Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Cambion Drift & Activities Feedback

SilverBones

Capturing avichea is annoying and frustrating sometimes. I went into a cave, made the call, and it spawned above me outside of the cave. So I went up above the cave and spent maybe 20 mintues flying around all over the place looking for this thing. I got very frustrated and annoyed. Finally I found it, it spawned inside the small crack, halfway between being inside the cave, and halfway between being on top of the cave. It was practically INSIDE the terrain, in this little air pocket.

I hope there’s an endless survival underground mission on Deimos one day, it’s the perfect environment for one and with the most interesting infested enemies. I also hope the toxin mechanic gets shared to Infested Survival missions outside of Deimos.

Endless excavation mission take to long for too small prize. I love idea and i would love playing this, pls make it better.

Excavator don't give cryotic or anything. I propose that one succesfull excavation should give equivalent of 3-5 mine ores insted of nothing.

In mission rewards i like how it scale in rarity of mods and amount of endo. In round 3 and higer insted of one amber star would be nice if it was 2 amber stars or very rare resoures like scintillant.

In normal excavation missions we have choise to have more than one excavator active. It would be great if in cambion drift player would be able to have two active excavoators. I propose add interaction with excavator A, press x to sumon excavator B. In case of 2-4 players, 2 players are needed to sumon excavator B. 

12 hours ago, Flying_Scorpion said:

Capturing avichea is annoying and frustrating sometimes. I went into a cave, made the call, and it spawned above me outside of the cave. So I went up above the cave and spent maybe 20 mintues flying around all over the place looking for this thing. I got very frustrated and annoyed. Finally I found it, it spawned inside the small crack, halfway between being inside the cave, and halfway between being on top of the cave. It was practically INSIDE the terrain, in this little air pocket.

I never could find the one in the cave under the Brain. There's usually two call points active and one is near the Brain, and I farmed all of the avichea I needed using the other call point. 

Unrelated and just a general Cambion Drift bit, I just have to comment on the jugulus, carnis, and saxis - collectively my new favorite large enemies in the game. A lot of larger enemies in Warframe tend to be immune to half our kit and invulnerable in phases or everywhere but one weak point, etc., which ends up making gameplay around them actually feel pretty narrow. These three are big, threatening enemies that look like and feel an actual threat to our larger-than-life warframes but are actually fun to fight. I really love the design, both visual and gameplay, around these guys.

I LOVE animal conservation, but i have to be honest, doing that on Cambion drift it is the WORST nightmare, i really don't wanna ANY of those floofs if i have to go through conservation on Deimos, simple reasons:

* Due the terrain elevations, the spawn point of the poop where you start tracking are so inconsistent, some times you are right on top of it and there is nothing there (even with no caves under you)
   * Some "tracks starts" makes no sense at all, i had to go  through a cave for about 100m to get a track for the Bird, then i had to go back all the way to the exit of the cave then about 150m more, if the animal will only spawn on the open sky, the track should NEVER start inside caves.

* Animal AI and pathing... specially the bird, they just don't work most of the time, again DUE the terrain of Deimos, most of the animals will just get stuck, spawn WAAAAAAY too far, or not even spawn at all, i am not even kidding, i had the little bug spawn like 200m away from the track.

I also need to say THANK YOU DE for making animals roaming around Deimos, being able to capture then without having to go through the above is a blessing, but it still, the problems above still annoying.

Now for the icing of the cake, the biggest reason i avoid doing ANYTHING like Fishing/Conservation/Minning on Deimos, ENEMIES:

* In PoE/Vallis enemies have their spawn location based on their "bases" across the map, some times they spawn outside it but it is rare, in Deimos it is different, the map is smaller, condensed, which makes enemies spawns ANYWHERE and far too constant.

* The "horde" aspect of the infested combined with the above makes obnoxious experience, simply because it is never one or two enemies.

* Enemies are too aggressive, they can spot you for far away, when if one spot you, the entire horde comes.
* Fishing is not that big problem because you don't move too much, but conservation where you NEED to move around looking at the ground for the tracks, doing it with the constant enemies attacking AND attacking the animals, results in so many bad captures, i think i waste more time killing enemies than helping animals.

Again, i love conservation, i do NOT mind "having" to do it if the Devs wants me to do, but when you combine all the problems above, it turns something that was supposed to be relaxing into a toxic experience.

A few bits of feedback on the Isolation Vault Necramech fights.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Point: Necramech Storm Shield Duration

Description: Occasionally, the duration of the storm shield (complete invulnerability period, including arms) will be an extremely long time. Just had a run where the Necramech was invulnerable for at least 5 minutes, perhaps even 10. I have read that the ability works like iron skin, so it may be the case that a lot of damage is taken during the initial phase and therefore, the shield takes a long time to deplete. However, I cannot confirm this mechanic.

Potential Change: Put a maximum duration on the storm shield.

