Heart of Deimos: Necramech Feedback Megathread

IF Flying by boxes in arch causes them to bust open, stomping on them with the mech should also open then, this is all boxes, IE razor puss, vome, Fass, etc.  All oF them should open with mech stomping near/on them.

Please Fix.

You want these things to Feel heavy, they should be at least as heavy duty as an archwing yeah?

Thinking walking in mech should also auto kill maggots as a passive.

Trying to hit them with the melee is near impossible because it sucks and doesn't aim well, it's really only good For ragdolling enemies, meaning the only realy way to kill them is either to waste very precious ammo because you guys intentionally tuned the guns on these to be super ammo hungry, or slam attack (which is bugged at present to only do damage iF you land on the ground, not an enemy).  Being that they are planned to be brought into smaller missions where slams won't be able to be used, there will be practically no way to deal with maggots, and that means your mech will die to three tiny maggots and that is a FEEL BAD moment, when your super heavy mech gets brought down by maggots at level 30 enemies...

Edited by Klokwerkaos
  • Like 4

Would it be possible when in Operator form to have a Tap 5 to have the Warframe come to the Operator, and Hold 5 for the Operator to return to the Warframe, same feature for a Mech, but perhaps a separate button like 6? It would make some of the Shenanigans dealing with the vaults more bearable, whilst giving us more Operator utility. We have the technology after all. 

• Like 1

Following the latest patch, Necramechs still can't be healed, however, they now also don't restore their HP after being re-summoned, even after being destroyed. Otherwise, it seems to me everything else was patched well.

• Like 2

LOVE  the mechs, definitely need to increase the mod drop chance, ive got enough matrixes for 1 mil rep and still dont have intensify or streamline, whose drops arent even mentioned on the official drop table. please increase this, its way too rare for how many you can fight in an hour

• Like 2

I know you must have had conversations about vacuum before you launched and for some reason decided to go no-vac. Maybe it was just a bug and not ready. Maybe your anti-vac devs were given too much influence. Whatever the reason, the mechs need to have baseline vacuum. Running over drops will never ever be fun to 90% of your playerbase and you should just stop trying to get people to do it. 

I don't have most of the mods yet but I feel like even with them the energy economy is going to feel kind of weak. The 2 and 4 are strong but the 1 and 3 are not worth wasting energy on currently. 

I'm guessing mines doesn't even work correctly currently because they just instantly blow up for no reason which is not how a mine is supposed to work. Shouldn't they just be sitting on the ground waiting for an enemy to trigger them the way the enemy mech mines work? 

When sprint/stamina runs out, they need to start regenerating automatically instead of requiring you manually turn them off before they regen. This is a problem with railjack as well so I'm not sure if you want them to work that way or just are having an issue getting them to work in the way you'd expect. 

I think it'd be nice to have some kind of super jump or something to deal with a lot of areas where not having that vertical movement option is really annoying. 

I'm not sure what healing methods they're intended to have if any. A few work but most do not. I think they should have some kind of health regen option or something at the very least outside of vazarin or things that I'm not sure are even supposed to work. 

Maybe we could get a set of energy mechanic mods that are exclusive with each other so you can pick different options IE: passive energy regen, energy on kill and energy on damage taken (could include absorbed damage by its 2). 

• Like 1

1. Need some form of radar(enemy/loot) very frustrating to not know whats around me. Now whether thats shared radar with my frame or a radar mod for the mech one or the other

2. Gravemines and necraweb feel pointless once you unlock your 4. (2a.)I think the gravemines should be able to at least kill trash mobs(chargers leapers etc) and the heat proc should help clean up with your weapon. But as of right now Im not even seeing that happen. I mean when the enemy mech can cast it and wipe a whole team while you cast it and it feels like shooting nerf darts somethings wrong with the damage.(2b.) Necrawebs slow would be good if it didnt disapprear when someone shoots the patch. If the canister hits the ground it should become non combustible. And the "fiery explosion" makes no sense if it only deals blast damage. This could/should instead "douse enemies in the web" for gravemines to deal extra damage to those hit by it.

3. Are melee weapons for the mech going to be coming or is the current state of their "melee" going to be it? Cause it feels like Im just flailing my arms with no real results.

