Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Xaku Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

Having played Xaku a bit, I do agree with the (what I can tell) general consensus that they aren't in a good place, and had some ideas for each ability while throwing a V polarity  on em.

0: The Passive. It does feel a bit underwhelming (Feels kind of a pallet-swap of Nyx's) I saw a suggestion before to make it so she could replace more than one ability with Helminth ones and while it would be interesting to have a custom built Warframe, base ability synergy is something to consider. In my opinion, the Passive should have some kind of an offensive leaning: maybe giving a some energy each time damage gets "ignored". that could also synergise with the bonus to this the ultimate has to alleviate the energy problem, but we'll get there when we get there. As an alternative suggestion, maybe have the passive switch its effect depending on which ability is currently selected in The Lost, as it has the most potential out of all the other abilities.

1: Xata's whisper. I think its the most well implemented mechanic-wise, with the only change I would Like to see is have it castable while reloading a weapon, as I could see a satisfying gameplay of refreshing a buff while reloading a long weapon (Chakurr). the biggest drawback with it would be void damage in general, which I think should do a bit more damage by either bypassing resistances (Ala direct health damage from slash and such) this could also have the side effect of making operators a bit more fun to run around killing stuff in higher levels.

2: Grasp of Lohk. Range. Range. Range. Either have a bigger range or have it be an aoe on the target enemy, Like Gaze. Currently Grasp is my choice for if I Helminth any ability on Xaku. And I think that it should use at least the primary IPS type of the weapon pulled, with the void damage added to it. It should be at least on par with Sentinel weapons per stolen weapon, but again, that range makes it a bit awkward to use.

3: The Lost. As above, I think this is the best thematic ability Xaku has, and definitely has the most  potential for gameplay flow, but like Grasp of Lohk above, being able to use it combat is janky atm. And in regards to the Helminth interaction I mentioned in the passive, maybe have her able to replace one or all three of these with helminth abilities?
A: Accuse. I think After Nyx's Psychic Bolts, It seems confusing that another ability would have a "cannot be recast until all the enemies under its effect are dead or it wears off" on it, and just having the same way of recasting it that Psychic Bolts has now, and Accuse would be a great way of Mass Mind control. or at the very least, a cast-and-forget abilty, just to keep the combat flow going.
B: Gaze. of all three of these abilites, Gaze has the most potential for Higher-level play, and just like Grasp of Lohk: Range. Range. Range. either the range needs some tweaking or have some effect like Titania/some attraction effect like mags magnetise to have enemies group in it slightly, as it is frustrating in the case of the Grineer or Corpus ranged units avoiding the AoE. I think the balance on the Defense Reduction is great, 200% power strength feels alright for the 100% reduction, In my opinion at least.
C: Deny. The Casting of this is the rough part of the ability; being able to cast it on the move would make more sense, but If I could make another suggestion: Have it so when the button is held, it channels the beam ala the default operator ability prior to any amps. (I've been so far removed from using that I forgot its still in the game, until another Tenno in my Iso Vault runs used it and reminded me haha!). If the channeled beam is taken, have the CC part of the ability only trigger on its deactivation, if you consider it too ridiculous to constantly CC everything.

4: The Vast Untime. As with, I think, everyone else, either have the energy drain or a duration for the effect, not both. I think if a frame is to have a massive Energy dump ability like this, it needs to have a way of regaining said energy, thus the Idea I had above of having Xaku's Passive give energy like rage for the times it procs the evade effect. even if that gets added in, the intial energy cost is much to high to also have a drain afterward, especially since the abilities nature (void damage Increase) makes you want to spam Xaku's damage abilities afterward, but you have no more energy or the effect wears off immediately. My Idea, which is two-pronged, is this: First,  have the debuff the ability applies be a duration not related to the effect on Xaku (typing this up im not 100% sure if it does this already or not, my apologies if thats the case). Second: Have the ability to charge it like Hydroid's abilities or Vauban teslas. have the charged cost of the cast can be more in line with its current state, but increase the range and damage. In the regards of Energy economy on the frame, you could also have an effect like taking damage while charging the cast could reduce the cost of the cast itself, until it could be cast for free. Could make sense, either using energy contained in the frame to cause the explosion, or utilize the incoming damage for the force.

Apologies if this was too long/too winded, but My brain worked on overdrive while Forma'ing Xaku up, and started just typing down my ideas
also as a heads up, Xaku has No railjack ability. Might I suggest Accuse?

Xaku isn’t so much “broken” as fragmented and health together by Void Energy.

