Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: New K-Drive Mods, Shooting & Velocipods Megathread

SilverBones

As part of the very Glinty Heart of Deimos update, new functionality was introduced to K-Drives! From the eco-friendly Velocipod to the socially-unfriendly ability to shoot enemies with secondary weapons, K-Drives have had a boost!

If you have feedback to leave on the subject of the New K-Drive Mods, Shooting & Velocipods, then please do so in this thread. Please remember that you should keep your feedback constructive and civil. If you like an aspect of the new content, tell us what you like. If you do not like an aspect, then tell us why, and what you would change to make it better!

Please bear in mind this is not a place to leave bugs you discover while playing. If you do need to report a bug, please use the dedicated Heart of Deimos Bug-Hunting thread!

Thank you!

ya know what il do it anyway, yolo as the old kids say

Here are mod ideas for k drive that effect secondarys

1. A mod that turns trick combo into ammo for your secondary

2. A mod that increases fire rate while boosting but decreases accuracy

3.a mod that for kills with secondary while on kdrive give a temporary speed boost/boost speed boost

4. a mod that gives a massive k drive jump boost after a kill

5.A mod that gives the k drive a temp buff when you reload your secondary from empty

honestly that all i have for now
thanks for the good work/game!

I want to say general things about set mods. For all the time, we have not received a single set mods that would encourage or provide a tank or support for a group. They are mostly dps improvement or minor self buffs or weak cc.

I'm interested right now in mods that do AOE when killing an enemy in the air, but if that doesn't work with abilities or arcanes, then it will be very niche, like everything else.

I have only one piece of feedback to give - why do we have to manually draw our sidearm every time we mount the K-Drive? Why not have that happen automatically when mounting (and automatically switch back to whatever was active on foot, including Synthesis Scanners, Tranq Rifle etc)?

The changes are really nice, but I still see very little reason to ever use k-drives.

They're still extremely slow and clunky compared to archwings, which are available even to relatively new players. The fact that they can be used underground might hypothetically be useful, but the caverns are so cluttered and it's so easy to bonk yourself off a k-drive (even with a fully ranked mod) that I would never dream of using it to get around, even with weapons.

And velocipods, while a really neat idea and wonderfully animated, seem doubly pointless when k-drives are easy to acquire. I suppose a new player could try to use one to keep up with players who have k-drives or archwings, but by the time they find one and follow the other players in archwings, it's hardly going to be worth it.

I really wish we just didn't have atmospheric archwings in Deimos. It's small enough that they're absolutely not needed, and it would make the k-drives and velocipods much more interesting and useful. Would also be nice if it wasn't so incredibly punishing to run into any of the millions of little bits of geometry stuck all over absolutely everything. They need the Gauss Mach Rush treatment - running into something should matter, but it shouldn't feel so awful.

9 minutes ago, Modus-Pwnens said:

I really wish we just didn't have atmospheric archwings in Deimos. It's small enough that they're absolutely not needed, and it would make the k-drives and velocipods much more interesting and useful

Not everyone uses archwing only as a means of transportation. It is also a combat system and the only one from that small content where we can use them. Speed nerf? Yes, many would not like it, but I would accept it. Removal? No, it is bad.

Just now, selig_fay said:

Not everyone uses archwing only as a means of transportation. It is also a combat system and the only one from that small content where we can use them. Speed nerf? Yes, many would not like it, but I would accept it. Removal? No, it is bad.

You'd still have all the archwing missions, Empyrean, PoE, and Orb Vallis. It would be totally fine if we didn't have them in Deimos.

Just now, Modus-Pwnens said:

You'd still have all the archwing missions, Empyrean, PoE, and Orb Vallis. It would be totally fine if we didn't have them in Deimos.

Let's just say removing the archwing won't solve the k-drive problem. I hate k-drive, both stylistically and mechanically. If you remove the archwing, I'll just use Gauss, Titania, Zephyr, operator, but not them. But I would like to be able to manage normal archwing, because that does not limit my choices. 