4. Some form of vacuum would also be nice maybe just resources and not orbs for balance

5. Being able to heal with health orbs at least would be appreciated or the same kind of heal loid has with my operator

6. When your mech dies it comes back with I think the default health. I dont know if thats a bug or not but should be fully healed instead.

Edited by rawr1254
13 hours ago, (PS4)Sentiel said:

Following the latest patch, Necramechs still can't be healed, however, they now also don't restore their HP after being re-summoned, even after being destroyed. Otherwise, it seems to me everything else was patched well.

How are you trying to heal them? I haven been Vazarin's Protective Dash and Trinity's Blessing on various occasions and they always worked fine.

• Like 1

Dear DE please understand that if something has more than 8 mod slots it should have more than 60 mod capacity on max, including necramech and companions, either that or it's mods should considerably cost less

• Like 2

Just unlocked and started using my mech today....

Necromechs are suppose to be 1st line unit versus infested but they feel 10x crappier than a warframe.

-1st they need to have like 90% DR by default.   Why does the mech melt under attacks when my Warframe can go forever???  Their survivability feels horrible.

-2nd no vacuum, no radar, and your pet stays while your in mech.  Vehicles should have innate vacuum and radar.   Your pet staying out is a death sentence though.   For beasts the only way to keep them alive is to do melee attacks which suck on the mech. 

-Ammo reload speed I have already seen people complain about but I will join with their voices.   Its not even Archwing regen speed.

-When your fragile paper thin mech blows up you just appear as your operator.  It feels like there 1-2 seconds where you cant do anything which is usually long enough for whatever killed your mech to also nuke your operator.   If  both your mech and operator die you go back to warframe...  specifically to wherever you jumped out of your warframe to enter your mech.... So if you travel very far as your mech you can get screwed hard by a death by being warped far away from the fight.  

-Void Energy is suppose to be the only counter to infested.   Any weapon you equip to your mech should get like +50% void damage tacked on.   Your telling me mechs didnt use void energy in their weapons?? 

-Mechs should auto-regen energy slowly.  I dont have very many mods.  But spamming shroud to stay alive gives me no energy to activate the 4 and lay down some serious damage.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Mephane said:

How are you trying to heal them? I haven been Vazarin's Protective Dash and Trinity's Blessing on various occasions and they always worked fine.

I've tried Health Orbs for the most part, either normal ones or the ones Protea makes. The Necramech doesn't pick them up. Magus Repair and Sancti Magistar also doesn't work.

I don't want to be limited in my frame and focus choice to be able to heal them. The above mentioned things already work on many things but Necramechs, with the Health Orbs being the worst contender.

• Like 3

So, time for some more complete feedback after a forma....and deep into leveling this things again.

1) Survivability is far too low on these things.

I'm running all three survival mods (deflection, steel mesh, and vitality), but despite that any enemy above level 45 is basically capable of eating me up and spitting me out.  This largely is a function of being so large that any enemy can do damage and I literally cannot see them, the shields seeming to function as slowly as the ammo recharge, and having no consistent means to heal the mech in the field.

2) Did you die; then you might as well restart.  

So, you're going along and the enemies trash your mech.  That's alright, just let me chill for a few minutes and it'll work like an archwing, right?  You know, automatic repair or the ability to process health orbs.  Wait, it doesn't do either.  If you resummon after it's destruction is only has base health.  Yeah, I might as well leave the open world and restart.  It's just a mess.

3) I'm walking around in a tank, experience the long fall animation, but don't create a shockwave....you're telling me Rhino is beefier than a Necramech?

Let's talk realistically here.  The mech is a bigger skeleton, but it's basically a Rhino, Zephyr, and Hildryn had a baby.  The thing is, the down sides are so numerous that literally any of those frames is better.  Why even have a mech then....?  I cannot fill that blank.

4) Bugs....so many bugs.

