Heart of Deimos: New Syndicates & Economy Feedback Megathread

not sure if this applies here but in order to progress in the syndicate the first rank requires the spinal cords, I have cut up a number of the fish that are required and not gotten any spinal core sections, is it that this isnt garunteed drop or is this a bug?

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Yuilogy said:

not sure if this applies here but in order to progress in the syndicate the first rank requires the spinal cords, I have cut up a number of the fish that are required and not gotten any spinal core sections, is it that this isnt garunteed drop or is this a bug?

Try doing Vault bounties, when you finally reach the Vault at the end it can contain them. Got 4 this way 🙂

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Yuilogy said:

It's bugged.

Hey guys I love the update, but I also don't understand the token system or how to get standing. 

What do I do with the tokens to turn that into standing? I personally love mining and fishing but I'm just confused in what to do with the tokens.

Everything is beautiful, by the way. Gorgeous! I love open world and the caves and the anticipation of unlocking stuff in that operator lore room. The mech is awesome and the whole environment is just perfect.

I love the Entrati and the beautiful art and environment.

I hate fishing, mining, and conservation. Loathe them. Full forum PvP until I can progress without them.

WTB Helminth Segment 200p or 10,000,000 credits. DE take my money.

• Like 6

this token bulls**t made me alt+f4.

im not gonna play this. maybe not even the whole game itself.

standing cap: 30250 on mr29. r u serious? nice to give low mr a small boost, but at least increase high mr standing to an even xx000 number from mr26 upwards. or just rewind.

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, -L-A-Shift said:

standing cap: 30250 on mr29. r u serious? nice to give low mr a small boost, but at least increase high mr standing to an even xx000 number from mr26 upwards. or just rewind.

It's almost as if they don't want to give Veterans an edge but want to spoon-feed new players some more.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 9

So i hate hate hate the standing trash. Such an unimaginative way to limit how much grind someone can do in a grind based game. 

But yet, somehow you guys added something even worse than standing. An arbitrary ass middle man between farming and standing. 

I wanted to enjoy this update so much even if i might half to suffer thru some more standing. Xaku seems so cool the Helminth update amazing idea. The mecha was awesome. All ruined by p*ss poor gating.

Edited by KirotheImmortal
  • Like 11
1 minute ago, Voltage said:

It's almost as if they don't want to give Veterans an edge but want to spoon-feed new players some more.

Anyway, this Token - lets just be diplomatic and call it a - Thing confuses those new Players who are used to do Cetus/Fortuna Bounties. Oh and don't forget about the intense Affinity-Buff luck, which can skip a lot, since the Tokens are bound to Resources.

• Like 3

Remove middle man token system, it is too restrictive and locks content behind crap mini games. Other open world systems had more freedom of movement to rank up. I just can’t muster the energy to do more hunting games and to cheese another fishing game. Mining and bounties are my thing.

• Like 3

Well, whoever came up with that particular token-system deserves a raise! I have to assume the objective must have been to greatly increases the grind time? I ran around in free roam for *checks time* a bit over two hours now and still don't have the tags for a single son token! Awesome! A full success!

Slow Motion Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Just an update after roughly 45 minutes more of conservation - making it a bit shy of three hours in total: I have a nice collection of different tags now and still not enough of any of them for a single son token. I'm loving it! I wish I could do more of it before I'm ever able to reach rank 1 but I just can't handle more fun! Who wants to reach rank 3 for Chrysalis anyways without being blocked by trash rng spawns, right?

Edited by (PS4)Deeceem
  • Like 5

The Necramech Syndicate is (inadvertently?) locked behind MR11, as the first rank-up requires a Zymos Blueprint.
LRvZ82T.png

However, the Zymos Blueprint is only purchasable if you're Mastery Rank 11.
NSZBiSG.png

Basically, if you're below Mastery Rank 11, you cannot access Necramechs at all. To add to this, the second and third Necraloid ranks require Sepulcrum and Trumna blueprints, respectively, which are Mastery 14 and 13.

