Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Xaku Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

Huh...oddly, reading your overview I see how similar Xaku is to Nyx. 

- Barely noticeable passive based on avoiding damage. √

- Telekinetically stealing enemy weapons to use against them (that was literally suggested for Nyx during the Design Council Nyx Rework thread). √

- Best ability is now centered around stripping defense, in order to stay relevant. √

- An inferior Hollowed Ground (that doesn't deal damage or provide increased damage against each other, and doesn't benefit allies in the area). √

- A bad 4th, that drains all of your energy too fast, has too small of a radius and is a poor "defensive" technique. √

At least Xaku gets damage options I guess. The sad part is, as bad as this is it's already confirmed Xaku will get the needed changes soon. Despite certain people at DE saying they love Nyx, she's been in a rut for years and her last "rework" was a failure aside from the defense stripping given to Psychic Bolts (which isn't needed in most of the startchart making the ability unneeded for most planets since it no longer deals damage).

I got Xaku this morning and recently got it to rank 30. Honestly, while I do agree that Xaku is a bit meh currently, I personally am getting Revenant vibes from it; both are generally meh but have amazing aesthetic design and their abilities are either bare or not at their full potential with few exceptions i.e Mesmer Skin, Gaze, etc. I really like Revenant from his aesthetic personality alone, so Xaku is quickly growing on me for the same reason and I hope they get some great buffs and polish soon.

Passive - Evasion mechanics are a bit weird, but I don't really have an opinion for it. If I had to suggest something, I would add "For every hit Xaku takes the chance to dodge increases by a small amount which resets back to 25% when Xaku successfully dodges a hit."

Xata's Whisper (XW)- The most objectively solid ability Xaku has. Granted, Void damage and its proc is meh, but that is a whole other discussion. Most I will say is I can understand the Infested being more resistant to it since the Warframes are mostly Infested flesh and they are pretty good conduits to safely channel that energy. Everything else should either be weak or at the very least neutral to it, and the proc needs to be changed.

Anyway, XW's flaw is that it has no effect outside of buffing your weapons. It doesn't buff your abilities in any way, synergy or directly, which ought to be changed. Either A) make XW apply to Xaku's other abilities or B) give it synergies with one or more of its other abilities. For example, GoL could get 1.5x or 2x damage and firing rate or range. Also, aesthetically speaking, why does Xaku become overgrown with Infestation while XW is active? Is that a visual oversight taken from Nidus that they forgot to replace or remove? 

Grasp of Lohk (GoL)- The coolest ability Xaku has imo. Its major flaws is its middling duration and inability to recast. If you only get 1 gun, you're stuck with that for 12, but if you get a lot of guns you end up getting that feeling where the fun of lotsa guns ends too soon. The best case scenario fix for this would be:

• Allow recasting of GoL. Recasting GoL refreshes its duration, preserves its current weapon selection and grabs more weapons until its cap is reached.

This would allow GoL to be a high maintenance, high reward ability. Its duration is good enough as is that it would rival Protea's Blaze Artillery in a manner of speaking, which I feel is the direction that was taken with balancing this ability, while also having the refresh maintenance pattern similar to Gara's Splinter Storm.

The Lost - Overall, the most thematic ability, but on one level of irony it fails at that. Everything feels too much like "Xaku" and not much like "Xaku's parts." Granted, we don't know who got frankensteined onto Xaku so we don't have a gauge on how true to their source they would be, but they do not feel all that unique or even fitting for the names they have; Gaze has Xaku scream to freeze an enemy with tendrils, Accuse creates some kind of loyalty shifting rift, and Deny is a hand beam. There is also a second level of irony on which it fails because Gaze, even with its short range, long cast  and requirement to be at 200% strength to fully strip defenses, it is objectively the best ability to use out of the three. Why would you want to use Deny or Accuse when the name of the game is killing things and Gaze pretty much removes all scaling obstacles outside of raw health? Now, instead of nerfing Gaze, buff Deny and Accuse so they provide something desirable in return that also helps with killing or CC. My own suggestions will be detailed below.

Also, individually they can get tuned up, but imo there should be a good level of irony to the whole ability in the form of synergies centric around combining each of the abilities of The Lost in different combos. For example, Accuse + Gaze could create mobile debuff platforms, Gaze + Deny could chain Deny to all enemies within the AoE (either with or w/o line of sight, preferable no LoS needed) and be spammable too, and Accuse + Deny could buff the damage of all Accused with the raw damage of Deny near the one you casted on.

Combining all three should result in the culmination of all three effects and some more:

Requiem Mass : The enemy afflicted by Accuse, Gaze and Deny all at once is consumed into a screaming singularity that explodes into a large colored rift similar in shape to the one shown in the Ris Albrecht Entrati entry. This rift has 50% more range than that of the individual abilities, pulses every X seconds to suspend ALL enemies in its AoE, boosts the damage of allies standing in the rift and spawns temporary [either Xaku specter clones or simple floating orbs similar to GoL] that fire on nearby enemies.

Accuse - The best and worst love child of Mind Control and Enthrall, you can control more than Enthrall but you can't juice up their damage or even kill them early. Plus, they count towards mission progress such as defense so unlike Mind Control or Enthrall you have to wait it out just to progress. That alone is a big flaw that needs to be patched. Also, just to nitpick on the flavor of the ability, it is called Accuse yet in its corrupting influence enemies become your buddies for some reason? Why would you want to do that when you could just kill them and be done with them? Let's capitalize on those questions:

• Use the formula from Enthrall and allow converts to be hit by friendly Tenno fire in addition to enemy fire. This will tie into another point below, but ultimately Accuse should be corrupting the minds of the Accused to become hostile to their former allies, similarly to how the occupants of the Zariman 10-0 lost their minds and staying true to Albrecht's details regarding his own psyche being affected by his brief moment in the Void. Corrupted should not be hostile to Tenno and should deal scaling minor additional Void damage.
  • Allow recasting if the cap is not met with previous casts. Same logic as GoL.
  • Either in the base ability or in the form of an augment, allow Corrupted to drop trace pick ups identical in color to the respective Xaku that grant a semi short period of increased ammo efficiency. Collecting more traces gives a longer duration with a high cap point, and possibly the ammo efficiency percentage could start at something like 50% but be moddable.
  • Optional: Increase the range from 11m base to 12m base. Mainly to mirror suggested Gaze range.