Because is this, I think Xaku’s powers should thematically diversify in a unique way more along the lines of “where science and reason fail”.

As a Void-powered Weapon here is my unique suggestion along this theme:

Void-Powered Inversion:

When cast, adds 10%/20%/30% Void Damage to the CURRENTLY EQUIPPED weapon AND inverts (flips) Status and Crit Chance by 50%/75%/100%.

(For instance, a 30% base status/10% base Crit weapon temporarily becomes a 10% base status/30% base Crit weapon at lvl 3).

Welp, let's get to business and constructive feedback ASAP.

• Passive - Xaku has a 25% chance that shots will pass right through them!
  • Xata’s Whisper - Add Void damage to all your attacks!
  • Grasp of Lohk - Take the enemy’s weapons and use them to fight back!
  • The Lost - Cycle through one of three abilities:
    • Accuse - create an area that turns enemies within its radius on their former allies!
    • Gaze - Trap enemies in a Void Cage, reducing Armor and Shields of other enemies in range
    • Deny - fire a Void beam that strips Sentient resistances, and hold aloft any survivors!
  • The Vast Untime - Shed your outer layers to increase your passive evasion chance to 75%, and gain a speed boost! Cast it again to reform!

PASSIVE
They have passive similar to Nyx, i must say, and it's not like it's not fine cuz 1/4 chance to not get hit is nice BUT since you have your 4 (and it's kinda your survivability boost) passive kind of irrelevant compare to Vast Untime. Also it's unclear if this passive bonus can be stacked with other evasion mods or nah.
Problem: there is similar passive (Nyx) and her 4 is way better (and worse) compared to this.
Suggestion: neither make something different OR make it that you can stack evasion on-top of this passive 

XATA'S WHISPER
Void damage is not a problem, it's nice addition to the gameplay. It's good against sentients but - my oh my - we see 'em not so much this days, we face different enemies and obstacles.
Problem: Void dmg type is really weak against armored enemies, has no bonuses against most of the factions (and it also seems to mess up total DMG calculation so far, 29.08.2020 dated). Status effect is niche, but it's still better than GAS (R.I.P. gas)
Suggestion: rework void damage, make it ignore all (or at least ALOT of armor) defences of the target (since it can strip sentients off their adapts it fits theme of the damage very well, cuz you can't deal anything about it), add some true % damage based off of enemies max HP on status effect (hello slash-bro) or really small % with each shot in general (which would be even cooler, especially if you can buff the % with power STR. So this way Xaky will always feel good on any LVL. And if you, by any chance choose this suggestion and add % true dmg on each shot - don't make it really low, cuz 1% of enemies max HP on-hit is kinda awkward, at least 3% if you can mod it and 7-9% if you don't)
Second suggestion: make that you can deal DMG to the Eidolon shields with it, but if we would be able to kill 'em with Xaku only it could be unfair SO it would be cool if we was able to do such a thing anyway

GRASP OF LOHK
Concept is nice, idea is good. Buut when you use it - naah, could be way better.
Problem: ability has short range, damage is disappointing most of the time and stealed guns has little to no firerate.
Suggestion: make so that this thing literally steal weapons and buff it via power strenght (imaginestealing x5 ogris from 150 lvl bombard or heavy gunner or juno crewman) BUT what if infested? Bitey-bitey OR you could make it semi-exalted weapon that can use mods OR add some damage amplifier to it over-time. And firerate. This thing really need some firerate.

THE LOST
Too many words so let's pick one-by-one shall we?
Accuse
Problem: it feels off the whole kit a bit? No synergy so far and little to no benefit except a bit of CC
Suggestion: make converted enemies go on a rampage, boostin their movement speed, attack speed or etc., give 'em a chance to drop an energy orb on death/additional loot on death? 
Gaze
Good ability, but could be mich better
Problem: really slow cast-time, small range by default, overlapping gaze's area of effect does nothing.
Suggestion: make it faster and add some radius and make that overlapping AoE will strip defences completely OR make that enemies that gazed just walk towards nearest enemy, prioritizing eximus units and slowing enemies in AoE.
Suggestion #2: make enemies in AoE weak to void dmg. Like really weak.
Deny
Voidbeam! Looks cool tho.
Problem: too thin and slow
Suggestion: make it thicc and fast OR add some range (or make that you can buff thiccness via range or efficiency, efficiency would be cool and unique)

THE VAST UNTIME
Cool ability, really like how it looks. But... here we go again.
Problem: too slow for what it does and how it should be used - to debuff enemies in Aoe around you. If you do that, at some point you will be dead while casting this ability. R.I.P. Also drains energy like crazy.
Suggestion: make animation a bit faster or add invulnerability while casting. Make that you can add some more evasion via mods or other sources, with a 99% evasion cap. Also remove energy drain or remove/reduce 100 energy cost and leave as toggle on/off.

