Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Xaku Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

Passive - Xaku has a 25% chance that shots will pass right through them! -----> its okay. i guess...

Xata’s Whisper - Add Void damage to all your attacks! -----> adds 0 additional damage. weapons seem weaker.

Grasp of Lohk - Take the enemy’s weapons and use them to fight back! -----> it was supposed to scale. guess what... it doesn't.

The Lost - Cycle through one of three abilities:

Accuse - create an area that turns enemies within its radius on their former allies! -----> useless as revenants 1, unless you are playing solo. atleast make them unkillable lol

Gaze - Trap enemies in a Void Cage, reducing Armor and Shields of other enemies in range -----> this might be the only good ability in his kit

Deny - fire a Void beam that strips Sentient resistances, and hold aloft any survivors! -----> costs 75 energy. deals 0 dmg. isnt even AOE.

The Vast Untime - shed your outer layers to grant 75% damage resistance and a speed boost! Cast it again to reform! -----> damage resistance or 75% dodge chance? decide. or if you want to leave dodge chance make it scaleable with ability power or add passive count to it when activated.

And the last thing. If you are saying live that ability scale with enemy level, grants 75% damage reduction, adds damage to attacks, make it like that in a game. And start listening to the players.

I just want to know why building their Chassis is locked behind getting max rank with Solaris United (5 Gyromag Systems). The grind is ridiculous. The cynic in me just thinks DE wants to frustrate the player enough to get them to just spend the plat and buy Xaku in the store.

Third time is the charm, I guess. After several formas into Xaku, here are my thoughts:

* Void damage and status needs a buff. Remove the 50% malus against Cloned Flesh and Fossilized. Make the Bullet Attractor status behave like the field generated by a thrown Scourge, i.e. aim for heads and weakpoints.

* Either Double the duration of Grasp of Lohk, or alternatively make each stolen gun have its own (non-refreshable) duration, and allow the ability to be recast to collect more guns from enemies that have not had theirs stolen yet (so you could have a rolling collection of guns floating besides you).

* Increase the cast speed of most abilities. They feel needlessly clunky with some of the longish animations, when tried with Natural Talent the Xaku felt like a lot more fluid and fun, but this mod shouldn't feel nigh necessary. In particular I am thinking of The Vast Untime, Grasp of Lohk, and Deny.

* Remove the continous energy drain from The Vast Untime. I was considering wether instead the initial energy cost should be reduced and the max duration removed, but I don't think the ability should be a possibly permanent (if you manage to refill from energy orbs) transformation, but a special moment when you have it activate and are superpowered. Therefore, just let it be a regular ultimate with finite duration and the usual 100 energy base cost, but no drain.

About Void status effect. I think that instead of bullet attractor effect (which is a bit weird) it could be a weakness to other status effects. As long as Void status is applied to a target bleed ticks would be is twice as strong, slow effect from freezing twice as long, armor loss from corrosion twice the value and so on.

42 minutes ago, Mephane said:

Third time is the charm, I guess. After several formas into Xaku, here are my thoughts:

* Void damage and status needs a buff. Remove the 50% malus against Cloned Flesh and Fossilized. Make the Bullet Attractor status behave like the field generated by a thrown Scourge, i.e. aim for heads and weakpoints.

* Either Double the duration of Grasp of Lohk, or alternatively make each stolen gun have its own (non-refreshable) duration, and allow the ability to be recast to collect more guns from enemies that have not had theirs stolen yet (so you could have a rolling collection of guns floating besides you).

* Increase the cast speed of most abilities. They feel needlessly clunky with some of the longish animations, when tried with Natural Talent the Xaku felt like a lot more fluid and fun, but this mod shouldn't feel nigh necessary. In particular I am thinking of The Vast Untime, Grasp of Lohk, and Deny.

* Remove the continous energy drain from The Vast Untime. I was considering wether instead the initial energy cost should be reduced and the max duration removed, but I don't think the ability should be a possibly permanent (if you manage to refill from energy orbs) transformation, but a special moment when you have it activate and are superpowered. Therefore, just let it be a regular ultimate with finite duration and the usual 100 energy base cost, but no drain.