Gaze - Arguably Xaku's best objective ability, its only flaws are its terrible range and the stupidly long application time. I have consistently experienced attempting to cast this ability and not only does it not always affect the enemy I am trying to aim for, but enemies would die too quickly by my own Sentinel before it even goes off, so Xaku is mainly screaming out of frustration. That's another thing: why is it called Gaze when Xaku is mainly screaming at someone and afterwards, mysterious Void tendrils ensnare the victim? Just an aesthetic nitpick, but at least Gaze does a good enough mechanical job that we can ignore that. My suggestions for this is as follows:

• On cast, have the ability begin its effect right as Xaku screams versus near the end of its scream.
  • Increase the range from 8m base to 11m or 12m base to mirror range of Accuse. This ability needs good range to work, and I imagine this ability barely works in practice if you do not mod for range.

Deny - It's a hand beam that does even more damage than VUT but has a long cast time and a narrow hitbox. This one has the same issue as something like Vauban's Photon Strike; sure this does damage, but I can just shoot my guns or use other abilities to do the same job or better. Stuff that survives the Gaze gets suspended, sure, but that doesn't really help versus a horde. I doubt anyone actually uses this ability seriously, and I don't blame them. This one probably needs to be overhauled, but let's at least try to tactically buff this so it gives more than it currently does:

• Enemies suspended by Deny emit an aura that lowers the damage of all enemies within 11m or 12m by X%. This would fit its namesake by denying enemies their damage, and it would also give Xaku and friends the survivability they need, especially since Xaku is dependent on Evasion and this would cushion Xaku when it does managed to get tagged.
  • Optional: Enemies that get suspended become temporarily invincible and store damage taken until the duration runs out or Xaku casts Deny on it again. Casting Deny on a suspended enemy doubles the damage dealt.

The Vast Untime (VUT)- With such an epic name it's a shame this has to be the worst offender of Xaku's kit. Respectfully speaking, who thought it was a good idea to combine a 100 cast cost, a steep channel cost AND a duration? There is a small incentive to use the ability repeatedly to apply the Void damage taken debuff to new enemies, but how are you meant to do that with the cast cost alone? Xaku's energy pool is small enough at base and for a good general build favoring all its abilities you can't really afford to put Flow or efficiency on w/o sacrificing something. Everything else about the ability is honestly okay; the damage is great, the debuff is a great concept although the info on how much it is needs to be visible, the duration is great, and the slow can be useful. Here's my suggestions on how to improve it:

• Remove the drain cost altogether, leave the cast cost and duration as is.

This would allow people the choice to stay in VUT for as long as they have duration to benefit from that increased dodge chance in addition to the next point:

• Turn the Void debuff into an aura around Xaku either in addition to or in place of the shrapnel and leave the slow debuff on the shrapnel. The aura range should either be the same range as the explosion or, at the lowest, half the explosion range.

This would give VUT even more debuff potential and give more incentive to activating it and leaving it on for long periods of time. I am not currently aware if the Void debuff works similarly to Gauss's Thermal Sunder Blast effect where the debuff would apply before the damage itself is dealt and so amplify that damage further, but if it isn't now I would recommend implementing such an effect. That way you also have the flipside where people can use VUT as a spammable Void grenade to deal AoE damage.

Two biggest issues I'm having with Xaku is the heavy energy cost of The Vast Untime, and how easy it is to whiff using Grasp of Lohk.

I'd like to see either ditching the upkeep cost of 4, turning it to a straight channel so it doesn't turn off but continues to tick down energy but doesn't cost so much to turn it on to begin with.

As for the Grasp ability, it might make it easier to have it have a longer base duration and a steady grab of weapons so as you come across more enemies it'll continue snatching weapons up to the max so you have them. And for damage it would be fantastic if while aiming at an enemy it turns all the weapons to fire at the enemy you're focusing on.

I just had a crazy thought! He is the broken warframe, composed of other frames. What if he could subsume all 4 abilities at once? That would be so dope. Just an idea, think it would be easy enough to implement, balancing aside, and really make him unique as a community frame! What do yall think?

16 minutes ago, NumberSevin said:

I just had a crazy thought! He is the broken warframe, composed of other frames. What if he could subsume all 4 abilities at once? That would be so dope. Just an idea, think it would be easy enough to implement, balancing aside, and really make him unique as a community frame! What do yall think?

when they did the thread asking for community ideas I suggested that he is broken (missing an ability) one of his abilities should have been the ability to subsume or clone another warframes systems during a mission to gain that ability but what you are suggesting might be even better.

xacu as a warframe blank slate that you have to put 4 abilities into and gild to level up, could be fun (and a grind)

Throwing in my 2 cents here. I see A LOT of potential in Xaku, in fact conceptually, they are probably my favorite frame so far. So it pains me to concur with most of the community feedback.

Thinking on what could be improved I tried looking at it two ways: How the ability "gameplay loop" performs on easy enemies (base concept) and how effective it is against high level enemies (practical application.) The end result is essentially, the abilities are mostly interesting and fun enough but need significant QoL changes but need MASSIVE buffs to be effective at all against any significantly difficult content. As it is right now, Xaku is getting crushed by mid tier enemies on the very planet you farm them from which should not be.

Kit Theme - Void damage, in its current state, is critically under performing in every aspect of use as far as I can tell. Using it outright I could barely even notice it was doing anything and based on research on what it's SUPPOSED to do, it doesn't seem very effective at that at all. I don't know if there are plans to rework Void as a damage type soon, but seeing as to how the new frame relies heavily on it, I can only recommend that this either be looked at sooner OR make it so that Xaku's abilities are effective in spite of their using void damage as opposed to relying on it, which leads me tooooo...

Passive - Recommend bumping this up to 50% at least (or whatever mathematical percent chance results in a chance to negate every other projectile damage.) In my experience, most of what kills you in this game is actually AOE damage.  At 25% negation for projectiles, it kind of feels like a wasted passive since it's effectively making no difference when it comes to what is actually damaging and killing you.

Alternative Passive - I liked the idea of the passive actually being a random chance berserk increase to one of The Lost's abilities on cast. Since the theme is a broken frame made up of three frames, as you cycle through these abilities one of those frames might become the dominant one and boost the stats on their respective ability.

Xata's Whisper - Because of the aforementioned issues with Void Damage, at the very least the base amount of void damage should be increased and its damage scaling from mods needs to be significantly increased. I also concur with the other feedback that the additional void damage should not weaken whatever status you are already using on your weapon but should add on to it.

- Maybe add improved void damage to Xaku's other abilities with this ability. If you don't want any one void ability to stack too high then maybe make it so that if you stack the abilities you would end up with significant void damage increases

Meme alternative - change this ability completely to a flurry of void ghost punches that inflict void damage and status.