P.S.

Спойлер

Xaku is cool, just need a bit of numbers to be great and some minor additions to abilities

P.P.S.

Спойлер

Zephyr. Rework. When. ?.

• Fundamentally: Being a "broken" warframe is not a reason to have a kit that is so totally disjointed. It has a damage buff, except its damage is terrible. It has CC, except it's super unreliable and generally not recastable. It has no damage reduction or healing but also terrible base defensive stats, which is just not workable in a game where you just introduced enemies with heat-seeking bonemerangs that inflict gas and slash procs that tick for more than Xaku has health.
  • Every ability animation feels like it was intentionally slowed down with the expectation that people would run Natural Talent. Knock that off.
  • 1: Void is a terrible damage type, and 1 doesn't even give you very much of it. Putting a void damage bonus on 4 does not help either, because it's an expensive ability with an upkeep that you're basically asking people to spam-reapply as enemies die. Also, there's the disappointment that it does not work on Eidolons. Resetting sentient resistances does not need to be tied to doing void damage (see: Paracesis), so just put a 30-second "weapons reset Sentient resistances" buff on Deny and get rid of 1. Replace it with pretty much anything as long as it gives damage reduction.
  • 2: Has terrible range, which is really bad when this frame is so squishy and a disarm would be a nice way to mitigate that, and would do terrible damage even if it used a decent damage type. Needs a range buff, to do IPS damage, and have level scaling like Vauban or Grendel.
  • 3(1): Oh boy, another Mind Control ability. This one doesn't even increase their damage output. Get rid of the mind control part and make it a targeted nuke that leeches health.
  • 3(2): Would be fine if base range was like tripled and and base strength was like 70% at max rank.
  • 3(3): Fine as a "boy I sure hate sentients" ability. Needs to do scaling damage (even if only on non-sentients) and, as I said above, buff weapons with sentient resistance reset.
  • 4: What is this mess of an ability? Debuffs enemies on-hit, has a duration but also a channeling cost, and needs to be deactivated to recast to affect new enemies with its debuffs. Evasion buff is a lie, it does not stack with the passive. If you really want to keep this ability, and I don't know why because "uh they explode" was like the hallmark of a terrible lazy kit in the suggestions thread, the slow needs to be an aura and the channeling cost needs to go. Just get rid of the void damage nonsense on everything but Deny.

After putting a couple of forma into Xaku, here are my current thoughts on what could be changed:

Xata's Whisper: This is honestly fine as-is for me. Sure Void has bad damage resistances and no bonuses, but that's what Vast Untime is for. The main draw of Void damage is the status effect, and that works just fine.

Grasp of Lohk: Keep the steal radius, but remove the cap on how many weapons can be stolen within that radius, and let the damage be affected by Xata's Whisper. Also, extend the targeting range and let it scale with ability range.

The Lost: Minor tweaks all around. Accuse is mostly fine, although I would personally let it stun all enemies in range and still cap the number of converted enemies. Gaze could use a small bump in the base radius by 1 or 2 meters, and is otherwise great. And Deny could use 1) a thicker beam so that it doesn't only hit like one enemy after passing between two others, and 2) it needs to be able to benefit from Xata's Whisper.

The Vast Untime: This needs one major change above all else. Either make it straight duration based and remove the energy over time cost, or reduce the activation cost, remove the duration, and make it a straight channeled ability. Additionally, make the boost to evasion higher, and let the Void blast damage benefot from Xata's Whisper.

After providing feedback in the megathread, I want to put together a comprehensive set of suggestions for Xaku's eventual revision in the coming weeks:

Xata's Whisper

• Add a 15 meter radius around Xaku that grants their allies in range, 50% of the modded damage bonus (e.g. 26% for Xaku, 13% for allies). Xaku is still the only one to benefit from Sentient resistance reset with Whisper to keep their role as an anti-Sentient fighter.
  • Allies include both Warframes and Companions.
  • Range of the aura affected by Ability Range.
  • Ally Void damage bonus is unmoddable (always 50% of Xaku's bonus)

Grasp of Lohk

• Xata's Whisper now applies all of its benefits to weapons stolen with Grasp of Lohk.
  • Added a status chance to Void replicas, allowing them to proc the Void status effect.
  • 10 meter disarm radius is now a targeted area centered on the aiming reticle, with a cast range of 25 meters. Affected by Ability Range.
  • Casting animation sped up by 50%.
  • Void replica firing range is now a static, unmoddable 15 meters from Xaku.
  • Can now recast to steal new weapons, existing replicas will disappear.

