Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Necramech Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

Having spent a decent amount of time using my Necramech, I've definitely got some things to say about them things related to them.

On the positive side, they are fun and I want more.

But there are problems with them that really need to be addressed beyond the bugs.

1. Ammo (In)Efficiency

The Ammo Efficiency is BAD. Having them use the an ammo regen mechanic certainly makes some sense, but the regen rate we have  is clearly designed for the lower enemy density and engagement rate of Space missions. It's not translating well to ground enemy density and stats at all, especially at higher levels. Most Arch-guns simply don't do enough damage to justify such a slow reload speed. Even if we could fall back on melee as a backup to wait for the recharge, I still don't see the regen rate being adequate enough for higher level content. It really needs to be boosted for Necramech use or move to it being the Atmoshperic Archgun system that has Necramechs gaining innate ammo mutation or boosted reserve ammo pickups. Having space engagement regen for ground engagement regen just isn't working.

2. Useless Melee

Melee is completely useless. It does so little damage that it's not worth even bothering with. Even if you had the 60% melee damage mod, +60% Damage of No Damage still = No Damage.  We either need to be able to use Archwing melee weapons or have the Necramechs have an innate melee weapon like Garuda that can be modded. Personally would prefer the weapons. Now I'm not looking to run around as a melee Necramech, it would just be nice to be able to kill things while being swarmed by melee enemies instead of whacking them across the room with a very heavily padded nerf bat. At most you can use it to get small sized melee enemies to stop beating on you... but that's literally all that it's good for.

3. The Mod Drop Rate

Even ignoring the fact that like 3/4th of the mods don't seem to actually drop from anywhere in the game, the drop rate of mods is pretty abysmal. If you are lucky you can maybe kill 6 Necramechs an hour, the chances of actually getting a mod are so low you aren't even guaranteed to get 1 mod drop per cycle. We either need boosted drop rates or additional ways of gaining Necramech Mods.

4. Ability Strength/Desirability of some abilities

The Necraweb alt use and Mines abilities aren't particularly impactful and don't feel like they scale beyond T1 and T2 enemies, especially in the face of Guard Mode. Why would you even want to use the Mines when you can obliterate everything in the room from a safer distance? At least Necraweb is first and foremost a utility power and the movement speed reduction could still be useful at higher levels, but I find myself never even considering using it's alternate use or the mines when I'd rather use that power to maintain my shields or mortar the room.

5. Jumping

Full strength only jumping becomes somewhat problematic with the jump height on the Necramechs. If you just want to clear an obstacle or jump up something that's only half the height of the full jump, the full strength jump really eats up a lot of time. It would be really helpful to have a variable jump strength. Either something like tap for smaller jump and long press for full power jump. Or even adapt the bullet jump system for it where the space bar gives a shorter jump and ctrl spacebar gives the big, full power jump.

[Suggestion] 

We need a way change or set Necramech HUD color. Under certain lighting condition or environment, the default "light beige" HUD color is very very hard to see/read.

This is exactly why fighter jet HUD's are Green, not beige. Thanks for consideration.

h5paW9a.jpg

91Ia2wW.jpg

One bit of feedback, one request, one that's a bit of both.

First: Please make the mods a bit more easy to obtain. Either buff the drop chances, or let us buy them from Loid. I really don't want to spend hundreds of Platinum nor hundreds of hours farming Isolation Vaults to make these things good.

Second: Please let us use them in the Simulacrum. I know it's probably a weird request, but I wanna see how things perform lol.

Third: The melee feels... Not great. Would honestly be really nice if they could wield Archmelees instead of slapping things with their tiny little arms.

Necramech is awful to use with the Cyngas.

It takes around 6 times as long to recover 3 shots as it does to fire them, leading to only being able to fire on and engage a few enemies at once back to back before you start running up against the clip limit. The Velocitus recharges much faster in any practical sense of the term.

Not having to come to a complete stop b4 recharge would be nice

A mech customization blow out would be nice

A more nuanced color scheme added to HUD, its too samey color wise. 

More hover time and mobilty 

I like the mechs body language, needs a little more though.

Crouching with added movement

Ability to put hands on Enemies and wrestle a little, kind of like Ripley in aliens

Double the mechs size?

