Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Xaku Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

Void damage type and status effect should get a look at.

For the status effect, bump the duration to 5 seconds. Have duration reset on new proc, and each increasing the size of the bubble per proc stack (3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 meters)

Give Grasp of Lohk's guns a small (25-33%?) chance to proc Void status.

The Vast Untime should guarantee a Void status effect on enemies it hits.

Xaku right now definitely needs a boost in numbers/scaling right now more then anything, though I do find the abilities a bit underwhelming.

Whisper is just a standard damage buff for an element that most enemies in the game we fight aren't weak to, but it might find more use for Sentients in the New War and all that when it comes. Access to Void status is nice at least, for some weird synergies for some weapons that could use it.

Grasp is okay, but it is the ability I find most disappointing. Against unarmored targets, it works well, but the second it comes into decent armor or shields, it drops off into nearly useless territory, most likely due to its void damage type. Gaze can help it a lot in this regard, but only if you can get it into the higher strength values, and if the enemy is actually standing in Gaze's range.

On top of that, its has some serious range problems, and is almost melee ranged despite being, you know, guns. I know DE is against auto turrets, but the duration and energy cost balances it in my eyes, and especially with its current damage.

I was actually hoping Grasp's stolen guns would function or change based on what weapon was stolen or your currently equipped weapon, like stealing an Ogris would have it fire explosives, or stealing a Grakata would have its fire rate go wild. They might as well all be that same generic void ball it defaults to sometimes, and really blows the wind out of a really cool ability idea.

Gaze is really solid when you can hit that full armor/shields reduction. It could use a range boost also.

Accuse doesn't have much going on. Its an AOE Chaos/Mind Control/Enthrall/Rad proc. It has the same issues all of those have, where enemies just can't do enough damage to their own selves to be worth using beyond disrupting a crowd before its immediately destroyed by a Mesa passing by or such.

I like the concept of using enemies against their selves, but this isn't how you do it, especially when you have a bunch of other ways to do the exact same thing but better. Revenant has it spread through thralls, and synergises with their kit. Nyx can use Chaos at double the range, immediately recastable and no limit of enemies. Radiation procs can at least increase the damage of effected enemies now. What does this bring to the table?

Deny is probably Xaku's worst ability, I don't even know what the point of it is. Strips Sentient resistances, deals more void damage, and suspends enemies? Whisper does the exact same thing for the first two for your weapons, and if you really need to lock down an enemy, you can just use Gaze to do it and strip armor/shields for the same energy cost. There is no reason to use it, unless there is something I'am missing.

The Vast Untime I find to be a bit mixed. The dodge boost is noticeably effective at reducing incoming damage. The other benefits to it are less great. It doesn't do enough damage, the slow and void weakness debuff it gives to enemies hit by the initial blast is too weak considering it only effects them and no other enemies, and the speed boost you get is barely any.

Untime also needs to be either channeled or duration-based, not both. It is annoying to deal with considering how weak it is.

Xaku isn't very good right now, and I do regret having spent platinum on them. I do hope that you can bring them up to par.

TL;DR: Buff Void Damage or buff Grasp of Lohk

Let's see... I was most interested in Xaku because of Grasp of Lohk. However, the enemy scaling on it quickly proves useless on anything that isn't Corpus.

Let's say I use the following setup: 

DURATION 155%
EFFICIENCY 75%
RANGE 235%
STRENGTH 209%

Grasp of Lohk will grab or create 1-6 weapons as long as there are 1-6 enemies within 18.8 meters of Xaku.  For reference here's a 19m radius Mallet:

Spoiler

Warframe0102.jpg

Let's say I'm fighting level 50 crewman (because let's face it, grineer and infested units have -50% to void). Grasp of Lohk will deal:
50 (GoL max rank base dmg) x 2.09 (str) x 50 (crewman lvl) = 5,225 dmg

Level 50 Crewman have 5075 ehp, so he should die in 1hit. sounds good? Here's the problem: it's ONLY good if you're fighting Corpus.