The Lost

• All three abilities' casting animations are now upper-body to allow movement, animations also sped up by 50%.

Accuse

• Can now be recast. Recasting releases all old targets.

Gaze

• Defense reduction radius increased to 10 meters.
  • Can now Gaze up to 3 targets max.

Deny

• Xata's Whisper now applies all of its benefits to Deny.
  • Deny's damage also scales with enemy level.
  • Added a 2 meter thickness and area of effect on impact to the beam that apply both damage and lift to enemies inside. Not affected by mods.
  • Can lock onto an enemy targeted directly on your aiming reticle.

The Vast Untime

• Xaku is invulnerable for 3 seconds on cast. Not affected by mods.
  • Procs Void status effect on enemies hit by the blast.
  • Damage (and proc) still require line of sight, while Void vulnerability and slow now applies on all enemies in the radius regardless of sight.
  • Instead of energy drain, now provides energy regen per second (1 / 2 / 2.5 / 3). Not affected by mods.
  • 75% dodge and passive 25% dodge chances are now two separate chances.

Xaku has been presented as a Warframe that should actively and tactically cast their abilities often, while staying on the move to dodge attacks coming their way. Given this type of playstyle, the above ideas aim to let them excel at mobile assault with weapons and abilities (Xata), with close range (Grasp) and long range (Deny) burst damage and CC (Accuse) combined, area debuffing (Gaze and Vast Untime), as well as a way to sustain it with some energy regen. With that versatility, they are still a glass cannon, fragile and reliant on mobility.

Thanks for reading, looking forward to a better Xaku.

Before adding void status procs all over the place those need to be altered. As it stands they prevent headshots entirely and are a detriment to anyone relying on hitting enemies anywhere but their chest. Hell most of Xakus stuff can be fixed by making void damage/status better in general. Like the proc guaranteeing headshots and the damage bypassing resistances entirely. 

Ive also found that the grasp seems to be severely underestimated. If you manage to land it and get 10 guns it will tear through stuff. But its scaling is poor, which is where the main problem lies. With the altered void damage it would go from having trouble against armored enemies to tearing through almost anything i suspect.

Other than that i agree entirely with the proposed changes.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Silverback73:

Void-Powered Inversion:

When cast, adds 10%/20%/30% Void Damage to the CURRENTLY EQUIPPED weapon AND inverts (flips) Status and Crit Chance by 50%/75%/100%.

(For instance, a 30% base status/10% base Crit weapon temporarily becomes a 10% base status/30% base Crit weapon at lvl 3).

Based on your suggestion it would be very interesting to see all the new possibilities of weapon modding. I somehow hope DE use this idea

OK first of all i'd like to say that i love xaku and his abilities in general BUT the stats though?very underwhelming

His 1st abilities' buff is barely noticeable and sometimes feels as if my damage output had been reduced(plz rework void damage)

His 2nd ability is just wow, its so underwhelming that i cant even find the words, its range is too short, like why do i need to be in melee range to steal the enemies' gun And also have to be in melee range for the guns to fire? how does that even make sense with xaku who's a squishy frame? not only that the damage output are also a lackluster, the fire rate of the guns are also bad( would've been great if his 2nd ability could get his first ability's buff)

His 3rd abilities are, again bad, "ACCUSE" dont protect the targets that under my control, "GAZE" has a duration that is too low and the range is too small, "DENY" i just dont use cause it's useless.

His 4th ult cant even be called that, there are other frames that can do all it does BETTER, it's damage is not even noticeable, the only thing its good for is to destroy caches in a big room for resources.

all in all XAKU NEEDS a BIG buff on ALL his abilities when it comes to: DURATION,SYNERGY,ENERGY EFFICIENCY, DAMAGE OUTPUT, RANGE.

ok so there are many problems with xaku the thing im afraid that they will lave in is his passive its useless and bland xaku is not tanky and that can be fixed by just reworking his passive to involve armor or something to help us survive 

his first is ok its nothing special it helps with sentients and thats about it 

his second needs a cast animation boost i can get killed while im casting it and also you have to be in their face to steal the wepons also you cant re-cast it????

third is really baaaaad it has one good ability witch needs 200% power strength to strip all of the defences and thats bad because we need to add range,energy max,health or shield,and efficiency plus he is a energy hungry warframe.Accuse is ok-ish since grasp of lohk does not attack the enemies you CC i would change that.Deny is useless just remove it pls?

and we come to his ult its useless first of all it costs a hand and a leg of energy to cast and when you cast it it still drains and is on a timer??????? whaaaa then enemies are slowed witch i would cnange it to stun them and bonus void damage is ok but we have his first soooo yeh 

I love the theme. I think there's potential here, but needs a few tweaks.

