Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Cambion Drift & Activities Feedback

SilverBones

So, now I had a few days to play with it, I have actual thoughts and feedback:

Great stuff:

• Dense world: the Cambion Drift feels really densely populated with caves, critters, things - it feels alive and travelling is short but fun. You also keep finding little bits placed by RNG (e.g. Necramechs, random conservation creatures, fish floating around) that keep it fresh so far. In terms of "feel", it's the nicest open world yet that's actually fun to visit.
  • Verticality: It's fun to traverse on foot, with the Archwing and with K-Drive/Velocipod because there's actually a lot of verticality to deal with - actually captures some of the parkour feel that the normal mission tile sets have. Again, best open world effort so far, it feels more "Warframe" than others.
  • Creatures: Overall, the whole infested faction feels a lot more fun on Deimos: the Carnis crawling on the ceiling, the Saxums popping out of the ground, the facehug... erm, "tentacle drones"... and the new spawn "pods" look and feel smoother, more organic and "icky" (in a good way). This is the best (and creepiest) the infestation has looked yet, I really hope these shinier infested (maybe retextured) start to replace the outdated infested elsewhere.
  • Fishing: This is actually more fun than on the previous open worlds, the fish a clearly visible and less skittish (overall), it's very much something you can just dip into during a mission - more so than on the other open worlds. Again, fun.
  • Resource Drops: between all the random drops from random containers and the Isolation Vaults, acquiring resources isn't too onerous - the loot pinata is great and fun. And thanks to the Father, there's still a resource sink that I still care about the stuff right now.
  • More interesting NPCs everywhere: Not just the family in the Necralisk, I love the Grineer and Corpus popping up and you helping them. It's just nice to have these little interaction - and again, it contributes to making the whole thing feel very "lived in".

Stuff that's interesting but not there yet:

• Open world activities: There are a few fun activities but it feels like it could just be pushed a bit more: the monoliths should just be a doing a bit more, cause spawns, be more dangerous. Similarly, the Foss/Vome cycle: it feels more interactive than the Day/Night or Hot/Cold cycle but it just feels like having a bit more interaction to make it really great - not sure how but it just feels on the cusp of an open world I could just hang out with friends for several missions in a row and not get bored.
  • Bounty system: The bounties in general are nice and fun, but please add a triple isolation vault bounty for better matchmaking with randoms (P.S.: can we get special bounties for Thermia Fissures, too? Bounty matchmaking is so vital to make it a fun experience)

Not-so-great stuff:

• Status immunities: Please dial down the blocking of CC. It makes "sense" for the void mechs but for the others, it's not that great and feels like a step back compared to "Warframe Revised" - I'm happy with reduced CC durations/effects/diminishing returns but not a fan of it just not working
  • Necramech weak points: Necramech weak points are really annoying in solo and not well explained during the quest. I don't want them to be trivialised but there should be some way to accomodate the fact that solo players need to "cheese" to be able to hit the weak spots
  • Corpse visibility: Infested corpses on the drift are way too visible with all the emissive spots, looking very "alive" until they fade, especially as some have very slow death animations. If the emissives would dim on death, it'd feel a lot more responsive
  • Interruptions: please let us play activities without getting interrupted all the time - being attacked during conservation should be a thing (partially to get the weakened predasites etc) but it's a bit too frequent now... and the Cephalite Glass Resonance is super annoying here. Please dial it down in open worlds.

• Increased the Bait Defense time from 60s to 90s and increased enemy reinforcements.

this change in isolation vault bounty during vome (46 min duration), basically force us to just open 1 vault sidequest

times

1 or 2 min npc talking before starting the mission
1 or 2 min collecting the bait items vome/fass
1.5 min defending the bait
3 min fighting in the toxin phase
0.5 - 1 min reaching necramech
1-5 min fighting necramech
5 min for Loid go to all points charging the reactive cristals and we open the vault

at best 13 min per tier, at worst 19.5 min per tier

and for tier 2 and 3

fly to the mother spawn point to start the next quest 0.5 min
start same as before

so we need to go we ultra meta to delete necramech in a few seconds and only open the last vault ignoring the vault from tier 1 and 2 if we want to get something done during vome

After looking at the 29.0.4 hotfix, please revert back the timer needed for bait defense. No one here likes to wait too long on many missions.