Grasp of Lohk - An unfortunate clash of expectations vs reality. (Still my favorite ability.) I think the expectation was that the void weapons would replicate their natural fire rates and ammunition type while scaling to enemy level. As is, the "void ghost" versions of the weapons firing a unique projectile is cool, but seeing as to how they aren't exact replicas then some ideas are:

- PLEASE let this ability be recast until you hit max number of turrets. This is the 2nd most significant QoL change (after fixing their damage.) Most of Xaku's abilities are duration based and being stuck with one void gun with no damage (as opposed to 13 void guns, lol) is a terrible feeling.

- Definitely increase the scaling damage via enemy level.  Right now, however it is being calculated, they essentially stop being effective against any enemy level past the first 5 waves on Hydron. Protea's turrets, which are kind of similar, are SUPER effective vs these void guns which aren't effective at all. I can understand not wanting them to function exactly the same but there has to be a way to scale the damage better than how it is currently. Again, this could be because of how Void damage itself functions.  After a certain level it's like it's not doing any damage at all.

- Make the void tendrils ignore line of sight. The guns the enemies are holding are essentially being "evaporated" by void energy and void replicas are really what Xaku is creating.  The wiki says that the void tendrils don't need line of sight to pull weapons, but from what I've seen either the wiki is wrong or it's not consistent. Even with high range I have to jump directly into a crowd of enemies to pull their weapons. Enemies above or below DO NOT get their weapons pulled.

- Increase void gun replica fire range AND rate (or maybe have it scale off of range stat?) They already require line of sight, so with that in mind, I think they should be able to hit anything they can see as fast as they can see them. This may be the way to differentiate them from Protea's turrets. Significantly increasing their rate of fire makes them more like machine guns and also would help towards solving their damage problem.

- For the sake of symmetry and OCD, is there a way to set it so that the void guns spawn on both sides of Xaku as opposed to just one side?

- Would it be possible to increase the number of guns that can be grabbed (maybe scaling off of strength?) I was hoping for Infinite Xaku works.

The Lost - Conceptually I love all of these, but much like the other abilities, their current stats limit most of their effectiveness late game, especially in missions where you have to constantly move around.

- Swapping hold to activate and click to switch will SIGNIFICANTLY improve QoL on these abilities. They already have long cast animations and having to hold to activate is just making the whole process that much longer. Let alone when you accidentally don't hold long enough and switch abilities by mistake. It makes them pretty cumbersome to use.

- Make area of effect a sphere. Right now when you cast this ability it doesn't seem to effect enemies above or below you (for the two abilities where that matters.)

Accuse - Request cast range scale off of range stat to affect more enemies OR allow the ability to be recast. If I had to pick, I'd want the ability to be recast for as much energy as the frame can hold.

- Assuming void damage increase, add void damage to accused enemies' weapons.

Gaze - Request removal of (or increase to) snare target limit. I do like that you can active recast, which drops every third ensnared target, but ideally you would be able to cast this ability up to 3 times, preferably 6, before it starts dropping ensnared targets.

Deny - Since this ability heavily relies on void damage, it's really important that void damage itself get some kind of boost. As it stands now using this on high level enemies doesn't appear to do anything to them.

- Since it fires like a cannon, I'd recommend removing the range limit (or have it scale even higher off of range stat.)

The Vast Untime - This was the most underwhelming ability for me, considering it is an ultimate and how cool it sounds on paper.

- 100% concur with all other feedback on outrageous energy cost. Similar to how Gauss's other abilities seem to function cohesively with their 4, it seems like that's what you were going with for this but not only are the benefits extremely muted due to the problems with void damage, but the cost is SO high that you can't effectively maintain uptime anywhere near as efficiently as you can with Gauss.

- Assuming fixes to other abilities to improve synergy with this one, the energy drain should be completely removed. Cast cost should be balanced towards keeping a high uptime.

- At sufficient Power strength this ability should scale enough that it will kill any enemy within a certain radius around Xaku on cast.

- Alternatively, maybe add a radial blind + stagger effect, I would swap either of those for the "slow" effect as well.

- Concur on the confusion between "bullets passing through Xaku" and "dodge chance" vs what that actually means in terms of negating damage. Ideally, this would just be a flat damage reduction since as stated, AOE is the most immediate danger. But even if we're sticking with "negating projectiles" it should at least be as effective as Baruuk's ability to do the same thing.

- This ability should allow a build towards 100% damage reduction or "dodge chance," whichever we land on.

- Enemy vulnerability to void damage should be increased. I honestly can't articulate what that means since the real problem with this isn't really the stat or ability itself but just how useless void damage seems to be. If it was as effective as the other "most sought" status effects and damage types then 50% would probably be fine. So it really depends on what improvements are made to void damage. If none, then this would have to be boosted significantly.

- Significantly increase range of Vast Untime's explosion. It requires line of sight anyway.

General fixes/suggestions

- Please increase cast times on all abilities. The only thing worse than the feeling that the abilities aren't doing anything is the dramatic cast time you spend just to not do anything.

- Scaling, I think, needs to be increased across the board. I don't know how much that will go towards fixing the issues with void damage.

- Perhaps the void status, assuming bullet attractor is working, should come with it's own increase to vulnerability for those affected by it so that the bullets being attracted to the target are actually doing a significant enough amount of damage to make a difference. Maybe all bullet attractor rounds should crit? Idk

This will likely get lost in the sea of feedback, but here we go anyway.

I would like to just go ahead and say that I adore the aesthetic of this frame. The community killed it with the aesthetic.

Now, obviously we can't talk about Xaku without addressing Void damage. It's bad. Make it a flat 10-25% damage across the board. The status effect sucks too, and I think making Void interact with other status effects would be cool. Lean into the concept of how chaotic the Void is.

Onto Xaku themself:

Passive: This is fine, it's serviceable.

• 1) Xata's Whisper: As a first ability, this is fine aside from it being Void damage.

• 2) Grasp of Lohk: Base range and damage scaling need increases. And again, Void damage.

• 3) The Lost: This is where I think the mistakes are. 2 out of 3 abilities are just kind of not good. And I personally dislike ability wheels. My proposal would be to break up this ability and turn the 1 and 2 into tap + hold abilities. And provide synergies between these abilities.

• 3a) Accuse: Bundle this into Grasp of Lohk. Thematically similar, so it wouldn't be odd. Additionally, we simply just need a reason to cast this. Making allies just doesn't matter in this game. I propose having a passive energy gain per second based on the number of corrupted enemies. Everyone is saying Xaku is energy-hungry, so instead of just lowering energy costs, create an interesting method of recovery. Bonus points for providing the energy to the squad, too.

• 3b) Gaze: This is the good one. Base range needs an increase, but otherwise it's a good ability. A method to force enemies into the circle and/or keep them in there would make this ability fantastic. Keep this as the 3, and also give it a tap/hold treatment. But instead of just a new ability entirely for the hold, it should detonate the Gaze target and deal the stored damage radially.

