Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Necramech Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

1. As many people say, its need Aura mod, item pickup mod and radar mod, For radar, you may let compaion equip radar mod work even in Necramech.

2.It's defense is not going well on level 60+ and Shield form skill, Shield and HP can wipe in very some shot with +armor, shield and hp mod equip. it's need adaptation to survive since it's can't dodge bullet like warframe do.

3.When we leave WF to Necramech, WF is not in invincible stage. This will lead to WF down and up until no more rerive left then they gone,  left only operator and Necramech. If operator down in this stage mission will fail.

4.It's would get buff form WF to help them more utility.

5.Health orb must possible to heal it, else it need some thing to heal it's hp. Nothing can heal it hp right now.

6.With 12 mod slot. even we forma all 9 slot with 60 capacity. allow us to put mod at 5 capacity each slot max to place mod in every slot. But most of mod never lower than 5, most of them is 6 and some 7. so it's not possible to use all 12 slot right now unless you got plan to add aura slot that give more capacity, or new mod that max at 8 capacity or lower.

So I did my math slightly wrong with my Necramech post before about how ridiculous the mod capacity was.

It turns out it's worse than I thought.

At level 30 this will have 2 more mod capacity allowing me to slot thrusters with the addition of another polarity (or intensify, but not both).

It might as well only have 11 slots instead of 12 because you literally can't fit a 12th ranked mod.

YOU LITERALLY CANNOT FIT A BASE MOD ONLY BUILD ON THIS EVEN WITH EVERY SLOT POLARIZED.

This says nothing of future expansion mods and total lack of build diversity.  This should have been fixed in the last patch.  I've been saying this repeatedly since this launched.

FIX YOUR EXTREMELY BAD MATH.  

THIS IS BAD GAME DESIGN.

UDQkgMU.jpg

1 : just gonna say it again, we need archwing melee on the necramech! i want so much to be able to kill heretics with a good ol' battle axe.

2 : please add vacuum, as well as energy and health regeneration.

3 : check for something about tankiness. it doesn't feel tanky like a mech should.

4 : stamina? guys, you tried already in the past, it doesn't work.

5 : NECRAMECH ARCHWING MELEE. do you have the single #*!%ing idea how much people would love to dive into Mech and Space marine fantasy if we could have both a big sword and an archgun on mech to purge the heresy?! GIMME GIMME. i would be ready to forma every single weapon archwing melee and gun i have for this '-'

Necromechs:

Fun. Sound great. Not sure about the corn cob crotch.

Combat:

1. Keep mechs from being impacted by Warframe abilities at all, because..

2. I would really like a more gameplay-involved health and energy economy in mechs.

"Fixing" mech health/energy problems with warframes isn't interesting gameplay, neither is just making health or energy orbs work.

Perhaps something thematic with the associated weapons. You build up a resource bar by hitting enemies (Should be scaled around number of hits normalized to firerate, not damge done, otherwise it'll suck vs bosses) and spend to get energy or health or dr?

3. Enemy radar or even better, visual enemy highlights on hud (as mod?)

4. Melee feels pretty limp. Slower, heavier attacks?

5. Make charge/dash ragdoll enemies?

6. Tie mine targeting to camera facing

Movement:

1. Please embrace dash-jumping. Polishing it up with a thruster boost animation would be cool.

2. Directional dashing instead of only forwards, even if it takes a little more time

3. Turn off sprint when out of energy for toggle sprint users (Railjack needs this as well)

4. Allow charge/dash to vacuum nearby items

5. Stamina is OK, if movement tech is embraced

Visuals/sounds:

1. Add some sort of landing animation when summoned. Something like melee ground slam.

2. Mausolon alt-fire is not satisfying effects-wise, though it's great gameplay-wise. It also needs cooldown audio/vfx to indicate firing disabled time after usage. Apparently you can also charge the alt fire, and the charge effect looks great! Impact still lacks.

Edit: Fine when I bumped fx/particles back up.