Something I forgot to add earlier: We need variable jump strength. Tap for a shorter jump and hold for a higher jump. The high jump is great when you need it, but if you are just trying to clear an obstacle you can't walk over the full strength jump becomes problematic.

Built and tested my own mech finally. Yep, it definitely needs some refinement, it's too sluggish but not in a cool stompy mech way.

1. Recovery from charge is the worst part. Remove it. Often it completely negates any speed benefits from charging. Seconds saved boosting are immediately wasted recovering.
2. Stamina is annoying. Regular sprint definitely should not consume it. For other moves stamina would be understandable it they granted you more mobility than just a sprinting warframe that isn't parkouring around with movement abilities and buffs. More on that further.
3. Getting from one objective to another takes too long even on tiny Deimos. Here's a suggestion how to make mech fast but still keep mobility in check: make charge/clide gradually build up speed. Lots of speed preferrably. If it consumes stamina then make it worth it.
4. Slam attacks is broken now. It sends you down a fixed distance instead of all the way to the ground. On warframes it's a good mobility tool to speed up landing after jump, should be the same way on mechs.
5. COMPANION'S DON'T WORK. No vacuum, no animal instinct. Same for K-drives btw. Please DO NOT "fix" this by making vehicle version of these mods like you usually do, just make companions work.
6. Mech is begging for double jump or other kind of extra vertical mobility. Since it has much less movement "combos" than frames or K-drives, there are lots of possibilities for different moves. For example hold jump to hover or tap to boost up mid-air again (double/triple/etc-jump) for extra stamina. Or hold jump to boost up as much as you want and hold shift to hover. Also crouch button isn't used for anything except teabagging. You can go lots of crazy ways to make mech ultra-fast in short bursts because it has stamina to keep things in balance.
7. Ammo recharge is so slow that it feels like regular reload would be faster.
8. Also, fashion nitpick. One of color channels is under the coins on the capsule. If it's lighter than the coins, the capsule looks pretty bad. Would be much better if capsule base layer was fixed dark colors.

Please do not abandon mechs like you abandoned every other vehicle. K-Drive shooting needs more refinement, Mechs need more refinement, Railjack needs more content. I can accept archwing as it is because it found its niche as means of fast-travel in open-worlds, but the rest of vehicles have a lot more potential.

1. Running stamina.
  2. Slow.
  3. No fast flying.
  4. No vacuum.
  5. Low damage.
  6. Low ammo regen rate.
  7. Melee is very slow & low damage.
  8. Can't dodge enemy attacks.
  9. Not very durable.
  10. Archwing is often disabled after using a mech.

The mechs are like weaker, slower versions of warframes. Often the rest of the group has done entire mission phases before I even get to them. I can empty an entire modded mausolon clip on T5 bounty jugulus worms without them dying. 1-3 digit damage vs. 4-5 with warframes. Plenty of time is spent waiting for ammo to regenerate. Melee is weak to the extent of being useless.

There is no point except curiousity and mastery to use these. They need both buffs and a bigger rework.

Leveling up a mech is a hassle... not really worth it. Once you leave your mech out of sight to continue your mission, the progression with the mech is wiped...

If your mech dies your progression is wiped.

If you dare go up against a vault Nercomech... how dare you... you are dead in seconds despite prtective ability and maxed armor and vitality mods.

If you play witha friend only the host will gain Mech xp... all others xp is wiped.

So you need to babysit in that tin can...allone. Thats bs!

No way to replenish energy, never enough ammo, ammo replenishing is a joke compared to Archgun.

I literally run out of ammo surrounded by archgun ammo pellets on the ground. 
No ammo pickup.

Further mods and credits are not picked up at all. 
Vacuum is not existant. Your pet is disfunctional once in Mech. 

Clunky, slow, unsuitable for the elevations in deimos. Not worth the grind.

Needs rework! 
Only good thing is the Mausolon. That gun is fuuuun! Mech? Meh!

Mod drops please.

I have enough parts to equip an army of tenno with voidrigs but still no signs of any rare mods for my mech.

The matrices are also piling up like candy yet Loid only has limited stuff for us to buy.

Why not have Loid sell the mods?

Even if it costs 150K standing each at least its a sure way to get one. 

Still grindy but now the carrot at the end of the stick isn't RNG

Fighting the Necramechs solo is very frustrating. I don't know if the way the electric shield currently works is intentional, but I am not a fan. Also the way the mech randomly cancels my warding halo and then instakills me with no visual indicator as to why it's happening is driving me off the wall crazy.

