riddled with many, way too many game breaking script bugs/features, how about introducing a new chat command? An unlimited use per mission command that would reset almost everything related to your warframe and purge (bad) data from memory. Would be even better if we could hotkey it. Since you refuse QA you could at least do us, the players, the real community, this favor.
Also, the /unstuck command once per mission is not enough anymore: the limit must be increased to 2 at least. Or make it more flexible by asking player how to unstuck.

Edited by tape_drive_TS1140
  • Like 3
  • The Cambion Drift
  • DESCRIPTION: I was flying in cambion drift when i stumbled across this thing. Looks like some unused asset. It has it's own skybox and cancels any ambient sound except for the sound produced by cerebrum magna. Trying to get close to it drops you out of archwing. Attempting to ride k-drive on it results in endless freefall and your warframe's upper half stretching endlessly (as seen in the last screenshot).
  • VISUALK92xlih.jpgC8LKuQf.jpggsHQfso.jpgIwR45Np.jpgUqjnlgx.png
  • REPRODUCTION: successful
  • EXPECTED RESULT: as listed above
  • OBSERVED RESULT: same
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% (for me)
  • TYPE: In-Game (Necramechs)
  • DESCRIPTION: When transitioning out of a necramech into operator form, then into the warframe by pointing anywhere the necramech isn't and trying to enter archwing, it sometimes brakes archwing spawning. The game always states that the current location you are in is not suitable to archwing spawning. It also brakes custom dodge animations of (at least) Xaku
  •  VISUAL:
    Sry for the star trek TOS background, i was watching it on another screen while recording this
  • 2nd clip of what happened prior to this, maybe sth i did triggered it 
  • REPRODUCTION: Playing a bounty or 2 in the cambion drift or the plains of eidolon should do it, haven't tried venus yet
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I should have summoned my archwing
  • OBSERVED RESULT: game stated "Invalid launch point"
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Happens about every to every other bounty i do
Edited by Gehirnspaghetti

deimos fishing bug:

went with ivara invisible into a cave for fishing when suddenly the spear goes straight up into the cave roof... after that ivar got semi-stucked in the fishing pose unable to move, cast or switch into operator or any vehicle. i can rotate her when using aim with the spear but that's all. it also seems that my energy isn't running out at all (i was hoping that if something kills ivara the problem would solve itself, but alas nothing happens - still invisible after 15 minutes). unstuck also doesn't help - only option i have now is to abort the mission via the menu and thus lose all the stuff i mined, hunted and fished in about half an hour... thanks for that btw...lb7JAme.jpg

• Like 1

Resolved 29.2.2

• TYPE: [Launcher, In-Game, Chat, etc.]
    in-game chat UI when using a xbox one controller (reload randomly works on rare occasion as well with controller)
  • DESCRIPTION: [Tell us what you were doing when the bug occurred. Details here are helpful]
    trying to use chat while playing warframe. using the method of typing with hands (both) on a QWERTY keyboard.
  • VISUAL: [This is where you would add your screenshot or video]
    fairly certain a video of nothing happening is going to be of use to anyone.
  • REPRODUCTION: [Tell us how we can replicate this bug, if known]
    try using a controller or accept any of the other reports in PC Bugs as prima facie?
  • EXPECTED RESULT: [Tell us what you think should have happened, ex: “I should have drawn my weapon”]
    pressing LT used to bring up the chat menu. sometimes you'd have to press the hamburger button first if in an area where that button is otherwise used.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: [What actually happened, ex: “I went into a T-Pose”]
    I went into F prose...
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: [How often it happens when you try to reproduce it, ex: “It only happens half the time / when I am crouching / when using Hydroid.”]
    it'll likely happen every time anyone tries for the foreseeable future since it's still here for 3 weeks or so now.