Please let it be the same and decrease the timer on any other Cambion Drift missions.

Avichaea Spawn must be bugged more than half the time it can not be found and I'm guessing its in the structure. The orange glow is god awful in a map that is primarily that color. Make it match the warframe color like the drills do.

Key resources are so rare its a damn meme now.

Mission timers are being extend (why? My time is valuable and you are making me do way more run then any where else in the game. Adding time does not make this game hard. We see that with player running HOURS of farms for mats.)

Conservation not adding new hunt points Edit it's a bigger issue with Avichaea it looks like... (it does is in vallis and POE so not in the new zone? Be consistent!)

Making stuff impossible to get in a reasonable time is not fun. Not sure how much more I can push through this crap.I am just going to give up and maybe try again in a few years if they are still around. It's like DE doesn't even play the game anymore and their streams are just smoke and mirrors because of the pretty pay check at the end of the day.

Il y a 2 heures, enemystand a dit :

this change in isolation vault bounty during vome (46 min duration), basically force us to just open 1 vault sidequest

times

1 or 2 min npc talking before starting the mission
1 or 2 min collecting the bait items vome/fass
1.5 min defending the bait
3 min fighting in the toxin phase
0.5 - 1 min reaching necramech
1-5 min fighting necramech
5 min for Loid go to all points charging the reactive cristals and we open the vault

at best 13 min per tier, at worst 19.5 min per tier

and for tier 2 and 3

fly to the mother spawn point to start the next quest 0.5 min
start same as before

so we need to go we ultra meta to delete necramech in a few seconds and only open the last vault ignoring the vault from tier 1 and 2 if we want to get something done during vome

Il y a 2 heures, .LeiA._ a dit :

After looking at the 29.0.4 hotfix, please revert back the timer needed for bait defense. No one here likes to wait too long on many missions.

Please let it be the same and decrease the timer on any other Cambion Drift missions.

I'm for reducing time for vault steps too. It tooks too many time for doing the bounty ... And we can't get any Scintilliant even with your fix.
- Toxin step can be reduced to 1min30. More is useless than fear everyone.
- Necramech is just overpowered, where we can't do anything in Tenno, slowing us for just no reasons ?.., We can't understant their phases and weakpoints ...
- Remove the increase duraction of first step.

Other thing, even with this hotfix :
- no scintilliant in vault room, even after 4 runs (T1, T1, T2, T3).

- no scintillant out of the vault room or maybe not considered as ressources ? Then animal instinct can find it.
- can't get a scintilliant even after 7 run of second bounty & 5 first bounty.

If you want to create a new "cetus wisp" please add a package of 3-5 scintilliants as rewards for higher level bounties, and make them findable out of bounty exclusives areas...

And please, adjust the drop rate of sample for Latrox One step .... It's insane while we have to stay 5 min for just one step, while we have a sample every 15 enemies. Otherwise just increase enemies spawn rate or something like this.... but do something

Last thing, can you adjust speach time ? 30 sec just for speach, to wait they finish, without to know where we have to go for step ..

Mind about REAL QoL for, and just accept what we suggest. It could be resolved in only one patch with all our feedbacks. 

Thanks DE, your hotfix did absolutely nothing in in terms of scintillant fix. It's f@#$#ing frustrating to run 7 vaults continuously and get absolutely nothing for scintillants. I'm not even convinced they exist at this point. How #*!%ing difficult is it to just buff the drop rate because it's literally stupid at this point. 

