Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Necramech Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

The targetting reticule blends into the scenery alot of the time. Could you make it recolorable, perhaps some options to change how it works. I'd kinda like it more animated. It's a combat machine but it doesn't have a targetting computer to highlight the aggressive infested in the infested world that they can blend into.

I'm kinda surprised that DE didn't make an infested that can swim through the world like a shark. Just no warning then (chomp) "Ack!"

I think Necramech should have 80 mod capacity instead of 60 because even with 8 forma you can’t use the 12th mod slot. Please take it in consideration because more capacity also means people don’t have to trade till they got enough for 8 forma but 5 forma it isn’t a big change but it will help the people to not spend as much time sitting in trade chat and play the game with there new mech.

IMG_0648.jpg

After using my Necramech against Tridolons, there are few suggestions I like to recommend:

• let us have a Mark your Necramech toggle similar to the Mark your Pet option in the Interface. Imagine scrambling to find where you last parked your Necramech against the night background after helping bringing down the Eidolons shield.  It is terrible and time consuming
  • all my experience fighting Tridolons was made worse with the persistent "Corn on a Cob" bug making it so much harder to spot when it is only a stick and a floating pod. Please fix it asap
  • give it access to a decent Radar  I had to squint and find those tiny vombalysts bobbing around waiting to get a chance to replenish the Eidolons shield.
  • give it Vacuum to help pick up sentient cores. It is time consuming to separately do this menial job when you already passed most of them while fighting and having nothing fetched just because it can't
  • on Guard Mode, the Arquebex have almost 5K m reach without any semblance of an aiming reticule. Most of the time you have to rely on the first few shots with hit points to finally zero in on any target
  • against Eidolons, the necramech is sturdier compared to Deimos enemies. But It still needs a way to regain HP. Maybe  by shutting down or equipping a limited number of repair canisters that can made in the foundry . Also, it is a Void + rig, I don't understand why it can't be healed by an operator

NM have so much potential, I think these few add ons will even make it so much better in terms of ease of use. Like what the other posters mentioned already, a radar and vacuum is of utmost importance.

Capacity is my main issue, I only have 6 formas in mine, feel like they should act like the 5 formas giving extra 10 levels like other things in warframe, would allow a full equip at least and deserved for the time investment to forma 5 times and maybe extra formas for more utility

Edit: Upon thinking about it another thing I do wish gravemines spread over a larger area, not more mines just a bigger area, not sure how others feel, maybe have the cc last a couple more seconds too? Would make it really fun to use

Mechs feel fun to use however the lack of constant energy and healing can be quite frustrating, being able to use archguns with it add more to their flexibility however the base gun far out powers the rest of the arch guns, the mods however feel incredibly rare that after quite a few vault runs have only obtained one mod.
increasing the mod drops would be much welcome and a slight rework on some of the archguns would also do well for it as the are easily eclipsed by the mechs base gun adding transference to the main bar would be nice for those who don't use the ability menu using controller 

Understandably, the community deems Necraweb and Gravemines as Voidrig's weakest/overshadowed abilities. Some ways to help them:

Necraweb (1);

• Necraweb's detonation (timer expired or shot at as a canister or field) should instead do Heat damage and proc.
  • Casting Necraweb will cause the mech to immediately throw the canister at the indicated location. Holding the ability button will give an AoE indication similar to how holding Nidus's Virulence will give you the range indication of the ability.

Gravemines (3):

• Gravemines should stagger enemies such as the Sentients to compensate for status immunity. The mines are rather blinding.
  • Gravemines should have some level scaling. The stacked Heat procs are nice, but more bulkier enemies like the Carnis Rex and even the Therid will resist it too much.
  • Synergy: If the Gravemines are used against enemies slowed by the Necraweb, the mines deal an additional 1.5X Heat damage/proc (adding onto the aforementioned level scaling and Ability Strength). They already got covered by the graviton fluids of the Necraweb, so they should be more flammable.