All of these points need to be considered.

Additionally, fix the tooltips and descriptions. His 3 is needlessly complex considering the tooltip gives you no real information to go on. I had to look up what it was actually doing on the wiki.

Also regarding the 3rd ability, none of the functions are really that useful. The beam is pointless when you consider his 1 strips resistances off sentients alread and flat damage abilities just suck in general. The area debuff/lockdown thing is okay but the range on it is quite bad. The other one (accuse) just sucks all around. Doesn't seem to be as useful as simply applying rad procs to a group with multitudes of readily available weapons.

His 2 is also completely useless. From my testing the guns fire ridiculously slow for how pathetic the damage output is. The duration is also really low. We don't like spamming button-presses for mediocre abilities. When will you guys figure this out? It doesn't make the ability overpowered if it has a reasonable duration. Just up the dang casting cost if you're worried about the cost/time equation or whatever.

One more thing. 

What exactly is "dodge" on the 4? Is this the same stat as evasion? Is it something new (I've not read 'dodge' on anything else)? Does it stack with his passive? Is this meant to be damage reduction, like you said he was going to have? In your official patch release notes you said, "Temporarily shed the outer pieces of Xaku in a destructive blast, then stalk the battlefield in a new swifter skeletal form. Enemies damaged by the body shrapnel are rendered weaker to Void damage. While Xaku is in their skeletal form, they have 75% damage reduction and increased mobility. Recast at any time to bring Xaku back together again."

There is nothing in the tooltips about damage reduction... Please QA your stuff before releasing it, a bit better... Someone on your team should be able to look at the abilities page and the patch release notes to compare if the information is consistent...

Visually, Xaku looks awesome, i like the concept and the model. The animations are on point and most of the powers look visually appealing save some minor issues (see specific abilities). The custom dodge animation looks great, i just wish the snap back in place of the plates was a little sped up like if it was tied by elastic tendrils.

• Passive - Xaku has a 25% chance that shots will pass right through them!

As far as passives goes this one is decent. I feel like there's a missed opportunity to give him some kit synergy like gains armor as you defeat enemies (gains scraps) or something else but at least it works and i see nothing wrong with this passive.

• Xata’s Whisper - Add Void damage to all your attacks!

This ability has one glaring issue; Void as a damage type has no synergies with anything in the game outside of resetting sentient damage resistances. This ability grants no noticeable damage bonus when tested against most targets. The fix for this should come as a more general fix to make Void damage apply to the weakest resistance of all enemies or change this ability to provide a damage buff to attacks that will target the target's weakness.

• Grasp of Lohk - Take the enemy’s weapons and use them to fight back!

Great concept, love the visuals (could make the guns a little smaller for the sake of visual clarity), poor execution and very inconsistent performance. This ability will require substantial bug fixes beyond just increasing numbers.

Grasp of Lohk's range is too low to be used as true crowd control ability; you have to be close proximity of enemies to get the most out of it.

The damage from the stolen weapons is incredibly inconsistent: Against most corpus enemies it performs admirably, shredding a pack of corpus in seconds, against infestation it somewhat works, damage is acceptable in most cases but a bit on the low side... against Grineer the damage is pitiful and fails miserably. Also quite a few enemies do not work at all when using this ability (Ambulas, Juggernauts etc).

• The Lost - Cycle through one of three abilities:
    • Accuse - create an area that turns enemies within its radius on their former allies!
    • Gaze - Trap enemies in a Void Cage, reducing Armor and Shields of other enemies in range
    • Deny - fire a Void beam that strips Sentient resistances, and hold aloft any survivors!

All of those abilities feel out of place on this frame, like half realized concepts that were put in there just to act as filler. The animation and "cast time" delays feels high and contribute to making Xaku feel sluggish.

Accuse is like a mix of Nyx's 1 and 3 but with horrible range and no real kit synergy. Enemies as allies in Warframe never works because of the numerical differences between player damage and enemy damage.

Gaze is somewhat ok, just feels clunky to use and the range makes this a so so choice when it comes to defense stripping.

Deny is plain bad, the damage will not put a dent in most targets and as a crowd control ability it is clunky due to the lengthy animation and limited area.

