Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Xaku Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

3 hours ago, Dreyazed said:

Grasp of Lohk does not feel like it lives up to expectations.

Expectation: grab enemies' guns, and shoot all of them at once!

Reality: a generic turret that follows you around and shoots generic energy beams at enemies who are basically in melee range.

Even if it has to be an augment, I dearly would love to be able to fire something approximating the actual guns we steal, by pressing the fire button, towards the crosshair. Currently it just feels like a copy of Protea's turret that follows you and only shoots at point blank range.

Wrong, the expectation for Grasp of Lohk was that it was going to suck. So the ability being bad means it met expectations.

Ok, I'm already test out Xaku phase 1 change and this is my op.

1. Vast untime is very successful adjustment, It's make Xaku less intense to keep all skill woking form short duration. and make us save a lot energy to maintain that.

2.Grasp of Lohk - increse cast speed is successful, I no longer got kill by jump into enermy group to do that. Together with increase disarm range make it a lot more comfort to do so. "BUT" I still resist to say "Please give us more Fire range" I don't know what happen with DE, While most complain about this skill is it's fire range was too short. Again we not steal enemy gun to use it smack on them, we steal it to shoot them. Now this skill is useful disarm, but not much useful as DD unless you go in to Melee them. With high range, this skill is not that bad damage compre to Energy. But as i use to say, If you compare very same skill like Protea's Blaze Artillery. You will notice that why ppl complain.

Blaze Artillery  - Damage = Fairly strong on high duration, with high fire rate, useful Heat debuff  - Range = Fair with unmod, long range with modded - Utilize = Can place anytime anywhere with max 3 , Fast speed - Result = It's pure DD ability with little cc ability form heat proc, which you can use it anytime any which no additional condition, Fast and Furious

Grasp of Lohk - Damage = Just Fair with high Range modded and at least 8 gun stolen, quite low fire rate, no addional useful element buff. - Range = Fair Disarm range, Very poor Shoot range - Utilize = Useful for disarm, but fail as DD, require to disarm to use it as DD < this critical conditon in case of none of disarm target in zone or little number of target around = this skill will be doom in that condition>

If DE aim for Grasp of Lohk to be disarm skill, I must say it's got some successful. But as DD, with many traded off condition. I say it's may fair to buff some of attack part of this skill to compensate the requirement of use. I'm not ask for increase damage thing cause DE always have a problem with it (always feel bad to give somthing stronger). Just ask for add some shoot range to make it really useable as a gun!

3.Deny, Oh god, since i see this skill on Dev stream. I know it's must be bad. And it's really. I test it on 175 Heavy gunner, 8 gun form Grasp of Lohk, And enemy was in the area of -50 percent defend reduciton (I test on Range conditon since Range is most profit to Xaku) 8 gun! and it's hit like 10 percent of it's HP! haha really? 75 En on skill 3, linear laser beam that very hard to hit something with some cc ability (in case of hit! and enemy not die!) Yes it's casting faster, but this adjustment not really help this skill in term of usage. Please DE, your target DD ability is never ever deal good damage, you can see that list on many frame. But at least it on skill1! some not useful skill on skill1 for 25 en not 75 en for nothing.

Sigh... Please

Move this Deny to skill 1, let's it be part of Xata's Whisper! Click for Deny, Hold for Void Buff, This skill not worth 75 en in any mean. And believe me. none of player put Xata's whisper to any other frame cause need this Deny.

Let's - Lost - left only 2 skill so we can get rid of skill wheel for god sake!  just click for Accuse, Hold for Gaze. or reverse i'm not really care. Deny is not worth to stay as 75 en - skill 3!  Or if you can't do that just get rid of Deny, skill wheel is very bad when you try to use skill and you waste time to rotate it. And the worst is it like you try to wheel 2 thing while got one junk keep switching in position.

4.Survival potential. I must say that Xaku really bit better with AoE damage reduction. But it's sitll not fix the real issue of Evasion problem. You may not hit, but when hit you hit very hard. It's like you trade off defend for evasion not profit form it. Ok this is only think i may ask. Please let's adaptation active even bullet that pass through him. that all i ask for. It's will fix lucky hard hitting problem so you no need to adjust evasion rate to compensate the defend. Make evasion as real buff not defend trade off.

