Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: The Helminth System Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

Ranking up the Helminth is difficult in a bad way. You are required to infuse abilities onto frames in order to consume resources so that you can feed it again, because you don't get enough XP from subsuming Warframes to get to the bonus subsume slots.

i cant be the only one who thinks it would've been better to have the old helminth room first, and get a quest to upgrade it, and the time it take for the helminth segment to be done, would actually be used on the room "renovation" instead. it also feels very bland to just buy it in the son shop, it should've, at the very least, be given as the reward for reaching rank 3.

for such a massive thing to just be left as another piece of crap you can buy feels really bad.

UX Feedback:
I would love to see a list of which warframes I have already consumed or at the very least,
have the ability to search a Warframes' name into the helminth and display his/her skill if consumed. (eg. type "Ash" and display Shuriken)

8 hours ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

It's your own fault for putting Umbral Forma on a non-primed Warframe. Deal with it. 

Dude... you don't seem to understand that people have favorite frames that won't be primed for literally years...

Your response is callous and unreasonable.

Infested Mobility does not improve over mods. it disables all mods  sprint effects and replaces them with its own effect, which is entirely undesired. 

I have a Sprinter Loki build, where I sacrifice most power to buff its sprint speed with mods. 

When I cast infested mobility in this Sprinter build, I expected to have it run faster. Instead, it runs slower than when the power is inactive. 

43 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

so leveling the helminth requires you to use it.

and that's a bad thing.

I don't mind that I have to use it, but I should be able to get to more subsume slots by subsuming. I also like to see the full list of my options when making decisions, and the combos I want to do with Helminth innate abilities are locked behind very high ranks. I'm merely saying that those first 3 slots should get me to the next set of slots, especially since I can't feed Helminth if it's full.

Bile is an enormous issue with only 9~ resources with a third of them costing somewhere in the realm of 3 hours minimum of farming. Fresnels seem especially egregious asking for 1000 of a resource that the most expensive thing for them is 20 is ludicrous. 30 excavators for a single feeding is a slog and a half. i have over 5500 hours and have been a long time player sitting on 27 mastery, and im running dry on morphics rapidly. There needs to be atleast 50% more options for bile, and a dramatic reduction in railjack material costs for feeding. I am able to use my vast reserves of resources from farming for so long to handle other categories like oxides no problem. but bile is absurdly costed and extremely limited in options and urgently needs tweaking.

It is also disheartening that trying different abilities on a frame requires you to infuse it each time you change it instead of permanently letting you swap. This dramatically limits creativity and experimentation. A point you emphasized significantly, and even made nerfs to encourage, but the system makes it prohibitively expensive to have fun and try unusual things rather than simply picking strongest options once and being done with it. Once we infuse an ability on a frame it should be free to swap at will. This is in addition to the restrictive costs of infusing and subsuming to begin with compounding on the restrictions of experimenting.

Please encourage diversity by making experimentation and diversity more forgiving and less punishing. This is guaranteeing many players will only infuse 1 ability per frame on average, and only subsume the most important abilities, and excluding weaker ones due to it not being worth the *months* of farming it would cost to add silly/fun options.

1 hour ago, Traubenzuckr said:

people are terrible. they just want everything to be trivial and dumbed down so they can have it all and have it now. i oppose these people vehemently. 

DE and their dedicated staff must remember how seemless and fun and exciting the JOURNEY was for so many of us!

We NEED that now more than ever...more than any new option or mode or feature!

You can’t be the baker who always hypes the Icing (Helminth) on the beautiful chocolate cake (Classic Warframe Combat) or it’s decorative beauty (Open World artistry of Deimos is breathtaking) and then when people buy in whole-heartedly and the baker has laced it with peaches and other things they HAVE to eat but didn’t ask for to enjoy the chocolate cake...eventually it will all mix and taste like...bile.

Vets here understand grind.  I’ve done it for 5 years on the daily.  DE HAS me as a customer due to past experience...not future innovation.  This is about lack of fun and entertainment value WITHIN THE GRIND.

Warframe CANNOT become a game of ever-increasing pain-tolerance and pain-avoidance and time-sink buy-outs to get that next shiny thing.  

And Helminth is a BIG deal...came out of left field.  Took the best part of an established combat system and threw more choice and innovation into it.  We were REALLY excited for it!

But to GET there...some of us just feel the game has in many ways been purposely changed to something to be endured...at times punishing those of us who just wanted a way to continue to grind through the wonderful combat that, no matter HOW DE tries to innovate or change Warframe, has always been, by FAR, the best part of the journey even after all these years.

