Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Necramech Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

5 hours ago, Rookie808 said:

So telling me you can't solo it. Cool.

Wow...swing and a miss.

No, it can be soloed.  The point is that between bugs, and behaviors of the necramechs being very different from otherwise established norms, the missions range from easy to hard simply whether the enemies decide to spam powers or whether they are more balanced.  If there's that much variance in a game mode based upon simply how the enemies respond it points towards some shoddy structuring.  To solo this all you need is decent crowd control (the arcane to latch enemies makes every operator capable of this), and a weapon that chains damage.  I generally run the Larkspur archgun.  

It's not about whether it's easy to solo or not, it's about consistency and whether of not these are the next eidolons/orb mothers.  Things that are huge until people finish the grind....then become a buggy mess.  

A couple more suggestions.

Mod acquisition is unreliable. Specifically, 10%, split across the individual mods. This makes it unreliable and difficult to get even the basic mods. I would suggest placing the basic, bog-standard mods into the Necraloid syndicate, in order to make the 'baseline' functionality of the mech more accessible.

As detailed in this reddit thread: https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/ijvod9/the_problem_with_mech_capacity/ Necramechs are stretched for space, as they only have access to the default 60 capacity, over twelve mod slots. In order to use even a 'basic' full build, you will need to invest around 11 forma - an unheard of investment on top of an already on top of the already extremely intense acquisition - and of course, this limits any potential for future build diversity. As the suggestion in the thread states, this would be an area where the 'rank 40' system would be good, even when it wasn't on the Kuva weapons, as this not only rewards additional mastery for the trouble, but also makes the cost less prohibitative, as the additional space would greatly reduce the required input.

Lastly, and this is just a more personal, selfish request but... should we ever get more mechs beyond the promised second one, could a mech have the capacity to reconfigure into a tank mode or similar? I just feel something like that would be awesome.

By far I've been enjoying the Necramech.

It's powerfull and fun. I'm surprised how mobile it is. The movement system feels a lot better than the operators'.

On the other hand it would be nice if we had better energy and health regeneration on them. 

And their Storm Shroud ability feels kinda week. Maybe if it had an unmoddable absobrtion  multiplier on it that would make it a lot better.

And finally can we have the mods or at least some of them available at Loid? Even Common mods are pretty rare.

4 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Mod acquisition is unreliable. Specifically, 10%, split across the individual mods. This makes it unreliable and difficult to get even the basic mods. I would suggest placing the basic, bog-standard mods into the Necraloid syndicate, in order to make the 'baseline' functionality of the mech more accessible.

I'll echo and expand on this. Now that necramechs are finally coming out of the foundries of players, I'm expecting there will be a significant number of people complaining about the mod drops. Now that these mods are only from vault necramechs we have to consider the numbers behind these drops:

There's a 10% chance a vault necramech will drop a mod. You defeat only 6 necramechs for every tier 3 vault run. You can likely beat an average of 10 necramechs an hour, statistically you'll get 1 necramech mod an hour. This update the devs have already seen that low drop chances are brutaly inconsistent. Some people will get 1 an hour, some people (like me) won't even get 1 a day. On top of this there's high chances of that 1 mod drop being a duplicate.

For players with full-time jobs it could take them over a month to get all the mods. Part-time jobs, weeks. Students with time on their hands, still a week or two. This is all with dedicated farming so no time to do anything else in Warframe. I don't know what the devs intended the drop rate to be, but requiring people to spend every minutes of their available Warframe time to run the same content over and over for weeks likely isn't the intention of the current necramech mod drop rate.

Necramech Damaged Part/Mod/Economy constructive criticism:

I was able to max my reputation with the Necraloid syndicate before acquiring all the damaged parts to even craft a my own Necramech. In addition, I was able to purchase all the blueprints Loid offers. This seems completely backwards. At the time of writing this I still don't have one part to complete my own Necramech. I am also on console and at the time of writing this we cannot trade parts. Instead of just "adding" part trades I have some suggestions to make this syndicate more engaging or rewarding to rank up:

1. Increase the number of Necraloid syndicate ranks. With each rank you acquire the next blueprint to create each part of the Necramech. The damaged part you need to complete the blueprint is a guaranteed drop from tier 1 for the first part, then tier 2, then tier 3 and so on. This way you are rewarded for completing the vault AND ranking up. Upon acquiring the guaranteed drop I would suggest Loid (not Otak as his is pure cringe) announce that you "found a piece of the Necramech." Upon completion of mission you can go to foundry to craft the part (if you have the other resources more on that later). This would be WAY more rewarding than a small drop percentage chance to acquire a part in an already diluted loot pool. Additionally this would eliminate the duplicates you receive from running vaults. I would like to point out that I AM NOT implying more grind for each syndicate rank with this suggestion. The developer would need to simply need to adjust the tribute costs/requirements for each rank and scale down appropriately. 
  2. By removing the "damaged mech" parts you are opening up the loot pool for the mods and or scintillant. I understand that their are damaged weapon parts and keeping those in the pool would be a way to keep players engaged in running iso vaults after acquiring their mech.

Necramech fighting mechanics (as a warframe battling a mech)criticism:

1. DE has never been really good at telling the player where to hit a boss style enemy. The audio prompt for destroying the arms is great but DE's crit spots on enemies has always been pretty vague and or down right tiny. Please change the crit spot color to something other BLUE. The color blue is the same one used for the mech's shield and is a poor choice. I would suggest yellow or purple like you do on eidolons. This way the player is aware of what to shoot.
  2. Please consider adding a way for us to know when we can damage the arms and or the crit spot. An example of this is the eidolon red flash before the damage phase. It's a small change that would help players know what they are doing. I can think of so many games that give you a prompt for DPS/damage, WF isn't really good at doing that.

Necramech combat UI criticism:

1. I have only experienced the quest and mechs in the open world so my playtime is limited here. The UI is all a brownish color and blends in with the landscape of HoD. Please consider allowing us to use our purchased main UI colors or simply color the mech UI internally (at DE). Besides blending into the landscape it was so lackluster to look at. Iconography is fine but it does nothing when you have to strain to look at the UI to see what you have available to use.
  2. Icons and numbers are little small. Please allow us to scale those up or down depending on how we play the game. Some people wear corrective lenses, other play within feet of a screen and then their those that are on a TV and distanced from the screen. Straining to look at UI is not ideal.

Necramech crafting costs:

1.  Saved this for last as it could be contentious. Mining resources and crafting them takes a lot of time for some players. Personally, I didn't have an issue with acquiring resources. Were they fun to acquire, no. Did I do it anyway, yes. Have I done this withe 3 open worlds now, yes. My biggest issue is the time sink in mining. You ask players to acquire resources, that's all well and good because this time around we have options (mining, void towers, vaults). The problem for me is you make us wait 1 minute to craft one batch of resources and then ask the player to craft 5 batches. Thats 5 minutes of sitting in the orbiter doing nothing. Why do mining resources take a 1 minute to complete? This should be instantaneous as we have already invested the time to acquire them. For 3 open worlds now you have asked us to farm and then wait for these resources to bake on the foundry. Sure you can rush them for plat but why would you?
  2. Resources nodes are pretty hard to locate on HoD. I do appreciate the addition of the box around the node so you can spot them better however, they spawn in the most obscene locations. The world is already red and brown and then you have an reddish orange resource node? Why this color? It's harder to spot and basically washes the landscape in one color.

I hope I have provided some good feedback for you to review. I normally don't take to the forums with suggestions or criticism but this update really needs some love. 

After playing for several hours on Necramech, I had only one question. What is Necramech for?

1. As transport, it's very slow and not mobile at all.
  2. As combat unit is weak both in dealing damage (I am sure the bug with the ultimate ability will soon be fixed) and in survivability.
  3. It's useless to go through the vault in the fight against other Necramechs (maybe I'm doing something wrong with my party members), since it is impossible to break through the invulnerability of the enemy Necramechs with your own.
  4. There are no unique activities.

For example, when the Archwing update came out in 2014, we got:

• Archwing mission

Later:

• Used as transport underwater on Uranus
  • Used as transport in open worlds
  • Used in Railjack missions

When the Fortuna update came out in 2018, we get K-Drive.

• Alternative transport in open worlds
  • Syndicate fully dedicated K-Drive (customization, mods)
  • Racing as a kind of activity (forget about problems at the start)

But the Necramech have none of this at the moment.

