Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Cambion Drift & Activities Feedback

SilverBones

With The Heart of Deimos update, we introduced a brand new open world, the Cambion Drift! As part of that, there is a whole new world to explore, filled with caverns, mining, fishing, and activities. We would love to hear what you think about this new Open World and the points of interest therein!

If you have feedback to leave on the subject of the Cambion Drift & It’s Activities, then please do so in this thread. Please remember that you should keep your feedback constructive and civil. If you like an aspect of the new content, tell us what you like. If you do not like an aspect, then tell us why, and what you would change to make it better!

Please bear in mind this is not a place to leave bugs you discover while playing. If you do need to report a bug, please use the dedicated Heart of Deimos Bug-Hunting thread!

Thank you!

The thing that immediately irked me the most is that bounties take even longer due to rng drops for mission objective progress stuff, that you need 2 excavators instead of 1 solo and that a lot of enemies spawn ridiculously far away yet still matter for the mission, but look very similar to the landscape or are tiny and are flying in the air, yet there are almost never any markers whatsoever during missions to assist you. I already hate the duration of open world bounties as it is, because they're absolutely not balanced with the rest of the game (neither are the old endless mission types with disruption very much proving that, but that aside), though this amplified the issue in an even more negative way. That is something where I think a lot of improvement can be made.

Also, I don't know if this belongs here, but cambion drift is so much smaller than the plains and fortuna, yet it lags 10x more (presumably solely due to deferred rendering being on). I feel like a lot of performance is being lost for no major reason, as the area does not look significantly better than the other two open worlds, yet is smaller and has a much heavier fps drop. I would recommend looking into this as well.

Enemies on the Cambion Drift spawn so often and in such large numbers on bounties that it becomes impossible to move. The amount of CC and AoE is ridiculous, and since when are infested the ranged AoE faction? Enemies that should be classed as heavies spawn like fodder, and some of these are immune to certain abilities. On top of all this, you still haven't learned from the previous open worlds about Enemy Level. If something says it's level 30, I expect it to hit like a level 30 and take hits like a level 30. The level 30 infested here act more like level 80-90 enemies.

Is there a point to getting Bad, Good, and Perfect Captures for Cambion Drift's Conservation? It doesn't give any standing like Fortuna or Cetus, yet they provide the same amount of tag as capturing one. I've captured 2 of those new dog infested, one perfect and one good, and with my Resource Booster, I've gotten a total of 4 tags for it. Is there a way to actually reward more tags with Perfect Captures?

Also, can we get a more pronounced "Ore Veins" for the new open world - they blend in so well with the aesthetic of the infested that it's REALLY hard to spot them, having to rely on my Laser Drill's proximity before doing a complete 360 just to find the glowing spots.

When it comes to fishing, there's always going to be that one infested who randomly stumbles upon you and relentlessly attacks you and if you kill it, all of the fishes you're trying to spear just disintegrates into nothingness.

Well, what can I say... It looks stunning, marvelous, Ive spent an hour just walking around admiring the vistas and taking screenshots  - amazing job, hats off to the art and graphics team.

But as much as the looks impressed me, the lazy blatant recycling of game mechanics completely disappointed. Guys, mining, really? No one liked it the first time, its a boring tedium and takes lots of time you'd rather spend playing fun parts of the game, but you shove it in once again for the third world? And the same old fishing and animal conservation and kdrive races. With the same 'vendors' and gazillion of abstract resources to confuse any player and make it impossible to target farm without wiki? (I looked at resources you need for tokens and crafting and it's as bad and confusing as Fortuna if not worse)  

You know Fortuna was a let down largely because it was 'reskinned Plains' with the same chores and even worse resource mess, yet here we go again. "Reskinned Plains 2". In whole 3 years you could come up with many new ways to interact with the world to hunt and 'farm' resources in new and more fun mechanics, but instead you just recycled the old systems again - Im simply baffled. WHY. Where is creativity? 

And seems like the syndicate progress is harder in a sense that you _have to_ do all the chores, no circumventing it with just fishing or the like of the Ticker shop. Havent dived much into bounties to comment on that but I dont expect much, considering almost all the systems are reused from Plains. 

Again - the world and characters  - all looks great visually, but thats not enough to keep me playing if Ill just have to scavange for resources for hours. I'd go black to killing mobs in other missions - thats the fun part of Warframe that we all love, not mining. 

You ask "what you would change to make it better" - its pretty simple really, play to the games strengths - it's movement and combat. Battling enemies to gain resources. Even mindlessly grinding survival with Necros is more fun than these reused open world chores. Ideally a system like Eidolons - where you fight tricky bosses to get resources and faction standing. And clear up the resource mess. Again Eidolons as a good example - its obvious to any player with no need for a wiki that they drop sentient cores (you learn that they are senteints and Onko constantly reminds you with his transmissions) and eidolon shards, so you go hunt them. Bad example: toroids ugh  - why didnt you just name them after arachnids that drop them to avoid confusion?  All the minerals which have no logic locatons\sources; parts of fishes that dont even share name with a fish - bad. You know WF is already a confusing game, why make it even worse with hundreds of nonsense abstractly named resources... Im not a new player, Im used to checking wiki all the time. New player or someone who cant bother to look up guides would just give up - thats why WF base hasn't been growing much.