I don’t know...is seemless progression through immersive fun something that DOESN’T pay the bills in Warframe’s F2P business model? Is that just human nature?

Because I reward for a positive experience and want to play through content...I don’t pay to avoid the negative or bypass content.

Fin

You guys want me to spend a week or two, feed the Helminth the frames I built and the vast majority of my resources, for nerfed versions of abilities?

I love Heart of Deimos, but you guys really dropped the ball with the Helminth. It had potential, it was exciting. But now it’s just another wasted idea on the pile.

Lunaro, Pvp, Railjack, Helminth.

What is the point of putting the hard work in if you’re going to sabotage your own ideas?

Do what you used to, listen to your playerbase. Please.

Edit;

I will grind for new content, dangle a shiny in front of me and I will go ham unlocking it. But the Helminth system isn’t new content. It’s abilities I’ve been using for years. You can’t expect this much effort for recycled content.

PS, did you forget that clans exist?

The Helminth system has crippled any new clan from starting up, how can you expect players to donate resources when they need millions for their Helminth?

Would be nice if Daughter or Son put together some new improvements for our Codex Scanner. 

Also, don't pay too much attention to the people whining about nerfed abilities. Helminth customization is a straight up boost to every build in every situation, and even the "nerfed" abilities will be popular.

I have never posted on forums before but these resource costs are stupid ridiculous...you nerfed abilities because you didn't want them meta/go to, yet even those players that have played for years can only subsume a few what do you think you'd are pushing us too?  YOU are literally forcing us to wait and see what meta is and then subsume that ability and be done.  Congratulations...you just played yourself.

All right so, Roar and Warcry is nerfed because of concern where it would 1. invalidates the frame that have them and 2. Making the other option more palatable but;

for 1. It wouldn't invalidate Rhino or valkyr majorly because empower exist, practically speaking they can still offer the highest buff value cause they can have the buff ability and empower then;

2. The other options are not more desired because they're very bleh compared to a more generally applicable abilities, where even shock or smite would still be more desired than say, decoy or mind control.

Also, I noticed that you can have a Volt with Smite, therefore you have this Volt build where you can have Shock Trooper and Smite Infusion, offering a rather noticeable damage buffing capability. Will that also be nerfed cause it seems to be rather strong in a certain game content that is so vehemently made harder artificially

9 hours ago, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

-snip-

I'm not sure I qualify as a veteran, with maybe 1.5yrs in the game, but I am not having any trouble at all with the resources. I've got five warframes subsumed so far, none of my resources are low, and that's even with me burning an obscene amount the first day (before I figured out the up/down arrow thing).

Of course my experience won't be universal - everyone plays the game differently - but I think my experience is a noteworthy counterpoint to the narrative that the resource consumption is out of reach for the average player.

That said, 60 Son tokens to gild all the new pets might kill me. 😛

I think that Bile Costs should be reduced as well as Cryoatic, but that's really it. I honestly think that Helminth is fun and I am glad to hear that some of Helminth's abilities are actually fairly useful. I would love to see some more Helminth abilities released in the future. Maybe something that could work with sentinels or maybe an ability that has tentacles come out of the ground (similar to the new Jugulus mods). 

I do feel that Larva's range could use a slight boost, maybe to 9m or 10m. 

Also I do think that some of the "weaker" abilities could actually become more appealing to users if their augment mods were buffed a little bit. For example, the Resonator's Conductor augment could release a small radial effect that stuns enemies (the range being increased if it has picked up a mallet). 

Ok. So I subsumed 3 frames now. And used couple abilities. And gotta say, so far I am well impressed.

Sitting on Helminth level 6 and slowly getting to understand the long game. This is finally a system that takes time and rewards for it.

Now, before anyone hates on me, not long ago I was still MR 23, now hit MR 26. 4000+ spent with 2000+ hours in missions (rest probably decorating Dojo, which is OPPOSITE of saving resources mind you). So not really sitting on mountains of resources.

That being said, I hit level 6 after 3 days. That's a bit too fast for my taste. I see why people wouldn't like amount of resources demanded to sacrifice, but it falls more under not understanding system itself. It is SUPPOSED to take time. If you rush - it will cost you. Effectiveness dropping from 30% to 3% is great, stops from burning through content and should stop people from burning through resources. Most of your resources are red? Then maybe it's time to STOP feeding and hop into couple missions. You know, play the game.

I know we have been hyped and starved for such a unique feature. But if you eat fast all you get is a painful stomach. Take note from Helminth (or Barry or Azroth, whatever you named it) and digest. Slowly.