Point: Necramech Storm Shield Frequency

Description: Necramechs will use the storm shield (complete invulnerability period, including arms) at every opportune moment.

Potential Change: Put a cool-down on the ability.

Point: Necramech Arm Retrieval

Description: Necramechs will pick up their arms immediately if there is no visible target in the vicinity (eg. Ivara using Prowl).

Potential Change: Put a cool-down on picking up arms, or allow arms to be destroyed whilst on the ground so that the Necramech cannot retrieve them at all.

Im Rank 2 with Entrati, Rank 1 with Necro.  I missing 1 tick floof and 2 bird floofs,  otherwise I got them all now.. 

Hunting:

-Some of the cats get attacked by infested and just dive into the dirt right away to escape, giving you NO CHANCE to capture them.

-When you find animals in the wild there are 1-3 of them.  When you use lures there is only 1 which I think has to be a bug.   Even Loid/Otak mentioned that you should pay attention because this one breed of cat likes to travel in herds....but it was only one...   In the wild I've seen dogs in 3's, cats in 2's, ticks in 3's, Birds in 3's, velocipods in 3's...  Lures always only ever gie 1.......

-Brother tokens should just cost generic tags,  any type, any breed.  With rarity making them worth more tokens.  Bad =1, Good =2, Perfect =3.  I dont know what it will take to rank Entrati up or ranks 4 and 5 but im kinda past brother now, and looking ahead.... he is still going to be a pain in the ass because not only do you have to hunt.  But you have to repeatedly hunt every type/breed.

-I'd really love the birds to have their poop and call spots moved, especially out of caves!!  Or make the call spot show up on radar while your in caves...

===============  But for the most part hunting has fun.

----------------------------

Fishing on the other hand...

-Those K fish are waaaaay to common.  Those things are outside and in caves.  Doesnt matter if its Fass or Vome!!

-As soon as you catch the intial 3-4 fish floating around it takes forever for more to show up, even on hotspots, even if your standing off the endochrine

-I fish invisable and have the best Drift spear, and yet fish can be alerted to me moving around at which point they race off and or disappear...

======== Fishing is way more frustrating than Hunting.  Not in terms of tokens, just in general.  Tons of waiting, that usually never pays off..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fass/Vome cycles should cause massive shifts in the drift.   Currently they feel basically the same with the only difference being the colors.  Conservation should shift between cat and dog,  ticks and birds.  FIsh should not be split betwen outside and cave in the drift.  They should be split between fass/vome.  1 common, 1 uncommon, 1 rare, and then 1 that requires bait,   per cycle.   

Due to Necramech shape, constant rotations, and the fact that phase 3 is armless, it's literally impossible to tell whether you look at its front or its back in a fight. ESPECIALLY in group. I've run several vaults solo, and one full chain in group, and I STILL have no idea where those vulnerable spots even are. I just hit something at random. Nor did people in my group, who were farming them a bit more than me. I'm sure as hell at this point that there's no vulnerability point on its back.

Or maybe it's because of shield? Shield that is horribly telegraphed, has no clear disabling mechanism to it, and allows this boss to go through regen cycle. Wiki says it can be disabled with void damage. I don't know. I've killed about 10 of those things now, and I still can't tell whether void damage disables it.

Then there's null pulse. Is it even a pulse? Does it have range? Is it AOE or targeted? Who knows, because it's absolutely untelegraphed and buggy. There's no debuff icon, there's no visual, there's nothing. You abilities just seem to turn off - yet their timers still continue as normal. My only indication that shatter shield is off is that I can recast it. I wouldn't even know about this, would I not try to fight mech with Loki, and didn't witness my invisibility being stripped all the time...while the timer goes on like nothing happened.

Oh, speaking about absolutely random stuff - how about Operator sometimes losing ability to dash? Same as in Ropalolyst fight, again, with no indication that it's on me. Your operator simply jumps up instead of dashing. Why is THAT a thing? One time it bugged, maybe - I don't know, because there's no visual - and clung to me for the rest of the mission, making me unable to dash completely until I returned to Nekralisk. Despite mech being dead by then for solid 10 minutes. 

Amazing boss fight. Really. Absolutely #*!%ing amazing.

Creating a game where the main proposition is to be able to play vastly agile, powerful, fast, fun and beautiful characters with nice animations and customization, able to kill hords of enemies in fractions of seconds, and then setting up missions where you ask them to stand still and defend an AI or a same spot for two minutes (which are far from having your mobility to escape said hords).

I don't want to rant, but, still. I find that hard to understand. Furthermore it brings all kind of incoherencies not only in terms of gameplay but also lore and other things which are pretty much unwelcome imo.

5 hours ago, Hastrer said:

* Due the terrain elevations, the spawn point of the poop where you start tracking are so inconsistent, some times you are right on top of it and there is nothing there (even with no caves under you)

I know it's possible for poop to appear under the surface of the goop rivers, and I think it may be doing so on regular terrain as well. Considering that the poop is exactly the color of the underlying terrain, it can be hard to spot looking straight at it, so I can't be certain I haven't just missed it, but I've spent several minutes crawling around looking for them. On occasion I've just walked to the center of the icon and pressed X a bunch until it started. 