• The Vast Untime - shed your outer layers to grant 75% damage resistance and a speed boost! Cast it again to reform!

First i want to point out that 75% chance to dodge attacks is nowhere near to 75% damage resistance (also not sure if DE's implementation of evasion uses entropy or is purely random, some clarification on that would be nice to have).

Visually i have some issues with that ability. For one, it should shed all attachments and sydana's because it looks very weird to have a bunch of non attached objects floating around. 2nd the skeleton walking animations feels out of place and janky, i highly liked one of the suggestions to have it just be a floating wisp like animation.

The ability itself  is average, it does provide some form of damage reduction although one that does not scale and is out shined by many other abilities in the game. As a damage ability it falls flat dealing low damage. As a far as kit synergy we already mentioned that void damage is terrible so granting more of something that is seen as terrible doesn't end up being existing. 

Overall, this Warframe, just like it's concept, feels quite broken. It will take some serious love by DE to bring this one back from being just another Mastery Fodder.

1 - Makes your weapons actually weaker. Make it do ADDITIONAL damage , as in , on top of what you already deal , please. In comparison nourish strike looks way better 

2- The area is weird , sometimes i cast it right on top of a group of enemies and i only get one gun , the damage is not good either

3- All of the abilities are way too expensive for a frame that you already NEED to build with high STR and decent duration and also range , you cannot add efficiency on top of that , therefore it's hard to find the right balance. Deny is also terrible for a 75 energy ability , there is zero incentive to using it because it never kills and only does a weak CC that the accuse does way better

4-The fact that it ruins your fashion frame and on top of that doesn't really give you any buff worth of attention other than the ominous " dodge" buff makes you not want to use this ability at all

The slow on paper sounds good but then you remember how difficult it is to balance between range/dur and str and you're like well what do i do with this

You either have too little range and with how little survivability this frame has , you'll die , or you have too much and the slow is just bad. 

7 hours ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

Only third ability, the sort of "ray" procs it.

shnap, I had a feeling the ult wouldn't proc it but I was hoping grasp of lok atleast would. 

also it works just like mags bubble, just aim towards the top of it and you'll get some headshots. tested it out with the operator.

The majority of Xaku's kit needs to go back to the drawing board but I'm going to attempt to add my input on how to fix what we currently have with some major changes. This frame cannot be left as is. 7 hours of leveling and 7 forma later I've come to realize Xaku's only usefulness is Gaze with 100% defense strip and as much range as possible. To achieve this you are ultimately removing all energy efficiency from the frame to even use any other abilities. Fundamentally this is a flawed concept.. no matter how strong Gaze is.

- Xaku's cast times are unbearable.. Natural Talent is basically a must have mod.. reduce Xaku's cast times by 50% to make it feel more fluid to play. There is simply no room in Xaku's current state of builds to use Natural Talent.

- Xaku's abilities should be dual cast spread amongst ability slots #1-#3 and energy costs slightly reduced. Read below on how to achieve this with better fluidity in Xaku's kit.

- Xata's Whisper is basically a broken concept thanks to Void damage status preventing headshots.. it actually makes your weapons weaker.  Xata's Whisper can be improved by changing it to increase the status chance, fire rate, critical chance, and critical damage of all your weapons by a flat amount up to a 25%. 

- Grasp of Lohk should be moved onto ability #1 alongside Xata's Whisper as a hold to cast so it would free up space to move 1 of the 3 abilities from the #3 ability slot to ability slot #2. Grasp of Lohk has no scaling whatsoever and does nothing against higher level enemies. It only works against enemies who have been 100% armor/shield stripped from Gaze, essentially making Xaku a static objective frame with only 2 abilities that synergize. The range of the gunfire should be doubled or even tripled, with nullifier bubbles being top priority for targeting. Grasp of Lohk for some reason shoots targets entangled in gaze.. this should be fixed to not happen. Rate of fire should be increased by 25% and punch through added with 3m range. Range of grabbing weapons should be increased by 25%. Void damage should be removed and replaced with adaptive ammo that targets enemy weaknesses and possibly Impact damage for mini staggering enemies. 

