Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Cambion Drift & Activities Feedback

SilverBones

Oh-Kay. Where do I begin? It's fun, it's interesting, and it's all the disgusting infested stuff someone like me could ever want. Two issues though. Avichaea, and Deimos's geography. I think the pathing is a bit off because those things spawn somewhere in the stratosphere, and hitting them is really hard with that slow travelling dart. 2. Deimos's Geography, with the Avichaea. I got a call spawn on one of the big infested bits, and I waited for a good five to ten minutes for that damn infested Mergoo to spawn in. It never did appear, so I quit the mission afterwards because I was tired of trying to find it. Oh, third bit of info then. With all the orange spore effects, it's hard to see the Avichaea's blips in the sky. 

Does EVERYTHING have to be the same shade of orange?
I can't see anything in the open world.  Orange glowing flora, orange glowing enemies, nothing but orange everywhere.  

It's painful to try to play.  I strain my eyes looking for any movement that might suggest an enemy, but EVERYTHING moves 

(I just managed to play the "Heart of Deimos" intro mission. Sorry if this is not the right place)

The lighting / autoexposure needs a fix to make it visually enjoyable, since some areas are...bright. and bloom like crazy with bloom setting on only 40 (tested it on off too. Didn't change much ingame though). Instead of watching those 2 giant worm's epic shootout, I had to squint or look away. I really wish I could play this area on my old settings and enjoy the full beauty of it all. Pre end of June, WF looked glorious! Now kinda -in addition- things looked slightly...flat and plastic in some areas.
Okay, enough of that, I just found it sad, to play on a dampened down screen with nearly all effects and glows disbled to be able to play at all. (reasons in different posts)
I don't know if it was because of my sparse settings, but I also had trouble spotting enemies. On the other hand, it is only logical that infested blend into Cambion perfectly *shrugs

For the missions: Loved it! Especially the part where my frame was basically shattered and we had to sneak. I really dig stuff like that! Thanks :)
Also big love for the "Snake? SNAAAAAAKEEEE!" (Oh the memories... And I didn't even see it coming xD)

I got into a t5 bounty today for the release of the naberus event and oh man, the """"reworked"""" latrox une is goddamn atrocious. Still forcing rng for mission completion, abysmal enemy spawn rates (one man squad) always on the farther side from you only to keep chipping off the drone hp that, with the epic 1 sample every 50 kills will probably fail you the bonus.

Stop with this crap if you can't do a decent risk/reward mechanic that isn't tied to rng just put a boring timer as you've always done like in 50% of other bounties.

Or maybe just increase the sample drop rate based on squad size (so weird fortuna and deimos bounties are faster when played alone instead of full squad when this is supposed to be a coop game lmao).

So after playing for more than a month, my biggest complaint so far is...

The Infested aren't swarmy and chaffy enough. And there are too many super powerful RANGED enemies sniping me down rather than being swarmed and torn to shreds.

Basically Infested should have a LOT more weak swarmy units like Chargers, Runners, Maggots, new enemies, etc. crowding the enemy down, etc. The Infested Swarms should be highly resilient to AoE and melee swings based on their numbers, the more there are the tougher they are as a group.

Secondly, on a related note, I feel like 100% of the threats I'm facing are all ranged attacks. The Osprey and Carnis DPS's. Jugulus Turrets sniping me down from afar. Deimos Drone rocket-spams.

That's my big take away so far. Too elite, not swarmy enough, too many ranged threats.

Hi so I'm max rank with the Entrati and Loid. I've done a ton of mining/fishing etc on Deimos. I think there's something up with my game or I'm missing something as I have never had Xenorhast or Embolos drop from mining. I got one Cabochon Embolos from a mission but that's it. I now need them for building things and I'm getting a bit frustrated as I have everything else I need to build my blueprints but these, can some tell me what I'm missing?