Wisps in PoE has the advantage of having many water bodies to spawn next to. THERE IS ONLY ONE #*!%ING VAULT FOR WHICH WE HAVE TO RUN CLOSE TO 10 MIN BEFORE WE EVEN FIND IF IT SPAWNS OR NOT AND WE NEED THEM TO BUILD S#&$ IN SETS OF 5. AND PEOPLE CANT EVEN GET ONE OF IT MUCH LESS 5!!! 

Please, please stop putting in enemies that one shot sentinels even on the lowest bounty levels, or address sentinel survivability. Between Deimos and Corpus Fleet, anything outside of Djinn with Reawaken just doesn't finish missions, and it's frustrating. Corpus Techs suddenly have AoE, multiple higher level Infested enemies now seem to do AoE slam damage (making keeping a sentinel alive through melee hard), and electricity procs suddenly kill sentinels within seconds.

Seconding the having bounties fail for no reason thing too. Both the Grineer survivors and the Corpus scientist phases of bounties have abruptly failed on me, despite being ahead of the Grineer in terms of kill count, and the Corpus scientist being definitely alive and well when the bounty failed.

An addendum, since it's now happened twice...having Glassmaker opponents not only spawn, but then explode and kill your defense target so your bounty fails (looking at your Corpus scientist guy) isn't any fun, and isn't really something under player control. It isn't strictly Deimos related, but it's certainly made Deimos a little more aggravating.

To condense my rant from elsewhere...

DE, don't give enemies Ironskin-like defense buffs. Ever. And when I say ever, I mean E V E R. The entire game teaches players that when you're hitting for grey zeroes, you're doing something wrong. It does not mean 'keep shooting'. Also 'the enemy can chain them' is a whole new degree of garbage. Second, cool it with the goddamn pain in the ass weakpoints that are the only way to do damage. Don't put weakpoints on the ass of an enemy that is always turning to face you. Seriously, who does your boss design? Do you have anyone to test this stuff that isn't clued in on them or can ask what to do?

Cambion runs nice though, so that's good. The loading is downright snappy compared to the Vallis and Plains.

To make vault runs a little better, could we change stage 1's toxin area. Instead of waiting 3 minutes, keeping toxin from hitting 100 (still easy to do with the changes), could we instead do the opposite.

3 minute time limit, have to reduce toxin from 100 to 0 (as Otak/Loid says, it's too toxic and you have to reduce toxicity), so instead of an annoying 3 minute barrier, it goes faster if you can kill groups of infested quickly. I would expect it to take 1-2 minutes depending on the group's mass-killing abilities.

Vault runs are already easy to do, with some issues if you can't kill Necramechs easily. Loid isn't difficult to guard either. The whole thing feels more like a time barrier, than a vault run. Wait X amount of time, then get your loot. 

My last feedback is about Scintillants. I have no idea what they look like, where they will be, or what size they are. I essentially know to look for an orb in the vault, but every orb i see isn't it (there are quite a few). It would have been nice to have one pointed out during the Heart of Deimos quest, because then we would know what they look like and how to find them (similar to the vault door). At least Cetus wisps are guaranteed to spawn a certain amount (to my understanding) each time you enter the session. If scintillants are supposed to be similar, then i would recommend making a minimum spawn in vaults.

Part of the problem with Scintillants is there is no information on how to reliably find them. Cetus Wisps we know to look around the edges of water, and more spawn at night. I only know how to look for Cetus Wisps because of the wiki, not because of anything intuitive in-game. Scintillants have a description saying they are found in vaults, and I saw a random screenshot of Megan (i think) giving a text guide saying kill the necramech, then find scintillants flying around the vault. nothing flies around the vault, so that makes me more confused. Do i look up at the ceiling, is it at eye level, or maybe hovering just above the ground like Cetus Wisps. I don't see any, i just see a bunch of infested keeping the area covered in bodies and loot.