• 3c) Deny: Bundle this into Xata's Whisper. Also, Void damage. BUT, that's okay assuming Void damage is buffed. As for ability synergies: Using Deny on a Gaze target should drag nearby enemies towards the target. Additionally, using Deny while Grasp of Lohk is active should fire additional lasers.

• 4) Vast Untime: There's little reason to push this button. Get rid of the duration, keep the drain. After all, you've shed your armor and you're "leaking" Void energy. Additionally, this needs ability synergies:
• Xata's Whisper and Vast Untime should essentially combine to make the Void damage debuff into an aura that follows Xaku.
• Accuse I think can create an interesting gameplay loop. Since Vast Untime is a channel, you're going to be frantically looking for energy to maintain it. So make Accuse targets provide energy when killed (or die in general).
• Gaze should just get a slow field. It's good, just need to be able to keep enemies in it.
• Deny is easy, just make it explode.

Xaku has a lot of potential and I am very excited to see what they become from this point forward.

So in my opinion so far... 

In terms of Xaku's second ability, the range is too small and should receive an increase maybe even an additional benefit too. 

His 3, the range for the ability seems small and the targeting for the beam seems a bit wonky, like it isn't centered to the aiming reticle. Controlled enemies should also store damage received and perhaps even have an AoE damage effect upon death. 

And the 4, since it has drain, why not let it be a channeled ability? Keep the initial damage upon cast for those in range, and then the susceptibility to void damage be an aura to further benefit his kit (also implementing the chance of void procs for the bullet bubble for more synergy). And switch the 75% evasion to DR instead, with an additional 25% adding to his passive while it is still active. Upon the end of the ability, let the returning armor debuff or damage enemies as well. 

In terms of synergy... 

I'll have some more insight soon. 

1) Xata's Whisper: its fine

2) Grasp of Lohk: need more damage and attack speed, this is because when you have a few weapons this ability is practically useless.

3)The lost: deny: i've never used this ability because is useless, this ability don't have damage

4)Vast Untime: I think should be an energy drain per second ability, not a duration ability. This ability have the potencial to have a super tanky frame.

General: the energy cost is to high

I put 1 forma on the xaku and did some experiments with his skills. I thought this warframe is a nyx 2.0 .... And the damage from void does it add to the damage from weapons or does it replace? Missing the description with more details of skill 3 ... I don't know what each skill does! It lacked clarity! I missed a defensive skill ... skill 4 does that but leaves a lot to be desired!

I had previously posted a convoluted feedback post with a lot of randomness and unneeded changes. I have a more basic one that will likely add to the general consensus of changes in need. I patiently await Xaku changes in the coming week/s. 

Rework to void damage to make it useful against non sentients. In the very least make it do neutral damage to all targets (bonus to sentients) but realistically void is supposed to be this supreme energy/substance and virtually all target should be vulnerable to it. I always felt void should do "true" damage bypassing shield, armor, resistances, etc. 

1 key needs a straight buff though changes to void damage in itself could assist. I know augments take some time but I suggest an augment where the buff is shared across your whole team (At a lower value.) 

2 key needs damage upgrade and needs to be more reliable in grabbing weapons and recast-able before the duration ends.

3 key Deny needs to be scrapped or radically reworked. My best example for a rework for deny would be an AoE "shout" ability rather than a thin lazor. Alternatively even a cone would be better. Accuse needs to increase the damage enemies take and the weapons pulled from 2 need to attack mind controlled enemies, it also needs to be recastable before the duration ends or all enemies are dead. Gaze needs a faster cast time.

4 key needs to be actual DR not evasion which is objectively the worst form of DR. I'd say a 50% base damage reduction up to 90% based on ability strength. Also and most importantly you need to decide if it's a channeled ability or a duration. Because currently it's both with the cons of both. It has 100 base cast, high energy cost per second and a finite duration. all 3 of those combined are silly. It's one of the most energy inefficient abilities in the game which gives a moderate defensive boost compared to it's closest kin Valkyr's 4 key hysteria which gives straight immortality. So if you're going to keep it this way than make it gives us 100% chance to dodge ALL damage.

4 key suggestion: either as an augment or rework I feel like Xaku shouldn't simply shut off their component parts and instead they should help them fight. Potentially using 4 key will cause the animate body parts will occasionally cast their abilities.

Stats: I recommend a small increase to unmodded health and shields.

Thank you for reading my feedback. ~Velaethia Xaku Main Aspirant. 

I personally really enjoy playing Xaku, but is frustrating to play due to his kit lacking strength and consistency. 

Passive: Their passive and ultimate have the same drawback, dodge chance is really inconsistent and you will likely die from one to two shots due to it. While I like the idea of dodge chance Xaku needs some damage reduction to truly survive higher end content. Xaku's passive should give damage reduction whenever his passive successfully dodges a hit, probably 25-30% damage reduction. This would have a set duration and would reset when your passive dodges again. Not only will this let them take a few more hits but also become slightly less reliant on his ultimate.

Xata's Whisper: This ability has felt underwhelming. Void damage is something that isn't useful in most situations and the situations it works well in is either lacking (sentients) or doesn't apply at all (eidolons). This either needs a huge base damage boost (like 100%+) or void damage needs to be reworked in some degree to make it more viable against more enemy types. It is also worth noting the bubble that is made through void damage makes headshots difficult and can actually reduce dps with some weapons.

Grasp of Lohk: Grasp of Lohk doesn't need much of a rework at all, just a overall stat boost. It is inconvenient to trigger the max amount of guns and their performance lacks the effort and risk needed to enter the center of a dozen enemies. From my experience with this ability so far, the damage scaling needs a buff, but nothing ridiculous. I was able to kill both corpus and some infested units with ease at lvl 80, the issue with it is armor. Any enemy with armor above a certain level makes the ability unusable and worthless in the fight. In conclusion Grasp of Lohk needs a small scaling buff and some form of heavy armor penetration. I like the idea Xata's whisper is some form buffing this ability in the form of armor pen or true damage.  Unless void damage is heavily altered these changes would be necessary to keep this ability functional in higher end content.

The Lost: 

A general issue all of these abilities have is their casting time and being immobile while casting. Xaku isn't tanky enough to sustain much damage so it can be difficult to cast these abilities without severe consequence. Either make these abilities faster to cast, make Xaku tankier (as proposed in passive and ultimate) or let them move around while casting.