Edited by Xandis
  • Like 6

Anything is better than mining and fishing. Please for the love of god find a different more interesting method of gaining standing. I don't know anyone who actually enjoys it. It makes no sense to lock content behind activities that have nothing to do with the actual game play. 

Or at least let me throw plat at the problem. I don't care if i have to pay 10k plat to max standing. I hate ranking open world standing with a passion. All i want to do is shut the game off and find something better to do with my time but I've been waiting weeks for subsume abilities.

How could this system have ever been considered a good idea. Was it tested by employees? Within an hour of playing it you should have realized it is just awful and not enjoyable. 

Edited by Berzerkules
  • Like 2

I don't understand DE's philosophy. If everyone universally dislikes something, rather than asses the issue and fix it, they double down on stupidity and tie progression and/or cool stuff behind it. 

Nobody likes this overly convoluted hunting simulator we took so long to develop and we never even tried ourselves, to the point that we ran into 3 different bugs to showcase it and it was so abysmally underwhelming we had to use cheats to show the gameplay? Well, let's tie it into progression! Why is everyone complaining?! You'll like it, or else...

• Like 11

Honestly, I've been thoroughly hyped for this update, primarily for the Helminth system.

First I find I have to work through a bug that made it impossible to complete the first quest.  Next I find out that this highly advertised feature is locked behind a mountain of gates.

To cap this off, to progress through these layers of gating requires extensive playing of the type of twee, uninteresting mini games that make the mobile gaming sector a joke.

Ninjas play free. As long are also willing to shoot lasers at pebbles and knock out kittens so that can get to the bits they actually enjoy.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, ixidron92 said:

Next time you develop a new economy system, every single member of the developing team should play until they get everything and agree that everything is ok. Only then should you proceed with that economy.

DE if you read only 1 comment on this thread this would be the one. 

• Like 18
hace 1 minuto, Borg1611 dijo:

I'm wondering if there's a Thumper equivalent in Deimos that lets you farm mining/fishing etc resources that way instead of having to actually mine or fish. 

That would be the vault missions. You still have to do conservation, though. 

• Like 2

Completely butchered my interest in the patch. I have to decide if my desire to mod my frames abilities is stronger than my hatred for grindy fishing (why you no give spine cores, spine fish?) and my disdain for that crap conservation minigame. 

helminth should be on quest completion or at least let us buy the thing.  Hiding one of the coolest features of the patch behind fishing and crap.... to quote the great Burton Guster:  “come on, son!”   

Edited by OmegaDonut
  • Like 4

I think the token system is a wonderful idea, but it needs some work on the execution.

See, the good thing about it is that we can now bank standing in the form of tokens. That's great. It's better than great. It's an amazing anti-grind measure.

The problem with this system is that the only way to get some tokens is doing activities we might not like. Son tokens only come from wildlife tagging. Daughter tokens from fishing. Etc. This wouldn't be a problem if the tokens were just ways of banking standing, but they're also used for things like rank ups. Which leads to embarassments like having to patch out the rank up requirement for son tokens because the only way to get them is to capture animals, but you need to be rank 1 to get the echo lures to actually capture animals effectively.

So the solution is to either let players trade for the tokens they want (which would only heighten the fact that the whole family are backbiting weasels, which is great because that's what they are), or to strip out any rank up requirements or crafting requirements that require the tokens and turn the tokens explicitly into a means of banking standing.

The other problem is that it's overwhelming and confusing. This is less of a problem though, because over time players will come to understand how the system works.

15 minutes ago, ixidron92 said:

Nobody likes this overly convoluted hunting simulator

...I quite like the conservation system. A lot of my clanmates do too. It's a fun diversion with fun rewards. Given how much the community loves floofs, I'm pretty sure you're very much in the minority here when you say you don't like the hunting simulator.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger
  • Like 8