Hope that gives another perspective on Scintillants. I'm glad Necramechs drop them now, but I think the main problem is the lack of information on them. Maybe Monday, do a stream on finding Scintillants. That could boost the numbers without another Hotfix, assuming scintillants are spawning and we just aren't seeing them.

Now I know why players said there is a bug concerning the isolation vault being the same as the previous one. I think the reason is because they activate it from the same mother location as the previous attempt.

So please find a way to program it so either the game remembers how many vaults players have done in a single mission or disable the vault mission activation menu from that same mother out in the wild (whom the players previously have activated the vault mission from) during a single mission.

If going by the 2nd choice, the mother in the wild nearest to Necralisk should not have the vault mission option from the start so players won't messed up their game.

Endless bounty: Ayatan Amber Star is in the common, uncommon and rare drop pools. It's a massive feelsbad to get one of these every single rotation. If they absolutely must be there at least make the uncommon drop x2 stars and the rare drop x3 stars.

The gas proc from the Deimos Jugulus is far too damaging. It is essentially a death sentence for most frames that aren't immune to status effects, and the only counter in most cases is to quickly jump into Operator mode or similar. The Jugulus in general seems to one-shot you without any warning or idea of what hit you very frequently, and it is a very frustrating enemy to fight as a result.

The reflected damage on Necramechs is very unintuitive and difficult to avoid. I would prefer it if their ability spawned projectiles that tracked back towards you and could therefore be avoided - even if said projectiles matched your own damage, it would at least create an opportunity to dodge or otherwise avoid the damage which is otherwise very sudden and can easily kill you before you realise it's happening.

The new mobs on deimos have too much range compared to the size of the map and the areas designated for bounties. As an example when doing the bounty to protect and assist the corpus associate theres a spire that is used sometimes for the location of the bounty just outside the necrolisk and to the right on top of a cliff. when doing this bounty on the its final stage the area is so small that the the new infested centipedes, face huggers, and The jugulus have so much range they will never be inside the bubble and thus won't benfit the players kill count during the final phase of said bounty. However this is not a complaint about the area for the bounty but rather the target aquisition and firing range of these new mobs. and also that the new infested mobs all have enormous amounts of damage for their projectile and melee damage attack types seeing players get one shot through their shields. or taking around 400 damage from a single attack on mirage with a max stacks adaptation thats including eclipse with full damage reduction effect. So the new mobs need nerfs and for some of the attacks especially range attacks to be broadcasted better to the player.

The next point would be an improvement in the visibilty of certain animals intended for capture specifically the Avichaea its relatively small size makes it difficult to see as well as the environmental lighting and fog effects make it difficult to locate the animal visually sometimes

for mining there still seems to be an issue with locating mining points but this has to do  with some of the mining points being spawned underneath objects like infested growths  or the occasional environmental animations interfering with visuals like a cluster of pulsating infested tubes

While most new stuff is decent there are few things that should be looked at:

- Conservation should be improved in a simillar manner to minig: Improve visibility, add hints etc. looking for a small orange puslsating point on a map thats covered in orange light can be difficult.

- Isolation Vaults have potential to be an interesting acctivity but Necramech fight are extremly frustrating while solo. Hitting a small weak point on it's back is close to impossible while it tries to target you. Also I think there should be a way to disable it's reflective shields, having to wait for it to disable on it's own is just boring.

Fishing:  My only issues with this are either bugs, or things I hope are just bugs.
There is a split second when throwing your spear where enemies can apparently see you and attack you even when you're invisible.
And the fish themselves react to your movement even when you're invisible or not even touching the "water"

Mining: Mining is a chore, has always been, but now even more.
Patches can spawn in places so hard to reach it's almost mandatory to bring Ivara
Patches can spawn inside geometry
Patches spawn on "breathing" surfaces, which wouldn't really be an issue if the patches breathed WITH the surface they are on

Conservation: I don't mind the conservation, but the birds are a pain to catch around cerebrum Magna (if they even spawn at all)

19 hours ago, Bleubear3 said:
  • DE, please, remove the glassmaker from open worlds...

