Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Necramech Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

When I used the mech during the main HoD questline I had a pet with me, but I could not heal him or revive him from my mech. He just died and I could do nothing about it. Also every mod on the pet was disabled. So the pet is not even helpful in terms of finding loot or gathering items.

I think it'd be best for this part of the quest to completely unequip the pet. I don't know what this is like for using these things outside the quest as I haven't tried it yet.

3 hours ago, selig_fay said:

Use the operator to enter the room where you were given the mech for the quest.

People need to finish War Within quest first. I think it'd be good if the wall you traversed through before would give some sort of message stating "You are not yet ready Tenno. Grow stronger and you may pass.".

So I fought one on foot....

Damage was high, but I expected that so no complaints. And while I know this is absolutely supposed to be something to fight in a group, I also know it's not supposed to be impossible to solo. That said, I feel me criticism of the fight nicely applies to both solo and group play.

Here are my gripes, though:

• When it dashes at you there's no wind up and the hitbox is HUGE meaning it's almost impossible to bait it into a wall and open up it's back to damage.
  • Along the lines of above it turns instantly like an aimbot with mouse sensitivity set to Ten Million DPI so there's no real way to maneuver around it or play cat and mouse with it solo.
  • Arms regenerate almost instantly and with no discernible pattern or warning. There's no real "armless" boss phase or anything like that. Arms also take up a very small portion of the overall necromech's health. Not sure the pros and cons of that upfront, but it's a thing I noticed.
  • Is the head a weakspot? Sometimes it seemed like it was..... sometimes not? It's also way harder to hit compared to even Vey Hek's small, floaty face because of the bob. 
  • I kept getting randomly slowed down (not from standing in the blue grenade puddles) and it seemed my Operator could only half void dash and would then violently be thrust back into Warframe mode. This was completely unexpected and without warning. I'm not sure if it's a vault thing or a necromech thing but it is a thing,
  • Necromechs laying around in Steel Path have Earth Excavator levels of health and armor.

On 2020-08-21 at 7:50 PM, [DE]Bear said:

These new additions came with The Heart of Deimos, and we would love to hear your feedback. From the Necramechs themselves to their weapons, powers, and stats, if you have feedback, please leave it here!

They're great. Jump in, stand still hoping for enemies to kill you quick, maybe get a little resources, repeat for many many hours 🙄

Maybe they'd be more fun if the resource balance was better? At the moment they only seem to exist to die so you get the parts.

Maybe tweak them so you get the parts as soon as you transfer in, then they might be worth keeping alive?

FEEDBACK FOR NECRAMECH:

• 
Needs more mobility and agile, dashing while cornering is quite difficult. But i am able to adapt to it. A little bit more tweaking on it.

• Back Dashing is basic maneuvering skill which allows the mech to avoid incoming melee attacks in-front. (Warframe has basic maneuvering skill which is a back-flip).

• Hovering Dash / Back Dash is also basic maneuvering skill which would be helpful when shooting down enemies from below your ground.

(I am not aware if there someone already gave this feedback as i am not reading any previous comments or feedback prior to mine.)

Additional Feedback:

FOR FUTURE PATCHES ON NECRAMECHS:

• Modular Necramech Parts
- Since most of the arsenals and companions can be built from different variety modular parts which are found from Cetus (Amp and Melee), Fortuna (Kitguns and Amps, Companion), Deimos (Companion) . I would advise to do the same with Nechamechs, so the players can built different varieties of Necramechs which making a 9 possible combination of necramechs instead of 3 necramechs.

(As mentions before, I'm not aware if there someone already gave this feedback as i am not reading the other comments after this was posted.)

ANTIGEN and MUTAGEN need FASS RESIDUE.

But It's not recognize FASS RESIDUE, and look like OTAK TOKEN.

I have FASS RESIDUE and OTAK TOKEN, but cant't make ANTIGEN and MUTAGEN.

If  all ANTIGEN and MUTAGEN needs PROCESEED FASS RESIDUE,It's ill-matched DESUS,IRANON,ADRA,LEPTOSAM.(These can get stranger.)

Plz FIX.

14 minutes ago, -AM-Akimuro said:

Needs more mobility and agile, dashing while cornering is quite difficult. But i am able to adapt to it. A little bit more tweaking on it.

The main thing is that this is be not very strong. I still want to feel the weight of the suit, not play like the plastic Diva from owervath.