I don't know if I'm just getting old, but it's really hard to see much of anything in this open world. It's really pretty but everything is just sort of washed out by red and the environment is just bright red that masks most of the enemies and makes it really difficult to acquire targets. I've mostly been playing by mini map and spamming aoe in the direction of things rather than actually feeling like I'm taking shots at things. Infested chargers and other smaller units are easily hidden by the tendrils that cover everything and about all I see is saturated red everywhere. I might have to look to see if there is a setting I can tweak to fix it. Previously the only time I ever had issue with acquiring a target in Warframe was Kuva clouds on infested Corpus ship tilesets.

Most of the mining nodes are also really, really hard to see; I've given up on finding a few when the drill said I was 1m away and I still didn't see the node or hot spot(s).

Locking Entrati standing behind Conservation is incredibly stupid.

• The sheer number of captures required to get a SINGLE Son Token takes probably literally 100x the time it takes to get any other token.
  • Avichea are complete bullS#&$ as tiny flying birds that are impossible to find, if they even show up. The one I found was hovering 100m up in the sky so it took me forever to locate since it didn't show up on radar
  • The far far southwest Avichea trail marker is bugged because no trail shows up on the hard rock. I eventually located the lure point underneath a gigantic structure (just outside the energy well thingy), but no Avichea ever showed up when the lure was used.
  • There's the long-standing issue of trail map markers not showing elevation, so it can be effing hard to find them. Even more so since Deimos has so many massive elevation changes, overhanging cliffs, caves, gigantic aerial roots, etc.

In short, a Son token should require at most 20% of what they currently cost to acquire, and Avichea should be removed from the gating since tiny birds don't deserve to be conserved and are super buggy. Or you can just remove them completely because gating standing behind a buggy, super niche activity is S#&$ty design.

Edit: Oh, and tranqed purple velocipods fall through the world. Fun.

None of the activities are fun outside of bounties. I don't play this game to have a second job please get rid if all this useless pointless frustrating grind. Rebb talked about hate playing and she was completely wrong about it you guys invest actively into mechanics that slow us down to avoid low average player count but in doing that you create all the negativity you receive in the form of backlash etc. Its always been your fault these mechanics aren't enjoyable memorable or fun in the slightest. Please de I would rather say nothing but good this about this game throw some cash your way for supporter packs but I can't justify it because grind and rng kills every modicum of fun and makes me just turn it off. 

Forcing Conservation was a very big mistake. But what makes it really bad is that it bugs out. Often, once the animals are attacked by the infested, they disappear and stop glowing, making them very hard to find. They also aren't rewarding at all.

A while back, endless missions were changed so that individual players could leave (by going to the exit in survival and extraction). This solved the problem of players who wanted to leave being held hostage by those who didn't, or players who didn't want to leave being kicked out by a pair of players who did.

The new Endless bounties do not have this feature, but they really should!

Hunting was an etremely awesome method of gaining standing in PoE/OV.  However in CD it has been completely destroyed because it takes 50 animals to get 1 token worth a #$^$%&ing measly 100 standing lmao.   wtf is wrong with you guys lol.   Fishing and Mining are just as horrible.  You have to sacrifice all the rare crap you get if you want any non mother tokens.

But lets talk about the ACTUAL hunting... because that sucked to..  

In my limited time there I did not have tags.  I started flying around in my archwing and just trying to spot critters with my tranq rifle.  Doing it this way result in mostly only finding animals that were in fights with infested.  Your suppose to fly down and rescue these injured animals and then you can use them to build yourself infested cat/dog.  I only found a few animals I could tranq for tags.   Every single tag I got was ranked BAD.  I dont think that even means anything anymore since you dont get any damn standing based on the rank of your capture.....

I just baught up all the tags for tier 1 before stopping,  I havent had a chance to experience that crappy method of hunting,   playing with poop, making horny animal calls, tranqing them in the face as they approach lol.  But I can tell you its going to suck because no matter wtf you catch its not going to be enough for a mother #$^%&$ing token lol.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mining is ok, but the veins are EXTREMELY difficult to see.  Isnt there some kinda Bio-luminescent critter that likes ore veins that could mark them...............

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fishing is super wierd...Fish swim around in this disgusting viscous fluid until they start flying around....PoE spears can only hit flying fish.  Drift Spears can penetrate the fluid... but in my opinion there should be way more fish in the fluid,  im ok with only a few flying around.  I guess sun/moon worm chunks are what you use for fish bait in the Drift... but I havent tried it yet..   Fish dye lights up the fish even if they are flying... I caught lots of fish in the open and in the caves.  The rares are rare lol.   I really love OV fishing and think the fish density was pretty perfect.  Cambian Drift feels like it has less fish/density.  

Why can we get all recourses, especially those you need to gain and progress in syndicates from fighting enemies and exploring? At this point it is pretty apparent that most don't like fishing, mining or any other of the dull "activities" so of course you need to forcefully shove it down everyones throat, again.

Archived