On 2020-08-22 at 3:07 AM, [DE]Bear said:

Xaku is here with all their Void-Channeling glory! The newest Warframe is a creation of the community and has a lot of unique powers:

• Passive - Xaku has a 25% chance that shots will pass right through them!
  • Xata’s Whisper - Add Void damage to all your attacks!
  • Grasp of Lohk - Take the enemy’s weapons and use them to fight back!
  • The Lost - Cycle through one of three abilities:
    • Accuse - create an area that turns enemies within its radius on their former allies!
    • Gaze - Trap enemies in a Void Cage, reducing Armor and Shields of other enemies in range
    • Deny - fire a Void beam that strips Sentient resistances, and hold aloft any survivors!
  • The Vast Untime - Shed your outer layers to increase your passive evasion chance to 75%, and gain a speed boost! Cast it again to reform!

I think that the story of how xaku was formed needs to get made for the leverian, sooner rather than later :)

All that we know is some of  their powers: (maybe they were early warframes?)

Xata with her Whisper and Gaze

Lohk with his Grasp and Deny

The Vast with it's Accuse & Untime

Reposting here from the updates thread for more visibility:

Just got done with a 1 hour Steel Path Kuva survival run with Xaku and I must say that one change to The Vast Untime has improved their kit considerably. Duration isn't quite as necessary since their 4 can let you maintain Gaze targets and the buffs from their first two abilities almost indefinitely which improves Xaku's energy economy by quite a bit. With nearly 200% power strength, the disarmed turrets were chewing through high level targets within the Gaze radius pretty nicely without having to worry about refreshing their duration every 15 seconds, which was an absolute pain before the buffs. Even so, I still used a Primed Continuity to allow their 4 to maintain almost 40 seconds of uptime, which felt pretty comfortable overall.

Range is definitely a high priority stat for my build to work efficiently. I'm currently running 250% range and even then it felt a little cramped. Even with two Gaze targets evenly spaced out. The firing range on Xaku's 2 and the radius of Gaze really needs a slight buff to make them not feel quite as restrictive. 

Deny and Accuse however are still terrible abilities and no amount of buffs to them will make them worth using. They either need to be reworked or removed from their kit entirely.

1 hour ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Reposting here from the updates thread for more visibility:

Just got done with a 1 hour Steel Path Kuva survival run with Xaku and I must say that one change to The Vast Untime has improved their kit considerably. Duration isn't quite as necessary since their 4 can let you maintain Gaze targets and the buffs from their first two abilities almost indefinitely which improves Xaku's energy economy by quite a bit. With nearly 200% power strength, the disarmed turrets were chewing through high level targets within the Gaze radius pretty nicely without having to worry about refreshing their duration every 15 seconds, which was an absolute pain before the buffs. Even so, I still used a Primed Continuity to allow their 4 to maintain almost 40 seconds of uptime, which felt pretty comfortable overall.

Range is definitely a high priority stat for my build to work efficiently. I'm currently running 250% range and even then it felt a little cramped. Even with two Gaze targets evenly spaced out. The firing range on Xaku's 2 and the radius of Gaze really needs a slight buff to make them not feel quite as restrictive. 

Deny and Accuse however are still terrible abilities and no amount of buffs to them will make them worth using. They either need to be reworked or removed from their kit entirely.

I like accuse. Huge AOE CC. Enemies don't fight you and you can slice right through them. I find Gaze to be limiting. You're restricted to staying in or near that area to get the effect of reduced defenses. Mobility is key to living, and that ability limits it. 