PS. If there are mistakes, forgive me for my bad English.

Using the Necramech is fun, especially Guard Mode, but the grind for the mods is ridiculous.  It's a 10% chance to drop a mod, which is distributed over five or six mods per table if the one published table is anything to go by, which leaves the rare mods at a 0.201% chance to drop per kill.  For a normal enemy that we kill a hundred of without breaking a sweat, that's fine, but for these, it's pretty #*!%ing thin.

35 minutes ago, Lored said:

3. It's useless to go through the vault in the fight against other Necramechs (maybe I'm doing something wrong with my party members), since it is impossible to break through the invulnerability of the enemy Necramechs with your own.

It isn't too difficult if you have your 2 unlocked and time your shots. If you time your storm shroud as the enemy's goes up, you can give yourself a nice buff to the shroud because it absorbs the reflected damage instead. Also you can stun lock the mech with your own by repeatingly ramming into it. It keeps it on the ground long enough for you to get a few shots off and prevents it from using abilities in my experience.

On 2020-08-29 at 7:38 AM, master_of_destiny said:

There was a short period where DE was experimenting with the rewards for disruption on Lua, and they proposed just such a thing.  It was a two part drop, once combined it was installed into a single frame, it gave that frame basically the same function as Umbra, and it only lasted 24 hours.  The community as a whole rejected it as hot garbage, and not Lua is the primary source to get Axi relics with a secondary focus on the Lua lens

That's as a great idea as using platinum for extra revives each day.

33 minutes ago, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

That's as a great idea as using platinum for extra revives each day.

So, point of clarification.

Back in the day DE had no clue how they were going to monetize.  Most in-game content could be earned, the small slice of cosmetics were actually mostly dropped from alerts, and prime packs were literally years worth of platinum for the cosmetics which did not drop.

Under these conditions, DE launched warframe with a number of lives per day per frame (4).  This meant after 4 deaths you had to wait to reset, or any in-mission death required a token or was a failure.  You could still get revived by your team, but it functionally worked like an old-school arcade machine.  

That was old warframe.  Why isn't it acceptable now?  Well, now there's a litany of tennogen that costs direct money.  7 USD would have been more than a dozen revives.  The ability to be one shot is pretty high, given that DE has resorted to challenge by bulky enemies with the same suicidal AI.  Most importantly, the game has added layers and layers of grind which would make this system feel extortionate.  That is to say, the game has changed so much from the origins where this was acceptable as to not be now.

In short, lots of people saying that the pay to play model is bad seem to not have lived it.  Maybe instead of dunking on the old you should consider it as a relic of the past, and consider that the thing that they now do is have garbage drops that require trading for platinum, or even selling bundles of requiem relics and mods so that you don't have to grind for hours just so you can grind a Lich.  The progress in this game is both substantial and negligible.  

Currently the Necramechs are REALLY FUN to use, however it's very important to mention that they feel lacking at the moment.

1. Archwings get energy regen and much greater ammo regeneration. As Necramech, even if the Mausolon is good, the ammo is always spent so frequently you have to spend half the time waiting for it to recharge and your always desperate hunting for energy orbs trying to refill your energy. Getting healed between skirmishs also seem really hard.
  2. All the special movement (E.G. Dashing, Flying, Running) will consume a Stamina bar that only the Necramech does have. Limiting his movement greatly. This also greatly impacts the capacity of Necramech to collect content from the floor, considering they don't have any kinda of "Vacuum". This doesn't seem so bad in Deimos, but PoE and Orb Vallis are awful to play because of the extreme limited mobility. For a vehicle that has a mobility limited so greatly, i've expected it to be more powerful.
  3. Necramechs can only be used in 3 locations. Deimos, Orb Vallis and PoE currently.
  4. Their melee attacks feel extremely weak and slow. Taking Necramech enormous size this seems even worse.

My suggestions to fixing these are:

1. Add energy regen and also HP regen to the Necramechs when their HP is not taking damage. Also make the ammo regen from the Necramech match the Archwing.
  2. Remove the fuel/stamina cost from "Running" (Not "Charging"/"Dashing") with the Necramech and greatly reduce the cooldown to call a new Necramech. 30 Seconds seems a decent cooldown.
  3. Allow them to be used in more missions, maybe even traditional missions. They already have a "crounch" animation. Extending the crounch animation could make him possible in more missions.
  4. Make the melee attacks do much more damage.