You see, void damage takes the full brunt of damage reduction from armor. So if you were to fight, say, a Lancer, you would deal:
50 x 2.09 x 50 x (1-0.6486 armor damage reduction) ≈ 1,836 dmg (rounded)

assuming you don't use gaze to armor strip, you need 3 shots to kill a level 50 lancer.

This doesn't sound so bad, but as armor goes up, Grasp of Lohk becomes exponentially weaker. 

A level 120 Elite Lancer will take:

50 * 2.09 * 120 * (1-0.904) ≈ 1,204 dmg (rounded)

That's even less per shot than a level 50 Lancer, and the Elite Lancer has 16k+ health. That's 14 shots to kill. 

Let's say you use Gaze to full armor strip (possible with 200% min strength), cloned flesh has a -50% to void damage.

50 * 2.09 * 120 * (1-0.5) = 6,270 dmg

That's back to a 3shot kill, but also on the pre-requisite that I fire Gaze into every Elite Lancer I face or use some other kind of full armor strip. That's not practical at all.

I suggest allowing void damage to overcome a part of armor which will also buff the value of Xata's Whisper, because the level scaling can't overcome armor, but if increased becomes too powerful against Corpus units.

So the 4 actually is pretty decent, it’s not a direct comparison for Titania's old dodge:

75% dodge chance. And THEN his passive gets in. So you’re essentially taking 75% of 75%, or 56.25% dmg. All without need for armor. 

I think his 2 needs 3 things. 

1. Better dmg. Duh. 
  2. Better range. Duh. By a toooon.
  3. I think if this was a toggle it’d actually be pretty sweet. Kind of like Baruuks dagger thingers. But have it only cost energy if actively disarming. 

The rest is all numbers tweaking honestly.

Ok so I’ve invested about 5 formas  into Xaku and took them into a few steel path survival (unsuccessfully) 

So I’ll try to break this down as well as I can.

Xaku’s Passive: 25% chance to dodge an attack. 😬 ok, so this frame has dismal armor, health and shields. Which means that all the frames survivability depends on rng chances of not being hit. Due to the way the 4th ability currently exists, you are squishy and have a 75% chance to get hit for all of the damage most of the time with no real buffer for damage.  A direct 30% damage reduction effect would be better. 

Xata’s Whisper: I have tested this ability a lot. I have found that it’s better CC than it is damage and I don’t think that’s the intention. One average I run about 200% power strength in the builds I was testing. Giving me 49-54% bonus void damage, depending on the build. Yet, in practice it takes me more swings of my melee weapon to take out heavy targets, small targets are taken out anyway.  I get a toxic lash vibe toward the intention of this skill, but if that is the intent void damage needs some changes. Stylistically one would think the void would be a major weakness to everything but the orokin. However, as the passive ability doesn’t provide much in terms of survivability, pairing the first ability with a spray and pray weapon at least allows you to avoid some damage, until you get shot from the back of the room. 

Grasp of Lohk: This is actually my favorite ability of his. On the low end this ability is very fun. However around level 60 it really stalls out and you are always better off just whacking them with your melee weapon. This disarm honestly is the kind of disarm that Venari should have. However, it’s range is a bit short. If the frame was beefy and intended to take damage that would be inconsequential. But this frame is particularly squishy. So with 205 range I still must make my way within 15 meters of 11 or so enemies with at least a 25% chance of a bullet hitting me; if only one bullet is fired. But the more enemies you run up to, the more bullets being fired at you. And the closer you get the higher their accuracy. Making this frame less than ideal for melee range.

so naturally trying to problem solve I combined this ability with gaze. At which point it can kill high level targets but less efficiently than any of the weapons a Tenno might be carrying with them. 

It feels like this ability is trying to deal damage and provide CC. But doesn’t adequately do either yet. For better CC for this squishy frame I would recommend a larger range. ( Though I really do like the close quarters flavor perhaps a stagger on enemies shot in a certain range) However at 15 weapons you no longer acquire additional weapons to use but still disarm people in the area. The disarm should either be recast-able or provide a marked area that enemies become disarmed when they walk into it. Or a disarming area that moves with the Tenno.