1 hour ago, Necrosaur said:

I think that the story of how xaku was formed needs to get made for the leverian, sooner rather than later :)

Well... Untime would definitely have to do with Khra

So the Xaku changes were a good step in the right direction, but a couple of points still need to be addressed:

• Void status procs are still detrimental due to them turning headshots into bodyshots, and generally not stacking. People have posted lots of good ideas, just do something with it that is not an actual disadvantage for us.
  • Accuse needs to become recastable in the same way as Grasp of Lohk (i.e. new cast replaces the effect of the previous one). Especially now that The Vast Untime halts the timer, it means you cannot accuse new targets for a very long times as long as even one of them is still alive.
  • Base range of Accuse and Gaze must be increase by 50%, right now range mods are still mandatory to make these ability useful to begin with.
  • Gaze armor strip needs to be increased to 70% default value. Right now it takes multiple power strength mods to reach 100% here, which is the only meaningful threshold, and all other similar abilites do 70% by default for the same reason. Otherwise, Xaku builds become too restrictive especially also in light of the need for power range mods in addition to power strength.
  • Please make the infested overgrowth on from Xata's Whisper an option in the Arsenal. Many players, myself included, hate the look of it, which also makes this ability much less desirable as a subsumed ability in the Helminth.

Deny still feels annoying to use even with the changes. Its damage is nicer now with the synergy with Grasp of Lohk, but an ability you need to aim while being rooted to the spot during its charge time is just not especially fun. I'd love to see the beam size increased dramatically so it becomes both more visually impressive and easier to hit with. Likewise, I think the synergy with the Grasped guns should have a visual element - imagine the guns adding their own beams to the main one, Death Star laser-style.

Alternatively, giving the ability multiple beams which independently target different enemies could be good. Each added gun could instead fire its own beam, rather than simply adding damage to the main shot. It mainly feels like it needs more "oomph" for the amount of casting time involved, or for its casting time to be further reduced.

Another alternative (maybe an augment?) would be for the beam to fire for a continuous amount of time, like the classic Operator chest beam, allowing you to aim it dynamically after casting.

For that matter, a lot of Xaku's abilities would feel nicer if you were able to continue moving while casting. The delay wouldn't feel so hampering if you could continue to position up to the point where it went off. Even if it slowed you down (consider Garuda's 4th), it'd feel more able to keep up with the hectic pace of enemy movements.

After testing the first wave of changes on steel path, here's what I have to say (if you want a TL;DR, just read the stuff in bold/bold+italics):

Passive: I can tell there's an improvement in survivability, but I'm not sure if it's because I'm getting better or if it's the buff's to the passive effect. I still feel very squishy more often than I'd like to, even with adaptation and umbral vitality at 2/3 set bonus.

Xata's Whisper: Not much changed, the damage bonus is barely felt on armored enemies just like it used to, the main use for this ability for me is when using high status chance automatic weapons, so I can do void procs easily. If this ability would also somehow increase the status chance of the weapons to go along with the void damage buff in order to proc void procs more consistently it'd be nice.

Grasp of Lohk: Much, much better now. The cast speed, the ability to re-cast, it's great. Sadly, I still feel like the main reason to use this ability is just to disarm the enemies rather than to actually get the flying weapons, but it may just be my build not being optimized for it.

The Lost:

This ability feels really awkard to use for me. Other toggleable abilities on other frames always had some common aspect to the sub-abilities which made them feel like they are a part of the same ability. You always shoot a tactical arrow with Ivara, you throw a mine with Vauban, you give A command to Venari as Khora. The controls are always the same, which makes it easy to understand. With the lost it's not the case - Gaze requires a target, accuse is an AOE around where you are aiming at and Deny is an AOE in a rectangle in front of you. I realize that at this point it'll be very hard to go back and change the way these 3 abilities work to be consistent with eachother, but I had to get it off of my chest. Now, to the abilities themselves:

• Gaze: Still the best ability in the kit. I think I'd like it more if you'd increased the range, maybe at the cost of a slightly shorter duration, since with the new The Vast Untime "pause" effect the duration sometimes feel unnecessarily long, while the coverage is still not very good.
  • Accuse: I would really like it if you'd add the ability to re-cast it to release your currently converted enemies & convert a new batch of enemies the same way you can now re-cast Grasp of Lohk to get a new batch of weapons. Also, add the ability to hold to uncast the ability with no energy cost, since objectives that require killing all enemies (i.e. defense) won't be completed until they are all dead, so you have to cancel The Vast Untime and wait for Accuse to run out, in which time other abilities you might want to keep active will also run out.
  • Deny: Severely underwhelming, even with 9 guns by my side, and feeling very out of place in their kit.
    Why? Xaku's build is that of a Controller - slowing enemies, disarming enemies, turning enemies on eachother, creating debuff zones and so on. Since they can also do void damage, they can proc a lot of void procs which pull projectiles towards enemies, encouraging you as a player to use weapons as your main source of DPS since abilities aren't affected by thouse bubbles.
    Now, Deny has three functions:
    • Stripping Sentient resistances: Xata's Whisper does it better - you cast it once for 1/3 the price, then pay 1 bullet every time you want to strip resistances, and since you probably already have it active at all times (unless you replaced it with Helminth's help, of course) then why bother using Deny?
    • Doing void damage: Again, since you already have void damage on your (probably) highly damaging weapons from Xata's Whisper which is both cheaper and stays for a long duration, this aspect of the ability feels pointless too.
      Sure, it does more damage per shot (80K in my build when I have the maximum ammount of stolen void guns), but for a base cost of thee times that of Xata's Whisper per beam, when I can cast the latter once and then squeeze my Sepulcrum's trigger twice and do around 65% more base damage, which will also be modded to be effective against the current faction I'm facing, have a chance to proc DoT status effects AND still having the benefits of resistance stripping and void procs as Deny thanks to Xata's Whisper? I think the coice is clear (I realize the Sepulcrum is a very extreme example, but it just comes to show how problematic the damage of this ability is). If you want this ability to be used as a damaging tool, make the damage scale with the level of the enemies who's weapons you stole, just like Grasp of Lohk. Visually, make it so that each void weapon shoots an additional beam to indicate the fact that they contribute to the damage total and also to look bloody awsome.
    • Hard CC - suspending enemies in the air: The ability to lift enemies IS nice and goes well with their role (Accuse may be better since converted enemies draw attention, but it can only convert a limited number of targets and it's size is smaller so there is still use for Deny), but it can be better. Specifically, I feel like the width of the CC effect needs improvement. To expand upon the existing synergy, you should make the width of the ability scale according to the number of weapons you have stolen (Something between 5%-10% wider per weapon would probably be good, but it needs to be tested)
  • The Vast Untime: I love it, I love it, I LOVE IT! The only thing I can think of that I want more is for you to make it clearer which enemy is affected by the debuff, since currently the vapors coming off of debuffed enemies is very hard to see. I'm not sure how, but I'm sure you can come up with a good solution.
    Also, since it's now even more important to keep your eye on the duration of this ability and the end-of-ability animation isn't easily noticable (or at least it is hard to notice with my color scheme), please add a clearer countdown timer somewhere close to the center of the screen, similar to the one that appears during the invulnerability phase of Harrow's 4th ability.

Overall, I really love the latest changes you implemented, especially the pause effect for The Vast Untime which has lifted their kit so much and tied it all together like... well, like 3 broken warframes, but there is still some polishing to be done and I really hope you'll listen to this feedback and make this community warframe as fun to play as it ought to be.

Thank you!

It would be great if Deny would be a beam that you could sweep around to hit multiple targets. Make it Duration based to how long the beam is active for.  Right now it's hard to hit anything with it due to it's start up time.

Would be great to start up Deny and sweep the beam across 3-4 mobs on one side of the room. Acuse a few mobs on the other side of the room. Have those mobs attack the Denied. Then Gaze one of them to make the whole killing process go much faster

6 minutes ago, (PS4)apatrone13 said:

It would be great if Deny would be a beam that you could sweep around to hit multiple targets. Make it Duration based to how long the beam is active for.  Right now it's hard to hit anything with it due to it's start up time.

Agreed. I'd suggest make it similar to Grendel's Feast, where you can sweep your reticle to tag new enemies and sort of extend the duration of the Void beam in Deny's case.

Xaku's changes phase 1 tested.
Love it ^ ^
Xaku became far more efficient on the field, thanks to Vast untime freezing the timers, and grasp of lohk reaching it's cap easily.
The passive changes are appreciated, as well as the true neutral damage of the void.