Introduced 29.2.2

• TYPE: [Launcher, In-Game, Chat, etc.]
    in-game chat UI when using a xbox one controller
  • DESCRIPTION: [Tell us what you were doing when the bug occurred. Details here are helpful]
    trying to use chat while playing warframe. using the method of typing with hands (both) on a QWERTY keyboard.
  • VISUAL: [This is where you would add your screenshot or video]
    I'll upload and link a video when I get back to my machine.
  • REPRODUCTION: [Tell us how we can replicate this bug, if known]
    use a controller, follow OBSERVED RESULTS below.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: [Tell us what you think should have happened, ex: “I should have drawn my weapon”]
    chat menu opens up once instead of opening and closing rapidly.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: [What actually happened, ex: “I went into a T-Pose”]
    If analog LT is pressed slowly, the chat menu opens and closes rapidly
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: [How often it happens when you try to reproduce it, ex: “It only happens half the time / when I am crouching / when using Hydroid.”]
    all the time
Edited by lemonforest
new problems

On 2020-06-17 at 5:39 PM, DoveCannon said:
  • TYPE: In-game
  • DESCRIPTION: Garuda's Talons not effected by Blood Rush, Weeping Wounds, Gladiator set bonus. Exalted melees not effected by Gladiator set bonus.
  • VISUAL:
    • IjMoC7N.png
    • 7MReYS9.jpg
    • s0ZZfVc.png
    • ty6Fs9C.jpg
    • B6KKK6z.png
    • HzWqaZ6.jpg
  • REPRODUCTION: Equip the mods, get a combo counter.
  • EXPECTED RESULT:
    • Garuda's Talons: at 12 combo counter: crit chance 216% (orange-red crits), status chance 173% (every hit gives 1-2 status)
    • Valkyr: at 12 combo counter: crit chance 180% (yellow-orange crits)
    • Excal: at 12 combo counter: crit chance 172% (yellow-orange crits)
  • OBSERVED RESULT:
    • Garuda: white-yellow crits instead of orange-red crits and not getting status on every hit.
    • Valkyr: white-yellow crits instead of yellow-orange crits.
    • Excal: white-yellow crits instead of yellow-orange crits.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Happens every time.
  • EXTRA NOTE: Has been this way since 27.5.5

This is still broken in 29.2.2

• TYPE:  In-Game - Deimos - Vault Isolation room
  • DESCRIPTION: Fighting necramech, host disconnect/quit/rage, kill necramech but progress still indicate 0/3
  • VISUAL: None
  • REPRODUCTION: Make a squad, fight till necramech, host leave, then progress will stand still even if you kill necramech
  • EXPECTED RESULT: progression should ...progress as you kill necramech ...
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Progress block on 0/3. Can't do nothing as loid doesn't appear. had to leave isolation room and make you abandon objective then losing last Tier reward and Xp
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: every fkin time

It's freaking me out that there is still bug (most of all progression of a mission) when host disconnect.
    Lose a lot of time, energy for not that much

• DESCRIPTION: Vauban ulti has no animation after going out of necraamech
  • REPRODUCTION: Take Vauban, fight while in deimos, transfer in necramech then get back to vauban and use ulti
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Animation should display properly
  • OBSERVED RESULT: No animation at all
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: every fkin time

----------------

• DESCRIPTION: Necramech spawn as invisible except for necramech Pod
  • REPRODUCTION: go on deimos, spawn a necramech in phase 2 and 3 of isolation room.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: necramech should be entirely visible ..
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Only the necramech pod was visible
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 2 out 3 when you get in phase 2 and 3 of isolation mission.
Edited by nytofr

Post Update 29.2.2

• TYPE: Free roam on Cambion Drift
  • DESCRIPTION: I was mining on Cambion Drift. Haven't noticed this area blocking movement before, but I also can't say I've for sure went to this particular spot. I could not go on or through this one spot. I only used Wisp's Reservoir after the fact--when I was trying to get a video and remain in the area and kept getting attacked. 
  • VISUAL:
  • REPRODUCTION: Yes
  • EXPECTED RESULT: To move through the area, be able to jump through area, anything.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: I was hitting an invisible wall, could not go onto spot, only around it.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: both times I went straight from orbiter to Cambion Drift, and once when I went from Necralisk to Cambion Drift (3/3 times)