Let's go over the short list.  Go into the mod menu, and apparently the third row is all categorized as aura mods.  Yep, trying to reorganize polarities for two of the defaults cannot be done.  Fashion frame might be endgame, but coloring your mech is largely a crap shoot because it acts between the equipped gun and the mech itself.  Oh goody, a bigger skeleton can get stuck in all new terrain.  I could continue, but let's just say this is definitely archwing grade bugs.  I'm talking back at introduction, where you could get to the en of the mission and literally be without the thing spawned.  Yeah, running in space was a metaphor for the quality controls void.

5) So. Much. RNG. Dependency.

This one baffles me.  I have to get the mods before the mech is even passable.  I have no control over that, so after enough runs to get the stuff I still might not even have the basics.  This means my first experience is going to suck.  It means leveling this up is going to be 100% dependent on constant grind.  That'd be great if the mech could go stomping anywhere else....but it cannot.  If you wanted this to matter, you could have had Loid sell the mods like the Vent Kids.  If you really wanted people to participate in Railjack you could have Loid sell mods for dirac costing.  If you wanted Dirac to be something more you could have had the mech upgrade slots in the same way as a Railjack, and linked the content islands.  I know that won't be popular , but my point is you've forced a content island and hidden enjoyable power behind a huge grind....it's stupid.

6) My Arquebex level up from everything.  

I think this is bugged, but if you equip the Mausolon as a heavy it seems like it gets free affinity, even if the Mausolon was never summoned.  Easier to grind levels, but it point towards either more bugs or some weird intended progression path.

If it isn't clear, put this back in the oven.  It's not done.  If you want to fill in the gap while delaying to add more content, with minimum effort, have Loid sell the mods.  This way, if you don't get them after 10-20 runs you have plenty of standing to just buy them.  Likewise, double or triple the armor on a mech.  It's silly to see them take more damage than a frame, and have no way to heal at all.  This just seems like you've taken the goal to be about level 40 content, and nerfed mech performance from there to make the mod values feel good.  It's not a way to start out as enjoyable.

Likewise, cut the stamina meter for dashing but keep it for gliding.  Why?  Well, artificially making mechs even slower is a penalty.  "Fixing" the penalty doesn't break the game, and nobody seems to like either the stamina or overheat bars.  It's fundamentally backward to pursue this, and your community will appreciate not being handicapped for wanting a thing less durable than a frame to at least feel fast enough to not be a detriment to their team.

Battacor-Sepulcre-Trumna-Mausolon-Cortege.  The first weapon is the genesis of the kill charging weapon.  3 Kills, 3 charges.  Apparently you copy pasted this mechanic from the Battacor into a litany of new stuff.  I cannot speak to Father's guns, but the common theme on these weapons is that you designed one gun and made minor stat adjustments along with art changes.  I'm good with a common theme, but this is the first time you've released a single concept four times.  It might have been less noticeable if you hadn't screwed up the Battacor some time ago....but two years isn't enough to forget a weapon completely.  While the Mausolon and Cortege are great and decent archguns, the painfully slow recharge of the later makes it ineffective while the former is fantastic until you've got genuinely strong enemies.  Neither of which make your mech feel like anything but a downgrade from a standard frame.

Finally, the mech needs help regarding durability.  Automatic health regen would be acceptable.  Combining that with significantly more armor would be better.  It would be ideal to have regen, armor, and to make the webbing canister go away for a radial stun and push-back attack that is cheap but effective.  Right now it's apparent why these things were not pursued in the Old War...as the Grineer are infinitely more effective than a battle mech in their current degraded state.  I'm just depressed that after all of this grind my mech is something that I have no desire to use.  The bleeding cool of 200k damage is completely useless when I cannot extend my energy pool, cannot be more efficient, and all of this is tied back to getting RNG mod drops from a mission that will have to be run statistically hundreds of time to make that happen.

Edited by master_of_destiny
  • Like 4

+1 for Health orbs to work on necramechs. It makes zero sense that they can gather energy, but not health. I understand completely that mechs are NOT suppose to steal the spotlight from the core gameplay, and are basically a "badass time" via summon, but this makes the mech non-enjoyable in rough situations, like steel path: I will barely have any time to enter the mech, only to watch it implode.

Also, if a new mech is summoned, it won't have its max health, just the "normal" unmodded amount.