• Accuse: I personally use this ability as crowd control rather then damage, and I think that is what it was suppose to be used for. Perhaps a small range buff.
  • Gaze: It can be difficult to use and with most gamemodes people are always moving, so it can be difficult to use effectively. This doesn't personally concern me as The Lost overall appears to benefit more defensively then offensively to begin with. Either a small range buff or can be used on a additional enemy (3 instead of 2).
  • Deny: It is really hard to hit, lack of damage, and even when you do hit it will likely effect only a couple of enemies. The cost of this ability is also very unreasonable for what it is capable of. Overall i think this needs a damage boost and any target you do hit will create a AOE that applies the same effect to nearby enemies (damage and stun). This encourage's the player to still work with the small beam but the rewards are worth while. 

The Vast Untime: As of right now the energy cost to use it doesn't warrant the effects it gives. As mentioned in the passive input involving damage reduction, just as this ability amplifies dodge chance it would also improve the damage reduction it gives (50-60%). The slow and void vulnerability shouldn't just come from the explosive, but persist and becomes a ranged aura that surrounds Xaku. This nullifies the need to spam the ability just to get these effects, this could also help scale his other void damaging abilities more consistently. The speed boost should also be able to scale with strength. How the energy consumption is right now is fine as long as the benefits given are worth the cost.

I like Xaku as a aggressive damage dealer who can control the the battle field in his own way, what I proposed would give him the sustainability he needs without nullifying the dodge chance they have and fix the damage his abilities obviously lacked. I love Xaku, so I really hope they get the love they deserve.

I got my hands on Xaku today and had some thoughts on them. These are only preliminary and not exhaustive.

Overview - Xaku as I see it is the solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Every warframe has access to void damage in the operator and every warframe can already strip resistances in sentients. Void damage also is mechanically different from other types in that its not meant to kill but to disable - to make the cross over from operator to a frame void damage needs a revision to something you want to pull out to eliminate level 100 and something enemies.

Passive - 25 evade chance is not bad it just needs to be layered under other forms of defence like the other evasion user Titania. Void damage from Xaku perhaps should behave differently.

Xata's Whisper - a damage elemental buff is not bad it's just not very exciting for a frame this unique. It needs to be considered that armour halves whatever damage buff this provides and that makes this by far the poorest damage buff in the game.

Grasp of Lohk - the funnest ability it has some issues you should be aware of. When you grab many weapons the audio gets so cluttered it clips out and the sound itself is very unpleasant. Your talented sound team could revise it. For QoL the ability could be able to be refreshed and could be cast at the place you point at not from the warframe itself. The grabbed weapons dont attack targets affected by Accuse which I feel is an oversight and a missed opportunity for some ability synergy.

The Lost - wheel abilities dont suit this warframe. I can feel the struggle to come up with 3 abilities only for thematics but in terms of playstyle Xaku doesnt need 3 skills that step on each others toes anyway. Accuse feels like Chaos from Nyx and could use a revision tho I havent thought up a substitute for it yet. Gaze is the best tho it too needs lucky positioning and faster casting speed. Deny does a similar CC job to Accuse and one of them should be stricken.

The Vast Untime - damage vulnerability should not cease on deactivating the ability, also it only neutralizes armours resistance to void.

These are ideas for revisions to make for Xaku. In general casting times shoukd be faster.

Passive - 25% evade chance. Void procs inflicted by Xaku do not cause magnetic bubbles instead void procs increases incoming ABILITY DAMAGE starting at 150% percent. Like Viral but for abilities instead.

Xata's Whisper - I believe this effect should be replaced by Deny. For 25 energy fire a void shot that levitates everything in it's path and increases vulnerability to void damage with double strength for armoured targets. The shot beam also has more forgiving aim.

Grasp of Lohk - Xata's Whisper previous effect should be incorporated into this provides a void damage buff as well as normal effect. By holding the ability button instead of grabbing enemy weapons the tendrils grab your holstered weapon and employ that as a turret. I would enjoy that effect so much DE it would be so fun for players.

The Lost - revised. Tap to cast Accuse, Hold to cast Gaze.

The Vast Untime - this is probably the largest change but I think it would unify Xaku as a frame and theme. On casting armour breaks apart and skeleton comes out with 75 evade chance as usual. Whats new is 3 spectral stick figures are formed each adorned with the armour pieces of a warframe that Xaku is composed of. The 3 figures cast the original ability they donated to Xaku that is Gaze, Accuse and Deny (now Xata's Whisper in this revision). The thing about these specters is they layer with the 75 evade chance to increase survivability but in a way that feels unique to Xaku. I still need to think up more before this revision will be up to snuff.

Cheers DE  Im having a blast with Xaku x

It seems like the community here is pretty much on-the-ball with feedback.

So far it is a great concept with a lacklustre delivery. I've forma'd Xaku 3 times now (as well as equipping two umbral mods) and I still cannot praise their abilities. 

After the great fun I had with Protea, and how well everything worked together for her, I was hyped and looking forward to Xaku. Now I'm just glad that I spent time farming them, and didn't spend the plat to buy them outright. 

If I wanted a Warframe that relied on weapons alone (over abilities) I could just use a tank Inaros and at least survive longer and harder in doing so.

So, first off the grind for him...is a separate issue which needs to be addressed. Acquiring most of his resources is fine with the exception of Scintillant and Thaumic. Do able, but boy is it...not fun.

Onwards to Xaku themselves. The fact his void damage doesn't work vs eidolons coupled with it's strange and IMO pointless status effect of "Bullet attractor" which just doesn't feel like it fits the "Void" theme, let alone how void damage seems to work? Casting time also feels...a little long, doesn't appear to be a 1 handed animation either. Maybe it's a but of client vs host but...I feel like void damage should be just straight HP damage, ignoring armor/shields(except units with "Void shielding" aka Necramechs or maybe new special units for factions to make them resist it would be fine). As a damage type on it's own, it's not great and the bonus it provides is...well, small compared to everything else that buffs damage. I didn't bother looking into the math of all this, I just...experienced it is all, and yeah it feels...weak, specially compared to toxic lash, or shock trooper even. As well as it...only applying to his weapons, it has no synergy with the rest of his kit except with his ult, if nothing else it needs to further boost the guns from Grasp of Lohk

Solution time, Void damage itself needs work, I'd recommend it's status effect get changed from Bullet Attractor to "Void Burn" which...would effectively be a random elemental DoT so a DoT of Radiation, Toxin, Magnetic, ect damage. Combine this with making the damage type ignore all or at least most of a targets shields/armor(Upwards of 80%) would make Void damage fit it's lore description of just being...supremely damaging. If this was the case i'd be fine with the damage boost being lowered to like 20 or 15%(after all other mods).

