Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: The Helminth System Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

The Helminth system is here! We would love to hear your feedback regarding the Helminth system itself, including resource costs, functionality, ease of use, and anything else centered around your most squishy ship resident.

If you have feedback to leave on the subject of The Helminth System, then please do so in this thread. Please remember that you should keep your feedback constructive and civil. If you like an aspect of the new content, tell us what you like. If you do not like an aspect, then tell us why, and what you would change to make it better!

Please bear in mind this is not a place to leave bugs you discover while playing. If you do need to report a bug, please use the dedicated Heart of Deimos Bug-Hunting thread!

Thank you!

Congratulations on overcoming the challenges of working remotely to simultaneously launch on all Platforms and bring us the best Warframe Experience yet!  We truly appreciate all the hard work and risks you take (yes, even when we get ridiculous with our feedback and expectations, we still love you guys...forgive us).

Thank YOU, DE TEAM!

I know this is early as the update just launched and odds are no one will get the orbiter segment for a bit, but i do have a small suggestion regarding the Helmith Cyst, which has been in the game for a long time now.

While i understand players sometimes dont like having the cyst ruining their fashion frame and can choose to remove a cycst from a frame and permanently innoculate that frame from further cyst infection and prevent that frame from ever getting another id like to offer feedback and a suggestion on this now that we'll be able to freely add and remove abilities to frames: please allow us the choice to remove a frames immunity from receiving cysts and allow a frame to start growing cysts on their neck again?

If i'm remembering correctly i think it was once said on a devstream that eventually we'd be able to allow a frame to be re-infected. if im not just imagining things, then now might be that time to add that if it hasnt already been snuck in?

I just went to speak to helminth with my Nidus and it automatically popped his cyst. The cyst he's had since I started playing the game. It didn't say "cure cyst" like it normally does, it just said "Helminth". I actually kept it because i liked how it looked and now I can't get it back. So I'm just going to have to get a new Nidus, even though this one has all of my damned umbral forma in it.

Some kind of warning would be nice, this experience has totally ruined my mood and I'm done playing for today.

I went up to the chair with Khora and selected "Helminth". Then it removed my Cyst... I feel cheated. I didn't want to remove my Cyst permanently! My Khora can never be infected again all because your prompt says "Helminth" and not "Remove Cyst" like it used to.

EDIT:

3 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

I just went to speak to helminth with my Nidus and it automatically popped his cyst. The cyst he's had since I started playing the game. It didn't say "cure cyst" like it normally does, it just said "Helminth". I actually kept it because i liked how it looked and now I can't get it back. So I'm just going to have to get a new Nidus, even though this one has all of my damned umbral forma in it.

Some kind of warning would be nice, this experience has totally ruined my mood and I'm done playing for today.

You and me both. I feel completely cheated by this deceptive prompt. And now my Khora can't even enter the Helminth room again.

10 minutes ago, nslay said:

I went up to the chair with Khora and selected "Helminth". Then it removed my Cyst... I feel cheated. I didn't want to remove my Cyst permanently! My Khora can never be infected again all because your prompt says "Helminth" and not "Remove Cyst" like it used to.

EDIT:

You and me both. I feel completely cheated by this deceptive prompt. And now my Khora can't even enter the Helminth room again.

Yeah, it totally killed my mood to play Warframe today. I just want my cyst back. Or a new Nidus/umbral forma to start over again.

5 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Nidus can get reinfected afaik.

DE. I'd buy the Helminth system for 1000 plat. I'd buy the Son's Tokens for plat. I'd buy all the Tokens for plat. I'd directly pay cash to acquire the Tokens.

EDIT: This no longer applies since DE made progression more bearable.

Actual feedback regarding the acquisition of the Helminth Chrysalis system. I'm not a fan of how the system is acquired. We don't initially gain access to Helminth via Deimos. We gain access to Helminth via Nidus (i.e Glast Gambit). Locking Helminth behind the Entrati standing feels random. Locking it behind Conservation feels wrong. I'll have more feedback once I rank up enough.

On 2020-08-25 at 5:30 PM, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Congratulations on overcoming the challenges of working remotely to simultaneously launch on all Platforms and bring us the best Warframe Experience yet!  We truly appreciate all the hard work and risks you take (yes, even when we get ridiculous with our feedback and expectations, we still love you guys...forgive us).

Thank YOU, DE TEAM!

This really isn't constructive feedback. It's nice that you're praising them, but it's not constructive. It tells DE nothing about the Helminth system, what works, what doesn't work, etc. Positive =/= constructive, just like Negative =/= constructive.

Admittedly I haven't tried it out in practice for obvious reasons (literally impossible to have the Helminth unlocked just yet), but I think the Dispenser nerf to 12 seconds, i.e. less than half what it normally has, is too much. In particular, if you want it for the blue orbs, you get the first one at 6 seconds in (red orb spawns pretty much immediately, ammo after 3 seconds, energy after another 3 seconds). With the 5 second cooldown on replenishing an item, that means if we stand there to collec the blue orb as it drops, the thing lives just long enough to drop another one at 11 seconds of its duration, and then expire.