Overall,however, these giants are the absolute peak of the diamond for Heart of Deimos. Sure, there's a few bugs, like operator having no revives on death, but overall they're awesomesause.

Edited by Brucieman64
grammar
3 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

Battacor-Sepulcre-Trumna-Mausolon-Cortege.  The first weapon is the genesis of the kill charging weapon.  3 Kills, 3 charges.  Apparently you copy pasted this mechanic from the Battacor into a litany of new stuff.  I cannot speak to Father's guns, but the common theme on these weapons is that you designed one gun and made minor stat adjustments along with art changes.  I'm good with a common theme, but this is the first time you've released a single concept four times.  It might have been less noticeable if you hadn't screwed up the Battacor some time ago....but two years isn't enough to forget a weapon completely.  While the Mausolon and Cortege are great and decent archguns, the painfully slow recharge of the later makes it ineffective while the former is fantastic until you've got genuinely strong enemies.  Neither of which make your mech feel like anything but a downgrade from a standard frame.

Kind of a disingenuous claim there. All five weapons have very different altfire mechanics, and behave very differently. They literally have one mechanic in common and nothing else. If you had actually used the Trumna or the Sepulcrum you would know they're nothing like Battacor - this is like saying every beam weapon is a rehash because they all have held triggers.

They also didn't "screw up" the Battacor, it's a solid weapon.

Mausolon is fine even against strong enemies. Slow recharge in general was a bug specific to Necramechs not scaling recharge rate correctly and setting it to 1.0, which affected all archguns and was generally atrocious. Cortege's altfire delay is a bug, it will probably be fixed soon.

Edited by FelisImpurrator

The Necramech itself is an awesome concept - handles great, really feels like a big stompy mech.

I will say though - the UI should change based on either your Mech energy color, or your UI color.

Grinding necramech mods, though? Not fun. Not fun at all - the drop rates are too rare for such limited kill counts. Stats from the wiki say it's a median 1600 Necramech kills to get all the mods, which is about as bad as Condition Overload grind used to be. Mods really need to be more generous in drop rates, or have Rank 3 Loid options to buy them for standing, to incentivize getting the higher rank.

The balance on the mech, however, really needs some work. A lot of people have given feedback on the durability, stats, and mods, and I agree with most of that - the mech needs to be tankier, able to receive health or energy from more sources (including health orbs), and all that good stuff. I do want to see normal landing and moving causing shockwaves that break crates and do enough damage to kill things like maggots. I also agree that vacuum and radar should be present - if nothing else, your frame is still there and so is your companion, so why can't we get Aura and Companion benefits at least?

It seems like the Mech doesn't have a shieldgate or Tenno health types - it should be changed to Tenno for us, and given proper shield gating.

The Operator having a 'hold to go to Warframe' or something would also be nice to have, for sure - currently to avoid transferring right back into the mech you need to dash away or slide away a bit and hit transference, which is clunky. You should be able to seamlessly transition between Operator, Warframe, and Necramech.

Necramechs should have a crawl, because even on Deimos some passages are too small for them.

Energy regeneration at base really needs to be a thing. It was present in the Snake mission, and it felt great. Maybe Efficiency could simply scale the rate of energy recovery.

Health recovery is really also needed without having to 'babysit' the Necramech with a healing Warframe/weapon/operator, honestly. It just skews usage toward a specific, very narrow subset of things (currently only Trin and Vazarin dash) that can heal the mech.

Melee feels very ineffective - we should get something like a badass Necramech chainsword, not this awkward ragdoll shuffle that knocks enemies out of range. Necramech melee being modded on the main body also feels like a step back in design, back to the old system of Kubrows and Kavats, and takes up space on the expanded mod screen with 'weapon' mods rather than opening up potential for fun gameplay altering mechanic mods. Necramechs really need to be able to use Archmelee, and for the space to be taken up by more interesting choices.

Ground slam really should go straight to the ground unless manually canceled, rather than the current short dive.

Speaking of which, mechs really do need the 'expanded capacity' feature of Paracesis and Kuva weapons - it's another piece of ancient Orokin gear with similar lore threads, if nothing else.