Opinions

to clunky

cant use any gear in it

vacume from companion doesnt work

No mastery

Impossible mod farm

Hard to swap between frame/ mech in combat( why do we have to aim at it should have an aoe with a quick swap) 

its huge why cant we have weapon in 1 hand sword in the other or dual weild 2 different arch guns

In combat it looks kinda stupid, may as well have a mech wiout arms...

Necramechs Anywhere! (Accessible outside of Open Worlds):
This is a concept from the devstreams that I dearly hope doesn't get left in the back log.
These mechs are just too cool to leave hanging on 3 nodes in the entire star chart.

12 hours ago, Z_3_K_3 said:

Necramechs Anywhere! (Accessible outside of Open Worlds):
This is a concept from the devstreams that I dearly hope doesn't get left in the back log.
These mechs are just too cool to leave hanging on 3 nodes in the entire star chart.

Idk. To some degree, yes, but then again it would be kind of overpowered. Maybe if they were weakened a little, kind of like the grounded arch weapons, while in non-open worlds. Be a sort of reversed Archwing. 

Also I made a concept about a Grineer and Corpus version. Like they somehow got a hold of one and made a version of their own. While Corpus focus more on long/wide range attacks, Grineer focus more on close melee range. While the original Orokin version is sort of mid range. So each one won’t just be some alternative skin. Imagine being able to Wield Arch-Melees on the Grineer Mech. Like running around with the Knux. 

Which if they did that, MAYBE we could see them brought into non-open worlds as a sort of guardian or assassin. Like imagine them guarding the rescue targets. Or you fight them before fighting the actual boss. Or they are around to protect “VIPs” in capture missions. And we could summon our own. Maybe requiring a new kind of segment. Maybe they’re “a bit too much for tight space areas to handle. Wouldn’t want to blow up an enemy ship and be stuck in space”. What ever excuse that may get used to explain why you require a certain item to use them outside of the big maps they were specifically designed for. Imagine them on Railjacks. Lol 

Only problem is players complain over warframes. Imagine how many would act seeing a Necramech “stealing all the kills and fun away” instead of just going solo like they keep demanding the others do.

Me and like 5 other dudes would have fun using a Necramech in other missions. Open worlds are kind of too big. Hate having to hop out, go into Archwing, fly to destination, then summon Necramech. The smaller maps would make it less tedious to use. And when I was a newbie 4 years ago, I didn’t care if all the kills were taken. They actually helped me out. But on days where I felt bored cause I wasn’t doing much, I went to private to “have fun”. Some players are just too selfish and they ruin the games for everybody. 

Also be nice to have a Necramech Sanctuary Onslaught. Like Simaris has taken an interest in these Necramechs and wants to put them to the test with his SO/ESO. But only Necramechs can be used. So without one, you won’t be allowed. Much like sorties not allowing rank < 30 warframes. It would also be a faster way to level them up and Forma them too. Also could have a Simaris Mech that appears after a certain round. 

Kind of picturing Ordis being able to operate one and assist the Operator. “Finally. Ordis can now... KICK SOME AS... assist the Operator”. 

As some points of accessibility, I would love a way to reduce or disable the new HUD overlay that comes up when you're in the mech. Warframe is already an incredibly visually busy game, and a pointlessly large ornate crosshair for something that can barely aim anyway, plus multiple sets of extra markers across the width and length of the entire screen, really makes it difficult to focus or even see far off enemies sometimes. Even if aiming with M2 got rid of the side markers and reduced it to just the center reticle that would be a lot better.

The screen shake in the mech, particularly when using the mausolon has also been pretty rough for me. I get how some juddering adds to the feel of being in a big hulking machine but after firing for an extended period it gets really unpleasant. After one longer bounty I actually had to go check my regular settings to make sure I still had screen shake turned off, I swear my eyeballs were vibrating by the time I finished the mission.