Edit: Also, regarding MR 8. I think it's clever after all. It gives a taste of what it is without being overwhelming and straight out accessible. Barrier doesn't always have to come from MR. It comes purely from playing game.

Edit 2: I had to farm a fair bit myself to stock up on rare resources I avoided on feeding. So I get it. The need, the rush. But seeing how this system has been built - pick 2, 3 frames you want to subsume for start. And take it slow. It is more fun this way.

Edit 3: Funny enough Helminth alone might be a good reason enough to populate Steel Path with it's resource drop chance booster. Sounds like a good idea to extend it's purpose. I like it.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)RAG is NAROK said:

I think that Bile Costs should be reduced as well as Cryoatic, but that's really it. I honestly think that Helminth is fun and I am glad to hear that some of Helminth's abilities are actually fairly useful. I would love to see some more Helminth abilities released in the future. Maybe something that could work with sentinels or maybe an ability that has tentacles come out of the ground (similar to the new Jugulus mods). 

I do feel that Larva's range could use a slight boost, maybe to 9m or 10m. 

Also I do think that some of the "weaker" abilities could actually become more appealing to users if their augment mods were buffed a little bit. For example, the Resonator's Conductor augment could release a small radial effect that stuns enemies (the range being increased if it has picked up a mallet). 

on the day of helminth update i had 277k cryotic and previously i donated 200k to the clan. now i still have 270ish k

8 minutes ago, Wawus said:

Ok. So I subsumed 3 frames now. And used couple abilities. And gotta say, so far I am well impressed.

Sitting on Helminth level 6 and slowly getting to understand the long game. This is finally a system that takes time and rewards for it.

Now, before anyone hates on me, not long ago I was still MR 23, now hit MR 26. 4000+ spent with 2000+ hours in missions (rest probably decorating Dojo, which is OPPOSITE of saving resources mind you). So not really sitting on mountains of resources.

That being said, I hit level 6 after 3 days. That's a bit too fast for my taste. I see why people wouldn't like amount of resources demanded to sacrifice, but it falls more under not understanding system itself. It is SUPPOSED to take time. If you rush - it will cost you. Effectiveness dropping from 30% to 3% is great, stops from burning through content and should stop people from burning through resources. Most of your resources are red? Then maybe it's time to STOP feeding and hop into couple missions. You know, play the game.

I know we have been hyped and starved for such a unique feature. But if you eat fast all you get is a painful stomach. Take note from Helminth (or Barry or Azroth, whatever you named it) and digest. Slowly.

Edit: Also, regarding MR 8. I think it's clever after all. It gives a taste of what it is without being overwhelming and straight out accessible. Barrier doesn't always have to come from MR. It comes purely from playing game.

Edit 2: I had to farm a fair bit myself to stock up on rare resources I avoided on feeding. So I get it. The need, the rush. But seeing how this system has been built - pick 2, 3 frames you want to subsume for start. And take it slow. It is more fun this way.

Edit 3: Funny enough Helminth alone might be a good reason enough to populate Steel Path with it's resource drop chance booster. Sounds like a good idea to extend it's purpose. I like it.

the problem is, its uneeded, for a mr8. most mr 8 players will see this as something they NEED TO GET as soon as possible. however the system is a massive resource sink. it will screw up their progression. mr is not perfect, but its the closest thing we have to mark how much experience a player has. even if someone stays 7 years as a mr1, he is not the majority, mr should have something big to serve as the carrot making people seek out higher mr.

8 minutes ago, Keyhound said:

the problem is, its uneeded, for a mr8. most mr 8 players will see this as something they NEED TO GET as soon as possible. however the system is a massive resource sink. it will screw up their progression. mr is not perfect, but its the closest thing we have to mark how much experience a player has. even if someone stays 7 years as a mr1, he is not the majority, mr should have something big to serve as the carrot making people seek out higher mr.

I agree, that MR should have more meaning. But it doesn't. Even with Helminth there is no need to level up vanilla frames that have prime versions. This is a larger issue with gameplay focus. We want a game where "My Progress Matters" when DE is creating "Catch Them All". No need to force MR restrictions to create artificial need to progress.

I'd rather have something badass at MR 30 to have this carrot. Becuase I doubt we can be satisfied with anything else distribiuted every MR Rank Up. We got loadouts, standing and void traces caps up and let's face it, we don't care. Until players and DE decide to play the same game we won't find understanding and instead of meaningful leveling profile we'll keep playing space pokemon with weapons.

I will end discussion here to avoid cluttering feedback thread.

To reference it to Helminth, maybe we should be able to subsume only level 30 Warframes? This would fix neglecting frames that have prime counterparts. Just an idea.

Archived