- Accuse should be moved to Ability slot #2 and Grasp of Lohk should target these enemies when no active enemy is within range. Energy cost reduced to tier 2 levels.

- Deny is a poor mans stasis/lockdown.. and not even worth fumbling through 3 abilities to use this... damage is worthless and doesn't provide anything but single target CC. This ability would be better suited as a dual #3 ability and set to press to cast. Gaze should be on ability slot #3 as hold to cast. Deny could be improved by creating a stasis/lift AoE within 10m or so when an enemy is hit, locking down multiple enemies in one skillful shot. To compensate the duration could be reduced by 50%.

- Gaze is very powerful at 100% defense reduction and is kinda overpowered... but Grasp of Lohk requires 100% defense reduction to be effective vs high level enemies. This ability should be capped at 50-75% and the range/duration doubled if improvements are made to Grasp of Lohks effectiveness.

- The Vast Untime.. don't have many complaints here other than the channeled drain removes any reason to use this ability with the way Xaku's kit is currently designed on low durations and multiple casts. Zenurik is completely negated by the drain and it's basically required with the way Xaku is currently being built. The Vast Untime can be improved by removing the drain, and adding an Aura-Slow+Grasp of Lohk double damage on a fixed lower duration of around 30 seconds. This ability should be able to be canceled at any time by pressing 4 and recast as needed. This will allow players to use it as a mobile speed ability or a toggle slow.

If your job was to deliver a broken frame, that goal was literally achieved. I hope my input is heard an taken into consideration. Alot of potential to be had here with Xaku but this just feels rushed out the door in time for Deimos. Xaku just isn't fun, and the usefulness of the frame in its current state is debatable. These changes would allow more versatility for Xaku to be a mobile and static effective frame.

I think it's pretty funny that people are complaining about energy cost.  I never had energy problems because the abilities were so useless that just the casting time made them not worth bothering with.

Having energy drain and a finite duration on his 4 is pretty stupid, though.  Pick one or the other.

9 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Scott and Pablo are smart enough to know what does and does not work for a frames ability.

Yes, if one of them were working primarily on the frame for decisions. However, when you get multiple devs saying how a frame should and shouldn't play as or work with abilities, you get a bad frame. I mentioned that it feels like a Scott and Pablo frame because the abilities conflict and are similar to the creation styles those two use.

**Sorry for any formatting errors! 🙂

Here’s my take on some changes to Xaku’s 4th and 3rd ability. I might come back to this and flesh it out later.

Functional changes to Xaku’s abilities: 

• Xaku receives a new passive: Health Orbs/Energy Orbs/Ammo Drops are more rewarding while in any 3 of her alternate forms
  • Integrate Accuse/Gaze/Deny into the 3 different forms of Xaku’s new 4th ability, to reduce the clutter of her 3 and improve the flow of gameplay
  • Xaku’s 4th ability can now switch and select between 3 distinct styles the player chooses: a Tank, Spell Caster, or Weapons Master
  • This fits with her theme and makes her much less cumbersome to play as, while making the frame feel fresh
  • Xaku now gains a repaired stat and a broken stat plus a baseline stat increase

Red mode (Tank): While in this mode, Health Orbs grant extra health, and Xaku gains increased health/shields (Primed Vigor)
  • repaired stat - armor (Steel Fiber)
  • broken stat - sprint speed (Rush)
Integrated ability: Accuse

Blue mode (Spell Caster): While in this mode, Energy Orbs grant extra energy, and Xaku gains an increased energy pool (Primed Flow)
  • repaired stat - ability cast speed (Natural Talent)
  • broken stat - reload speed (Speed Trigger, Quickdraw, etc.)
Integrated ability: Gaze

White mode (Weapons Master): While in this mode, Ammo Drops grant extra ammo, and Xaku gains increased speed attributes (attack/reload) (Primed Shred/Primed Fury/Primed Fast Hands, etc.)
  • repaired stat: weapon swap speed (Speed Holster)
  • broken stat: ability range (Stretch)
Integrated ability: Deny

Short, sweet, and provides a unique play style!