I really hope to see more of them and more content for them in the future.

I'm in the process of farming Necramechs to build my own, and I'll reiterate my criticisms though I see many have beat me to it:

They constantly spam storm shield, which artificially drags out the fight because, as with all boss invulnerability phases, it's a bandaid on the damage and scaling issues.

If you're playing solo (which, let's face it, solid chance you're the only one active in your clan and good god have you ever seen pub randoms try at high level content) then hitting the thing in the back is nightmarish. The borderline-exploit with the Imperator Vandal and, unreliably, the splash damage on the Chakkhurr are the only ways to manage a kill (over the course of several cycles of wearing its shields down) all the while having to spam healing-consumables in your tankiest frame because of its ridiculous grenade spam.

Their sole location being the bottom of isolation vaults makes them very irritating to farm. Getting components like Ballistics and Animus matrices means first doing a worthless mission at no profit (aside from the utter non-chance that the first necramech drops a casing/pod/engine/slain battle-brother that you need to get) then do the entire mission again, with the classic Dark Souls 2 logic of more enemies = better and more fulfilling fight, and possibly a third time, all the while having to hear the same cycle of voice lines from Claptrap and the robot with Claptrap living where his "anything interesting about my personality" module used to be--and as a bonus, you don't even get to start the mission proper until you've listened to them. Over, and over, and over again

It's overall a frustrating, unfun grind with excessive, repetitive objectives (the mobile defense and survival phases exist for no purpose save "You will not spend less than 4 1/2 minutes dealing with this", and those times were recently increased for maximum frustration) and a centerpiece fight that just convinces me of the utter dearth of playtesting that went into this before release 

With the first implementation of mechs in Warframe, this could be a gateway to a whole bunch of cool stuff!

Although it can use some improvements:

- Sideboosts for dodging

- Heavy impact when landing, this thing is a 28 foot tall killing machine after all.

- Significantly Lower sprint + Charge costs so it can actually catch up to Warframes. Or even better: No sprint costs.

- More armor and health, within reason. Maybe 1/2 more armor and health for better survivability.

- Hitbox changes when crouching plus the ability to "crouch walk". Allowing the Necramech to be used indoors.

- Arch melee for Necramechs to use (as its unarmed melee is atrocious for damage and more for knock back). While the Necramechs lack the grace and technique of a Warframe, it makes up for it in sheer brute strength, and would be perfect for very high burst melee damage.

- Ways for Necramechs to self repair, perhaps the ability to use the items tab?

- A *minor* nerf to Turret mode. I love seeing those damage numbers, very much. But I have a feeling this wasn't intended. Please don't be killjoys as the turret mode is *very* fun but with a very high energy usage. Don't hurt our first corn boy.

- A mod that allows the Necramech to operate automatically, like a specter, when summoned. Can still be piloted if you walk up and transfer up close.

- Bug fixes for Necramechs going invisible, no ability usage when you return to a Necramech after its first death, Necramech spawning with only half health when brought back.

- Archgun ammo packs instantly reload the Necramech's guns...which are unfortunately very slow to recharge.

And now for the most important feedback: Cosmetic Options

- Alternate skins with possibly different animations ( like the Voidrig's spinning dome is attached on the back as some kind of halo for a mecha skin) , perhaps some skins inspired by (but not directly copying) Mobile Suit Gundam/Armored Core/Evangelion but with a Tenno twist and the sleekness of a Railjack. I'd love to see actual Tenno-like mecha on the field. The 40kish "Gold and skulls" is cool and all, as I'm also a 40k fan, but it just isn't for everyone. Ironically, the Japanese mecha style perfectly suits the tenno and their equipment, and is a goldmine of skins waiting to be exploited.

- Armor attachments. Everyone wants their own custom mech, why not give it even more personalization options? Attachments can work exactly like a Warframe's own: Shoulders, Legs, Chest, and backpack..

- Sigils on Necramechs, let them know what you represent.

- And for the goldmine we all love: Tennogen. Give the Tennogen artists the rigs/animations so that they can make Necramech skin models. Would love to see mechs that aren't just a massive corn cob with a skull.