Now, let's see the lasts clunky things that remains..

Xata's whisper:
The bullet attractors, have to leave.
Why void's statut is bullet attractor ? What is the.. "lore" logic here ?
The lore makes us think the Void is wild, impredictible, strange..
A bunch of random status effects of all sort would make more sense.
An intensification or a random reroll of current status effects..
Bullet attractors give me the sensation of preventing the fun of my allies. I really don't want to be the player who prevents headshots of Harrow for example.

Grasp of lohk:
It's became efficient. Too efficient xD
But it's warframe, it's normal. So, I consider the ability is now perfect.
The only thing it lacks, is quite optionnal: gain damage with xata's whisper active.
Side note: I noticed some weird behaviors, it attacked an allied pet, without doing damage.
So, maybe the list of possible target needs a check ^^'

Lost: the clunky things here, remain the same.

• Gaze:
    Most of the target I choose, are dead during the cast, killed by grasp of lohk xD
    And, grasp of lohk continues to fire on this target. Why ?
    Could it stop when it "understands" that the target will be dead when released ?
  • Deny:
    Again, most of the target I choose, are dead during the cast, killed by grasp of lohk, but worst, because It's cost 75. ( far more in my build )
    But the damages seem good, I saw them a few time..
  • Accuse:
    How to explain the clunkyness of this thing..
    It's an ability I like very much in concept. I main Revenant ^^
    And, converting plenty of enemies in allies, to occupy the others, are quite fun and usefull for me.
    But for now, this ability is frustrating, because:
    • You can't recast when you want.
    • Now it can be "eternal" thanks to the vast untime..
    • The allies are sometimes targeted, sometimes not, by Grasp of Lohk shots.

And.. Vast untime has no clunky element I can think of right now..

So, I repeat my solution that could solve all of the Lost issues in one go.
"Keep holding" °^°

• Gaze:
    • Keep holding, and it will target the nearest enemy of the one you choosed and who was killed during the cast <.< Frustration is gone.
    • Keep holding, on your initial cast, to progressively increase the resistance debuff to the cap. Xaku will no longer need 200% power strength to reach this goal, and plenty or other builds would become interesting.
  • Accuse:
    • Hold to cast, as usual. Can be recast. It has a cost, don't worry.
      The energy pool is supposed to be the spam limiter.
    • Keep holding, to overload the targets, may cost a little more.
      They will become explosive on death, and targetable by grasp of lohk, controlled chaos ^^
  • Deny:
    • Keep holding, to fire a constant beam, no need of high fire rate.
    • Cost enery/sec. A cost that could increase during the use.

I like this solution of keep holding, because we already have the finger on the key °^° it' simple..
I hope you consider it, at least in imagination for five minutes please..

Last little things that would be nice:

• A visible counter of grasp of lohk weapons.
  • Vast untime animation: Pieces of Xaku returning to them one by one as the duration ticking. But.. maybe make it an optional check box in arsenal.
    There are people who like the skeleton look, and people who complain about having to always be in skeleton form because of the new way of playing Xaku, and so, cosmetic are gone..
    But it's the community warframe, the maximum of people have to be happy with it if possible.. so.. I tried a suggestion ^^'

I return playing : D
Looking foward for phase 2 ^ ^

Based on Heart of Deimos: Update 29.1.0 Xaku Changes

I'm using Energize/Naramon and have varied it with Guardian and Grace - not sure either help.

Edit : Further testing shows Guardian and Grace to be useless on Xaku, basically both Arcane's are 25%/75% less effective.

Xata's Whisper

The changes to void damage make this a free damage buff with lots of uptime. Edit: Not sure if the status effect is helping buff condition overload.

But the void status proc is not great for head shot gameplay. An idea would be to change it to several smaller (non overlapping) bubbles, which make or may not appear on the head. Either way it would leave the head free to be shot but a boost if a small bubble happens to appear there.

Grasp of Lohk

Making this recast-able was a great change to survivability (if i remember to do it!).

The only change I think would be instead of flushing the old guns out, when recasting, it could refresh the duration and if in range of new enemies, top up the weapons if there are free slots.

