Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: New K-Drive Mods, Shooting & Velocipods Megathread

SilverBones

K drives still have no place in the game.

The changes to add secondaries are nice and go a long way towards making them less awful, but they are still a terribly sub optimal choice.  Notice how all the other Feedback threads have dozens of pages after a week, and here we are on page 2, and half of that is people arguing if they are good or not.

If you want k drives to have a function there are 2 ways to go about it.

1) dojo room For custom course and maybe a skate park style room.

2) introduce missions like the old 3d worldrunner only better, where we need to be using a k drive because reasons, put useful rewards there.

Shedu for K-Drives, please. It's a single-handed weapon! Design-wise, it's the perfect weapon to fire off a fast moving vehicle.

Also, I have full support for the idea of Velocipods being capable of revivification, with an additional hover/glide mode built in. Being able to fly around on a dragonfly would be way cooler than an archwing just teleporting around.

K-Drive shooting really should have the reticle.

K-Drives could stand to be substantially faster to level. Trick points need to build up more quickly, really - that, or Affinity should be at a better conversion ratio. If secondary kills on the board don't count, they should.

The older K-Drive mods really need a rework.

• All of them that do damage could honestly use level scaling - otherwise, damage just isn't really worth modding for. Also, 4m is not a useful radius - if they were 12-20 or so, they would be much more compelling in general.
    • Cold Arrival needs at least a stack or two of guaranteed procs to be worth it.
    • Kinetic Friction also needs the same.
    • Slay Board could use some kind of AOE on contact and a guaranteed slash proc.
    • Sonic Boost doesn't damage, but could use the same radius buff and faster cooldown.
    • Thrash Landing needs radius, but also to be at least 100% or more of trick score, considering how slow it is to build up trick score.
    • Trail Blazer needs a guaranteed proc and to be triggered by boosting, not doing tricks - if you're spinning in midair, you can't really hit anyone with a fire trail. It also doesn't do much damage at all.
  • Perfect Balance should be at least 80 or 90% at max rank, as a 10 rank mod.

New mods:

• Primo Flair really doesn't line up with how slow it is to build up a full trick - you basically need to do several rounds back and forth on a grindrail to build up that much.
  • Bomb The Landin' seems like a better template for how large K-Drive combat mods need to be to be interesting.
  • Juice is a great idea that really gives incentive to riding the board and mixing it up.
  • Vapor Trail, on the other hand, has an absurdly high energy cost, even if Juice charges it up quickly in theory - it shouldn't be more than 6 at most. Hildryn should probably have an energy to shield multiplier applied, because 10 shields/sec is a bit unfair.

I had an epiphany while reading these comments.

First I have to say that the velocipods are cute as 'ell and kinda fun to ride even if they do suffer from all the drawbacks associated with k-drives, AND weird animations when doing tricks. (A glorified dragon fly spinning 360 degrees with forward momentum and then into a barrel roll, just violates the fundamental laws of physics.) I also agree with many other users here that we should be able to keep them, but I have a different idea. Make them a pet. A 100% passive pet that has no attack and no damage dealing precepts....but can use mods like Animal Instinct, fetch, utility mods basically...

...and as a cherry on top, we can ride them like kdrives. So we'd basically have a bug drive following us around being usefull all the time and when we need a speed boost, we just hop on and go leaving all the utility mods active. No fiddling around with the gear wheel. Of course...to.make this work, you'd have to allow K-drives in all missions...but that's something that people have been asking for ever since fortuna dropped...

just a few minor feedback oppoints,

velocipods are fun but there is no real reason to use them over regular K drives - cause mods,

Velocipods if made into actual K drives with moding options (if our ccompanions can be modded why not velocipods?)

If you somehow do get this as an option (modding) it would be cool if the velocipods appear "shai hulud" style instead of just popping out of thin air. gotta follow the rule of cool.

Specific mods ,like precepets, per velocipod breed would also be nice.

Being able to use the spear / tranq rifle would help a little bit if there is an additional mod that somehow makes it easier to catch fish or tranq animals.

Appreciation:

I am enjoying the combination of the juiced mod with the 3 second invulnerability mod - makes k drives a sub optimal but acceptable alternative to gain energy and status purging - properly modded i don't have to worry about energy in most scenarios of open world.

On 2020-09-07 at 8:24 AM, (XB1)NoTownGhost said:

I had an epiphany while reading these comments.

First I have to say that the velocipods are cute as 'ell and kinda fun to ride even if they do suffer from all the drawbacks associated with k-drives, AND weird animations when doing tricks. (A glorified dragon fly spinning 360 degrees with forward momentum and then into a barrel roll, just violates the fundamental laws of physics.) I also agree with many other users here that we should be able to keep them, but I have a different idea. Make them a pet. A 100% passive pet that has no attack and no damage dealing precepts....but can use mods like Animal Instinct, fetch, utility mods basically...

...and as a cherry on top, we can ride them like kdrives. So we'd basically have a bug drive following us around being usefull all the time and when we need a speed boost, we just hop on and go leaving all the utility mods active. No fiddling around with the gear wheel. Of course...to.make this work, you'd have to allow K-drives in all missions...but that's something that people have been asking for ever since fortuna dropped...

This is wild. I don't see it happening, but I love the idea so muuuch!

I believe that velocipod skins was a bad idea, it would be better if velocipods were their own thing, which we could customize it(Velocipod Revivification?), like maybe choose between different wing, eye and body types.

It would be even better if it was turned into companion/k-drive fusion as in (XB1)NoTownGhost idea : )

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-09-22 at 4:20 AM, Culaio said:

I believe that velocipod skins was a bad idea, it would be better if velocipods were their own thing, which we could customize it(Velocipod Revivification?), like maybe choose between different wing, eye and body types.

It would be even better if it was turned into companion/k-drive fusion as in (XB1)NoTownGhost idea : )

leave them be a skin, we dont need another grind in warframe, also like your IGN i know what you did there😉

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-10-31 at 5:45 AM, prodi1600 said:

Its a spanish slang for sex.

A surprise to be sure but a welcome one XD

it was completly unintentional, origin of this is actually me first starting in some MMO game, I couldnt find good name for my character so I saw amercian rapper "Coolio" on tv so I named my character that, but some time later mod messaged me, telling me that my name breaks game rules for not being very fantasy like and told me that it would need to be changed, he asked me if I have any alternative in mind, I couldnt come up with anything on the spot so mod offered me that he would change my orginal name to sounds more fantasy like, which is how "Coolio" become "Culaio" ;p

And because this name has such story behind it I decided to use it everywhere XD

I think the Velocipods are a bit pointless at the moment. What I would like to see is the 'pods be more 'combat focused' rides than the K-drive, which is built for speed and style.

I like riding my K-drive around while shooting stuff in the Plains and the Vallis, but even with the 'combat' mods on, the K-drive is really only for laughs (try it with a Pyrana Prime one day).

Perhaps; each Velocipod has a special ability that somehow assists combat.

Green - heal/status removal pulse / aura

Purple - soft CC pulse / aura

White - Damaging pulse / aura

Maybe also giving them all a different element/status type AoE ability you can shoot. That would be highly amusing. 

Archived