For better damage, I would first find a way to make sure the Xata’s Whisper and The Vast Untime synergies increases the damage of the Grasp of Lohk multiplicatively. I would also increase the amount of damage done per gun/orb based on the cumulative total of guns stolen. So each stolen weapon adds 10% damage. With 15 stolen guns, each gun does 150% extra damage and increased fire rate on those guns.  Let the guns proc the other statuses too.  33% chance of void damage 33% chance of most effective element and 33% chance another status( if I stole nox’s guns I expect to shoot toxic clumps everywhere with that stolen gun. Or puncture from a heavy gunner so on. It encourages a more fun style of play, looking for specific Statuses that could help you in mission) and have them create a stagger effect in melee range. They’re like turrets so it would make sense

The Duration is also on the low end. This ability already requires range and power strength. Needing some duration is fine but not to the extent that you’ll be flooding energy pads because you’ve got to use every ability in the tool kit for survival. The ability does seem long enough. By the time I have the turrets it’s a mad dash to the next group of enemies to use them before they are gone; and if they are high leveled targets I’ve got to find them and armor strip them first. And since the armor strip doesn’t follow me and you won’t get time to strip a second group of enemies

The Lost: This ability is pretty interesting again reminds me of Khora and Vauban. The switch does feel clunky like many have said before me. 
In high level content you must have accuse active. The 75% dodge chance is not enough and you will die. At least having a bunch of allies around makes it less likely you will get shot. The allies need increased damage in a way that can scale. Also a much longer timer. As this is one of the best ways Xaku can survive hiding in a sea of friendlies gets too dangerous when they quickly become hostile again. This should also be recastable because it’s a crucial life line for surviving at higher levels.

Gaze is pretty lit honestly. Like most people have said a longer duration for the armor reduction is necessary probably base 30 seconds. The reduction field should be duration based regardless of whether the enemy original entangled by the void dies. The enemy that dies should be targeted by Grasp of Lohk; however killing the enemy should have a similar effect as the mecha set or saryn’s spores. All the statuses afflicting that enemy should affect everyone in an area larger base 20 meters scaling with range.  

This now allows deny to be a hard CC ability, that completely immobilizes like ensnare or stomp in a radial affect around the player. Providing a very real oh crap option when things get hairy. 

The Vast Untime:  This is easily my least favorIte ability in the kit. Ok so if Xaku’s second and third abilities are responsible for damage then this ability doesn’t need to do damage. But it does need to focus on survivability. Take the  75% chance to dodge a bullet and make it 75% damage reduction.  A significant boost in movement speed should accompany the ability. (About 50% )As well as synergies with the Xaku’s Whisper and Grasp of Lohk. The radial blast from the attack should inflict radiation and void (making it less likely your enemies target you or the objective) , since we aren’t going 90% damage reduction the slow on enemies needs to be more pronounced and should be tethered to something, the frame or a location. There shouldn’t be fast and slow enemies near you while the ability is active. That’s how you get shot. Unexpectedly fast enemies firing at you faster than everyone else or worst butchering you because thought they were going to slow cleave. 

Then there is the energy. This frame has too difficult a time surviving to be unable to consistently rely on its damage mitigation. It should be a duration based ability without channeling, or a channeling ability without duration. If this ability works well. On top of the 100 energy you use to cast this ability (155 with blind rage) you still would want players to cast their first ability, and their second ability with this ability. But spending 175 energy base  Twice a minute is unsustainable. Especially since the abilities that synergies with ability require power strength. Which generally means less efficiency or duration. Either way energy issues. That’s without ever using your third ability. Personally I lean more towards this being a channeled ability. Otherwise it basically necessitates rolling guard when the duration times out.  As of right now, even trying to build for this ability so you can get the damage dodge chance won’t give you a sustainable build. If you focus on duration you won’t have much. The drain is still unsustainable. But you have no range and so enemies aren’t slowed or you have no strength and the enemies aren’t slowed or you have no efficiency and then you run out of energy and die with no way to keep yourself alive.