You've got the attention of mecha enthusiasts with this addition, now let's take it up a notch and make it amazing.

I'd like to share feedback for both Necramech and Mausolon, which you get with it. I hope this is the correct thread for both.

Necramech feedback:

• No Enemy Detection features, even though my companion and my Warframe have them.
  • No Loot Detection features, even though my companion and my Warframe have them.
  • No Vacuum feature, even though my companion has it.
  • Unable to pick mods while in Necramech.
  • Companion HP is static once downed, HUD displays it alive while it's downed and waiting for a revive.
  • Unable to revive companion from Necramech.
  • Unable to heal Necramech with Warframe abilties (Garuda, Trinity, and Wisp tested [ignores Wisp Motes completely]), it also ignores Magus Repair, lastly, it cannot be healed with Health Orbs, both normal ones and the ones from Protea.
  • Unable to replenish Necramech Energy in any way. It ignores Energizing Dash, Energy Orbs and Energy Restore Items.
  • Unable to change aesthetics of the Necramech held weapon in Arsenal. The option is completely missing.
  • Necramech held weapon in Arsenal changes it's aesthetics to match the Necramech automatically, but doesn't save and has to be changed in Archwing to take effect.
  • Sprint meter does not replenish until I disengage Sprint, even though I'm standing. It should replenish automatically whenever we're not sprinting or dashing, regardless whether the Sprint toggle is on or off.
  • Excalibur Umbra sentience is turned off when using Necramech, it just stands there and does nothing.
  • On the other hand, if you switch between Umbra and Necramech, your Operator can get stuck in AI controlled Umbra and can't jump out, forcing you to leave mission.
  • Hoping from Necramech with the Operator can result in the Transference being blocked for both Necramech and Warframe and Operator being immortal.
  • When Necramech gets destroyed after using it's First Ability but before tossing the canister, the onscreen prompt gets stuck on the screen for the rest of the mission.
  • Kubrow AI is also turned off while in Necramech, it follows the Necramech but doesn't attack nor use it's abilities.
  • Using the Fourth Ability does nothing. It takes away Energy and consumes it further, but all Necramech does is stand still. Once disengaged, it will perform the correct animation and resumes normal functions.
  • Unlike enemy Necramechs, the Second Ability is extremely shortlived and doesn't work like Iron Skin, by accumulating received damage to increase it's own health.
  • If the Necramech gets destroyed and Operator jumps out, it can get killed immediately, which results in teleporting back to the Warframe, which can be kilometres away from the Necramech location.
  • Necramech doesn't receive EXP for some reason.

Mausolon feedback:

• Extreme recoil in all modes. One would expect no recoil in Archwing and especially in Necramech. Please add recoil reducing mods.
  • Fast, 2 second reload when used by a Warframe, but extremely slow (around 5 second delay) reload in Archwing and even slower reload in Necramech, which, unlike Archwing, doesn't have a viable melee option to use while waiting for the reload to finish. This makes no sense...
  • Unable to colour Mausolon unless equipped on Archwing, which then applies the colours on it, however one has to leave Arsenal first.
  • The handle is outside of the Warframes hand when used in Archwing.

9 hours ago, KillerXDIZ said:

Currently the Necramechs are REALLY FUN to use, however it's very important to mention that they feel lacking at the moment.

1. Archwings get energy regen and much greater ammo regeneration. As Necramech, even if the Mausolon is good, the ammo is always spent so frequently you have to spend half the time waiting for it to recharge and your always desperate hunting for energy orbs trying to refill your energy. Getting healed between skirmishs also seem really hard.
  2. All the special movement (E.G. Dashing, Flying, Running) will consume a Stamina bar that only the Necramech does have. Limiting his movement greatly. This also greatly impacts the capacity of Necramech to collect content from the floor, considering they don't have any kinda of "Vacuum". This doesn't seem so bad in Deimos, but PoE and Orb Vallis are awful to play because of the extreme limited mobility. For a vehicle that has a mobility limited so greatly, i've expected it to be more powerful.
  3. Necramechs can only be used in 3 locations. Deimos, Orb Vallis and PoE currently.

