Jump to content

Heart of Deimos: New Syndicates & Economy Feedback Megathread


Recommended Posts

While the cycle on the surface is fine, there is no reason why this should be tied to the vaults. This isn't even a case of rewarding skill, as the vaults are primarily timed missions and can't be sped up. Just disconnect the isolation vaults from the daily cycle. In addition, make a bounty for all three so people can queue for that for matchmaking with other players.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw ONE Scintallent spawn, and it was not in a well trafficked area, but way up in some infested rafters tucked away. It was only for looking for secret door toggles, that I came across it. No pinging sound, way out of the way, and near impossible for anyone else to pick up the drop as it does indeed act like a wisp; especially if they are a room or two over from you. Not nice DE.
 

Concerning conservation the avian creatures need a marker or something to spot on the mini map, because in some locations they are either not spawning at all, especially those near caves and covered with massive infested growths, or they are spawning inside said growths and still undetectable to the scanner. Not cool, If the tags are so important to rank up son token acquisition,then make it remotely possible to get the bloody bounties, rather than hoping that the call point ins in some remote and open area. Ridiculous.

It appears that the vast majority of spawn points for the creatures are virtually in the same location. It would be nice to see the avians spawn on the east side of the map for example, or the criptolaxes spawning in dark areas, instead of high perch's where you would expect an avian call point to be located. Just a thought DE.

Also ENOUGH with the Nora glass interruptions every 5 mins in mission, especially in Free Roam, it is way over board, and now rather tedious. Please DE tone down or get rid of Nora on the Cambrian pronto.

Edited by CuChulainnWD
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Also ENOUGH with the Nora glass interruptions every 5 mins in mission, especially in Free Roam, it is way over board, and now rather tedious. Please DE tone down or get rid of Nora on the Cambrian pronto.

"There's nothing left of who they once were..."

Really Nora, "who" was that Infested monstrosity I just exploded into a mist of spores? If only we got to know each other first...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

ok after further testing the chance has been increased.in a few hours i was able to aquire what was needed.it's not wisp level of aquireability but it is a reasonable rate.that being said the mech drop rate for them should be tweeked slightly.also in order to get the resource i had to use a very specific build just to see them wich i for 1 am not a fan of.however i have to say ty for at least making them a reasonable grind.for any1 interested in how i located them i had to use a max loot detection build it seems that yesterday when useing this build i may have been bugged because they did not appear at all today however i have had no issues with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

And was it RNG based or was it a guaranteed drop?

 

probably RNG, though I have got some more recently. I think they may drop from necromechs. I do have drop chance and drop quantity boosters on atm though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Progression locked behind conservation. Nice, massive turn off and will be forgetting about Deimos, but nice. Which genius decided to force your entire player base into this activity? Lol, rookie stuff. Bleh.

All this time waiting for new content to get shafted into catching a bird, which doesn’t appear. Lol.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 1n5tanc3 said:

Progression locked behind conservation. Nice, massive turn off and will be forgetting about Deimos, but nice. Which genius decided to force your entire player base into this activity? Lol, rookie stuff. Bleh.

All this time waiting for new content to get shafted into catching a bird, which doesn’t appear. Lol.

 

you have to do everything in order to get grandmother tokens. this grind is absolute BS.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Look further into Scintillant fellas. I got 1 of em for 3 hrs of gameplay. I still couldn't build Xaku, which was something I was looking forward to as well as the war fan. But yeah they require 10 in total. I surely won't spend 10's of hours for those. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

you have to do everything in order to get grandmother tokens. this grind is absolute BS.

Conservation is stupid. Can’t stand this which I why I never played it. Good to know it gets worse..... Deimos ain’t for me. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, White_Matter said:

Look further into Scintillant fellas. I got 1 of em for 3 hrs of gameplay. I still couldn't build Xaku, which was something I was looking forward to as well as the war fan. But yeah they require 10 in total. I surely won't spend 10's of hours for those. 

 

Yeah I’ve been hearing a lot of people saying this is worse than the Protea drop.

Granted I’m terrible and bought Xaku with plat but I still like to farm for a second one (to sacrifice) so I get the frustrations completely. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, White_Matter said:

Look further into Scintillant fellas. I got 1 of em for 3 hrs of gameplay. I still couldn't build Xaku, which was something I was looking forward to as well as the war fan. But yeah they require 10 in total. I surely won't spend 10's of hours for those. 

 

Clearly I’m not the only one quite peeved at this new approach.... it’s terrible, I just can’t spend my Friday hunting birds lol. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So I guess it's okay to lock content behind maxing other reps but new content is okay to go P2W on broken content? How is this is even acceptable when players no longer need to do content to rank up but can just pay money to pass it. Even more so when half the spawns are in something and cannot be captured. I used to tell people about this game because it was a clean F2P but I see greed is really starting to take off...It's no longer about cosmetics and decorations if this stays in the game. It will be the doorway to low low RNG of key items that are easy to pass with some cash.