Can it be considered in increasing the options of acquisition of necramech mods beyond necramech's themselves? The drop rate (from what im going off of via the warframe drop rates data page provided by DE_Rebecca) says it's a 10% chance to drop a mod, and collectively there 16 at the moment. some of the rare ones have a very low chance to drop requiring an extraordinary high amount of time investment to try and get just 1 let alone all of them.

As a possible solution, can it be considered to have necramech mods drop from Entrati Casket's inside the isolation vaults [behind the combination lock door]. Though mods not being absolutely guaranteed, it would be another option to acquire necramech mods. The system would relatively similar to the special Orokin storage containers on the void tile set where they have far higher than average drop rate for gold mods such as streamline, intensify, or split chamber; these being located in specific places like parkour rooms. The benefit to this is that it would still keep necramech related content relegated to the specific bounty [if that is what the DE dev team wants to keep it as]

And on a side note; can the codex and Drop rates data for all necramech mods be updated? Seems as though necramech streamline is not present in the codex and other mods are missing from the drop rates data page under the necramech section.

When I think of "mech" I think of interchangeable parts so here's to hoping we don't end up with different mechs for different scenarios, which now it kinda sounds like off warframes. 

Like swapping arms for melee focus or defense focus, head parts for abilities, and legs for aerial or siege mode.

Its not that I don't want to farm 5 or 6 different mechs, its just that its so over done, we don't need another sink hole for this kinda stuff.

I can't say much more than everyone else has said. Necramechs are dysfunctional, inferior, and clunky warframes that only appeal to the fact that they are mechs.

The arch gun is the only saving grace here, and it's better left in a warframe's hand. They need better functionality and be able to work properly with companions and vacuum.

You have to abandon it to catch up to your team in bounties, and you have to abandon your warframe and sentinels whenever you use it. Let warframes hold onto it's back so we can keep them safe. Add companion functionality, and improve mobility or these things will be as dead as our hoverboards before long.

okay. that mech thing is GREAT. BUT.

we need a few things.

First : this is a small nitpick i guess, but it could always be nice. innate vacuum for mechs please. OR. since our pets are still out when we're in mech, make it so that the vacuum effect is transferred to the mech.

two : crouch walk. if we're to get these into normal tile mission, crouch walking would help GREATLY. not everywhere, but it would seriously help.

three : i want. on my mech. ARCHWING MELEE. i just need to be able to use my prisma veritux to feel like i'm in warhammer purging some xenos. it would feel purely amazing

four : being able te rez people would be kinda neat. not a BIG thing, but heh, it would be nice. our warframe can do, we can do it in operator mode, in archwing mode...

five : pvp? when? warframes are a pvp nightmare to balance. too many different warframes and too many combination. this? the mech PVP CAN be a thing, because it's all the same base. you got something there, DE

I just want to add in that using the "toggle sprint" option with nechramechs doesn't work well. If you are sprinting and your stamina runs out, it will not regenerate at all until you either hold completely still or tap your sprint key again to disable it.  It is easy to forget you have sprint enabled if you aren't paying enough attention to your stamina bar.

Can you please make toggle sprint auto disable when your stamina hits empty while in your nechramech so stamina regenerates again?  (This is also an issue in railjacks.)

My only complain right now is the mod capacity. I mean what's the point of having 12 mod slots if you cant use it all even with all slots forma'd? So either increase the mod capacity (I mean it makes sense that a hulking battle suit would have more capacity than a regular warframe, hence why it even has 12 mod slots) or reduce the drain on the mods. 

OH! Almost forgot! It's reload is slow as hell.

So some more Feedback

Nercmech Weapons: Remove the god-awful recharge rate for the Arcwing (Or buff it 100%) it is far too slow and having Ammo is alot faster. Remove this and grant it to be Ammo and all Ammo dropped by anything is converted into the Gun.

HP/Shields: This needs to be buffed by a good solid 50% (Unmodded vaule), they die too quickly and need that support. Gift them the Shield Gating as well, Allow them to pick up all forms of Healing (Orbs/Frames) Give them a self-heal over time (Its a robot, it should self-repair)

Power Cost & Energy: This needs to be buffed as well, reduce the cost for ALL powers and allow our Operators (and frames) to grant it energy. Give an  40% boost in energy overall.