Void as a damage type

A lot of what I say references the issues with void damage. A lot of the tougher enemies in warframe actively resist void damage. Xaku's damage would be a lot more appealing if it weren't severely at a disadvantage against almost all grineer and all the stronger infested (the ones you'd actually want a damage bonus against). There's also nothing that void damage is actively strong against in terms of damage bonuses. The only thing it's at an advantage against is sentients, due to resetting resistances, but that's something every operator can already do. Also, we don't fight sentients that often, so it feels like Xaku's niche is hypothetical, for future challenges that aren't in the game yet; This makes them a lot less satisfying to play in the here and now.

I would like to see either it be neutral across the board, or a few bonuses added in so there are some situations where void damage is desirable. I think the first solution is more elegant, but either would make Xaku more appealing.

Passive:

I feel like this is a bit underwhelming given that in situations  where survivability matters, the remaing % of attacks you're going to take will kill you pretty fast. This basically led me to having my 4 on as much as possible anyway, which basically just boosts this to 75%. That makes it feel more like part of the 4, and not an actual distinct passive.

1st Ability

This is fine in concept, but suffers from being void damage. Additionally, the numbers feel a bit low compared to other similar abilities. Ember, Volt, Frost etc with their damage buff augments reach 100% damage at base strength, where xaku is at 26% at base. While I can understand it being a bit weaker due to not having to give up a mod slot, almost 1/4 of the damage is a bit too far. I'd suggest 75% at base, but this coupled with the damage type being generally weak makes the first ability very underwhelming.

2nd Ability

This feels frustrating to use due to it's low base range. The fact it also converts into void damage means it runs into the problems with void damage seen above. A fine defensive tool though.

Please make this recastable at will.

3rd Ability

Accuse - I rarely find myself in situations where I want mind control, because killing them is often the better answer. I've basically never used this outside of a couple tries to see how it works. Feels like a decent ability in a different game.

Gaze - The shining star of this selection. 100% defense strip is very poweful. I wish the range were a little bigger, or the casting time a bit shorter so it's easier to set up multiple to cover more ground.

Deny - Some average CC, some average damage. Neither feels worth 75 energy. Barely used. The base damage number is actually pretty big, but it suffers the void damage problem.

4th Ability

I echo the feedback it being either a channel or a duration, not both.

If void damage were made neutral against all enemies, this ability makes it into something that Xaku can uniquely wield against enemies with an advantage, rather than what it currently does which just takes away the disadvantage against the grineer and infested. The way this feels to use against the corpus should be how it feels to use against every faction.

That said, the void vulnerability is one of the most appealing aspects of this ability, yet I have to constantly recast it to benefit from it. What I would like this ability to be is a channel that applies that vulnerability constantly, rather than something I need to spam all the time.

The whole package

I feel like theres a fun playstyle waiting to emerge, where you're buffing your weapons, stripping defenses and creating a vulnerability in your enemies that no other warframe can. I also feel like every time I try to make this happen, I end up falling short of that idea. I end up playing a frame who's best trick is to strip armour and awkwardlly hope the enemies run into the area i've created to take them down in, all the while taking a lot of damage from all the shots i'm not dodging every time i cast gaze. I don't end up using the 1 because I barely see any benefit, even if I have managed to clip them with the burst from the 4. At which point, I might as well be mag using her 3, or nyx using her 2, because they'd having an easier time doing what I'm trying to do (make the best of the strongest tools xaku has available).

There is potential here, but Xaku just isn't there yet. But I believe they can be with some adjustments.

Also, as a closing note - it means a lot to me that there's a frame that uses they/them. This NB person thanks you for that.

Grasp of Lohk - The reason this ability Can't be good is the same reason Nyx's Mind Control Can't be good: Enemy Weapons are not designed to kill enemies. The damage they need to do is much smaller than the damage wee need to deal to them.