Power 2, Grasp of Lohk. Base range sucks, long cast animation, range also affects how close enemies have to be for the guns to shoot...they only shoot things that are in range of the grasp power which...yeah, bad. I get that you didn't want it to be a copy of Protea but...it's still unique to him as it is, it mostly needs a massive range boost, at least double it's current range of 8m at max. Beyond that...I mean the power is decent, it's mostly range and animation casting that's the issue, it kills good(But i'd still like to see Xaku's one boost it's damage more). Maybe a duration boost as well? 12s isn't...that long but it...eh I feel range would help it more, having the grab range be around 16m base, and it's 'gun targeting range' be like...30m...the 12s time would be fine. And for some synergy with power 3, make enemies affected by Accuse/Gaze do void melee damage.

Power 3, The Lost. Hoo boy...range issues yet again. Like, seriously, his whole kit so far feels so very range limited. Accuse AoE is *tiny* for how many targets it can select, only the infested group up that much, ranged enemies like...every other faction space out and make it so you often end up with just 2 or 3 enemies affected and then you can't recast it because "Power is still in effect" which has to be a bug. Not to mention the accused have the same issue as Revenants Thralls...team mates killing them, or even yourself if you're meleeing and they get close. The fact they die even accidentally by you, which happens a lot cause it's a horde shooter, renders the power...pretty much worthless. Like at least Chaos has a MASSIVE AoE to provide some CC, but Accuse...it's too limited to be worth it in it's current state.

Solution? I'd rework the whole power to fit the name "Accuse", first...remove the enemy cap, buff the range from 11m to like...15-20m but keep the "cannot recast as long as 1 enemy is affected". Next, make marked targets immune or *heavily* resistant to player/ally damage(like mind control/well of life targets). Finally, increase aggro of marked targets by a lot, and if you have Xata's Whisper active...make it so the Accused targets do void damage.

The next power of The Lost, Gaze. Again, yet again, RANGE is a problem. It feels like Xaku was tested almost exclusively against infested. He works *great* against the infested. Against other factions, much less so. IMO all it needs is a range buff, but i'd rather make it...less 'fixed location of death'. IMO, Gaze wouldn't need a range buff IF it affected more than 2 targets and if those targets were mobile. In my head you would cast Gaze in a cone infront of you, enemies become 'tendriled' like usual, except instead of being stuck in place they are mobile(still immune to damage) and otherwise it functions the same.

And finally, Deny. Remove it. It's just a beam of void damage that lifts enemies it doesn't kill. Xata's Whisper and Grasp of Lohk should be the only damage he needs if combined with his 4. As a power Deny is just...bad. It locks you in place and you have to be *so* exact. I tested it and just...I was off by a couple pixels and it didn't hit, but the fact it stopped me in place with a long cast animation was *super* annoying. Honestly, I would just remove this power, it really feels like it doesn't fit with his kit, just make "The Lost" be tap for one power, hold for the other. However...if Deny absolutely has to stay, rework into a cone of damage instead of the beam, basically make it Banshee's Sonic Boom but a burst of void damage/lift, that's the only way to redeem this power IMO.

And now...synergy. Enemies marked by Accuse and Gaze become immobile, and not only do nearby enemies lose their defenses but become weak to void damage/get void damage reflected back at them as they shoot at the immobile targets. The idea is Accuse pulls aggro to them, and when combined with Gaze the damage shot at them gets reflected back as void damage. To explain it better, they become octavia's mallets but with void damage/armor stripping. And...again, if Deny has to stay...if it affects either of the other 2 targets enemies that shoot at them get lifted.

Finally his 4. DE, again, pick one, duration or drain. I would *prefer* it be a duration power. I'd also change the wording, at first I thought it gave 75% which stacked with his base 25%, i'd change the wording to "Increases Xaku's passive to 75% to dodge damage". But yeah, make it Duration OR Drain instead of Duration + Drain. Otherwise it's a solid power.

In closing, Range buffs for power 2 and 3, remove Deny, Improve synergy between all powers by having The Lost powers interact with each other and with power 2, make power 1 apply after mods, rework Void Damage, and make power 4 Duration or Drain not both.

A lot of feedback has already been given but I would like to add the following (sorry if someone said it and I missed it)

Passive: Change 25% projectiles to 25% all damage, just projectiles seem wasted and honestly very low damage reduction only for that type too.

Vast Uptime: Since we talk about void manipulation and basically once cast only void energy remains, I would like to add some kind of immunity (3s) and remove any CC Xaku has previously suffered upon cast.

About Accuse, recastable being a good idea aside, if you would go the extra mile and make it like a Void fissure then I'd be pleasantly surprised.

As in:

• Now recastable to corrupt new enemies up to the modded max targets.
  • If cast again with already corrupted enemies still affected by Accuse, teleport them to the new cast location.

Overall not bad ounce u get how to mod him correctly,i do have some tiny issues tho and 1 major issue.here is what i would do to help him out.the tiny issues are his range isn't good enough atm to really utilize "not saying give him 50m range" he needs a range boost of about 3-5m across the board.His 1 i don't have a problem with but i get the feeling it should boost his other abilities that deal void damage.The big problem i have is the 4, i get what was trying to be done here however it's just not good for any kinda survivability at anything past starchart levels and is the biggest issue.the cost plus a drain doesn't seem to be worth the trade off for building to be able actually use it.I don't even use the ability most of the time.my suggestion here is drop either the cost, or the drain.personally i would drop the dodge mechanic aswell "i get u can use some of the new mods for a lil increase here"rly not sure what i would put in the dodges place.Health maybe just some kinda of better survivability boost as currently i have no issues surviving in steel path but have only managed to do it with 1 build and just feels bad there aren't multiple build paths for this.

12 hours ago, ShadowBacker said:

Throwing in my 2 cents here. I see A LOT of potential in Xaku, in fact conceptually, they are probably my favorite frame so far. So it pains me to concur with most of the community feedback.

Thinking on what could be improved I tried looking at it two ways: How the ability "gameplay loop" performs on easy enemies (base concept) and how effective it is against high level enemies (practical application.) The end result is essentially, the abilities are mostly interesting and fun enough but need significant QoL changes but need MASSIVE buffs to be effective at all against any significantly difficult content. As it is right now, Xaku is getting crushed by mid tier enemies on the very planet you farm them from which should not be.

Kit Theme - Void damage, in its current state, is critically under performing in every aspect of use as far as I can tell. Using it outright I could barely even notice it was doing anything and based on research on what it's SUPPOSED to do, it doesn't seem very effective at that at all. I don't know if there are plans to rework Void as a damage type soon, but seeing as to how the new frame relies heavily on it, I can only recommend that this either be looked at sooner OR make it so that Xaku's abilities are effective in spite of their using void damage as opposed to relying on it, which leads me tooooo...