Edit 2: The reload is pretty boring, though. That's still a thing.

Edit 3: I really like the Mausolon in general. Audio/visuals, feeling, stats. Great job. Reload, but whatever.

3. Better tracers and vfx for 4th ability. Perhaps only for player, not squadmates.

Edit: Might be fine with bumped up settings.

4. Alternate skins?

Bugs:

1. Random staggers when leaving dash/charge, feels bad to try to fix a charge stuck in a wall to then stagger out of it, or to be going downhill and have a hard landing after 3ft

2. Conditional archwing gun mods don't seem to work in mechs. Fire rate on headshot kill, etc.

3. Melee ground-slam often fails when slamming into a bunch of enemies, it seems to have to hit the ground directly to do anything.

12 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Host migration resets Weapon and MEch XP. 

This is almost an 8 year old game. Come on guys, it is embarassing to have such game breaking bugs at this point.

Confirmed, still happening, just happened to me in iso vault.

Still angry that you haven't fixed this yet.  The longer game breaking bugs stay in the more it sours an otherwise good update.

4 hours ago, (XB1)XEvilLordPandaX said:

necramech + arch wing = gundam would add alot of mobility to necramechs.

Necramechs are too heavy for Archwings to lift in atmospheric conditions. It should be fine in space though, Archmechs would just be a bit sluggish to move around.

Hello there ! Just started feeding my necra with my enemies blood ! Feel like driving a Warhammer 40k dreadnought xD. But, even if i love it, it feels like it could be better : why not being able to use it in every missions (instead of only open worlds maps) as it is for the arch gun and the gravimag system ? With some kind of timer or ammo limit that, once reach, make the necramech fall apart for the next 5/10minutes, or by recovering a necrapack (just as it is for the arch-gun system) ! I would love to travel around ships in my dreadnought shooting'n stomping on every fool that tries to face it =p I honestly hope it won't be an open world only feature cause it's really enjoyable and there's only three nodes you can summon it. I didn't check the entire topic so I apologize if it's a double posting but it's the first thing i thought about when I did turn it on for the first time !

Remove stamina bar. Also please fix the affinity bug I’m tired of this rank 0 Necramech despite playing numerous missions. Also add. Transference option to the ability area so people on console can actually leave the Necramech I read of having to wait for it to die everytime I want to pick up something or go back to my frame. And add toggle to hover.

Well part way through a triple iso vault run, the game despawned my frame leaving me with just my operator after summoning my mech. We had to abandon the run and when I went back into Necralisk I had none of the loot or affinity I'd picked up during the run, only the baseline mission rewards. Ruined the run for me and my squad.

EDIT: I've saved my EE.log if anyone wants to look at that.

I'd like to vote for greater drop chance of necramech mods, Or perhaps 3 necramechs in each vault? I'm feeling the burnout after several days of Iso vaults. Bug fixes are welcome too, other than that I like the necramech gameplay very much. Great audio and visual feedback too!

Necramechs suffer from the same issue I have with deployable archguns: what's meant to fulfill the feeling of a "moment of power" just doesn't deliver. They merely feel like options, something to fiddle with, rank up and then forget about. Even with a fully buffed set of vitality/shield/armor mods, they die too quickly. Their weapons and abilities are unimpressive when compared to any decent Warframe or primary/secondary weapon builds. Movement isn't entirely bad, but as others have stated the engine depletes way too quickly and the charge time on weapons is laughably slow. I will say that I do like Mausolon quite a bit though. It's definitely one of the best archguns added in a long time and the Battacor-style charge attack is awesome. I almost feel like building the Voidrig was worth it just for that weapon alone.

Anyway, I would love it if Necramechs and archguns in general received a major buff or overhaul to make them stand above frames and regular weapons. For the time being, a Necramech-only bounty would be kinda cool and would at least get me to utilize and invest into it a lot more. Create a narrative reason why our frames cannot survive in a certain environment, much like in the Heart of Deimos quest-line itself and let a full squad of Necramechs take down a hive or boss of some type.