Solution - The ability disarms the enemy and displays its Image floating near you. However, the Stats are a generic "Gun" that reads the mods on your Primary Weapon. That way the Ability damage scales with your progress through the game. MR1-MR30 This ability is only limited by your ability to mod a weapon. THIS is the reason Wukong's Clone is good. 

FYI: This would also be PERFECT for Nyx's Mind Control.

My Xaku feedback.

Xata's Whisper: Void damage is the worst damage type in game, having exactly no damage bonuses and being 25% resisted by Cloned Flesh and Fossilised health types. This, in addition to the low damage bonus provided by Xata's Whisper (26%) means this ability just isn't impactful.

Proposed solutions: improve Void damage's damage bonuses: instead of the two resists, give Void damage a blanket 25% bonus vs all health types. This improves Xata's Whisper by making the damage bonus count for more. Additionally, I'd also like to see an improvement of Xata's Whisper's granted damage bonus, as a similar type of ability, the elemental frame augments such as Shock Trooper or Smite Infusion, grant 100% damage bonus at base to all allies in range. This does come with the opportunity cost of using a mod slot, so I don't think Xata's Whisper should affect allies or be quite as strong as these augments: perhaps a value of 75% at max rank?

Grasp of Lohk: The scaling with enemy level simply isn't enough: a Xaku with 200% power strength will deal 10,000 Void damage a shot to a level 100 enemy. While a level 100 Elite Grineer Lancer will have 136,914.46 eHP, Void damage deals 25% less damage to Cloned Flesh, so only 7500 damage will get through, leading to 19 shots to kill a Lancer. Not the best start, but Xaku will have multiple guns at once so that 19 shots is less that it seems. If we look at difficult targets such as a Heavy Gunner, we have a eHP of 700,737.9, or 94 shots.

Proposed solutions: If the above Void damage buff is implemented, the shots will go from 7500 to 15000 plus ignoring 25% of enemy armour, which is already a large damage bonus. After that, the only nitpick is gun targeting being arbitrary, which can be solved by a change to another ability.

The Lost:

Gaze: No issues here, this ability is pretty good as is. Perhaps give the defense reduction aura a lingering period after an enemy exits the aura where the effect stays active? No more than a second or two would be necessary.

Accuse: Accuse falls into the same pit Revenant Enthrall does: enemies are terrible at damaging each other as enemy damage scaling is far outstripped by enemy health scaling. Enthrall gets around this by making enthralled enemies more useful dead than alive, via the lingering pillar that fires bolts and Reave dealing more damage to Enthralled enemies.

Proposed solutions: make Accused enemies also more useful dead, by having them explode for 500 + 10% of max HP damage on death.

Deny: 4000 base damage is weighty at low levels, but falls off at higher levels. The CC effect is okay, but a circular AOE such as Accuse's AOE is better for stopping enemies attacking you.

Proposed solutions: make Deny also deal a proportion of enemy base HP as damage, similar to Photon Strike and Flechette Orb. Additionally, have guns stolen by Grasp of Lohk prioritise enemies hit by Deny, giving the ability a focused damage niche compared to Gaze's debuffing hard targets and the changed Accuse's AOE damage.

The Vast Untime: 100 energy on cast plus 4 energy/sec is incredibly expensive. It is, in fact, the most expensive ability in game tied with Prism, which the effects do not warrant. Furthermore, the 75% Evasion is impractical, as explosive attacks bypass the dodge chance.

Proposed solutions: lower energy cost to 50, remove energy drain over time. Change ability from channeled to single cast, as it already has a duration. Change the Evasion stat to work on explosions.

On 2020-08-21 at 3:07 PM, SilverBones said:

Passive - Xaku has a 25% chance that shots will pass right through them!

It is a passive. Nothing to impressive but it is fine the way it is.

Xata’s Whisper - Add Void damage to all your attacks!

For its cost it is serviceable. Void damage isn't amazing and really only useful in a couple of select situations, but for the energy cost it is an ok damage boost to your guns. 

Grasp of Lohk - Take the enemy’s weapons and use them to fight back!

So, this could be a cool ability. But the base damage and duration are so low that it really isn't worth the energy to cast. Up the damage and base duration and this is fine.

The Lost - Cycle through one of three abilities:

• Accuse - create an area that turns enemies within its radius on their former allies!
  • Gaze - Trap enemies in a Void Cage, reducing Armor and Shields of other enemies in range
  • Deny - fire a Void beam that strips Sentient resistances, and hold aloft any survivors!