I think this frame has a lot potential and cool ideas. Just in need of some insightful tweaks. Good luck

30 minutes ago, (PS4)Tazzilla88 said:

Take the  75% chance to dodge a bullet and make it 75% damage reduction

Well it should be damage reduction all along. They even said on tennocon that this ability provides damage reduction, they said it on the beggining of this thread too. I don't understand why they sneaky changed it and made it useless, also they aren't showing any will to fix this. I'm losing my faith in DE.

On 2020-08-21 at 9:07 PM, [DE]Bear said:

The Vast Untime - shed your outer layers to grant 75% damage resistance and a speed boost! Cast it again to reform!

Dear DE why are you lying to players?

14 minutes ago, xBZYKUx said:

Well it should be damage reduction all along. They even said on tennocon that this ability provides damage reduction, they said it on the beggining of this thread too. I don't understand why they sneaky changed it and made it useless, also they aren't showing any will to fix this. I'm losing my faith in DE.

I’m sure they’ll get it together. They launched across all platforms for the first time that’s per cool. Honestly if they listen to players, they can turn Xaku around.  Damage reduction is just the start though.  Grasp of Lohk should be useable without synergies. It should be monstrous with them 

wouldn't it be more appropriate to preserve the stats and functionality of weapons targeted by grasp of lohk, with void damage added? for example, a GoL detron would shoot just like regular crewmen detrons, except with additional void damage.

this way it could also benefit from xatas whisper. 

edit: also, isn't the base targeting range a bit too short? shouldn't it be like double the disarm range, or a static 50m or something like that?

18 hours ago, Velitria said:

Yes, if one of them were working primarily on the frame for decisions. However, when you get multiple devs saying how a frame should and shouldn't play as or work with abilities, you get a bad frame. I mentioned that it feels like a Scott and Pablo frame because the abilities conflict and are similar to the creation styles those two use.

Scott didn’t work on Xaku. They were a community created frame to let him focus on other stuff.

Pablo definitely didn’t pick the abilities because he knows how to make a well designed frame.

Xaku gives off the impression that whoever picked her abilities had little to no understanding how certain mechanics perform.

Speaking of cycling abilities, for the love of god, allow players to switch between cycling abilities with a mouse wheel on PC. We have only one cycling ability per frame, don't make us selecting desired utility option in fast paced action game by spending 10 seconds holding button. Whole tap to cast and hold to switch is a console thing don't make controls clunky.

What I mean is - please add a separate bindable hotkey for switchable abilities, [select next] and [select previous].

On 2020-08-26 at 4:54 AM, Ocerkin said:

yeah they clearly lied on stream about that

Exactly , and i was about to ask, because on the stream when Reb showcased Xaku she clearly said OUT loud that in his skeletal form he would receive 75% dmg REDUCTION, on top of saying he'd be harder to track by enemy gunfire ( aka evasion ) and SPEED bonus.

I'm missing the 75% dmg reduction part...

Aside from that i find him pretty fun to play, altho the base range of his abilities at 5m default is a bit too low

29 minutes ago, Erl-King said:

Speaking of cycling abilities, for the love of god, allow players to switch between cycling abilities with a mouse wheel on PC. We have only one cycling ability per frame, don't make us selecting desired utility option in fast paced action game by spending 10 seconds holding button. Whole tap to cast and hold to switch is a console thing don't make controls clunky.

What I mean is - please add a separate bindable hotkey for switchable abilities, [select next] and [select previous].

Honestly i hate it on console too. Holding a button for using 1 selected ability is terrible

Xaku's 2 does in fact scale off of enemy level. Its just the general weakness of such low numbers against grineer armor.

But with 200% power str you can fully strip that armor, allowing their 2 to deal the full 13k to level 170 corrupted heavy gunners with their 4 active.

Per shot, from each of the max i have gotten so far 15 guns.

Alright so two Forma in to Xaku. So far I like them but they feel a little... Out of sorts.

Stats

Xaku's health is only slightly below average but there's a lot of oddly specific numbers. 291 health instead of the normal 300. 137 instead of the normal 125. Its not bad just feels a little odd. 267 for the shields? If I had to guess its to feed into the Broken theme more but I dunno, makes choosing what mods to add a little weirder than usual.