Mods:

• Melee mods are extremely weak on weak base attacks - besides the issue of their being in the base mod screen, their values are comparable to old Archmelee mods. There's really not much reason these should be so low. Even on low end Deimos bounties, their melee attacks all struggle to kill enemies; I have Necramech Blitz and it isn't doing much of anything.
  • Necramech Steel Fiber isn't impressive - you have lower base armor than Valkyr and a weaker mod than base Warframes, so armor just doesn't get very high.
  • Necramech Refuel is a bit too weak.
  • Overall, it feels like just retreading old mods isn't really the way to go; we end up just slotting the same old mandatory mech mods, if we can get them without extremely low drop rates or paying 200+ plat on PC for a Streamline or an Intensify, and they're no better than the old non-prime Warframe mods most players at this point have largely phased out (like Continuity). Again, we need mods that really lean into the fact that this is a mech suit, not just another Warframe.
  • Ideas for such mods:
    • Auto-Repair - Add a bit of health regen over time.
    • Point Defense - Install little beams that add a chance to intercept enemy projectiles harmlessly within x meters of the Necramech.
    • Deflector Charge - Restore shields for enemies hit in the dash.
    • Maneuvering Thrusters - Increase mobility speed of gliding.
    • Enhanced Jumpjets - Vertical impulse added to the jets, letting you rise up instead of hovering for increased fuel consumption.
    • Death From Above - Adds scaling damage in a small AOE when the Necramech lands, based on velocity/height like Zephyr's Tail Wind.
    • Charged Shockwave - Aerial slam attacks stun enemies with electric procs in x radius.
    • Critical Meltdown - Necramech destruction causes a large, level scaled explosion centered on the mech, that takes several seconds to activate.
    • Void Converter - Allows Operator ability damage to heal the Necramech the exact same way Loid can be healed with Void Blasts.
    • Weapon Overcharger - Kills with the Necramech weapon partly recharge its battery.

Abilities:

• Necraweb - it's a neat idea, but in practice it kind of fizzles. The web itself is destroyed when shot, dissipating harmlessly, and the explosion damage just isn't relevant even at the lower levels of Deimos.
    • I think that instead of damaging enemies, this should apply the debuff directly to enemies when shot in midair; or in addition to damage, with level/HP scaling added to the detonation.
    • The Web should not actually be destroyed when shot on the ground.
    • The canister needs to bounce a little less when it hits the ground.
  • Storm Shroud - it's far more broken for enemies than it is for us. For us, unless you walk into an Exploiter's death nuke, it really doesn't do all that much, seemingly. It doesn't seem to be applying its multiplier to absorbed damage, and it doesn't have a clear indicator of when that period is active.
    • We should have a brief shieldgate-like invulnerability frame when it goes down, so inbound damage doesn't just shred the shield and immediately go through our normal EHP.
    • Maybe have a built in Iron Shrapnel detonation mechanic with Electric damage and proc on recast?
    • There needs to be a clear indicator of when the shroud is absorbing damage and when it's taking damage, both audio and visual.
    • I suppose the shroud not appearing to apply its multiplier is a bug, so survivability-wise, it really depends on that.
    • The base value could stand to scale off modded armor like Iron Skin though.
  • Gravemines - again more broken for enemies than for us; enemy Necramechs can shred us almost instantly, but our Gravemines do flat damage in minuscule amounts that don't increase per rank and barely scale past level 20-30, let alone 40. They also auto-detonate almost instantly, which is against the purpose of mines, and fire based on the mech body rather than aim.
    • These should either fire in a fixed pattern all around the mech the way it claims, or fire based on your aim.
    • The mines should linger for a substantial amount of time until enemies are in proximity.
    • Mines need to do scaling damage in order to be even remotely relevant.
  • Guard Mode - ludicrously overpowered. It's as if all the power everywhere else on the Necramech were diverted into this one omnicidal death cannon, with 12,000 base damage that can be modded to deal six digits with every single shot and has zero falloff, and for less energy than Peacemaker. This needs a nerf, with a buff to the rest to compensate.
    • The base damage listed as 500 appears to be completely irrelevant and should be removed from the stats.
    • It appears to add some form of DR, which should be added to stat display.
    • The gun itself needs to be cut down in damage - at absolute most, 2000-range damage with at least some falloff, still higher than the Velocitus. I'm honestly not sure that would be enough with its energy drain being so relatively low, but it really should not be doing 600k+ full auto with one forma. Should it be the most badass gun in the game, capable of contending with full bloodrushed melee? Sure, why not. Should it be doing that with barely any investment and exceeding even top tier melee weapons with a long ranged AOE? No way.
Edited by FelisImpurrator
  • Like 1