Oh boy, ok, where to start? Accuse is a good bit of CC, Gaze is some nice utility, and Deny is good for trouble targets since it has damage and a CC aspect. That being said the base duration and the energy cost of this move is just terrible. If it is going to cost, without mods, 75 energy per cast then I should be able to have more than one of these effects out at a time or something. But, since that isn't the case, this ability is way to costly for its function. Reduce the cost to 50 energy and change the duration to 11 / 14 / 17 / 20 s (duration per rank) and this ability would be perfect.

The Vast Untime - Shed your outer layers to increase your passive evasion chance to 75%, and gain a speed boost! Cast it again to reform!

This ability is fine, just remove the upkeep cost since there is already a finite duration to this skill.

Over all I like the concept of Xaku and an awesome frame is there, just muddled in abilities that are too expensive for their effects. Again, I think DE did a bang up job on the concept and delivered some unique abilities that giver a lot of options with how to play this frame, just needs some polish and attention

I have a pretty big problem with obtaining Xaku! You have to basically complete all of Fortuna's content before you can get Xaku. Why would they do that?! Requiring max standing with Solaris United and beating the Orb Mother multiple times seems like a punishing requirement for getting a warframe that shouldn't really be tied to another planet's progression. I understand that logically the warframe is made of components from other places, but do they have to be gated so harshly? Shouldn't the hardest components come from Deimos? Hildryn, Baruuk, Garuda, Gara, and Revenant all require rare materials from their own planet to craft!

Obviously people who have been playing steadily for years won't find this to be a problem, but I've sunk hundreds of hours into the game already, and I'm still two ranks away from max with Solaris United. Forcing me to leave Deimos' content in order to farm Fortuna standing for days, or even weeks, feels really crappy. Just change the gravimags to something rare from Deimos, please!

No one ever mentioned it, but I'm still confused why Gaze have to make target enemy invulnerable? Why it couldn't be rooting an enemy on place + aura that persist beyond the death of that enemy. Just limit it to 2 auras effects at the same time, cancelling the first one if you cast third if duration hasn't ran out yet.

It would be essentially the same, but without annoying inconveniences of defense stages not triggering, auto targeting abilities and allied NPC focusing on invulnerable target, and so on. Also Xaku won't be forced to manually dispell Gaze if they want to relocate.

Making the target invulnerable doesn't really serve any purpose, there isn't any special or additional effect on it or from it. Garuda's Blood altars have similar problem, but at least there the ability drains victims by 1% of health per second, also it doesn't fit thematically to kill the victim as they serve as source of blood/health. But with Xaku there is no such theme, they just scream and summon weird root that debuff enemies around. No need to overcomplicate things just for overcomplication.

13 hours ago, Emperrier said:

Every ability animation feels like it was intentionally slowed down with the expectation that people would run Natural Talent. Knock that off.

Just wanna make sure this gets more attention. Feel like it's not brought up enough. Literally every ability has a very sluggish, downright awfully long animation. Couple that with her insanely low base numbers on skills, and you're basically making us give up a slot (which we so desperately need) just to make the ability animations not feel like wet garbage. It takes like, 5-7 seconds just to cast a 3/4/2 wombo combo. 

51 minutes ago, Erl-King said:

No one ever mentioned it, but I'm still confused why Gaze have to make target enemy invulnerable?

On a side note, can we please adjust the 2 AI so it doesn't fire pointless shots at the unkillable Gaze target? It's quite frustrating tbh

5 hours ago, Snowpoint-Prime said:

Grasp of Lohk - The reason this ability Can't be good is the same reason Nyx's Mind Control Can't be good: Enemy Weapons are not designed to kill enemies. The damage they need to do is much smaller than the damage wee need to deal to them.

Solution - The ability disarms the enemy and displays its Image floating near you. However, the Stats are a generic "Gun" that reads the mods on your Primary Weapon. That way the Ability damage scales with your progress through the game. MR1-MR30 This ability is only limited by your ability to mod a weapon. THIS is the reason Wukong's Clone is good. 

FYI: This would also be PERFECT for Nyx's Mind Control.

Yes. Please. Giving her an psuedo exalted on 2 would be absolutely phenomenal for a boost to this frames power. I would love to see this in game. 

Adding to nyx as well would be a nice update to her. 