I have to admit I've never liked conservation, but the process of finding the poop in the Drift is not a fun game to me. 

The Deimos Jugulus and Carnis enemies need a weakspot similar to the Deimos Saxum enemies. The Jugulus and Carnis get extremely tanky at higher levels, and its actually rather ironic that the update even included the weapon Zymos, which requires enemy weakspots to even deal any damage. And to anyone wondering, no, the Jugulus didn't seem to take any extra damage even when shooting their mouth when its open, and the Carnis dont take extra damage no matter where you shoot them.

So... This is huge improvement compared to other open worlds, now i can play the game how i like it and rank up with whatever: trade resources, do missions, etc. Basically i just need to play the game, this is good.

But this hunting BS has to stop. It very annoying, frustrating, anal and i just lost progress due to host migration. I don't really want to start listing issues with hunting, i would very much prefer if it is just removed from the game. I mean, what is the point of telling that tracks are barely visible? Challenging equals annoying, am i right? DE, please, just delete it from the game. Please.

It doesn't f-ing work and you don't want to fix it, it was always frustrating and no one made any effort to make it less frustrating, why not just delete it? What is the point in making your players frustrated?

Thank you for understanding.

31 minutes ago, WHATISREAL1 said:

What is going on with Thamuic? One hour mining with zero!!! And I am suppose to need 100+ of the item !

mining is the worst of the activities for me. node with 3 mini games and you only get 1 ore type? get a mini game with normal and rare segments and you only get rewarded the rare. mining needs another Qol pass.

Latrox Une bounty stages are terrible for two reasons:

• Spawn rate of the enemies that drop samples (with no indicator that they're going to drop a sample)
  • A hidden "stay in this area" zone which isn't highlighted on the map. During a Steel Path bounty he wandered outside the zone, and I got an "abandoning objective" warning as I tried to deliver the samples to him. I was unable to defend him during the upload stage since it would have meant abandoning the bounty.

It has become very apparent that Sentinel survivability really needs to be looked at.

During Isolation Vault runs, even a fully modded Wyrm Prime (which is already one of the tankiest Sentinels) dies oftentimes in the toxic tunnels, or fighting against the Necramechs, or while defending Otak and Loid.

I have had plenty of runs where I had to try to die with my Warframe in order to revive my Sentinel - a pattern that doesn't feel organic to game and frankly, it shouldn't be necessary.

This problem isn't new, but recent content updates (Deadlock Protocol and Heart of Deimos) have kicked it up a notch, and shown once again that Sentinels fare very poorly when Enemies are dishing out too much AoE damage that they can't defend against in any way.
Please consider granting them some sort of AoE-Immunity (or even better - in the long term, maybe even reconsider why Sentinels even need to have health or perma-death inside of missions.)

There is something I definitely don't like about Deimos or the new infested enemies in general, aside from a few units Infested were the melee faction, they even got biffs recently to be more threatening at close range... what did we get on HoD? more than half the new units and a few old ones now have ranged attacks, another lazy attempt to make these enemies "more difficult" aside from also giving them armor, you know what's the saddest part? there is this peculiar bounty segment where you have to kill enemies inside a certain area to charge up a device, when the segment needs to be more "difficult" the game throws less chargers, leapers and crawlers at you and instead just spawns a ton of ranged units which like to stay outside the circle, they are also for the most part immune to a lot of CC abilities which could allow you to pull them inside, basically another clear sign of developers never playing their game.

The best way to gain standing with the Entrati, by far, is via Mother's tokens. Why?

Conservation has no extra benefit from bad/good/perfect conservation. You only get Son tokens via purchasing them, which has a VERY bad effort-to-rep ratio. How about giving us Son tokens on capture (in ratio to bad/good/perfect capture), and/or massively up the rep-gain from his tokens (and/or how many tokens you get from purchasing them from him). Compare it to Vallis, where you get up to 8k rep per perfect capture of rarer animals... Here you, at absolute best, 500 rep per animal. But it's more common with around 50 rep per animal capture, which is ridiculous.

Fishing - same thing. Needs way more tokens granted per "purchase" and more rep per token.

Mining - again, same thing. More tokens per purchase, more rep per token.

Father - obviously, the same thing again (but arguably he requires more expendable resources, so he is just atrocious effort-to-rep ratio, just not AS atrocious as Daughter/Son tokens). Just needs more rep per token here.

Please do something about the sample gathering mission. It takes too much time to gather samples, sometimes I gather samples for 20 minutes just to see the Corpus guy die because he ran into an enemy that procs gas damage non stop on him.

And I can't defend him since all the infested I find are miles away from him. Except when one decides to spawn out of the ground.

Archived