Did already someone ask for an operator ability in necramech ? I mean, am playing with a controller, and I use D-pad to select ability and cast it with left bumper. However, in necramech, I have no way to get out of the mech except using keyboard.

3 hours ago, FelisImpurrator said:

Kind of a disingenuous claim there. All five weapons have very different altfire mechanics, and behave very differently. They literally have one mechanic in common and nothing else. If you had actually used the Trumna or the Sepulcrum you would know they're nothing like Battacor - this is like saying every beam weapon is a rehash because they all have held triggers.

They also didn't "screw up" the Battacor, it's a solid weapon.

Mausolon is fine even against strong enemies. Slow recharge in general was a bug specific to Necramechs not scaling recharge rate correctly and setting it to 1.0, which affected all archguns and was generally atrocious. Cortege's altfire delay is a bug, it will probably be fixed soon.

Swing and a miss.

What exactly am I referring to regarding the Battacor being screwed up?  Well, a number of weeks back the Battacor suddenly had 5 charges instead of 3.  They screwed it up, and never announced a change.  The result was literally seeing the same thing that is now present on the rest of these guns.  They recently silently nerfed it back to 3 charges....so it's really difficult to not see that the mechanic was being copied onto another weapon, code was screwed up accidentally, and the release gave us a view of what was to come.  Oops, they screwed up the Battacor.

Now, let's talk the Cortege, Trumna, Mausolon, and Sepulcrum.  What mechanic makes them unique?  Well, you kill 5 enemies and get access to a single charged shot attack.  Let's break them down so we can see:

Cortege - 5 kills unlocks the ability to shoot a wide arcing fan of projectiles, which effectively mirror the Torrid.

Trumna - 5 kills unlocks the ability to shoot a bouncing ball of explosives, which effectively is an upgraded Tonkor.

Mausolon - 5 kills unlocks the ability to shoot a single charged shot, which is effectively mirrors the Battacor.

Sepulcrum - 5 kills unlocks the ability to shoot a homing projectile at up to 5 enemies, this most closely mirrors the Akarius with homing and large damage.

So, all of them require kills.  The kill count unlocks the ability to do much more damage with a single shot.  Said single shot is supposed to not consume ammo (it is broken in the Cortege and does).  The secondary fires all take what are effectively assault rifle type weapons, and give them the powers of an existing weapon from the heavier classes (the only minor exception is the Mausolon, given the functional copying of an Opticor blast but without charge).  If you'd like, I could also tell you which weapons the base damage copies.  Spoiler alert, Ignis, Battacor, Dera, and [stack overflow, burst fire secondaries] are the answers so help yourself to a game of Jeopardy.

If I haven't explained myself enough, the theme here is assault primary requiring 5 deaths then getting a single shot sniper/heavy class shot.  If you'd like to point me in the direction that the last time this happened I'll gladly concede.  So we're clear, I cannot think of one.  Fortuna is about two years old, and it saw the Battacor, Ocucor, and Galvacord release as a pack.  Before that was PoE with the Stubba and Quartakk.  I'm really having a problem ever thinking of one mechanic being rolled out on 4 different weapons in a single shot.  Please, correct me if my memory doesn't serve.

Please also correct some pricing here.  

PoE - 10k for links, 1k for the grip, and 1k for the point bit.  5k and 2 wisps to gild.  Total cost, 17k standing for a single weapon.

Fortuna - 0.5k for the chamber, 1k for the grip, and 4k for the loader.  5k for gilding, with 2k extra in debt bonds.  That's 12.5k standing for a single weapon.

Deimos - 7.5k for the parts.  5k for the blue print.  30k for the seriglass.  Total cost of 42.5k for a single weapon.