I have hard time playing this warframe rank 0 with passive alone and his stats has almost zero survivability until he reaches rank 10 even then with his whole design being build around 15sek low dmg evade buff that cost 100 energy is just bad to say the lest. Beside that his whole kit seems out of synergy getting close to enemy's to rip their weapons off only to be punish with dmg received attempting it that this frame has no way to recover from. His 3 Accuse and Gaze i find somewhat usefully given the type of mission you play, but Deny is awkward to use since it require precise aim given how narrow this beam is, only thing i can imagine me using it would be shooting cameras inside spy vaults which i could do just with max range 4 instead. About Void dmg i would be nice to have better indicators to see this type of dmg while using it mixed with other guns/melee i really can't tell if his 1 working or not.

can they just change the need of Gyromag Systems ? i picked the game up realy late right after the javlin thingi update so yeah as u can gess in not max rank with solaris united (im rank 0 for the matter i might get up one or two rnks but hey) and thean im hyped for xaku thean boom it needs Gyromag Systems. yeah can u replace it with almost ANYTHING ELSE ?

• Xata’s Whisper - Aside from 26% void damage increase, also give a 25% critical change or some similar bonus to encourage using this ability.
  • Grasp of Lohk - Really needs an increase in damage and range.
  • The Lost -
    • Deny seems to contradict with Accuse. If enemies could become allies,why bother putting freezing them? Vice-versa. Also when having Xata's Whisper for Void damage to strip Sentient resistance, why waste triple energy for Deny?
    • As for Accuse, this really pales when comparing with similar abilities like Revenant's Enthrall. Way more energy cost, half the duration, without affliction spreading and damaging pillars after death. This ability is worse is in every aspect.
  • The Vast Untime - The slowing effect and void damage vulnerability should be an aura effect that constantly applies instead of just affecting when activating this ability, and the damage dodge should be damage reduction. It also costs to much as an energy-draining ability. All other energy-draining abilites cost 25 even for like Mirage's Prism which also has a time limit. 

First of all, I want to say that some things could be incorrect or missing because I haven't tried xaku yet.

These are the improvements to apply to xaku.
First Ability Xata's whisper.
To make the first ability strong we need to focus on what void damage can do. It must be a special type of damage like radiation damage but allowing enemies to become bullet attractors. Also, the damage taken by Xaku is nullified. When the player holds the button of the ability Xaku release an amount of energy void around "him" creating an area of effect where their enemies inside it suffer void damage.
This ability is affected by power strength, range, efficiency and duration.

Link to Origin system: we know that void energy is a kind of energy unstable and difficult to control. When a player looks a mission inside the world of the void, this energy not only compromises the sanity of those who come into contact with it, but it even empowers some of their abilities.

Second Ability Grasp of Lohk.
    the casting's speed needs to be fixed because it is too slow right now as mentioned by players.
This ability steals enemies' weapons and they help xaku to do more damage as weapons of void energy. 
The damage of these weapons is affected by the level of the enemies.
Improvement:
    Enemies inside the second ability's area of effect are more sensitive to executions.
Also while xaku is near the place where the ability is cast, "he" is completely invulnerable to damage.

Third ability The Lost
It's very good the usage of three sub-abilities but more interesting are their names which correspond with the description of xaku, the one who terrifies and bewilder "his" enemies.

Talking about Accuse :
    the enemies which are inside the area of effect of this ability not only should be converted and become "his" servants, but they should acquire upgrades on damage, armour and speed. It should be fantastic to see on controlled enemies void energy veins on their bodies like the fragmented skin of Xaku and their eyes shining of Xaku's energy.  

Talking about Gaze:
the description said that Xaku seeing an enemy, this one is trapped with aboroflora's branches creating an area of effect which delete enemies'armour and shields(not sure about shields).
As an improvement, this ability must allow enemies hit to become little aboroflora's trees which allow xaku to gain energy.

This last feature derived from the aboroflora's animation in the void dimension.
Aboroflora's energy hasn't any kind of effect, however for xaku's triple nature should be desirable that this energy should be used to feed "his" abilities.

180?cb=20191001123527

Talking about Deny
the description said that xaku fires a beam of void energy to a target and this one will stay in middle air creating an area of effect. Enemies inside this area would be more sensitive to void energy.

As improvement can the targeted enemy become an entity of pure void energy like void operator's ghost in the void.XY47q91.jpg

Fourth ability The vast Untime
The description said that Xaku creates an explosion which throws "his" armour's fragments in every direction allow "him" to gain speed and damage resistance. Also, enemies hit by "his" armour's fragments are more sensitive to void energy.
As improvements:
    more than throwing the fragments of the armour why not use them as a shield, making them rotating around xaku. 

Archived