Passive

Solid but it'd be nice to get some clarity if this is the same stat as the Evasion stat we get from the Carnis mod set or the Agility Drift mod - because if the Carnis mod set adding 30% Evasion for a Heavy Attack kill (which Xaku's signature weapon has a mechanic for), then combining with the Vast Untime could mean 100% Evasion which would be kinda thematically cool that the mod set from Deimos helps Xaku survive.

Xata's Whisper

So a straight damage buff adding Void damage on top of other types is pretty basic although I'd say Void damage is a bit weak, especially against armour (which the Sentients have) to the point where mathematically it makes Saryn the best Sentient Slayer cause of her Spores augment.

Grasp of Lohk

Cool disarming method more than damage but it feels a little random. Could it be made so that when you're Aiming Down Sights, it aims at the thing you're shooting but when you're not ADS, it fires at the nearest targets? That'd feel very cool and help focus the damage a bit better. It'd also feel better if it scaled a bit with enemy levels since you're stealing enemy guns.

The Lost

So on a whole, it feels extra clunky cause of the cycling. Like here's the thing. Vauban and Ivara are slower paced so its fine to play a little more tactical cause of Crowd Control & Stealth respectively. Grendel & Titania cycle through buffs for themselves and the team which last a good long while. Khora tends to stick to Heal mode and I've forgotten if there's any other Cyclers but Xaku, their abilities are forms of enemy crowd control in their cycle which is more reactive and high paced - plus I would call Xaku a high paced Warframe - so it feels not great to be cycling like this to get the abilities we want. All of them at full body animations which brings Xaku down to a halt even though they feel like they should always be moving.

• Accuse - This one's pretty solid
  • Gaze - This one is set to be a lovely armour AND shields stripper (which would be great for all the Void Damage) but building for it is a little tricky cause you either use at least three mod slots (or two and an external buff like Kitguns or team mates) to get 100% strip or you end up going for Blind Rage + one other mod which isn't fun because you cast things pretty often with Xaku. (Maybe if you buffed it to 60% defence removal or built an Energy gain mechanic into one of the abilities)
  • Deny - Confession, I've been using this one a lot to help speed up leveling. For the accuracy required it feels very underwhelming, like it should do more damage or be a wider beam for more coverage.

So if I had to suggest improvements, make it an Upper Body cast on a couple of these (Deny especially) and maybe speed up the animation just a smidge so Natural Talent didn't feel like a necessity.

And I dunno but maybe in the Devbuild its worth trying out other ways to control the cycling - my thought was "On The Ground, Aiming Down Sights" gives Deny cause I was using my guns to aim the laser anyway, aim gliding for Accuse cause it gives you a better view of the battlefield, and then on the ground but not ADS for Gaze? Something to make it flow better so you can be more reactive and fast paced with it.

The Vast Untime

So cool concept but I think I'd like it more if it was a Channeled ability OR a duration ability rather than a Duration AND Channeled ability cause right now it messes with energy gain so much. Maybe you could add debuff to give reason for switching it off? Maybe like reduced melee damage / higher recoil cause no muscles / weight or to gain energy again. Lower armour so if they do get hit it makes a bigger imapct.

General Thoughts

I can feel like there's something really fun here, using their 4 to weaken and slow enemies and then dominating the battlefield using Gaze and Accuse to help control the weaker enemies and blasting away the bigger ones with Deny while the first two abilities help buff your damage.

Animations across the board feel a little too slow and like the stop the flow of movement.

Warframes tend to come out a little weaker than intended and get buffed over a bit of time so I eagerly anticipate where Xaku will grow from here.

Thought about The Vast Untime ability. I was thinking about ways to give Xaku more survivability without locking them permanently in skeletal form. So besides numbers tweaking there is an overall idea.