KuYLhgJ.jpg?1

Edited by Zelmen
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

So I guess it's okay to lock content behind maxing other reps but new content is okay to go P2W on broken content? How is this is even acceptable when players no longer need to do content to rank up but can just pay money to pass it. Even more so when half the spawns are in something and cannot be captured. I used to tell people about this game because it was a clean F2P but I see greed is really starting to take off...It's no longer about cosmetics and decorations if this stays in the game. It will be the doorway to low low RNG of key items that are easy to pass with some cash.

KuYLhgJ.jpg?1

Thank God cause I hate conservation and it can just rot in the hole of bad ideas

Link to post
Share on other sites

General bounty Feedback:

I like the bounties on Deimos, however some of them are terribly balanced in terms of getting the Bonus Reward.

3 particular offenders are Providing Samples to the Grineer/Corpus Agent, Retrieving Samples while the Purifier is running, and Fighting alongside the Grineer Survivors.

1) Providing Samples/Having all samples Uploaded before the timer runs out. I have *never* gotten this to work, because for whatever reason, he just doesn't upload enough of them before leaving? Both solo and in a squad. Sometimes he does 10/20, sometimes he does 19/20, never have I done all 20. I've tried standing near him, like an interception node, defending him, killing everything, CCing everything. It's just very unclear as to WHAT makes the sample upload tick quicker. Do I have to get more of them?

2) Retrieving Samples while the Purifier is running using the purifier less than X times. Yeah, impossible in a squad unless you're perfectly coordinated, given you can't see where the infested fauna spawns until you use the purifier. Solo it's not so bad, but yeah. Each use of the purifier should last longer.

3) Fighting alongside the Grineer Squad/Doubling their score. This isn't too bad in a squad, and if you're Mesa. However solo this is crazy challenging on any other frame, as the Grineer literally instagib the infested the second they spawn. I just did this on the tier 3 bounty, as a Whipclaw Khora with a *lot* of range. They were killing enemies before I could even see where the spawn pods were/they showed up on radar. Give them a brief engagement time, or lower their damage a little. "Just use Mesa" is not a viable answer/strat.

Beyond that, really liking the new bounties and faction system.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some honest feedback which I know will not be popular

Changing all the tokens to be 1 is a mistake. I get people are furious if they have to do something they don't usually do, but 1 is just silly when you made the tokens much simpler to get now.

10-20, OK I get it, but this syndicate - like any other - is supposed to be ranked up via helping the family. If you don't want to help the son, well.. Then you don't get to rank up imo. The "hardcore" people always want more content, yet they want it to be easier to speed to the end of.

Son/Daughter could be x3, Mother x20-50 as you get a crazy amount from bounties and father could be x10

I understand you "need" to listen to your players, but you go from 100% to 1%, rather than find some middle ground. Because literally; you can fly to where the kubrow and kavat spawn, sleep a pack - voila have enough for a token or a few. Fishing is the same.

I'm just concerned because it feels like this is getting to be the norm now. You make a decision, people complain - it gets reduced to an amount where we might as well not bother having it. Railjack avionics is a prime example of this.

Used to need to farm for them, now I run into 10 Void Holes, Hyperstrikes, etc by accident. The tokens have very little value now, as you can get so many, you don't need to turn them in for ranking up, and I just wonder what I'm supposed to do with all the extra.

You gotta stick to your design calls more, or at least not go from 100% to 1% immediately, as it gives players to much power to reduce new content to "I was there a few days, now I'm done - where the next content?!?"

I know it's tricky, but I think for the long run, it's better to be more calm when it comes to these changes. Or you'll need to add some sort of new "Tier" of rewards which do require a commitment to helping the family (e.g. you get some cosmetics for your tools which have the same effect, but shows you helped the family - or for the necramech).

Just bothers me because it's pretty clear you've put your hearts into this syndicate and made it really about helping a family heal, but it doesn't feel like that when you take the indirect tasks away.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What about those vault runs for necramech weapon parts? To get a rare weapon par you need to reach vault 3 which is a boring chore by itself but then when you finally get there the rewards can be a relic.

Those aren't tradeable parts or even the gun is for sale this only helps with burn out

 

Edited by RyuhoTheDragon
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Kryostasys said:

General bounty Feedback:

I like the bounties on Deimos, however some of them are terribly balanced in terms of getting the Bonus Reward.

3 particular offenders are Providing Samples to the Grineer/Corpus Agent, Retrieving Samples while the Purifier is running, and Fighting alongside the Grineer Survivors.

1) Providing Samples/Having all samples Uploaded before the timer runs out. I have *never* gotten this to work, because for whatever reason, he just doesn't upload enough of them before leaving? Both solo and in a squad. Sometimes he does 10/20, sometimes he does 19/20, never have I done all 20. I've tried standing near him, like an interception node, defending him, killing everything, CCing everything. It's just very unclear as to WHAT makes the sample upload tick quicker. Do I have to get more of them?