My suggestions to fixing these are:

1. Add energy regen and also HP regen to the Necramechs when their HP is not taking damage.
  2. Remove the fuel/stamina cost from "Running" (Not "Charging"/"Dashing") with the Necramech and greatly reduce the cooldown to call a new Necramech. 30 Seconds seems a decent cooldown.
  3. Allow them to be used in more missions, maybe even traditional missions. They already have a "crounch" animation. Extending the crounch animation could make him possible in more missions.

(PS4 experience, not sure if we all have the same bugs but here is my experience so far)

I don't think they should add in innate Energy and HP regen to the mechs.  It takes away the fun/difficulty if that were a thing when you get it all maxed out.  Seems like the whole point of of making the Necramechs is to make the game more difficult for older players.  I do think health and energy orbs/pads should work on mechs though .. I see orbs everywhere and my mech doesn't pick up ANY of them when I run right over them.. not even with Protea Dispensery health/energy which some guy in a video said worked.. nope.  Not even Energy Vampire works as far as my testing.

I do wish that Zenurik Void Dash worked to an extent even if it was halfed in the efficiency of energy given or regened back considering the abilities of the Necramech are pretty powerful.  Or maybe they will add mods later that help even further regen energy because it seems once you are out then the ONLY way I have found to fill it back up is to level your mech and it gets back to full energy.. so I think this is a bug.

If you have Health Problems, these are the only things that I have really found to work:

• Activate requiem pillars around the Drift map with Operator amp, the pillar attach and will heal mech.
  • Stand in Vome residue zones during Fass to get Health to regenerate.
  • Vazarin heals mech
  • Trinities Blessing because like I said health orbs you can't pick up and it's not because mech has no vacuum.

If the orange/red FASS residue zones during Vome period did something rather than degrade your armor (I think) in the area and regen shields for mech that would be cool like regen energy?  Because that's all it seemed like it was doing was regening mech shields, slightly slowing mech and stripping armor.

Consumption of dash energy goes up too slow, agreed but my mech is like lvl 12 (super hard to level considering it resets, sure they know this) so I don't know if it increases yet.  As well as the recharge on the ammo, it is WAY to slow for high magazine archwing guns.

I really just hope DE fixes the fact that if you fight another Necramech with a Necramech you get nullifier zapped out of your mech and then you can't use abilities to even teleport into your WF (or Mech) unless you die with your operator, and when you get back into your WF your abilities are still glitched and you can't use transference either unless you die completely and resurrect yourself (current PS4 glitch btw I don't know if this happens on PC).

5 hours ago, (PS4)Sentiel said:

• Unable to change aesthetics of the Necramech held weapon in Arsenal. The option is completely missing.

Work around for now = you can put the new Necramech Archguns on your "TENNO LOADOUT" Archwing gun on the top and change the colors way.

If you are talking about the melee exalted weapon that was supposed to come with mech, I can't see it either on the PS4 Arsenal HUD.  Probably a current bug only on PS4, I would love to throw some mods on that thing though.

31 minutes ago, (PS4)Poestis said:

(PS4 experience, not sure if we all have the same bugs but here is my experience so far)

I don't think they should add in innate Energy and HP regen to the mechs.  It takes away the fun/difficulty if that were a thing when you get it all maxed out.  Seems like the whole point of of making the Necramechs is to make the game more difficult for older players.  I do think health and energy orbs/pads should work on mechs though .. I see orbs everywhere and my mech doesn't pick up ANY of them when I run right over them.. not even with Protea Dispensery health/energy which some guy in a video said worked.. nope.  Not even Energy Vampire works as far as my testing.

I do wish that Zenurik Void Dash worked to an extent even if it was halfed in the efficiency of energy given or regened back considering the abilities of the Necramech are pretty powerful.  Or maybe they will add mods later that help even further regen energy because it seems once you are out then the ONLY way I have found to fill it back up is to level your mech and it gets back to full energy.. so I think this is a bug.

If you have Health Problems, these are the only things that I have really found to work:

• Activate requiem pillars around the Drift map with Operator amp, the pillar attach and will heal mech.
  • Stand in Vome residue zones during Fass to get Health to regenerate.
  • Vazarin heals mech
  • Trinities Blessing because like I said health orbs you can't pick up and it's not because mech has no vacuum.

If the orange/red FASS residue zones during Vome period did something rather than degrade your armor (I think) in the area and regen shields for mech that would be cool like regen energy?  Because that's all it seemed like it was doing was regening mech shields, slightly slowing mech and stripping armor.