Upon activation of the ability strip Xaku shields, maybe somehow boosting the effects depending on the value of lost shields. During the effect of The Vast Untime Void damage dealt to the enemies affected by Xaku powers would be stored as Untime counter. Upon deactivation the value of Untime counter would be transformed into shields and overshields, also refunding initial energy cost of the ability based on Untime counter value. Essentially it would work similar to Equinox's Mend ability, but only for Xaku themselves.

Concerning Xaku dodge chance / damage reduction in skeletal form, I think it should start at 100% on activation and degrade to 50% in the span of the duration of ability. This way Xaku will be extremely protected right after activation, but will be incentivized to stack Untime counter and reform back to the armor form to not die from a stray bullet.

I've been compiling a list of Void Status Type effects that could be changed for Xaku and in general the Operators:

• Void Status Type 1 - Enemies under Void receive XX% * Void Stack damage while their Health is above 30%
  • Void Status Type 2 - Enemies under Void receive damage each meter traveled
  • Void Status Type 3 - Enemies under Void have a % chance (based on stack) for a hit to deal True Damage
  • Void Status Type 4 - Normal attacks on non-Eximus Enemies can instantly kill them if their health is below X% (based on stacks)
  • Void Status Type 5 - Enemies under Void can suffer a random Status Effect when hit at a X% (based on stacks) chance
  • Void Status Type 6 - Enemies under Void receive more damage and have a X% (based on stacks) chance on death to drop a Void Fissure Ball granting Warframes a temproary boost

Just a bit of experimental brainstorms for Void

6 hours ago, Bronjun said:

Nah it's too early for a rework in DE's book

Probably. I also thought of another change that is not as grand that would probably help Xaku AND make sense from a damage theme perspective.

Rather than giving void damage increasing damage for each stack, give it Radiation's current status effect, and change Radiation's status effect to fit the idea of what radiation ACTUALLY does.

So, what I think Radiation's status effect should be is essentially what I suggested for void damage. Rather than causing confusion and increasing damage against allies, it should create an incoming damage multiplier on an enemy, like how radiation at low levels is not as severe, but when it builds up, it becomes more damaging. Maybe increase damage from incoming sources by 50% on the first stack, then increase it another 5% per stack up to 11 stacks totaling +100% damage.

Then, for Void damage, the status effect would be called "Void Corruption", where it causes enemies to turn on one another and increases their damage against one another, stacking up to 325%.

I think this would both make Radiation even better AND make Xaku's void damage abilities more effective in combat while also raising his CC and ultimately survivability.

My take is this. Im not sure why you would play this frame.  At all.  

The 1 is so underwhelming I actually forget to cast it.

The 2 is so small range even if you amp up range that it sort of doesn't matter.  

The 3 is clunky. Like almost unusable.  The speed of the casting animations are horrid.  Like the worst.  

The 4 is ok ish. 

Basically there is nothing this frame does that isn't done better by someone else.  I wouldn't even sacrifice them to the thing with the lips in my orbiter. 

10 out 10 for fashion frame though. 

I'll say this right off I like Xaku. He is cool and a neat idea this though doesn't mean that he doesn't have things that I believe need some work. The first thing I'd like to say needs to be changed about him is his cast times. They are incredibly slow and I mean incredibly slow. Even compared to a frame like limbo who has some long casting times Xaku's casts feel incredibly slow and for non of them being hit scan this make a natural talent almost a requirement on a build. And with his damage numbers being so low you can not afford to miss people. 

Now I'm going to go through stuff in the order that I think needs the least work or priority. Gaze is a really good ability being able to 100% strip all defenses is amazingly strong. The only thing I would do to this ability is give it a small radius buff maybe just 5m increase but this ability is not really in that much need of changes. Accuse is okay really but about as effective as Revenant. If they made it so that there damage was increased when turned or that when Xata's whisper is active the get a massive damage buff then that would be awesome. Maybe instead of making them do more damage the more enemies turned the more of a damage resistance Xaku gets. I don't know what y'all would want to do with this ability maybe neither of these two suggestions maybe you would want to make it so that it boosts his evasion more. And finally the worst of his toggles deny. I love the laser idea that it has its amazing really but boy is it lack luster. The damage number is pitiful really it does almost nothing to even 30 level enemies and really giving him a 3rd cc ability in it is just not good. Because of how long the wind up it is really hard to hit a lot of targets. My change for this would be to make it a beam of energy that either does much higher damage or maybe make it adaptive damage or some combination of both. Deny should be like an iron man chest beam that just obliterates everything in a line.