2) Retrieving Samples while the Purifier is running using the purifier less than X times. Yeah, impossible in a squad unless you're perfectly coordinated, given you can't see where the infested fauna spawns until you use the purifier. Solo it's not so bad, but yeah. Each use of the purifier should last longer.

3) Fighting alongside the Grineer Squad/Doubling their score. This isn't too bad in a squad, and if you're Mesa. However solo this is crazy challenging on any other frame, as the Grineer literally instagib the infested the second they spawn. I just did this on the tier 3 bounty, as a Whipclaw Khora with a *lot* of range. They were killing enemies before I could even see where the spawn pods were/they showed up on radar. Give them a brief engagement time, or lower their damage a little. "Just use Mesa" is not a viable answer/strat.

Beyond that, really liking the new bounties and faction system.

To your first point - did you notice that the upload count is exactly the same as the amount of enemies killed during that phase?  I did.  The locked timer means that the issue here is spawning sufficient enemies to kill in the window....which is nearly impossible on the 20+ requirements.  If maybe this was scaled to the count, i.e. 15 is a minute and 25 is 90 seconds, it would be entirely more plausible.

 

To your second point...did you notice they spawn in the same place every single time?  It's 3-6 interacted with at maximum (3*5=15, 6*5=30).  During the first one just map out a fast course of 5, and your team will win even if everyone else is terrible.  The real problem here is that you can input more than one power cell at once, and then the system breaks down because there are no additional spawns.

 

To the third point...I agree.  It's almost like DE gave them flamethrowers as a gigantic middle finger to so many people using the ignis wraith on missions to power torch trash mobs.  I'd put something funny here, but I believe this is a jab at us as a whole.  I think it's petty, but not a surprise.  It's also not funny.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So...let's talk Scintillant again.

 

Ran about five vault runs consecutively solo.  The changes to the structure are not more challenging, just more grindy.  Additional time taken on the defenses is not an active challenge to the player.  

Scintillant...oh boy.  I discovered that I had missed one on nearly my first raid.  I was running solo, and saw the thing floating.  Shot it, tried to melee, tried to shoot it with and amp, and nothing worked.  I assumed it was like the secret labs on Jupiter, where you have permanent item markers on the map but nothing to get.  Now I'm angry.  Moreover, the hit box on this thing is still annoying.  It took 14 shots with a Catchmoon secondary to actually get it....after 16 with an Opticor primary, and 30 seconds of amp fire, and multiple slashes with melee.  Maybe that hitbox isn't fixed yet.

 

Let's also discuss the void dash thing.  It's obviously been added so we don't break the enemies with Lockdown.  The enemies that can activate a shield and instantly kill a player with electricity from across the room.  Enemies that can cause a stagger while using the Opticor....with an unobstructed view.  It's almost like the scripting here is held together with spit and tape, and it really shows.  Maybe tell us whether the lock-out of void dashing is an intended mechanic, or when it'll be fixed.

 

Finally....let's talk boosters.  Baro offered them today, an the grind is so much better with them that it isn't funny.  It doesn't influence tokens earned, but it does effectively allow for doubling of Father, Son, Daughter, and Otak.  It's pretty crazy to think that they're not a huge grind...until you get to Grandmother.  Seriglass shards and Scintillant are really going to be the pain points for getting the content here.  Between that, and the huge amount of vault runs it's going to require for just access to the mechs, I don't see a lot of actual love.  After 8 total mech deaths I have 2 mods.  I know that you can extend the thing with a good team...but I really don't think that the system rewards are there yet.  If I just grind up the faction standing there should be a bunch more content added in the coming months that will make this less of a painful grind for mediocre rewards.  It's pretty depressing to think that the same problems of economy are constantly being repeated on the open worlds...but the months of fixes and QoL updates will make things better.  It just has to suck now, so early adopters don't eat through the content too fast.  Sigh.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

So dev stream, no mention of the conservation issue. No mention of the Helminth nerfed abilities. Mostly talk about aesthetics, that mostly did not hit to begin with.

DE, if you are reading this, this update was not slightly off slam dunk. It did not even hit the board. The only thing that worked in the whole update was Luid. Everything else missed, and some by a huge margins.

Edited by (PS4)thegarada
Link to post
Share on other sites

why is conservation so worthless compared to the Plains and Vallis? i find bounties extremely boring and repetitive, so i used animal conservation to grind through Ostron and Solaris, but thanks to the silly token system (which is a needless abstraction layer and was advertised as a workaroud to an issue that exists by design) it feels like animal conservation for Entrati is just not worth the time and effort. i need to save like 7 animals (particular ones at that) for a single 500 standing token. why? 

edit: nvm i hate conservation on Deimos. there's too much foliage to see anything. also wth are Avichaea? probably a bird and it doesnt seem to spawn for me

Edited by Valfaun
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...