Looks cool and I was able to make a great fashion frame but utterly disappointed with the powers.

Is Xaku supposed to be a skill spam warframe?  Cause the duration and range's are crazy low and skill 1 effects weapons.

The lost doesn't even explain what any of the skills do although the tips kinda do but when someone is in the middle of a mission and they forget what each skill does they are gunna die before they even get to the tip that says X does Y.  Sure once you know one is a mind control and what ever you can guess by which one has multi target, which one has the def reduction, and dmg but there should be a second panel that explains what each one does or something more visible.  Also these skills are supposed to come from 3 different warframes they could use a little better visual differentiation.

Also the mechanic is just clunky and needs to be switched.  If I'm supposed to be pressing 3 all the time the hold should be for switching and tap for casting.

Personally, this frame is lacking in several areas. The only thing I can say is at least decently solid is the ability to remove 100% enemy shields and armor within an area. Here are some changes I, personally, would make based on my experience with Xaku so far:

• Xata's Whisper

This doesn't work on Eidolons so, until there's a place that commonly spawns sentients (and I don't mean Lua's 2-3), make it work on Eidolons with some exceptions/stipulations if need be.

1.) Perhaps it can only be a secondary or the damage is strictly capped to a percentage of the Eidolon's remaining shields (which means that it is good on the first few shots but gets worse and worse the more you use it).

2.) You could even make it so that it has diminishing damage the longer it remains active so that the first few shots are the only ones that deal damage.

3.) Better yet, make it like Mesa's and have it be a few uses and very expensive energy-wise. It's just currently a bit pointless as it stands but it isn't the real problem ability as far as I am concerned.

Honestly, even combining these ideas to balance it (as I am sure 1-shot capability is the concern as far as Eidolons go) would make it a small convenience considering you will probably get gobsmacked after awhile with the frame if not careful.

• Grasp of Lohk

Make it scale more than just level because this honestly is kind of trash as it stands. Capping out the damage percent to something like even 10-25% what the weapons would normally do (similar to what was done with Trinity's Bless regarding damage reduction) at this level is better than the current and could go a long way. I get we are stealing weapons but good lord the damage is pretty pathetic. Granted I don't expect it to shred through armored enemies given we have The Lost's Gaze (which is honestly the best of the kit as far as I am concerned) but even on enemies not armored it is sad to sit there for a solid 10 seconds while the weapons struggle to actually kill something. In Warframe, that's a lot of time for an ability to be doing almost nothing.

Also, why is this a hold? I legitimately don't understand that. If you want the startup for it to be longer, do that in an animation you can walk throughout such as Gauss' Kinetic Plating. It's just extremely strange for an ability that isn't even needing a charge concept.

• The Lost

Accuse: This is effectively Nyx's mind control but better. I would add another percent damage buff to allied enemies affected by this since it really is sub-par anyway.

Gaze: Leave it as-is. There's not really any reason to change this. Works fine. Well... Maybe a bit of a range increase.

Deny: Simply put, this just isn't on par with the rest of those that are part of this ability until we get more consistent fights against sentients. The ability itself is fine against sentients but we have no use for it currently. Possibly add the ability to one tap the little Vomvolysts on the Plains at high power strength so this can synergize more with the suggested changes regarding Xata's Whisper.

• The Vast Untime

This ability suffers due to one thing in my eyes: It has an upfront cost in addition to a drain while it is a flat duration-based ability. Just make it an active drain ability rather than something duration based such as Equinox's Mend & Maim. That's all this really needs and, if you want to weaken enemies to void damage again, you can just recast it. You'll have to pay the extra cost either way so there's no reason to not since it is your only survivability. Not to mention we have other frames that do similar that either have much higher duration and no drain whatsoever or have a drain but no duration (unless you want to go by a technicality, which is that the energy bar IS your duration). If nothing else, make the evasion a drain and the duration be for the weaken (and have it be any enemy you pass through for the duration or something because, well... broken frame already becomes a skeleton and that could be an interesting option).

A great alternative would to just make this a damage reduction since this ability, as it stands, doesn't really scale since eventually you will basically become two-shotted by high level enemies as opposed to damage reduction where you will take a beating but you still have a chance.