In general though after a couple of days of playing around, I'm enjoying my mech. I'm not sure what niche it's going to settle in just yet but can't deny it's fun being a big ol robot.

when does locking necramech mods behind a  0.2% drop chance a good idea?

after nearly 2 weeks of doing isolation vaults i barely got any necramech mods except 3, 2 being duplicates which is necramech shielding, and the other being slip stream, but THATS IT, and just to think that all this time i thought i could get something like necramech armor, or hydraulics is just a dream that would never come true, and i had to buy necramech armor, from another player, but then again alot of people will say its easy to earn plat, but then again platinum just doesnt come from nowhere, it comes from people buying platinum and that platinum being traded in with other players, so isnt that kinda making these mods paywall locked or luck on your side? why the actual hell does necramechs have a 10% chance to drop a mech and another 10% chance to give a specific mod, thats just absurd as hell, a second step drop chance is just absurd and ridiculous, anyone who thinks thats a good idea needs to really put themselves into a players point of view and make them feel whats it like to suffer, hell that last dev stream with rebecca joking about the balance saying "thats why helminth exist because you can just replace that bad ability with a good one!" which only shows the meh balancing on tuning warframe ability kits, i wonder if they'll maybe say "oh why grind to get a necramech mod if you can just buy it off another player" yeah same aura as if your homeless just buy a house, i mean c'mon dont be like that theres a better way to fix this and not make people like me into very angry and disappointed people. 

and heres a couple of easy solutions to really fix this

option one: remove the 2 step drop chance and actually increase the chances of getting those necramech mods from 0.2% to 5% or 7%, that would do wonders actually.

option two: just replace the relics in isolation vaults with necramech mods, i mean why the hell not? thats what isolation vaults are for right? getting rare resources and mech parts, so why not make those mods available from those bounties right? it should be worth something than spending days just to get nothing.

option three which i think would be awesome: make necramech mods purchasable from father, i mean he built the blasted mechs so why not make him sell the mods that give em power, or something really nice is also to make the necraloid syndicate have a rotating offerings system like nightwave where 4 different necramech mods are shifted every 24 hours, that would be soo nice

but you know what thats just too good for balancing wise, even tho the luck of getting things like that are non existent, even tho necramechs have amazing potential and not be fodder content like all the mesa, saryn, and chroma mains are saying, and the fact we can get some amazing things, it just seems to good to be true, but eh what are you opinions on this? for me im just soo frustrating, if you can make classic skins equippable on prime warframes, if you can make amazing as heck skins and weapons, then bloody hell fixing the drop chances of necramech mods shouldn't be that hard. 

for any necramech changes, just increase the damage conversion of storm shroud from 200% to 300% and make the ability to be affected by duration mods, secondly maybe make the melee do percentage damage? like every hit removes 20% of enemy base health? that would be nice considering how melee damage is non existant on necramechs. 

After finally leveling my Nechramech out on PoE, have have to agree with everyone that we need loot radar and enemy radar. Vacuum would be nice, but it i can at least see the enemy's to shoot them and the loot to find, i can be happy with that. I leveled it on PoE since I have a pigment target out there. The Dargon Piolets. Good luck finding them after they fall from the sky in a necramech. Having to hop in and out of the mech just to find an enemy or the loot it drops really brings the fun of mechs down hard core. If they don't get there own mods then at least have companion mods count.

For starters NecraMechs need more mods. What i mean by that is variety for a NecraMech build, and ability augment mods to give its abilities some extra passives.

- One i could think of right now would be an Autonimus passive. So that the NecraMech acts as a companion/specter. The easy way to give us that could be with a mod, or... you could give us a the option to give our NecraMech a soul. A cephalon soul. But please... please, please, please dont force Ordis or Otak dialog down our throats.

- An augment mod could turn the VoidRig 1st ability into a fragmentation grenade.

- An augment that turns the 4th into a seeker volley.

- An augment for a flying NecraMech build (greatly increased glide time and glide distance)

- A way to make the NecraMech use emotes so that we can make him dance.
(that last one is supper important)

overall the necramechs feel formidable and powerful, but the abilities need to be buffed in my opinion, like one necraweb needs to have increased radius so it works well as a crowd control ability then something small, storm shroud is a pretty good ability however i do wish its damage conversion was inreased from 200% to 300% that would be just perfect, as for the gravmines i think beefing up the default damage from 200 to 500 heat damage would be nice, the artillery mode is perfect and doesnt need any changes.

for the melee however, i think it just needs to be reworked, like seriously i think all necramechs should have the ability to grab enemies and fling them, it would be amazing, as for the damage itself, its non existent and i think the melee should do percentage based damage, like every hit removes 30% of enemies max health and removes 20% on heavy enemies, i mean necramechs are these huge walking tanks with immense firepower and brute strength so why not make their melee useful than just a i like your cut g simulator. 