3 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

The main thing is that this is be not very strong. I still want to feel the weight of the suit, not play like the plastic Diva from owervath.

Agreed. Let's wait for further updates for the Necramechs as i'm sure that DE will make further blueprints / modular parts to create your own mechs like the rest of the custom armaments found in Cetus and Fortuna.

Here's my feedback on the 'Mech:

• If it's a tank, it needs to do more damage and be, well, tanky. My warframe can take more damage, deals a LOT(!) more damage, and moves faster. This think should be basically impossible to destroy, but instead ... yeah.
  • If it's a 'Mech, it needs to behave like one. Where is the torso turning function? Instead, it behaves just like a slow warframe, but with stamina! (translation: slow, limited, less fun)
    • Honestly, the stamina/slow thing would become an interesting mechanic with a functional torso turning function - think Mechwarrior series
  • If the enemy mechs can regen, please make sure that player mechs can do so too (perhaps they can ... it wasn't really highlighted)
  • The abilities just plain don't really work for a mech. Did you get these from the rejected Archwing pile? Being able to send out a massive blast (a fast version of Nova's 2), a regen armor/health/stamina/energy skill, a grappling hook, and seeking mini-rockets would have been a much better kit.
  • Why don't the jumpjets just keep you up higher when you double-jump? This hover function is kinda useless. If I want to stand in place, I'll stand in place, thank you very much. The height advantage isn't really worth the stamina drain IMO. But, if I could get over higher ledges using it, then it would be interesting.

This was an unexpected bit of fun from TennoCon, and I must admit that as a huge fan of MW2/3/4 (haven't played 5), I was setting myself up for disappointment. But, I think with a few tweaks (torso rotation function!) it has some fun potential.

2 hours ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

They're great. Jump in, stand still hoping for enemies to kill you quick, maybe get a little resources, repeat for many many hours 🙄

Maybe they'd be more fun if the resource balance was better? At the moment they only seem to exist to die so you get the parts.

Maybe tweak them so you get the parts as soon as you transfer in, then they might be worth keeping alive?

The main way you get them is by running the Isolation vault fight, to my understanding. Not only does that involve a necramech fight, the reward table involves the standing parts and there's a hidden guaranteed Necramech so you can have another roll.

50 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

The main way you get them is by running the Isolation vault fight, to my understanding. Not only does that involve a necramech fight, the reward table involves the standing parts and there's a hidden guaranteed Necramech so you can have another roll.

Yes, but you can kill the enemy necramechs much quicker with your abilities/weapons, and kill infested much quicker too.

Maybe once we can build our own (I don't think anyone can have got that far yet) and modded them they'll be better, but the ones we can access now are only useful for waiting to die.

One thing to warn: the Necramech's 4th ability will lock you out of using anything else the Necramech has. This is because the Necramech won't swap out of the artillery cannons it uses from its ability.

One thing to give credit is that Necramechs you control when destroyed will drop parts for you to loot.

28 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Yes, but you can kill the enemy necramechs much quicker with your abilities/weapons, and kill infested much quicker too.

Maybe once we can build our own (I don't think anyone can have got that far yet) and modded them they'll be better, but the ones we can access now are only useful for waiting to die.

Well, in terms of durability at least, Necramech vitality boosts their health by 120% which considering their base is 1500 (assuming the voidrigs we find in the field are comprable to the ones we can mod). I've yet to get any of the other Mods for their effects, although I believe their weapons are modded like archwing weapons, and they already seem pretty handy at dealing with level 30-odd before we start pumping them up - even against some of the armoured infested.

Simply put, if this is them in their unmodded state, they should at least be competitive enough for general purpose use once fully modded. Pity we can't take them onto anything other than open worlds though.

10 hours ago, Krilexis said:

Found ou during the quest that you can charge the alternative shot only when the tiny blue half circle in the center is full. Not sure how it recharges though I think when I was hit?

The description of the necramech guns makes it sound like they charge based on kills ala battacor.

Still working on getting my own so this can't be considered full feedback. However, the stage of Heart of Deimos where you use one has left me largely skeptical.

The mechs are slow. They feel heavy. They are limited by a stamina bar - something that was removed from Warframe years ago. Mobility is considered to be one of Warframe's most distinguishing and best features, one of the things the game is praised for. It seems like a questionable choice to me to go against that, and essentially regress in design philosophy by entire years.