Can actually be dangerous to use at high level too close to enemies due to them resorting to melee attacks.

The range seems fine, Xaku is not meant to be Mesa (or Protea). Edit : I have added more range into my build in improve the CC behaviour and help make capturing guns easier.

Damage is good at low level (30~) or higher up when combined with high strength and Gaze.

It shouldn't target the the enemy held by Gaze, as this is annoying in mobile/ defence/ interception where you stand near a objective.

Edit : Would like to request it also not target synthesis targets.

The Lost

The main issue a mix of the speed of switching between them and casting speed.

The activation delays are clearly set to a very safe speed to avoid accidental presses but I feel like I'm standing still to use them once the action heats up.

Could the delays be made configurable and added to the in game options menu? Mutli-ablity activation speed and Mutli-ablity switch delay - This would also benefit frames like Ivara, but especially Wisp and Grendel.

Accuse

When used its OK for additional survivability, with the caveat that near level 200 in steel path it can be dangerous :)

Gaze

I wasn't able to keep 200% (179) power strength with super range so I'm at 160%, but i find that restrictive at high level, but cant comprise as duration on 4 is very important and lowering power strength means more hits to kill higher level grinner.

Deny

The high energy cost to kill or CC one enemy doesn't seem worth it (I have not tested it yet on a demolyst) . A mechanism for  some % energy refund might make it more friendly. Edit : Tested it on low level and high level demolysts, seems to work on them like other CC types but not worth it. At high level they simply dispel it almost immediately.

In its current form, the range limit could probably be removed without it being game breaking?

The Vast Untime

The duration freeze makes this one of the most interesting abilities in the game. Being highly active and with lot of duration is needed to gain the energy savings for the other abilities.

Main issues left are -

Automatic deactivation needs to be better conveyed. When nothing is going on its easy to see Xaku reform, but with the particles in full flow I have repeatability missed it.

AOE is still very dangerous, after 40 mins solo on steel path Selkie random no warning deaths start to occur. (not status proc related) Unfortunately this is time when you really want to stay in the mission as the eximius are only getting up to good numbers.

Edit : All the damage reduction/ehp increase arcanes's Grace, Guardian, Barrier and Aegis are much less effective. To make up for this, making the slow an aura that follows around Xaku may help?

-----

Overall I think Xaku is in a much better place.

-----

Grendel needs similar tweaks, he is not as bad as made out but has issues. (hunter adrenaline/rage and energize are basically required) - his theme is funny and could be made a lot more fun!

Please look into the the cost to make use of Grendels passive (think steel path) , maybe giving the armor a decay rate rather than simply vanishing or his one an efficiency scaled buffer of 10 enemies for no drain at 100% (500 armour). At the moment he flips from an extreme amount of armour due to hovering up the nearby enemies but a short time later none due to the energy drain - which then causes issues using his 2.

His two has the same issues as the lost mentioned (Selection/activation), but with the additional problem that he must have high duration due to the costs with his one is best used/supported with them all active.

This three could splash some sticky CC in the area of impact. A Hold press could shoot more enemies at a time. (multi-shot!)

His 4's movement needs more torque so we don't get stopped on stairs or small inclines. Drain is still very high due to his one.

6 hours ago, Necrosaur said:

Xata and Lohk kind of work but the vast untime refers to the void. Xata and Lohk are void words meaning truth and void respectively but could also have been frame names. If that was the theme it could be worth the third frame being Ris meaning light which would a nice call back to the requiem mods.  If you wanted the time theme you could do Khra.

latest?cb=20191101050910

The base durations of his 2, 3 and 4 are still way too short even with the added synergy. 200% strength and high power range being absolutely mandatory from him limit modding him way too much. Also in comparison to other warframes the durations are bad: the base duration of Roar is 30 seconds, all Octavia's abilities are minimum 20 seconds (4 is 30), Gauss's 2 and 4 are 30 seconds each, Grendel's buffs are 25 seconds and the elemental damage augment buffs (Shock Trooper etc) are 40 seconds at base.