Yes, hello. Sorry to bother you all, but I have noticed a HUGE error in the fishing on Cambion Drift....
Where is the Infested boot?
I need an Infested boot to complete my collection.
I leave the style/nature of the boot up to you, but might I recommend the severed talon of a BiteyScratchikins?

Pictured: A sad, incomplete boot collection...

Spoiler

[img]https://i.imgur.com/cJfaJ9F.png[/img]

Latrox Une needs a serious rework. The Sample drop rate is still atrocious and having to babysit the drone on top of this is ridiculous. In a T5 bounty today it took ten full minutes to gain the required 10 samples. Enemies dried up almost immediately after the first wave and after that just refused to spawn barely at all, and most would drop nothing. There was a single Genetrix present but all it did was float around and be a noisy nuisance rather than drop any Infested into the field.

The Deimos Tendril Drones are near impossible to pay attention to when you are in a large fight. Getting latched onto four times one after the next right after re-upping Rhino's Iron Skin each time (and having to continue re-upping with every new drone that latches on) is utterly the worst experience in the drift. It does not help that they are small, fast, home in on you for miles, and also fire a projectile that also drops you out of your archwing, as they do when latching onto you as well.

Please for the love of God remove Latrox Une,  or only is his bounty literally torture, that you made even worse with the new optional challenge. But his voice is literally grating on my brain. There’s no dialogue variation, it’s the same, droning monotone voice over and over and over.

It cost you nothing to make that bounty, it cost you nothing to make it even worse. It’ll cost you nothing to remove it. Please for the love of God.

I have one major issue, as people before me stated: Latrox Une misssion, especially the optional objective which is, pardon my language total bullS#&$. I don't know what was the idea behind it but I don't think anybody tested it.

1. The drone doesn't regenerate it's shield despite being shield provider, even better my own shield drone doesn't regenerate Latrox Une's drone shield. What's the reason behind it? Why is it so inconsistient compared to other instances of shield drones being used in the rest of the game?

2. The infested that attack Latrox prioritize the drone and worse yet mostly the ranged infested spawn. What they like to do is to try and nuke the drone from orbit, or across the map better yet, the drone is made out of paper, dying in 5 hits at most from anywhere.

3. The drone is an idiot, doesn't follow the dude it's supposedly protecting, wandering off into the distance making you try to defend 2 separate points on the map instead
of 1.

4. Latrox Une's mission is literally in every single bounty or at least it feels like it is.

5. Because of the 1-4 the bounty system creates it's own meta, discouraging any type of play that doesn't provide additional survivability for the drone, making overall progression through syndicate slower and probably more toxic if you play pugs.

So, uh, can we fix the Vome cycle? Because I've noticed exactly zero difference in Infested behavior in either Fass or Vome cycles and the Necramechs stay dead the entire time, despite the fact that, during the Vome cycle, the Infested are supposed to become docile and the Necramechs are supposed to wake up and start hunting the Infested.

Rail grinding doesn't work well. There are some K-Drive races that are made impossible because the K-Drive will just fly right off the rail grind, even if going in a straight line. The terrain also doesn't make riding a K-Drive at all, feels like the drive isn't actually hovering so even if it looks like it'll clear over something it bounces off it instead.

1. Enemy spawn rates are too low everywhere. Its supposed to be infested world and I expect to be swarmed by enemies at all times but currently theres only like one squad of 5 roaming during the bounties and I have to ACTIVELY hunt them down sometimes for minutes at a time (meaning minutes with NO ACTION at all = boring). Someone else already also stated that maybe theres too many elite enemies that just snipe you from distance rather than swarms of smaller ones attacking you.

2. Not enough different bounty locations. Too many bounty stages are at the exact same locations, on top of the mountain or below it, same thing back and forth. Needs more variety.

3. Latrox Une is still painfully slow and boring (after the "fix"). This actually probably goes back to point 1, that the enemy spawns are too low. In this stage, you sometimes have to hunt for one small pack of enemies on the edge of the area for ages just to end up with no samples. This is very boring gameplay. Also the shield drone is made of paper but it would be alright if the rest of the bounty wasnt so long.