Passive - Recommend bumping this up to 50% at least (or whatever mathematical percent chance results in a chance to negate every other projectile damage.) In my experience, most of what kills you in this game is actually AOE damage.  At 25% negation for projectiles, it kind of feels like a wasted passive since it's effectively making no difference when it comes to what is actually damaging and killing you.

Alternative Passive - I liked the idea of the passive actually being a random chance berserk increase to one of The Lost's abilities on cast. Since the theme is a broken frame made up of three frames, as you cycle through these abilities one of those frames might become the dominant one and boost the stats on their respective ability.

Xata's Whisper - Because of the aforementioned issues with Void Damage, at the very least the base amount of void damage should be increased and its damage scaling from mods needs to be significantly increased. I also concur with the other feedback that the additional void damage should not weaken whatever status you are already using on your weapon but should add on to it.

- Maybe add improved void damage to Xaku's other abilities with this ability. If you don't want any one void ability to stack too high then maybe make it so that if you stack the abilities you would end up with significant void damage increases

Meme alternative - change this ability completely to a flurry of void ghost punches that inflict void damage and status.

Grasp of Lohk - An unfortunate clash of expectations vs reality. (Still my favorite ability.) I think the expectation was that the void weapons would replicate their natural fire rates and ammunition type while scaling to enemy level. As is, the "void ghost" versions of the weapons firing a unique projectile is cool, but seeing as to how they aren't exact replicas then some ideas are:

- PLEASE let this ability be recast until you hit max number of turrets. This is the 2nd most significant QoL change (after fixing their damage.) Most of Xaku's abilities are duration based and being stuck with one void gun with no damage (as opposed to 13 void guns, lol) is a terrible feeling.

- Definitely increase the scaling damage via enemy level.  Right now, however it is being calculated, they essentially stop being effective against any enemy level past the first 5 waves on Hydron. Protea's turrets, which are kind of similar, are SUPER effective vs these void guns which aren't effective at all. I can understand not wanting them to function exactly the same but there has to be a way to scale the damage better than how it is currently. Again, this could be because of how Void damage itself functions.  After a certain level it's like it's not doing any damage at all.

- Make the void tendrils ignore line of sight. The guns the enemies are holding are essentially being "evaporated" by void energy and void replicas are really what Xaku is creating.  The wiki says that the void tendrils don't need line of sight to pull weapons, but from what I've seen either the wiki is wrong or it's not consistent. Even with high range I have to jump directly into a crowd of enemies to pull their weapons. Enemies above or below DO NOT get their weapons pulled.

- Increase void gun replica fire range AND rate (or maybe have it scale off of range stat?) They already require line of sight, so with that in mind, I think they should be able to hit anything they can see as fast as they can see them. This may be the way to differentiate them from Protea's turrets. Significantly increasing their rate of fire makes them more like machine guns and also would help towards solving their damage problem.

- For the sake of symmetry and OCD, is there a way to set it so that the void guns spawn on both sides of Xaku as opposed to just one side?

- Would it be possible to increase the number of guns that can be grabbed (maybe scaling off of strength?) I was hoping for Infinite Xaku works.

The Lost - Conceptually I love all of these, but much like the other abilities, their current stats limit most of their effectiveness late game, especially in missions where you have to constantly move around.

- Swapping hold to activate and click to switch will SIGNIFICANTLY improve QoL on these abilities. They already have long cast animations and having to hold to activate is just making the whole process that much longer. Let alone when you accidentally don't hold long enough and switch abilities by mistake. It makes them pretty cumbersome to use.

- Make area of effect a sphere. Right now when you cast this ability it doesn't seem to effect enemies above or below you (for the two abilities where that matters.)

Accuse - Request cast range scale off of range stat to affect more enemies OR allow the ability to be recast. If I had to pick, I'd want the ability to be recast for as much energy as the frame can hold.

- Assuming void damage increase, add void damage to accused enemies' weapons.

Gaze - Request removal of (or increase to) snare target limit. I do like that you can active recast, which drops every third ensnared target, but ideally you would be able to cast this ability up to 3 times, preferably 6, before it starts dropping ensnared targets.

Deny - Since this ability heavily relies on void damage, it's really important that void damage itself get some kind of boost. As it stands now using this on high level enemies doesn't appear to do anything to them.

- Since it fires like a cannon, I'd recommend removing the range limit (or have it scale even higher off of range stat.)

The Vast Untime - This was the most underwhelming ability for me, considering it is an ultimate and how cool it sounds on paper.

- 100% concur with all other feedback on outrageous energy cost. Similar to how Gauss's other abilities seem to function cohesively with their 4, it seems like that's what you were going with for this but not only are the benefits extremely muted due to the problems with void damage, but the cost is SO high that you can't effectively maintain uptime anywhere near as efficiently as you can with Gauss.

- Assuming fixes to other abilities to improve synergy with this one, the energy drain should be completely removed. Cast cost should be balanced towards keeping a high uptime.

- At sufficient Power strength this ability should scale enough that it will kill any enemy within a certain radius around Xaku on cast.

- Alternatively, maybe add a radial blind + stagger effect, I would swap either of those for the "slow" effect as well.

- Concur on the confusion between "bullets passing through Xaku" and "dodge chance" vs what that actually means in terms of negating damage. Ideally, this would just be a flat damage reduction since as stated, AOE is the most immediate danger. But even if we're sticking with "negating projectiles" it should at least be as effective as Baruuk's ability to do the same thing.

- This ability should allow a build towards 100% damage reduction or "dodge chance," whichever we land on.

- Enemy vulnerability to void damage should be increased. I honestly can't articulate what that means since the real problem with this isn't really the stat or ability itself but just how useless void damage seems to be. If it was as effective as the other "most sought" status effects and damage types then 50% would probably be fine. So it really depends on what improvements are made to void damage. If none, then this would have to be boosted significantly.

- Significantly increase range of Vast Untime's explosion. It requires line of sight anyway.

General fixes/suggestions

- Please increase cast times on all abilities. The only thing worse than the feeling that the abilities aren't doing anything is the dramatic cast time you spend just to not do anything.

- Scaling, I think, needs to be increased across the board. I don't know how much that will go towards fixing the issues with void damage.

- Perhaps the void status, assuming bullet attractor is working, should come with it's own increase to vulnerability for those affected by it so that the bullets being attracted to the target are actually doing a significant enough amount of damage to make a difference. Maybe all bullet attractor rounds should crit? Idk

@(DE)Devs, please fix Xaku? I rushed this frame, looking forward to playing it... Long cast times tap to switch and hold to activate? Why? Swap this around like mentioned above. Why have we gone backwards on Xaku's 4? 100 energy to activate, then a drain as well? Wow, guys. The range on the abilities is in dire need of some love. Please fix this frame as the concept is awesome and I look forward to having multiple ways of building and playing Xaku... not being forced to use the one and only situational Meta build. Thank you for all of your efforts on our behalf.