In Xaku's case, anywhere below 20 seconds duration for any of his abilities is extremely bad. 25 seconds for 2 and 3 and 30 seconds for 4 would be perfect in my opinion.

Also 75 energy for Deny and Accuse is a goddamn joke. His energy economy is also pretty bad still.

XAKU: waste time debuffing enemies and buffing yourself with forced synergy while your team actually does something. 

1: void damage to weapons. This is not good unless the enemies are affected by your 4 explosion and even then it is lacking. The %bonus is lower than roar and roar can be used with good damage types.

2: disarm and turret. it's fine. kind of takes up a lot of screen space and wont really do damage unless enemies are within your debuff zone. also will not attack allied units, this can be seen as good or bad. affects deny damage, lol. deny is trash. 

3: defense debuff is either too small or needs less str requirement. I would prefer a larger range or a rework to just have the ability be an aura around xaku. sitting in one place is boring and limits the use of this ability in general. most fun missions require you to keep going different places. not only do you need to stay in one spot but you need an enemy to cast it on... laser beam is trash and only clutters the ui. personal, I dislike all 3 in 1 abilities, they ruin the flow of the game. the ally conversion is fine.

4: slow enemies, and increase void damage effectiveness. pause duration, for xaku abilities only, i tested this with other helminth abilities and they were not paused. 

Takeaway

overall this frame feels more like work than fun to play. he requires too many abilities active at once to be effective. this is what I mean by forced synergy. standard synergy means that abilities do not rely on each other to work but actually add something beneficial. 

one sugestion with Xaku's 2. i think that grasp of lohk's damage should scale with enemy level... i mean, if he is taking a heavy gunner's gun (or any gun), it reasonable to think that the higher the enemy level, the more damage their's guns should do... i mean, they "one shot" us at high levels and do almost nothing in low levels.  Also please, make the grasp of lohk's guns prioritize other enemies than the ones affected by gaze. 

Accuse on the other hand, while affected with the vast untime, it get's a little annoying since the enemies affected by it start dying eventually and, since the ability won't end with the timer frozen, you gotta hunt the remaining enemies to be able to recast it.

For the rest of his kit... maybe deny is a bit expensive... 75 energy is a bit too much for a beam affecting a small amount of enemies in a straight line... so maybe diminishing the energy cost, or making it affect enemies in a cone's area.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

I like accuse. Huge AOE CC. Enemies don't fight you and you can slice right through them. I find Gaze to be limiting. You're restricted to staying in or near that area to get the effect of reduced defenses. Mobility is key to living, and that ability limits it. 

Not during my testing. With 194% Strength and 250% range. Enemies that come close literally melt in seconds from my 2's void replicas. Why even bother wasting time CCing them when you can just kill them instead? Not to mention Accuse can't be recast unless it expires or all the enemies you've charmed are dead.

As for living, just the combination of Rolling Guard and Shield gating was enough to keep me alive during a pinch. 

21 minutes ago, OG-Falcon said:

one sugestion with Xaku's 2. i think that grasp of lohk's damage should scale with enemy level...

Read my comment above. 👆

Spoiler

n4wLl9w.png

As if it matters.

Post U29.1.0:

Passive - The AoE damage reduction is a good improvement, but the Vast Untime change makes it feel like you are being punished for not keeping it up for the damage avoidance and AoE DR. This makes your initial build-up and times when "energy leech" Eximus units come out of the woodwork worse than I think it needs to be.

Additionally: Few "survivability mods" do much to improve "squishy" Warframes when facing higher level enemies. Please make more...preferably ones that don't just continue to benefit tanky Warframes way better in comparison.

Xata’s Whisper - Making Void damage neutral to all enemy health/armor types was a step in the right direction, but the status proc needs some work.

Now I've heard a lot of other players suggest having it aim for headshots, but I have a feeling that won't happen. Xata's Whisper and Operators are widely available resources that can be utilized on any loadout, so giving easily accessible auto-headshots may be viewed as unacceptable by some there at DE.