4. Cauldron bounty, too many ranged enemies. You are supposed to kill enemies within the circle around the cauldron, but too often theres only ranged enemies sniping you from miles away. Even with warframes with "pull abilities" its sometimes really annoying. I think the AI on the ranged enemies should be improved, so that they would only snipe you if you are on an archwing or literally unreachable. Also, again, slow enemy spawns.

5. Garv and buddies affected by warframe buffs. I guess this might be a bug? Ive noticed at least Roar buffs their damage as well, causing you to lose the bounty because they basically start one-shotting everything. Not sure which other abilities affect them. I understand they are technically your allies here, but this is gonna create a lot of annoyance.

Rest of the bounties seem fine unless I forgot something. Collecting the flowers is quite nice mission, its not too long and its not all about killing things. Seems pretty impossible to keep the purifier protected though, but its not an issue really.

Have you ever considered making some kind of community mission/gamemode/bounty design contest? Not sure if theres been one before, but Ive seen some really good ideas from the community, ones that seemed very much possible to make with the current system and its a shame to see them never implemented. Would be interesting to see K-drives included in bounties as well somehow, like races or something.

Please change the bounty rewards the first 2 bounties your rewards are all mostly garbage, like credits and endo. Then the 3rd one there are 9 god damn mods and 3 chances to get the same ayatan star and relics and to top it off 3 different amounts of endo. Please remove 2 of the 3 Ayatan stars and just have 1 endo reward with a set amount. Then spread out the other good rewards put some common mods on the 1st bounty

I don't mind most of the bounties some are fun and easy, most are quick to do and farm. The grineer and corpus bounty however make me wanna die. They are 3 - 5 times longer then any other bounty, and I have never successfully kept the drone from death. It takes so incredibly to get all the samples. Please DE increase the sample drop rates. I was like this takes forever I'll take Necros. Still takes like 5 - 8 mins for the sample collection alone. I feel like there's something wrong with Daimos. Like yeah I like a challenge. But I've just been pummeled into the dust.

I would just like to add why would you put 3 chances to get and ayatan star as a reward for bounties why not one, I like getting a couple for ayatans but I think I had 4 or 5, I now have 25 + and I haven't gotten any of the silver or gold mods. Just relics, endo and ayatans stars. If I wanted those things I would go farm for them, I want to receive new content not old content in new areas.

I do love Warframe and want to see it better. Plz fix

I've had a skim through the post but I can't find anyone else suggesting this so...

I propose that fish that are killed in Deimos, by player weapons, abilities, glass explosions etc, should have a low (5-10%?) chance of dropping their appropriate resource. My reasoning is simple - one of the frustrating things about fishing/conservation/mining in all of the open worlds is how frequently the player is interrupted and has to pull out their weapon to deal with the threat. Particularly in Deimos where the fish are often above ground, it's very easy for them to get killed in the crossfire. Utterly frustrating when you're using bait and a rare fish has just spawned.

The drop rate would need to be set right - at 100% it would defeat the purpose of the fishing spears entirely. I don't want to detract from the fishing experience, just trying to suggest a way to balance out some of the frustration of lost fish due to the sudden appearance of enemies.

This whole update was uncalled for in regards of overgrind please reduce the grind level in Deimos by at least 85% as this is ridiculous and also change how we can earn standing back to the way we always have in the other open world's (Cetus/plains of eidolon and Fortuna/orb Vallis) because the grind in this is just completely overboard I can't even get any of this done because I burn out before I can even get anything done so if you think you've done right by putting literally like 250% extra grind into this new open world you would incredibly wrong so please DE listen to the players Don't just force overwhelming grind that is way too much grind to begin with on players especially those who want to enjoy it, its as simple as this heart of Deimos open world IS NOT FUN because there is TOO MUCH GRIND and not enough ways to get standing it's all too much so please once again DE please change this as I believe a lot of players would greatly appreciate it

• 9 months later...

Archived