This means that the costing of the highest tier weapon from Deimos is basically triple that of any other open world.  Ouch.  Why is it so high?  I cannot answer directly, but I can conjecture.  I can conjecture that DE set a date, and it came down to crunch time.  Instead of not releasing, they took the shortcut of having the same mechanic, copied and pasted the descriptions, and put out content with much higher prices so hopefully people didn't just burn through it all in a week.  

For the record, it's pretty reasonable to do this from a manpower standpoint.  Code monkeys, like grease monkeys, come at a premium.  For clarity, that is not an insult but an observation of kinship.  I'm closer than the later to the former, but the name is a common bond amongst those who make things work.  What becomes difficult is then designing the worst economy in the game to extend that further, and the resultant release feeling like an utter waste of time.  Call me crazy, but a 10k standing reward that costs me 99k+30k is pretty much a gigantic fireworks display highlighting that this was a hurried release.  The botched mechanics agree (looking at Necramech).  The copy and paste mechanics tell me they had to rush to push this out the door so large sections of the code are copy-pasted from existing segments.  The simple economic calculations all agree, when the prices have effectively been tripled.

Bad look all around.

5 minutes ago, master_of_destiny said:

*snip*

Wow, they copied one piece of code, so they're the same weapon!

Also, that whole wall about how they're all just copies of other weapons is completely wrong (you didn't even correctly identify the Cortege as a Larkspur with higher stats but a different AoE mechanic, or the Mausolon as a single Decurion with higher stats and an explosive alt-fire, and saying the Sepulcrum's alt-fire is just Akarius is grasping at straws), so... I don't think you really do know what you're talking about. The Trumna's altfire is just a Tonkor? By your extreme reductionist logic, there are only really about a dozen guns, because 'gun that shoots bullets' realistically describes most of them, therefore they're the same weapon and basically reskins.

As for the rest, while the prices are certainly excessive, your reasoning is pure conjecture.

Honestly, I've found this to be overall the most relaxed grind of any landscape in the game (including Necramech syndicate) save for a few spots they've largely started patching out, so when they literally slash the prices on Son tokens into the ground and cut rank-up tokens to 1 within a week and have stated they're still looking at the economy based on feedback, I don't think this logic of "they intentionally raised the prices to stall" has much basis.

Mech affinity 

Still needs to be ramped up. I spent about 30 minutes at the temple of profit and got very little xp. I keep hearing how thats a go to place but even with fosfors and an affinity booster i had very little gain on the mechs ranks. 

If its gonna have 12 slots it would be nice to have them rank up faster... that or just let us take them to normal  missions already so we can take them to hydron or something. Please. 

2 hours ago, FelisImpurrator said:

Wow, they copied one piece of code, so they're the same weapon!

Also, that whole wall about how they're all just copies of other weapons is completely wrong (you didn't even correctly identify the Cortege as a Larkspur with higher stats but a different AoE mechanic, or the Mausolon as a single Decurion with higher stats and an explosive alt-fire, and saying the Sepulcrum's alt-fire is just Akarius is grasping at straws), so... I don't think you really do know what you're talking about. The Trumna's altfire is just a Tonkor? By your extreme reductionist logic, there are only really about a dozen guns, because 'gun that shoots bullets' realistically describes most of them, therefore they're the same weapon and basically reskins.

As for the rest, while the prices are certainly excessive, your reasoning is pure conjecture.

Honestly, I've found this to be overall the most relaxed grind of any landscape in the game (including Necramech syndicate) save for a few spots they've largely started patching out, so when they literally slash the prices on Son tokens into the ground and cut rank-up tokens to 1 within a week and have stated they're still looking at the economy based on feedback, I don't think this logic of "they intentionally raised the prices to stall" has much basis.

It's almost funny.  Almost.

The Larkspur chains between targets, akin to the Amprex.  The Cortege does not.  It acts as a flamethrower...thus direct comparison to the Ignis rather than a semi-parallel comparison to the Larkspur.  It's almost like instead of making a weaker but valid comparison I've made the most direct one possible.

