Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player Experience: Feedback Megathread!

SilverBones

Le 23/09/2020 à 05:51, Opyt a dit :

Conservation is never explained to new players. 

You say: help to explain? I agree, but as far as I remember - a game mechanic called "hunting" - very few people like it (I would venture to assume that this is less than 10% of players), and when this hunt was introduced into the game, DE "swore it" - that this mechanic would never become necessary for passing the game, But times are changing and DE's memory is already failing. I think that if you introduce "this mechanic" at earlier stages, the number of new players will greatly decrease. This mechanic should remain - an extension of the gaming experience only "at will".

11 hours ago, XPEHOMACTEP said:

You say: help to explain? I agree, but as far as I remember - a game mechanic called "hunting" - very few people like it (I would venture to assume that this is less than 10% of players), and when this hunt was introduced into the game, DE "swore it" - that this mechanic would never become necessary for passing the game, But times are changing and DE's memory is already failing. I think that if you introduce "this mechanic" at earlier stages, the number of new players will greatly decrease. This mechanic should remain - an extension of the gaming experience only "at will".

The point is that there are people that NEVER interact with the system, and as a result have no idea how it works when it comes time for them to do it on Deimos.

On 2020-09-22 at 10:51 PM, Opyt said:

You folks need some help explaining all your systems to new people.

Conservation is never explained to new players. 

You still haven't sufficiently explained the lich system to players interacting with it for the first time. 

Most activities I did, I had to find out through youtube videos, reddit threads, or forums. There definitely is a lack of handholding in this game to the point you sort of meander around aimlessly. 

The Negative outlook from this, is that the game comes across feeling like it's still in beta testing. There's a vague feeling that the game is lacking in direction with "progression" (the knowledge of learning about mods, forma, potatoes, and status effects) that it will eventually be patched into the game at a later time.

The positive outlook is that the lack of tutorials mean players can go full speed ahead in pure gameplay and discover things themselves. Not knowing what to do, the game in turn feels limitless and boundless in activities

On 2020-09-28 at 2:20 AM, (PS4)AccursedImmortal said:

CAUTION: THE FOLLOW POST WILL GRADUALLY BECOME MORE CYNICAL 

Most activities I did, I had to find out through youtube videos, reddit threads, or forums. There definitely is a lack of handholding in this game to the point you sort of meander around aimlessly. 

The Negative outlook from this, is that the game comes across feeling like it's still in beta testing. There's a vague feeling that the game is lacking in so much direction with "progression" (the knowledge of learning about mods, forma, potatoes, and status effects) that it will eventually be patched into the game at a later time.

Only after you've unlocked all the planets, did second dream, and started doing Eidolon hunts and Profit taker do you realize, "Ohhh, they did that on purpose and they're not going to amend it."

The positive outlook is that the lack of tutorials mean players can go full speed ahead in pure gameplay and discover things themselves. Not knowing what to do, the game in turn feels limitless in activities. 

Unfortunately, they're also gated with mastery rank so they don't go blasting forward nonstop. They eventually have to learn about mastery rank. Probably through wiki sites if they're a solo player.

Yeah, but when you have to step a player through it for the first time, they tend to not understand things like "Target runs away when they spot you."  Or "Don't ground slam next to the animals or you can't capture them."

• 3 weeks later...

I felt like this NPE was made for people who've been playing the game for years to feel good about Warframe trying to explain things to new players.

But not for new players.

This NPE explains about 5% of the game and it's systems.

Jumping in with Opyt's post - I've been playing 8-10 weeks (I did play to MR 10 back in 2014 - before there were quest or even a personal ship in the game).  I'm MR 13 on PC now.  I only know Lich's exist from incidental exposure on the Wiki or reddit (or tier lists listing Lich weapons).  I have most of the Kuva Fortress unlocked.  I actually don't even know if the Lich system is available to me because I haven't made an effort to read about it on the Wiki.  But I know that when I DO want to engage with it, reading about on the Wiki is the only option for me to know what's going on.

Like every other system in the game, except for Synthesis scanning (the intro quest surprisingly explains this very well).

No other system in the game is explained well IN THE GAME.

Take a system that new players will likely encounter relatively early - Nightmare mode - by clearing all nodes on Earth (or Venus, Mercury or Mars).  Does the game ever tell them WHY suddenly nodes have a different option?  Not that I remember (though Nightmare mode was a thing 6 years ago, so I knew what it was, so maybe I missed it?).  Replace Nightmare with any other mode and it's the same thing - no information.

On 2020-09-30 at 8:59 AM, Opyt said:

Yeah, but when you have to step a player through it for the first time, they tend to not understand things like "Target runs away when they spot you."  Or "Don't ground slam next to the animals or you can't capture them."

Or be prepared to rinse and repeat the same mission for hours because there is a "loaded dice RNG " system in place to make sure you keep on playing and dont get Warframe parts too easy.

On 2020-10-21 at 2:26 AM, Fo55il said:

Or be prepared to rinse and repeat the same mission for hours because there is a "loaded dice RNG " system in place to make sure you keep on playing and dont get Warframe parts too easy.

Or, and hear me out, they could explain these systems better than the current explanation of NOT AT ALL, instead they are relying on players to explain their systems.

• 2 weeks later...

How about reworking the Mastery Rank Test system to be a little less linear. The current mechanics for this are infuriatingly difficult for any player that has any motor control Issues.

Suggestion: Allow Players to freely choose which Mastery Rank Up Quest to level up Mastery Rank.

The basic idea is a three Step process...

Step 1: Rename the Mastery Rank Up Quests.

Step 2: Unlock the Practice Mode for all Mastery Rank Up Quests to all players regardless of Mastery Rank.

Step 3: When a player is able to rank up, Allow the player to choose any mastery rank quest that has not been completed for Mastery Rank Up. So for example, a player stuck on the current Mastery rank 11 Rank up can instead use Mastery Rank 12 or highers quest to complete Mastery Rank 11. And If the player so chooses, they can complete Mastery Rank 30's Quest using the Mastery Rank 11 Quest instead.

Edit: Moved original post to here:

Archived