If it weren't for their first ability and one of their abilities on their 3 (the lifted one,) i'd say Xatu fits pretty well in their own niche.  They're the first frame we've gotten that's focused on both buffing and debuffing.  Not the best at either but it's a very interesting mix.  Especially since her survival is through micro managing both and evade chance instead of face tanking.  (just wish it could actually dodge AoE based things as well.)

Personally my dislike comes from the concept itself.  "Broken frame" was a meme idea that was meant to be a joke at DE's expense.  There were some better and actual frame ideas that people put forth.  And I wish DE had ran with one of those instead of opting for the meme route.  Even though the concept of a frame being made up of multiple frames is cool I feel like that idea is a bit lost on execution since the frames are not any we know of.  So the abilities feel more Xatu than belonging to someone else.  But maybe that's the point.

Dear DE devs,

Why, just why release a frame that is so broken to the point its not even usable?

Feedback about the abilites:

• Xata's whisper: I won't go in the mathematical details of the workings (other players have done that), but why is void damage given to us by the first ability? That is the worst kind of damage against all factions except sentients (eidolons not included,to conserve an old-ass system of totally battle useless operators) and we don't even have a proper tileset to play against sentients (Sentient anomaly doesn't count as a proper tileset)
  • Grasp of Lohk: Hilariously weak ability. Disarm has lesser range than Loki or Baruuk, turrets fire slow as hell, and damage scaling is S#&$ (20 damage at 100% strength, frame rank 6, 31 at 155% strength). Deals even less damage than Mag's Polarize, and that's saying something. If we are literally stealing enemy weapons, then let the stolen weapons deal as much damage as the enemies do. Solves the issue of scaling, higher damage dealt by enemies, higher damage they receive as punishment.
  • The Lost: Somewhat decent ability (the only one in the entire set). Thralls, protection removal functions are fine, but why is Deny utilizing void damage again, when we don't have targets to go after (again, eidolons excluded, to conserve an old-ass system of totally battle useless operators).
  • The Vast Untime:  As bad as Xata's whisper. Dealing void damage and give a damage dodge chance? Are you guys serious about this? Or just afraid of crybabies? Do you even play the game? Considering that her max energy at level 30 is 230 , the initial casting cost of 100 is a bit too much (remember Inaros' Sandstorm? 150 energy at rank 30, 75 for activation, same case here)

Xaku is a frame with great potential, please don't murder it by dipping it in void damage. If you don't want to give us access to eidolon shields, I'm fine with that, save your old system. At least give it adaptive damage, similar to something like Baruuk's Reactive Storm augment (don't give us an augment to make it usable), improve scaling of all the abilities.

My these are my impressions after playing Xaku for a few hours in the higher level missions and some adding some forma. and where i think the problem with the feel of the kit is and a summary of how it might be addressed at the end (Spoiler, it's mostly the cast times and animation locks).

Passive: does it even exit? could we get some Baruuk style indicator? (Would be nice, but not necessary, but definetly add to "cool" factor to have some visuals, same with 4ths auto-dodge)

1st ability: cast time, duration and all that seams fine... BUT, is it just me or does it feel like we lose damage with high status weapons as void eats the procs to make bullet attractors, was the void status even included in the updated stacking status rework?!?!

2nd ability, function wise it seams ok, but theres 2 main things that hold it back, and that's definetly that the weapons ONLY fire within short range, they should have an own greater range, as if you bring Xaku on a Steel Path mission or anything like that it becomes quite clear that close-courters is not Xakus effective range, and this ability is quite conteractive with the rest of the kit in that way. Just giving the taken weapons more range would solve that, so you get in, grab some guns the create some distance again.
BUT it also has the big problem of how delayed the cast is, it plainly feels super awkward to use, especially for a short-range ability.

3rd. hate it. the damn better be some changes to the casting speeds/lock-in place!
The fissure thing sounds cool, but it should probably have had a more dramatic effect like the real fissures has when they spawn when casts. and as any Nyx and Revenant player will tell you, mind controlled enemies are kinda meh and unless buffs they're mostly just meat shields.
The defense reduction seams useful and is probably the best of the 3, I just found it very hard to place it in a good position, especially considering levels where the defense stripping would come in useful is also levels where Xaku risks dying if they lock themselves in place for such a long cast. Also (my) lich seamed to have an odd talent for avoiding the area.
Then the last one... the true CC that's supposed to keep low-defense frames alive... locks you in place and is a slow-cast and only hits in a straight line.

4th ability seams fine, puts some synergy in the kit and gives some randomlized defense, and without the atrocious cast time most of the kit suffers from....BUT what's with the 100initial energy cost, drain per sec AND limited duration?! It's by far the most expensive ability with it's 170 energy cost for full use at first rank, and 200 at max rank!

Summary
So that's my impressions while playing Xaku on the steel path and hunting a lich.
Overall 1 seams fine, but void status rework/update?
2 would benefit from seperate range for the stolen weapons.
3 would use some visual/audio update to fissure, defense-reduction is mostly fine but Gaze might need a full rework or additional functionality.
BOTH 2 and 3 need to be considered for reduced cast times/delays and if they should be full-body animation lock.
4th ability is fine but it should either lose the drain OR duration+lowered initial cost to bring it in line with the consistency of energy costs for other drain/duration abilities.

passive ok

1st ability void status effect atract bullets in body, when we want them to hit head. That way this dmg buff is nerfing dmg output from weapons. There is few wepons to benefit from it but houndreds that are bad with it. change void status effect area. Center of it should appeare where bullet hit or change shape to cylinder insted of sphere. In  cylinder atrractor you still need aim vertical to get headshot.

2nd to low range of grab, can't recast, meh dmg. you should make it able to recast to reach max weapons in our hands and same way increase dmg.

3rd add 2-5m extra range, and speed up cast of laser.

4th it cost 100 and it's drain ability. pls reduce cost. dmg increse would be nice, it is selfdestruct.

On 2020-09-01 at 3:03 AM, NoLazyShadow said:

how to fix Xaky - rework void damage. Easy

That’s not going to fix her 4 having both energy drain and duration, her 2 dealing no damage because it uses enemy damage, her 3 having 2 useless modes, her passive basically being a reskin of Nyx’s, her 4 giving dodge chance instead of DR.

Simply giving Void Damage it’s much needed buff isn’t going to fix Xaku.

Archived