You are basically required to use this in combination with Arcane Energize and/or efficiency mods, otherwise you may end up losing energy in the process if neither energy drop procs the double drop chance. In fact, if you have no Energize proc, no double drop and no efficiency mods (or worse, negative efficiency with Blind Rage), then you spend 75 energy to regain 50...

Imo that nerf should simply be reverted. The ability is a solid support for solo and group play, but not really overpowered, and even without the nerf will be a useful but niche pick for many people. I have been in many a discussion with other players questioning why I would even want to add the Dispenser onto other Warframes since there are easier ways to get energy (Zenurik, Energize, Preparation, pizzas).

Why would I bother with the Helminth system when

1- It’s a heck of a grind to get right now

2- Most of the abilities I wanted to get have been nerfed, killing any and all excitement I had for this system

3- The rest of the abilities (Decoy, Spectrorage) are undesirable at best

The nerfed abilities are still a better choice for most Warframes than any of the other (unmodded or even buffed) abilities, making the decision on which ability to pick not as difficult as it should be.

None of the abilities should have been nerfed at all because the builds for different Warframes would have brought about different decisions organically.

Take Roar, the “worst offender” on the list. It’s only a 50% damage buff at base. Had it not been changed, I would have put it on Atlas, of which my current build runs a lot of strength but little duration. To put more duration I would have had to change my build to accommodate roar.

The same could be said for the other nerfed abilities. I was hoping when Rebecca made the last post on the workshop before the update that you guys were going back on the Aug 19 nerf announcement, but alas.

This is not the feedback you are looking for, but it is relevant. I wanted to try out the Helminth system. Even with the ability nerfs, I was fine with that. There are multiple frames that I will gladly drop a none usable skill for something that provides some benefit. But... you cannot access it. Sure, I know we needed rank 3 with Demios syndicate. Initially my impression was, no big deal, I will farm these in 1-2 days. I go to Demios, do the hardest bounty, and... what the f**k is this token system? It took my like 10 minutes to even understand how can you obtain standing. A bit more to realize that leveling requires fishing and conservation.

I know this is long, but to summarize, the part of the update everyone is looking for, is buried behinds fishing and hunting simulation. Do I even need to explain why this is f*****g bull s**t?

I have not tested this, but others noted you need a Cyst to access the Helminth. This was noted by Meg few days ago, on the dev build, as a bug that would not be in the live build. So if it is, it needs to be hot fixed ASAP.

lacluster abilities still need buffed.

also some ability tweaks were unecessary dispensary and quiver both would have been much better pre tweaks. they arent broken abilities but do add much needed utility and variety to the list. the only reason they would be used is at their normal versions for utility purpose to fill in holes in peoples playstyles. the uber buff abilities like roar and warcry def deserved their nerf/tweaks however both dispensary and quiver should be reverted back to full capability. by taking away their functionality you are only narrowing the used abilities to the buff abilities even further.

(as another suggestion replace valkyres ripcord with a better ability and make ripcord one of the new helmynth abilities, very few people like it on valkyr and she needs a rework anyways, but its still a fun power for people wanting a nice infested themed frame or a jump/launch ability)

I don't mind the debuffs to the powerful abilities on the list, but it doesn't make other abilities on the list appealing.

Each ability (throughout the game, as well as on the list) need to have practical use in almost every single mission you run. There shouldn't be any niche or forced usage abilities. The issue is many of these abilities are also the exact ones you'd be replacing with other abilities with Helminth specifically because of their limited usefulness, and losing out on the ability synergies within the kit makes them even less useful to other frames that try to incorporate them into builds.

On monday after tennocon, Rebecca said on the sponsored Shy art stream that weak abilities will recieve some buffs to make them more appealing. Are there more buffs coming than just for well of life and airburst? Ice Wave, Decoy, Desiccation, Thermal sunder and some others are really underwhelming on other frames (we can determine just by looking at the abilities) and no nerf to roar and the rest will make them more appealing to use.

If you want to promote choice then you also need to buff the weakest abilities.

This is not a case of a single thing outshining everything else such as the catchmoon, this is a case of having a handful of useful abilities, which I would compare to your variety of prime pistols such as the akbolto, akstiletto, and aksomati to a bunch of horrible abilities that I would liken to the stug.  No amount of nerfing the useful abilities will ever get myself or others to take a second look at decoy, icewave, mind control, or the handful of others, you are just degrading the one thing that I have seen so far that adds any intrinsic fun to the game as a whole.  Given how the progression is souring the Deimos content, this could have been its redeeming factor, but with the current nerf mentality this is just another added disappointment that began before the content was accessible.      

Nerfing the only good abilities is backward thinking. Unless you nerf them in to oblivion we are still going to pick them; so you haven't created more choice, you've just made the entire thing less fun. What if you made the bad abilities actually good? (lol at that airburst 'buff') I know it would take more than five minutes of work, maybe you can take a break from not fixing bugs that have been in the game for seven years (Lephantis still bugs out going in to second phase).

Here is a piece of feedback, don't lock the new system everyone wants to play behind conservation which literally nobody wants to play.

I was not aware that activating the chair would remove the infested cyst without any option to cancel.  Now I am locked out of the room with my main warframe.  There really needs to be a way to undo that process.  Also, a warning about what is going happen if you choose to sit in the chair would be nice.

Archived