I'm so done about glassmaker. The spawning rate is so annoying. And together with all the abusive enemy spawning in Cambion Drift, glassmaker just helps kill the entire fun more easily.

The problem is that DE didn't realize that the entire game system is old. From the drops to the random system, from the relics to the building system... It's old and boring. It made sense when the game was small, with few things to do, so that would hold people playing. Now that the game is huge, filled with expansions and content, there are plenty of things to do more than just wasting time praying for good drop chances. I feel sorry for new players, and I totally get why they give up so early and easy.

After 3 years I'm still playing though, but my interest is fading more and more.

Making T2/T3 Vaults only available on Mother's near those vaults seems like it makes zero sense. Mother can appear all over and is connected to everything, it's not like it's a different NPC from one location to another. She should be able to talk to us at vault 1 and tell us to go to vault 2 etc. She shouldn't have different bounty lists at different locations in general. 

Also due to bugs it wasn't apparent at first that that was the intention as sometimes the vaults ARE available at the wrong Mother, but only to some party members and not others. I'm guessing that is why when you accept those vault bounties that the vaults become bugged (skipping the first step and having an empty already cleared vault at the end). 

Was going to suggest to mark out all isolation vault mothers for Undulatum, Albrecht's Prostpect and The Abscess Areas. But this a better Idea

7 minutes ago, Borg1611 said:

Making T2/T3 Vaults only available on Mother's near those vaults makes zero sense. Mother can appear all over and is connected to everything, it's not like it's a different NPC from one location to another. She should be able to talk to us at vault 1 and tell us to go to vault 2 etc. She shouldn't have different bounty lists at different locations in general. 

Spoiler

Also due to bugs it wasn't apparent at first that that was the intention as sometimes the vaults ARE available at the wrong Mother, but only to some party members and not others. I'm guessing that is why when you accept those vault bounties that the vaults become bugged (skipping the first step and having an empty already cleared vault at the end). 

Want to talk about the Necramech fight(s) a bit, because I think they're really cool and mostly a good time, but dragged down by a couple of really frustrating problems. Namely:

• Storm Shroud suffers from a lack of clarity that feels really, really unfair given how dangerous it is. Player firepower being what it is, it's incredibly easy to self-destruct with little to no warning because you hit the shield, which gives no clear indication of what it does (specifically that it reflects projectiles) or how to break it. I've seen a variety of suggests here and on the wiki, ranging from using Operator abilities to breaking it with damage (a la Iron Skin) to just having to wait it out, and I've gotten consistent results with exactly none of them. Sometimes I'll try an ability and the shield will break; sometimes it does nothing; sometimes it breaks and the mech just immediately reactivates it. All put together it's just very frustrating to deal with.
  • Gravemines deal too much damage. That's basically it. I don't know if it's a bug or an oversight or whatever but every time I've stepped on a mine with shields down it's been death, even with 90%+ damage reduction (e.g. Ember's Immolation at max power) in effect. The mines trigger very quickly and from a greater distance than their appearance suggests, so again, a lot of potential for very sudden deaths. The rest of the Necramech's arsenal is painful but pretty fair about allowing opportunities to play around it, so these two feel like serious outliers.
  • A relatively minor thing, but there should be some consistency, or at least a minimum cooldown time, before Necramechs try to retrieve lost limbs. I've had cases where they don't bother reattaching arms for a minute or more, and other cases where they reattach one literally the second after I blow it off. It's not a deal-breaker but it is a little annoying when it happens.

Other than the above couple of trouble spots, I think Necramechs kick ass. Love the visual and audio design, they're less loadout-intensive than other open world bosses (eidolons, orbs), and the vault rewards are pretty good all things considered. Still having a lot of fun with the update. Thanks for all the hard work; you guys rock. ❤️

Archived