Can we change how the K-drive slows down when you let go of the forward button in mid-air? It'd be way more fun if after building up speed and jumping, the speed carries over and you'd be free to do whatever the heck in mid-air while you keep your forward momentum.

edit: also, same idea for grinding on rails. You don't see Tony Hawk players holding the up button to keep their speed up when jumping or grinding. I feel it'd just make sense momentum wise, and would make K-driving more fun and fluid.

I was really hoping that the Velocipods would be summonable much like the k-drives.  They were sort of portrayed as a big feature addition in the trailers, but they seem little more than just a gimmick in practice.  They don't seem to have any real set spawn points, so there's no reliable way to come upon them save for random chance, meaning chances are you're already using an archwing or a k-drive so there's no real point to switching over.  Also, the fact that they're conservation targets doesn't help the matter.  Why ride the thing when I can tranq it to get the tags I need to pay the exorbitant prices for son tokens. 

I suppose some suggestions would be...

• Make Them Summonable:  Expand Son's functionality to allow players to catch and customize Velocipods akin to the Vulpaphyla and Predasites

or failing that

• Give Velocipods more functionality than K-drives:  If i'm on a k-drive and see a vilocipod, since there is no difference between the two save aesthetics, there's not real reason to switch over.   Giving the velocipod expanded functionality would make it a better choice and something to actually keep an eye out for.  Maybe giving it dual flight modes akin to the PoE Dargyn; with flight mode A being the general k-drive ground based movement, and by clicking the stick you switch to flight mode B that allows for Air travel akin to an archwing but still retain the limited weapon usage as to differentiate the two.

Ideally, for myself anyway, a combination of the two would make the Velocipods an actual alternative to the already standard modes of travel players already make use of.  For the most part, I am really enjoying the update as a whole, but there are a good number of small imperfections that with a little hammering out could lead to a much more enjoyable player experience. 

On 2020-08-26 at 12:48 AM, gylertaydos said:

We should be able to keep Velocipods and summon them like K-Drives. They're so cute, I miss my little buddy 😞

Ditto on this, please allow us to use the same system we do to make predasites and vulp-things with son.

Also, as far as I can tell, we're only allowed to hip fire on k-drive. Given that archwings get primaries AND secondaries and full ADS on both, could we at least get some sort of option to aim while using k-drive please? Obviously, I can see that things such as the knell aren't gonna get scopes, but it'd be nice for my single shot secondaries to aim with a reasonable degree of certainty where my bulletts are going to go. 
I know we're on the back of a skateboard, but we can also aim with pinpoint accuracy whilst simultaneously doing backflips and parkour, it's not going to break my immersion. 🙂

9 hours ago, (PS4)Ravenger-MRIB said:

Maybe giving it dual flight modes akin to the PoE Dargyn; with flight mode A being the general k-drive ground based movement, and by clicking the stick you switch to flight mode B that allows for Air travel akin to an archwing but still retain the limited weapon usage as to differentiate the two.

Hold up, dargyn's have an alternate flight mode?

1 hour ago, LordRusty said:

Hold up, dargyn's have an alternate flight mode?

It's technically has two modes.  The first being its Hover and the second, when you press on the left stick on console; not sure what that would be on PC, you enter a Boost mode.  I consider them separate modes since you can't descend while in Hover mode, only ascend, and have to enter the Boost mode if you want to go lower to the ground.

Could you guys please either change the description of how Perfect Balance works or improve it to work as described.
Currently, it only works while doing tricks and has no impact on your falling from bumping into tiny objects.
Falling off due to clipping on random stuff, or very insignificant things is the worst part about K-Drive's quality of life.

For reference:unknown.png

Custom, summonable bugdrives would be great! Son could manage the Bugdrive creation and either Son or Mother could manage the mods. Since it's an animal there could be lots of cool extras with bugs that you can't get with KDrives - like dismounting at high/max combo making your bug attack enemies, with duration and damage scaling with either the combo total, or one component of the "points * point_multiplier" equation you get before landing and the combo is calculated.

Fortuna kids could have some of their mods be made exclusive to non-bugdrives too of course.

Archived