I've also heard many point out how a "bullet attractor" bubble doesn't really fit Void damage as much as it does Magnetic, and I would agree. The main talent of the Void that we've seen repeatedly is its innate capacity to mimic. I don't have a particularly great suggestion for an alternative long-term status effect, but I do have one for the interim: Have the bubble give a damage multiplier to projectiles that hit the target inside. A 2x multiplier would match the average headshot multiplier without applying "on headshot" bonuses, yet still provide a consistent damage increase. It would also (for the time being) expand the Warframe, weapon, and Amp "effectiveness pool" for Eidolons (as Void status is the only status that can be proc'd).

Additional note: Why does the ability create Infested tissue? And why is it aesthetically un-adjustable?

Grasp of Lohk - The increased disarm speed has slightly improved "into the fray" survivability, the ability to recast improves the consistency of power this ability can achieve, and the Vast Untime duration freeze synergy drastically improved duration and long-term cost efficiency. The increased disarm range is also an improvement, but the "weapons" need a consistent firing range. No matter the player's ability range, Grasp of Lohk "weapons" should have a static "fire range" stat.

Additionally, the current "Threat Level" of Gazed enemies for Grasp of Lohk "weapons" is a bit high. It somewhat makes the ability feel like a waste of energy whenever they continue firing on a Gazed enemy that is probably dead already, when there are plenty of alive and mobile enemy that are also in close proximity.

While I have noticed some players wish to have Grasp of Lohk "weapons" be able to hit Accused enemies, I would have to disagree. Doing so would cut into the survivability benefits of having active Accused enemies, as well as potentially decrease the DPS increase value the "weapons" provide as it further splits their focus. 

The Lost - For beginner play and against Sortie/multi-hour endless mission/Steel Path enemies, these abilities have consistent value. For everything in-between, these quickly become pointless to cast.

• Accuse - Being able to recast Accuse would improve its "player/objective survivability" benefits.
  • Gaze - I went Transient Fortitude + Umbral Intensify w/ Umbral Vitality to reach 200% Strength, and doing so makes this a very effective tool against groups of heavily armored (or Sortie shield-boosted) enemies. It otherwise becomes rather pointless to cast, but at least not casting it saves on energy consumption.
  • Deny - It feels quite sluggish, and there are few moments where I feel the need to utilize it. The best uses I've found for it are to hold Nightwave "glassed" enemies when I have no melee, and to slow down the momentum of Disruption targets. Neither of which really benefit much from the increased damage from the Grasp of Lohk "weapon" damage multiplier. I'm sure there are other uses, but I haven't found any that weapons can't do easily on their own (or with Gaze/Grasp of Lohk).

The Vast Untime - The low duration of The Lost abilities (combined with their base energy cost of 75) actively encourages keeping the Vast Untime up as much as possible, as its energy efficiency increases the more abilities you have actively held. It's neat, but there needs to be a more noticeable visual transition when the Vast Untime ends.

And I don't have an issue with this part...but if players are going to be hanging around in "skeleton mode" more often than they previously were, aesthetics may become a concern for some. 

Post-Rework

• The  Lost - Deny
    •  Please reduce the energy cost to at most 50 for just Deny. 75 is way to expensive for a direct-line crowd control. Titania's spellbind costs only 25 for a crowd in an area. The damage is good only when in combination with Grasp of Lohk. The energy cost discourages the use of this ability especially when Xaku is an energy-hungry frame.

• The Vast Untime -
    • The slow effect and void vulnerability really needs to be a constant aura effect, like Equinox's Pacify & Provoke or Hildryn's Haven when it is active. Now it calls for frequently deactivation and activate again to slow and weaken another crowd of enemies when you run around. This ability should encourage you to stay as long as possible in the skeleton form for the benefits, but to apply the slow and weaken again on the next pile of enemies you will have to deactivate and activate again, which is cumbersome and a waste of energy. Also 75% evasion is too luck reliant to survive. Once a bullet gets the 25% chance then you are dead. 
    • Adding 25% slow effect is reasonable for Xaku's survivability. This will not make it overpowered since 1) the slow effect only affects nearby enemies; 2) 25% is not that high when you compare with others like Nova and Equinox. You don't have to raise the slowing, just make it constantly affecting surrounding enemies is enough. 

Archived