• Duration on literally everything...

Way too low. It's a struggle. You have to spam EVERY ability every few seconds it seems. Definitely needs an overall buff to duration. End of story.

Other than that, what I noted is basically to work off of what already exists. I am not suggesting a rework, but a way to actually work with the frame's current setup to make it more than just your everyday fodder. It has potential to be made into a survival/defense frame but, currently, it is mastery fodder. Too weak (or ineffective) to do any real work in reasonable situations, too low range to truly make a difference, and too low of a duration to keep up what little it does do somewhat right. I'm not trying to change or rework the concept right now (although, to a degree, it already needs a reword).

As much as I was looking forward to Xaku, I have some...well, let's call them issues so i don't get booted from the forums.

their 1: XATA'S WHISPER: at it's core, this power is fine. provides some extra damage in the form of a damage type that no one is weak nor resistant to. cool

but can i ask why it overrides my elemental mods or something? it feels like i do LESS damage after activating this power when i should be doing MORE.

I suggest fixing this issue asap, as well as buffing the damage it provides.

2: GRASP OF LOHK: so, we steal their weapons to make them ours. not a problem....at least not until you get into the stolen weapons killing something.

BUT. I'v learned that using their Gaze power and stripping enemy defenses drastically improves what this power can do, BUT this only applies when i copy MY weapons.

Not only do enemy weapons need to scale drastically, but when this power copies MY weapons, it should copy the mods as well.

3: THE LOST: Imma be real with you....Gaze is the only power worth using long term since it strips armor, but all 3 powers must have the same max range as the highest ranged option, none of them should have different ranges.

4: THE VAST UNTIME: Can....can this power just tell me whats going on please? and can it NOT drain energy on top of its duration? or make it channeled by default?

I understand that it's effects last as long as its duration does, but its hardly noticeable.

Overall: Xaku is a nice concept, but they need some buffs to compete with other frames and event themselves.

This is rich of course, coming from a valkyr main who will die on the hill of "Hysteria isn't bad, you're just modding your valkyr wrong."

1 hour ago, (XB1)Orcus Imperium said:

no one is weak nor resistant to

This is not correct: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage/Void_Damage

Cloned Flesh and Fossilized receive 50% reduced damage from it, while there is no enemy type that receives bonus damage, all other damage types have a malus against some and a bonus against other enemy types, Void only has maluses.

Guess I'll add my voice to the cacophony. Yeah, Xaku is not in a good place. I think that dead horse has been beaten enough at this point. So, I'll just give some suggestions for changes that I discussed with my husband. The concept of Xaku being these void tendrils which have pieced together several different Warframes feels like there were missed opportunities to create a scavenging themed Warframe. A void tendril creature stealing what's around it. I think it fits his concept quite well.

First, a change to void damage's status effect. We were thinking damage growth. So, as opposed to Viral or Magnetic which makes an enemy more susceptible to damage, this would boost the initial damage numbers instead, before armor or damage mitigation. Sort of like how Banshee's Sonar boosts damage as opposed to making enemies more susceptible to damage.

Passive - I'm fine here. It's not great. It's unreliable, but passives seem like a decent place for unreliable, not really great things.

1st Ability - This needs to affect Xaku's allies within an area. Perhaps 10 or 15 meters?

2nd Ability - Add a targeting range, like how Equinox targets her Rest and Rage. So you target enemies from range, and steal their weapons from range, in an AOE around the targeted area.

3rd Ability - Scrap the current 3rd ability. Void tether - Lash out a void tendril at an enemy, incapacitating them and draining their health each second to heal Xaku.

- This would be a lot like how Nidus tethers an enemy and incapacitates them. However, instead of damage redirection, Xaku drains a small percentage of their total health each second. This would give it scaling effectiveness as he goes into higher content.