50 minutes ago, (XB1)Earth Nuggets said:

Necramechs suffer from the same issue I have with deployable archguns: what's meant to fulfill the feeling of a "moment of power" just doesn't deliver. They merely feel like options, something to fiddle with, rank up and then forget about. Even with a fully buffed set of vitality/shield/armor mods, they die too quickly. Their weapons and abilities are unimpressive when compared to any decent Warframe or primary/secondary weapon builds. Movement isn't entirely bad, but as others have stated the engine depletes way too quickly and the charge time on weapons is laughably slow. I will say that I do like Mausolon quite a bit though. It's definitely one of the best archguns added in a long time and the Battacor-style charge attack is awesome. I almost feel like building the Voidrig was worth it just for that weapon alone.

Anyway, I would love it if Necramechs and archguns in general received a major buff or overhaul to make them stand above frames and regular weapons. For the time being, a Necramech-only bounty would be kinda cool and would at least get me to utilize and invest into it a lot more. Create a narrative reason why our frames cannot survive in a certain environment, much like in the Heart of Deimos quest-line itself and let a full squad of Necramechs take down a hive or boss of some type.

My dude i can 1 tap a hydrolyst part with no buff unimpressive my ass its good but needs improvement for sure like the hp needs to be worth it 4k is trash 2k shild is a joke 750 armour is ass compaired to just useing a inaros with max hp,armour build to do stuff so i agree there but power wise the mech is fine id say rip off the lame ass stamina bar no one wants add more to for mentioned things and id be perfect imo

On 2020-09-05 at 12:08 AM, master_of_destiny said:

Maybe you missed a tick.  Let me loop back around.  The point was that the unique mechanic of all four weapons was the same, copied directly from the Battacor.

No, I got that point entirely. I'm just saying that's a really inane point. "Kills charge a cool secondary attack" as a mechanic is so broad as to be meaningless for what you're trying to prove. The actual secondary attacks they're charging differ massively, ranging from opticor's bigger brother except with immense heat procs (!), to a (somewhat janky,) homing mini-missile launcher, to what amounts to a spread of napalm ogris projectiles. You saying it's lazily copy pasted from the battacor, but by that logic every gun that shoots non-hitscan projectiles is DE lazily copying the boltor.

It's a [i]really[/i] bad point. Like, I'm sitting here and I'm just baffled that there's someone making it as a serious argument. The guns clearly aren't copy-pastes of one another. They all have a kill-to-charge-secondary mechanic, which is clearly the entrati's factional hat just like how most corpus guns are fancy pew pew energy with a puncture focus when they aren't electricity. or how most grineer guns are hitscan impact focus bullet shooters, but the actual secondary mechanics being charged are all broadly different from each other and what we had before (not that they have to be - a niche can be filled by more than one gun, see stradavar and tiberon prime.)

Seriously, you say it's a sign of the guns being implemented in a slapdash fashion and I'm saying you're wrong, that your basic premise is full of grokdrul and that weapons in warframe have always been specialized along factional lines. If we were talking about four guns that behaved at all similarly beyond the most basic "kill to charge a secondary" level, I could perhaps accept your point, but this is completely bogus, we're almost at the level where guns using ammo shows how DE is creatively bankrupt. It's just daft.

You could argue about the bugs (even though it's been bugframe since the beginning) or grind (same deal with grindframe) are worrying without being wrong, but the example that you're using to prove that DE has lost their way - that horror of horrors they gave a faction a similar base mechanic on every one of their weapons, even if the specifics differ completely - is just intellectually void.  Every gun in an update (well, not [i]every[/i] gun, there's still the infested gun that behaves more like poison pax seeker on headshots, and the two melee weapons) using a mechanic on this level doesn't prove clem, since the mechanic is only slightly less broad than "uses ammo" or "fires a projectile."

Archived