Also still getting a blinding white screen every time I start a mission from Orbiter. Reproducible every time. This has been happening since 29.2.1 (that I noticed)

• DESCRIPTION: Playing the game as normal, just grinding out Mother Tokens and trying to get a Scintillant drop. Played In Solo Mode and Public. Completed Tier 2 and Tier 5 bounties, sometimes completing all the bonus requirements, sometimes not. After running more than 5 separate bounty instances (not sure exact number, was grinding for several hours) received maybe 1 bonus reward.
  • VISUAL: None (though I checked Mission Progress, and confirmed it wasn't just a visual bug. There were no bonuses listed either during bounty or when I returned to Necralisk after bounty ended)
  • REPRODUCTION: Run Tier 2 and Tier 5 Cambion Drift bounties multiple times completing the Bonus challenges and see if you actually get the bonus reward.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I expected to get Bonus Rewards after going through the effort of completing the Bonus challenge.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: After hours of playing, I maybe actually got the Bonus once even though I completed the bonus challenge several times at every stage of the bounty.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Happened 99.9% of the time. (Granted this was yesterday and haven't checked it today. About to run through my daily grind regiment. Would be really helpful if the bonus rewards actually worked so I could get more opportunity for those Scintillant drops.)
Am 21.8.2020 um 20:15 schrieb [DE]Bear:
  • TYPE: [In-Game,]
  • DESCRIPTION: [syndicat medalions still behind walls / unreachable air vents / rescue tube / below ground on the new corpus ship tileset]
  • VISUAL: [Warframe0169.jpg
    ]
  • REPRODUCTION: [in the past 4 months very very often almost every Corpus ship syndicat mission has altleast one of them]
  • EXPECTED RESULT: [well make them reachable or delete them ]
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: [66% of all mission have one of the unreachable medallions]

Happend again medalion on exit of the corpus ship blow ground still needs fixing

Edited by Keiyadan
On 2020-10-04 at 7:01 AM, Gehirnspaghetti said:
  • TYPE: In-Game (Necramechs)
  • DESCRIPTION: When transitioning out of a necramech into operator form, then into the warframe by pointing anywhere the necramech isn't and trying to enter archwing, it sometimes brakes archwing spawning. The game always states that the current location you are in is not suitable to archwing spawning. It also brakes custom dodge animations of (at least) Xaku
  •  VISUAL:
    Sry for the star trek TOS background, i was watching it on another screen while recording this
  • 2nd clip of what happened prior to this, maybe sth i did triggered it 
  • REPRODUCTION: Playing a bounty or 2 in the cambion drift or the plains of eidolon should do it, haven't tried venus yet
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I should have summoned my archwing
  • OBSERVED RESULT: game stated "Invalid launch point"
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Happens about every to every other bounty i do

You can get around this by launching your K-Drive, and getting off.

• Like 1
  • TYPE: In-Game, Junctions
  • DESCRIPTION: Junctions don't give rewards and now force the player to extract via their ship.
  • VISUAL: N/A
  • REPRODUCTION: Go to any Junction and defeat the Specter that guards it
  • EXPECTED RESULT: It should prompt you to activate the Junction rail and give you a reward.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: The green Extraction icon appears back at your ship and you can't Activate the railway
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% None of the junctions I've gone to have worked.
On 2020-08-25 at 9:50 PM, Cradicias said:

Locate Father Within the Cambion Drift: Unable to wake father as instructed by the quest. I press the interact button, my warframe sort of freezes for a sec, then nothing happens.

did you ever find a solution to this ?