Necramech feels great, however fighting 3 of them on solo, with every single one of them constantly spamming abilities (spamming in the most literal way, it's like  if they don't have cooldowns at all). Between that and the floor bugs, transference bugs, shooting bugs, unable to move bugs, etc, the whole experiene of the isolation vaults is really ruined. I liked the mechancis, concepts and art a lot, but the enemy necramech AI needs some tweaks,

Archwing disables for clients during the Isolation vaults after using the Necramech. I can still summon my Necramech but once I do, I can no longer summon archwing in the Cambion Drift.

This is a very frustrating bug and has compelled me to only use my Necramech on the tier 3 Isolation Vaults because I can leave the squad after we complete it. Once I've left the squad, I can summon archwing to return to the Necralisk.

16 minutes ago, z3us32610 said:

Archwing disables for clients during the Isolation vaults after using the Necramech. I can still summon my Necramech but once I do, I can no longer summon archwing in the Cambion Drift.

This is a very frustrating bug and has compelled me to only use my Necramech on the tier 3 Isolation Vaults because I can leave the squad after we complete it. Once I've left the squad, I can summon archwing to return to the Necralisk.

It is frustrating, currently the temporary fix is to bring your K-drive, hop on then jump off. After that you will be able to use your Archwing again.

My feedback to Necramechs after having it since week1:

- the crosshair is often hardly visible. Please give us an adjustable visibility.

- Radar and Vacuum are absolutely needed. It´s just silly we need to exit the necramech for both functions.

- we need more ways to gain necramech mods. A 30 minute run with a 0.2% dropchance is out of this world. 

- Archwings are often disabled after exiting the mech. This is certainly a bug.

- Some way to regain energy and health would be very much appreciated. While we can get energy by picking up energy orbs, the mech cannot pick up health orbs. It is basically doomed to die sooner or later. Suggestion: Let us repair the mech manually in operator form. This requires to take a break, but would give us an option. Or simply make health orbs functional.

- The walk/sprint switch is the same as in Railjack mode. We need to manually disable sprint to restore the energy. This is clumsy and unintuitive. Energy both in RJ and mechs should start regenerating when you stop moving.

- let us adjust the jump height by tapping or holding the jump button. It´s very inconvenient to crash into a ceiling every time you only wish to make a little hop.

- Given our mech has functional hands, I see no reason why it shouldn´t be able to equip archwing melee weapons.

11 hours ago, IamLoco said:

My feedback to Necramechs after having it since week1:

- the crosshair is often hardly visible. Please give us an adjustable visibility.

- Radar and Vacuum are absolutely needed. It´s just silly we need to exit the necramech for both functions.

- we need more ways to gain necramech mods. A 30 minute run with a 0.2% dropchance is out of this world. 

- Archwings are often disabled after exiting the mech. This is certainly a bug.

- Some way to regain energy and health would be very much appreciated. While we can get energy by picking up energy orbs, the mech cannot pick up health orbs. It is basically doomed to die sooner or later. Suggestion: Let us repair the mech manually in operator form. This requires to take a break, but would give us an option. Or simply make health orbs functional.

- The walk/sprint switch is the same as in Railjack mode. We need to manually disable sprint to restore the energy. This is clumsy and unintuitive. Energy both in RJ and mechs should start regenerating when you stop moving.

- let us adjust the jump height by tapping or holding the jump button. It´s very inconvenient to crash into a ceiling every time you only wish to make a little hop.

- Given our mech has functional hands, I see no reason why it shouldn´t be able to equip archwing melee weapons.

bloody hell you mentioned all of the problems i want to be addressed, even tho i would like those to be fixed, i also wished the melee got buffed to do percentage based damage, like every hit removes 30% of enemies max health, and does 20% against heavy types, that would make melee really worth it. 

Archived