Consumption of dash energy goes up too slow, agreed but my mech is like lvl 12 (super hard to level considering it resets, sure they know this) so I don't know if it increases yet.  As well as the recharge on the ammo, it is WAY to slow for high magazine archwing guns.

I really just hope DE fixes the fact that if you fight another Necramech with a Necramech you get nullifier zapped out of your mech and then you can't use abilities to even teleport into your WF (or Mech) unless you die with your operator, and when you get back into your WF your abilities are still glitched and you can't use transference either unless you die completely and resurrect yourself (current PS4 glitch btw I don't know if this happens on PC).

It seems that not being able to pick energy orbs/health orbs is a bug related to PS4. Almost all posts made by PS4 users mentioned not being able to pick Energy Orbs/Health Orbs. I've been able to pick health orbs sometimes and i'm always able to pick energy orbs.

I must disagree that making something harder will make it more fun and considering how much less you're getting compared to Archwings/Warframes (With companions) it'll make Necramechs obsolete to most players just because they take away the main QoL brought by companions "Vacuum" and Archwings being faster. If they don't have "Vacuum" they really need something else to compensate for that.

The other points you stated are correct but may change later on, simply because there's a lot of bugs in the Necramech currently and we can't be sure lots of these are intentional or bugs considering the inconsistency of abilities, auras and buffs that work on the Necramech.

I do hope DE is planning, or at least considering, making faction-themed Necramechs. Right now, we have Orokin-based mechs, but what of the Grineer, the Corpus, the Infested and the Tenno? Each mech with its own set of abilities, strengths and weakenesses, just like Warframes.

And Archmelee too. I wanna feel like I'm piloting a Gundam, or at least a 40k Dreadnought.

13 hours ago, Frosty-the-snowden said:

If you're playing solo (which, let's face it, solid chance you're the only one active in your clan and good god have you ever seen pub randoms try at high level content) then hitting the thing in the back is nightmarish. The borderline-exploit with the Imperator Vandal and, unreliably, the splash damage on the Chakkhurr are the only ways to manage a kill (over the course of several cycles of wearing its shields down) all the while having to spam healing-consumables in your tankiest frame because of its ridiculous grenade spam.

While I agree fully that necramechs are a pain to fight solo unless you use certain loadouts, I have to point out that Octavia is absolutely amazing for killing mechs. So much so that now when I do vault runs solo, Octavia is my go to.

13 hours ago, Frosty-the-snowden said:

and as a bonus, you don't even get to start the mission proper until you've listened to them. Over, and over, and over again

It's kind of a game logic bug, but it's possible to skip the minute of beginning mission dialog. Bring up your menu and tap the nightwave button, then immediately back out. Nora's VO will override the mission dialog, causing the objective to spawn effectively immediately.

Doesn't detract from your point any, but there is a workaround for players while we wait for DE to consider making objectives spawn *before* the dialog like they should.

• Slow, clunky, trips on every debris, can't pass some obstacles which are trivial for a frame. It's designed for open world but does not have mobility for open world.
  • No energy regen (critical)
  • No loot vacuum (critical)
  • Chokes on ammo economy, archguns are nerfed in usability, e.g. obscene shooting arc of Ayanga.
  • Terrible melee range (animation?)
  • Terrible overdesigned reticle blocking the view and yet barely visible due to bad color. Abilities section of UI is Ok I guess, but I would prefer a different color very much.
  • Absolutely terrible to level due to XP retention problems - you lose all XP unless you kill it which not always possible even.
  • Require a separate set of mods which are terrible to farm right now, at least rare mods are absolutely non existent.
  • Require enormous amount of forma.

So, it's a bonus pocket frame on cooldown with all the above problems which the regular frame does not have, and it needs enormous grind. Why would I use it even, let alone invest time and resources?

Haven't built a Necramech yet, but fighting them is a lot of fun. I feel like I am fighting the Black Knight from Monty Python. 

It would be cool at least during a special event to have one that you have to blow it's legs off too, but it keeps hopping after you on its torso trying to headbutt you lol. It could yell "Have at you Tenno!" and "It's just a scratch, my combat capabilities are very much functional!", and such like. 

Archived