Remove Stamina Bar: Just, remove it.

Jump/Running/Slideing: All needs to be buffed.

Remove the Cool down of the Mech as well.

As It Stands

Damage: Moderate. Archgun reloads dreadfully slow for the number of enemies that spawn and I'm not sure why. Constantly running out of ammo. With Guard Mode fixed it still does good damage but is on such a short timer. Melee is a joke... 50-150 unmodded damage? Really? I can kill a LV1 Maggot with it. The immediate ragdoll and yeet of enemies is funny, though.

Survivability: Limited. Shield gating doesn't seem to work (this may be a bug or intended, can't tell) as enemy necramechs can somehow one-shot you either through direct damage or damage reflection. Sometimes I'll be piloting along at full health and shields, fighting Infested, and BAM! It dies right from under me. 

Health, shields, and armor are all low for what's supposed to be a walking tank. 400 armor? Atlas has 450. Valkyr has even more at base 600. Considering it has no heal capacity outside of Naramon's healing wave and we have only three total survivability mods, bump that up to at least 600 so it's as tanky as Valkyr. No health regen literally kills it.

Abilities: #1 appears to have no effect, #3 once again does not scale with enemy level and is otherwise useless. #2 must be kept up at all times for survivability, #4 actually does good damage since it's an exalted weapon and can be modded. Half the abilities are dead on arrival (much like the mech's core, joke intended).

No energy regen means abilities constantly run out of steam. 

Mods: There isn't even enough capacity at rank 30 with all slots forma'd to make use of what mods are available at max rank (example hastily thrown together to test: https://overframe.gg/build/75825/voidrig-necramech/voidrig/). The split between existing and "new" mods is annoying and means we have no real customizability. We have a plethora, a veritable cornucopia of mods already that work better and can provide trade-offs (e.g. the Orokin Vault mods). As it stands you install survivability mods, Intensify, Continuity, and choose how much you can sprint. That's about it - there is next to zero build diversity. It's Archwing all over again.

Utility: Next to none. The one upside I can see to using a mech is you don't stagger from fully-charged shots of Velocitus/Corvas/etc. The engine reserve mechanic should be left only to the "hover" mode... sprinting/charging is slow enough as it is without having to stop for a breather and a necra-sausage every hundred meters while your mech gets its non-existent breath back. Low mobility, very limited jump, anemic sprint. It's even worse on Deimos due to the verticality of the map.

Why no vacuum? Baffling. It's hard enough to grab energy that gets stuck in some divot or crevice the first time around. Pets also don't affect the mech for unknown reasons. Even Archwing is affected by pet mods.

Conclusion: Yikes, I spent how much time for this? I knew it was dead but I didn't think it was already rusting.

Suggestions

Damage: Bring Archgun reload up to Archwing's rate. It should only take a couple seconds for full reload. If you're going to be punched by a tank, at least make it feel like it. Add an exalted melee or something like it so you can mod for different damage types and BUFF IT.

Survivability: Fix shield gating so it properly works. If you're not going to add a base health regen, add some kind of emergency repair ability. Bump base armor to at least 600 so it's as tanky as Valkyr. 

Abilities: Replace #3 with some kind of emergency repair ability since damage scaling seems to be taboo and provide #1 either with an effect boost or some visual effect indicating which enemies are affected. The problems with needing #2 up all the time can be partially resolved by increasing base survivability. Add some kind of base energy regen or allow warframe arcanes to affect the mech as well.

Mods: Don't be Archwing all over again. You have a mod database - make use of it. How many years later and we still have the same Archwing mods? If you're concerned about build diversity, don't kneecap yourselves out of the gate like this. If you're adding four extra slots, add some more bloody base capacity so they can actually be used. Give it 30 base capacity and then make reactor and level matter (you're adding 1/3 additional slots, so give max capacity 90 so you can make use of them all).

Utility: Make sprinting and charging not use use engine reserve mechanic - leave it to the "hover" mode. Add vacuum so you're not circling over the same tiny energy pickup constantly... or make pets affect the mech. Heck, because it's already vertically challenged why not just change the hover to a jetpack mode so it can actually scale some terrain? That would be fun and mean it can't fall into a ditch and get stuck like a geriatric from some Space Life-Alert commercial.

Archived