Moving on. Aside from the default machine gun, Necramechs use archguns. There's a reason why people seldom use atmospheric archguns, DE - our normal weapons are better. By extension, our normal weapons are better than Necramechs. The same applies to abilities; there are some nice ones, most notably the long-duration electric shield that gives you invulnerability, but actual Warframes have a far more versatile arsenal of abilities, and are ultimately more powerful when used correctly.

In conclusion, the only use case I can see for Necramechs is a power boost for newer players, so they can face the typically more challenging content of open world maps. They don't have fully decked out builds on their frames and weapons yet, which allows the mechs to pull ahead. And here lies the final issue - Necramechs are the most gated content Deimos has to offer currently. They're offered by a syndicate that can only be accessed after you finish War Within, and the parts have to be obtained by fighting hostile mechs that are far too challenging for newer players (Suiciding with a randomly found broken mech to get a drop is an option, but I suspect that might be a bug?).

It seems to me that it's a case of not  considering properly who the content that's produced is actually for. Necramechs have nothing to offer for experienced players, newer ones that could make use of them can't obtain them. They'd need an extensive, fundamental rethinking if they're to be appealing to people who can get them. Of course, making having your own Necramech be a requirement for some future boss fight would make people invest in them and use them for that boss fight - but they wouldn't be something desirable, merely something you use out of necessity. Just as atmospheric archguns are now.

so im just gonna post the good and bad so far 

I really hope for tennogen for necramechs 

Necramech

Good and functional

• sound effects 
  • the primary gun charge AOE shot is nice
  • the design variations look good 
  • the combat overall was functional 

BAD  n buggy?

• hate the stamina bar , had to stop every 2 minutes and park to just make it then able to walk (this isnt warframe year one, please remove this)
  • no real info on controls, a tutorial before marching out would have been nice (mask it as a calibration test )
  • end of quests mech going boom audio was exceptionally loud and hurt my ears , wasnt in balance 
  • has jet thrusters to fly but cant do sprint dash ? just a very quick shoulder bash and stop 
  • mech powers like throw grenade , appear on other users UI , very confusing
  • (pickup energy) fixed in hotfix 
  • the parts  to build and make them is a bit excessive, also the customization looks to be less then what was expected variance wise in the syndicate offers

On 2020-08-22 at 1:50 AM, [DE]Bear said:

Necramechs! Big! Stompy! Bristling with guns!

That was my first impression but after getting into one on a lvl 2 bounty, it was anticlimatic because the weapon felt weak. I think an increase of weapon damage of those mechs you can find and "pilot" on the free roam map would be good.

59 minutes ago, vFlitz said:

The mechs are slow. They feel heavy. They are limited by a stamina bar - something that was removed from Warframe years ago. Mobility is considered to be one of Warframe's most distinguishing and best features, one of the things the game is praised for. It seems like a questionable choice to me to go against that, and essentially regress in design philosophy by entire years.

Why do we need another system that works like a space monkey warframe?

Honest opinion on the necramech.... an unwanted addition to the game, if I wanted to play mechwarrior (and this is what it is basically), I'd play mechwarrior.

This another 'bolt on' taking us away from the warframes that, at least in my case, were the reasons I came to play the game, it really feels like you felt you needed to add something 'new' to deimos (you didn't need to imo) and the best you could come up with basically a worse version of what we already use..

As to the actual performance and usage(note no mods and only from the quest).

• It's slow
  • Stamina system is stupid, it was removed from warframes for a reason
  • It takes up far too much screen imo
  • It doesn't fly high enough
  • It's low damage
  • No idea how to heal it etc
  • The instructions on screen don't seem to match what was happening with the necramech
  • Pretty sure ability 4 was locked still and the 3 it had access to were rather lacklustre.
  • It's basically worse than the warframe I was using and the only reason it was 'better' in this instance was because we couldn't use our warframe.
  • It's not fun to use....

29 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Stamina system is stupid, it was removed from warframes for a reason

I don't agree that mech = warframe. Moreover, stamina is used for what is very similar to Gauss 1, but Gauss spends energy on it. Similarly, all warframes do not have an infinite aimglide, which is very similar.

It's basically worse than the warframe I was using and the only reason it was 'better' in this instance was because we couldn't use our warframe.

It's low damage

And I don't agree here either, because if you remove all the mods, your warframe and weapons won't work well either. First, I want to see how mods will affect this and if it's bad, I'll agree with you.

Archived