4th Ability - Currently, when Xaku sheds his armor, he gains a speed buff and his passive is increased to 75% dodge chance with a duration. He also slows enemies in a range and damages them. Remove the slow, but add a new effect. Now that he doesn't have a 3rd ability with cycling, add a "Scavenging Meter" with three colored bars on it, red, blue, and yellow. Enemies in his AOE (Same current range), or enter it while it's being channeled, begin to have parts scavenged from them and added to Xaku, depending on their faction. The Scavenging Meter maxes out at 1000 health (Red), 1000 shield (Blue), and 1000 armor (Yellow). Every second an enemy remains in Xaku's AOE, he permanently steals 1% of their current Health pool, Shield pool, or Armor, reaching a max of 1000 health, shield, or armor. The AOE would continue to steal the relevant stat from enemies in the AOE even after he reached his maximum amount, but it would not go over 1000. From Infested, he steals from their health pool. From Corpus he steals from their shield pool. And from Grineer he steals from their armor. When the ability ends, the meter begins to degrade at a rate of 1% of its max per second (10 per second) until empty.

As an example, Xaku could go into a Grineer faction mission, cast this ability, and at rank 30, he would steal armor from Grineer enemies within 25 meters for 25 seconds, up to 1000 armor. And when the ability ends, the armor would begin to degrade until he was back to his normal armor.

As a void tendril creature, Xaku would be a master in the void missions, where all three factions exist for him to siphon health, armor, and shields.

48 minutes ago, xZeromusx said:

Guess I'll add my voice to the cacophony. Yeah, Xaku is not in a good place. I think that dead horse has been beaten enough at this point. So, I'll just give some suggestions for changes that I discussed with my husband. The concept of Xaku being these void tendrils which have pieced together several different Warframes feels like there were missed opportunities to create a scavenging themed Warframe. A void tendril creature stealing what's around it. I think it fits his concept quite well.

First, a change to void damage's status effect. We were thinking damage growth. So, as opposed to Viral or Magnetic which makes an enemy more susceptible to damage, this would boost the initial damage numbers instead, before armor or damage mitigation. Sort of like how Banshee's Sonar boosts damage as opposed to making enemies more susceptible to damage.

Passive - I'm fine here. It's not great. It's unreliable, but passives seem like a decent place for unreliable, not really great things.

1st Ability - This needs to affect Xaku's allies within an area. Perhaps 10 or 15 meters?

2nd Ability - Add a targeting range, like how Equinox targets her Rest and Rage. So you target enemies from range, and steal their weapons from range, in an AOE around the targeted area.

3rd Ability - Scrap the current 3rd ability. Void tether - Lash out a void tendril at an enemy, incapacitating them and draining their health each second to heal Xaku.

- This would be a lot like how Nidus tethers an enemy and incapacitates them. However, instead of damage redirection, Xaku drains a small percentage of their total health each second. This would give it scaling effectiveness as he goes into higher content.

4th Ability - Currently, when Xaku sheds his armor, he gains a speed buff and his passive is increased to 75% dodge chance with a duration. He also slows enemies in a range and damages them. Remove the slow, but add a new effect. Now that he doesn't have a 3rd ability with cycling, add a "Scavenging Meter" with three colored bars on it, red, blue, and yellow. Enemies in his AOE (Same current range), or enter it while it's being channeled, begin to have parts scavenged from them and added to Xaku, depending on their faction. The Scavenging Meter maxes out at 1000 health (Red), 1000 shield (Blue), and 1000 armor (Yellow). Every second an enemy remains in Xaku's AOE, he permanently steals 1% of their current Health pool, Shield pool, or Armor, reaching a max of 1000 health, shield, or armor. The AOE would continue to steal the relevant stat from enemies in the AOE even after he reached his maximum amount, but it would not go over 1000. From Infested, he steals from their health pool. From Corpus he steals from their shield pool. And from Grineer he steals from their armor. When the ability ends, the meter begins to degrade at a rate of 1% of its max per second (10 per second) until empty.

As an example, Xaku could go into a Grineer faction mission, cast this ability, and at rank 30, he would steal armor from Grineer enemies within 25 meters for 25 seconds, up to 1000 armor. And when the ability ends, the armor would begin to degrade until he was back to his normal armor.

As a void tendril creature, Xaku would be a master in the void missions, where all three factions exist for him to siphon health, armor, and shields.

Nah it's too early for a rework in DE's book

Archived