Grasp of lohk is again another really cool idea but in practice it just doesn't do enough. For one the damage the guns do should be boosted so much and again maybe instead of just giving the ability a straight damage buff make it so it synergies well with Xata's whisper and does more damage when that ability is up. Also the ability needs more range on its grab. 8m is insanely small especially if you have to get right up in peoples face. I'd say give this ability more grab range or make it so you can cast it at a distance from people. Also I'd make it so that this ability can be refreshed while its still active.

The Vast Untime is okay really. Right now a lot of it is very unclear on what it does. I don't know when the slow is activated and the 75% evasion is really just okay. Now if the 75% evasion stacked on top of his passive then that would be amazing. Even if the made it just a 90-99% evasion when in ult that would be awesome. Also if the slow was just in a radius around you that would be nice. I can't really talk much about the ult cause I'm still very unclear on what it does or when it does things so some clarity would be nice on this. 

And finally his 1 Xata's whisper. This ability has many problem really. One that it overrides a weapons base status effects to replace it with void is bad because void does nothing for almost every enemy type. It would be amazing if it still applied your base status and also applied void then it would be good. Also this ability need more synergy in the rest of his kit which would make it amazing. Also I understand the reasoning for making it not be able to damage Eidolons but I bet there is a way to do it that would not make him oppressive in hunts but useful. If anyone can think of a way to do this then I'd love to hear. 

These are my suggestions and I'd love to talk about this more with other people.

From what I've seen, Xaku is one of the worst warframes in the game. They can, fully modded, technically get through early game content, but somewhere between level 30-50 they stop being able to do really anything. Their damage is laughable, at absolute best, and while they TECHNICALLY can survive with their 4, it is unreliable at higher levels when they can easily get two shot, and that is only because of the shield gate mechanic on every single warframe in the game.

Passive: Decent, not amazing, but fine.

Xata's Whisper: Almost entirely useless. Does not increase damage in any meaningful way, either the number need to be vastly increased, or void damage itself needs a rework to be actually good, which I'd prefer as that also would give a much needed buff to operator weapons.

Grasp of Lohk: At lower levels, maxed out with mods, this ability works. Barely. The range of the guns is still very low, and while it does kill enemies, it doesn't do so at long enough ranges to really matter all that much. Once you start getting beyond level 30 or so this ability becomes entirely useless. It can sort of kill fodder enemies, but it kills them slowly and again at no range. At actual high level play this ability does nothing.

Accuse: Useless, as all abilities that take over enemies.

Gaze: Probably Xatu's best ability, does armor strip pretty well, however the numbers are still too low. It requires 200% power strength to fully strip armor, which when compared to other Warframes with armor stripping abilities, such as Ash (145% required) is just a very large ask for an ability that still doesn't do all that much.

Deny: Hey Void damage still sucks!

The Vast Untime: If this ability, as it said in its notes, was actually 75% Damage Reduction, this ability could actually be useful. However, this is actually not true. It is Dodge Chance. If this dodge chance stacked with Xaku's passive, then it would probably be worth the massive energy cost and drain that it has. Maybe. But as it is, this ability is just not consistent enough to justify its massive cost, it does not make Xaku actually survivable at high levels, as it only takes two hits to kill them, and no other part of this ability really matters a huge amount.

Xaku needs a massive overhaul, and likely Void damage needs a buff as well, for this Warframe to even be usable. Which is really unfortunate because I love how Xaku looks. Their design is so freaking cool, and I also really appreciate that they use they/them pronouns, though I would love to have other Warframes that aren't a literal plurality to also have they/them pronouns as well, as there are some negative stereotypes associated with that. However it is still cool to see. I love Xaku in general, so I am very disappointed to see how much work they will need to even be usable.

Archived