The Mausolon comparison to the Dera is because before the Decurion there was a Dera.  Again, going to the root rather than whatever it is you want to be the latest copy paste.

The Akarius fires a homing projectile which does quite good damage for a secondary.  It is balanced by having low ammunition.  Does that sound familiar?  Let me see, lock onto up to five targets to shoot a homing projectile...

The Tonkor shoots a grenade.  It bounces.  It will either come to rest and explode or hit an enemy and explode.  The Trumna shoots a bouncing projectile.  Instead of a one and done boom it creates a bouncing projectile that explodes each impact.  It's different than the Tonkor....kind of.  

Let's look at some reasonable weapons who do things well.  The Pyrana Prime introduces a mechanic of a ghost gun after a number of kills.  The Euphona Prime has primary and secondary functioning which allows pellet or slug firing.  The Catchmoon offers an energy wall that has insane drop-off.   The Kohmak offers faster firing the longer it's held down.  All of these weapons broadly fit into the category of secondary shotguns, but do something truly unique.  Your argument of all projectile guns are similar is missing the fundamental point, and is a strawman based in utter ignorance of unique mechanics.  The one unique mechanic for the 4 new weapons is borrowed from the Battacor, and the secondary firing choice for all of them is copy paste from existing content.

It's good for you that the grind is fine.  It might be the simple lack of content.  It might be that mother tokens allow for infinite grind of bounties, while crippling the other ways to gain standing.  It might also be that after Old Blood, Take Flight, Empyrean, and Scarlet Spear the bar is on the floor.  The phrase I'd share is that you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.  

So we are clear, gilding in PoE costs 5k standing and 2 cetus wisps.  Gilding in Fortuna is 5k standing and 2k worth of debt bonds.  Gilding a single pet in Deimos is 5k standing and 5k in son tokens.  Yeah, they patched it down for rank up but not for the thing you need to do 6 times.  The raw cost of items in standing has risen, through the installation of intermediary grind items.  None of this is opinion, it's easy to prove objective fact that the grind is being stretched.

Most frustratingly, the content is largely copy pasted.  It's pretty obvious DE was time crunched, and that's through their dev streams not my assertion.  It's pretty obvious that things were copy-pasted, because it's a 1:1 functional duplication.  If you want to accept this as fine, be my guest.  I'll be the one getting out before this place becomes Fallout 4.  Or more fairly, Fallout 76.  Copy pasted content, low effort new content, and a progressively lower bar to release quality under the assumption that eventually things will be patched.  Well, it's been since June 11th.  Stuff is still spawning outside of bounds in the corpus ship tileset.  We're back to being able to fall through floors, an issue that I thought was resolved more than 5.5 years ago.  

Put simply, warframe is unlikely to die.  There are people who have too much invested, and will defend anything DE does.  I don't exist to kiss their ring, but to receive a good game and to pay them.  I receive garbage like this, and I will pay what it is worth.  Nothing.  8 updates, and 7 patches into this content and we're only seeing the roll-back of really poor grinds.  Funny how you don't mention the mech mods, but we'll gloss over a 40 minute mission to potentially get nothing useful.  This is largely the tactic of out-dating the outrage by simply rolling back the worst stuff while the merely bad is allowed to linger because it isn't as bad as it could be.  But you accept and defend that.  We'll see exactly how far it is you're willing to go.  Of course, when that plane is eventually broken I expect you never complain, because this is established as fine to you.

• Like 1

So four forma in, I am loving everything about Necramech. I like the slower pace while killing things in the battlefield.  I do have  some  finer requests:

• If it can slowly descend from a high jump by using boosters near the chest. Can the same purge stronger to give it an upward ascending boost to scale higher targets? Because it needs to have a sort of double jump feature right now
  • Can the sensitivity of left and right turns while doing a forward dash be more responsive to make sharper turns possible despite of the momentum? It will make  it easier to quickly navigate narrow corridors like the caves in isolation vaults
  • Can we have a Necramech HP displayed all the time in the UI (forget it if i only didn't notice)?
  • please more melee animation apart  from the lone current swing only one. Maybe a difference between a tap and hold feature

I used to play Mechwarrior online so I really dig this great addition. Hoping to see the other mech types soon!