So i created a different thread about this earlier not realizing this might better fit here in the megathread but i encountered an issue with one of the Lotus flowers after subsuming Mag:

• TYPE: In-Game, Helminth
  • DESCRIPTION: Subsumed the Mag warframe and it's corresponding flower either did not grow, or grew within the wall
  • VISUAL: See link to thread below for screenshots
  • REPRODUCTION: Can't manually trigger this myself due to the somewhat random nature of the Helminth Flowers
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Flower should have appeared/not grown inside the wall as this was previously fixed
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Flower is either missing or in the wall
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Can't directly reproduce the issue, it happened and cannot be directly influenced by me.

• TYPE: In-Game,  Conservation Tagging (Plains of Eidolon, Orb Vallis and Cambion Drift)
  • DESCRIPTION:  When doing tagging in a squad, end up getting bad environmental effects, clipping through the environment and even the ground when too close to an object that will affect the camera shot and when interacting with a caught animal.
  • VISUALW5e7YMN.jpg
  • REPRODUCTION: Seems to happen when running in squads of two or more.  
  • EXPECTED RESULT:  Should be able to see the captured animal floating in the air by the sentinel called.  
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Picture says it all.  
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Indeterminate  as this is fairly common if there's anything to clip through during the capture.  While the Warframe is not falling through the ground, it is a disturbing effect during a tagging mission given the spin of the camera going in and out of the cut-scene. 
  • TYPE: in-game, Syndicate and Standard missions.  
  • DESCRIPTION: Loot boxes and syndicate medallions continue to spawn out of bounds in the Corpus Space Ship tileset, it seems to also occur in other tile sets, like Grineer Shipyard, and Grineer Galleon on Ceres.  These out of bound spawns cannot be interacted with if it happens to be a Syndicate medallion (in the case of the Corpus Space Ship tileset) and cannot be broken open through a heavy ground slam attack (both Grineer tilesets on Ceres and Corpus Space Ship tileset)
  • VISUAL: Corpus Space ship tileset: IUSZVpk.jpgAn example of the Grineer tilesets on Ceres: DOSSGI8.jpg
  • REPRODUCTION: Random Map generation spawns and cannot be reproduced outside of a coded environment thanks to the RNG of the procedural generated maps.  
  • EXPECTED RESULT: While it's a best case scenario for loot boxes, the previous reports of out of bound syndicate medallion spawning continue to be a problem for the mission perfectionist that cannot obtain 8 of 8 medallions during a mission.  
  • OBSERVED RESULT: N/A Pictures say it all.  
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Common problem with Corpus Space ship tileset and continues to be reported for the last 6 months.  Rare on Corpus tilesets on Ceres now.  
  • TYPE: In-Game, Orb Vallis way-point system.  
  • DESCRIPTION: Placing way-points continue to derp in ways that defy explanation.  
  • VISUAL: While way-point placement seems sane when looking at the map as seen here: rpmdkzd.jpgWhat is being seen in the In-game UI simply doesn't make any sense: 4onYgJe.jpg
  • REPRODUCTION: Placing the way-point.  
  • EXPECTED RESULT: When the way-point is set, it should be pointing to the required destination.  Not some random spot elsewhere on the map.  
  • OBSERVED RESULT: N/A pictures.  
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Common in all mission locations.  While it's possible to be reset simply by staying still and letting the UI catch up with where it's supposed to be pointing, it's becoming more unfixable with the wait to catch up approach.  In the pictures' case: it never reset until it was disabled during extraction through the elevator transition back into Fortuna.  
  • TYPE: In-Game, mouse-over codex information.  
  • DESCRIPTION: If the Orokin Derelict has been phased out, Mouse-over information should also be corrected.
  • VISUAL: jNLNJ7q.jpg
  • REPRODUCTION: N/A 
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Should read Deimos now.  
  • OBSERVED RESULT: N/A
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% for all information that still contains the Orokin Derelict as part of the information in the codex information.