Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: New Tenno Reinforcements Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

We’re going to need guns. Lots of guns.

Heart of Deimos brings a whole set of new weapons, skins, and cosmetics. With this update, you can find the following sets:

• Quassus Warfan - Xaku’s signature weapon!
  • Zymos Pistol and Keratinos Claws - Both new infested weapons found in the Deimos Infested Bundle!
  • Hydroid Rakkam Collection - including the Carcinus Speargun Skin and the squid-like Scyph skin for the Diriga Sentinel!
  • Trumna and Seulcrum - new weapons of the Entrati Syndicate, using ancient technology to power special effects!

If you have feedback to leave on the subject of the new Tenno Reinforcements, then please do so in this thread. Please remember that you should keep your feedback constructive and civil. If you like an aspect of the new content, tell us what you like. If you do not like an aspect, then tell us why, and what you would change to make it better!

Please bear in mind this is not a place to leave bugs you discover while playing. If you do need to report a bug, please use the dedicated Heart of Deimos Bug-Hunting thread!

Thank you!

Regarding the Keratinos Claws, you need 2 blade and 2 gauntlet components to craft them but the components themselves require 12 hours of build time. Much to the chagrin, assumingly, for the other weapons available for standing purchase in Necralisk.

So for any weapon to be bought with standing and built from the Necralisk weaponsmith is going to take a heavy investment of time to see them into the player’s hands. And from the introductory Heart of Deimos update notes, Infested Kitguns are to be expected in the future. Kitgun components from Fortuna and Zaws from Cetus only take 1 hour of build time to get them ready to start crafting them into the final product.

So why do the components for these Update-intrinsic weapons have a 12 hour build time when Kitguns themselves have a much shorter timespan to build? What is the rationale behind this?

4 hours ago, reaper10678 said:

The seulcrum is impossible to obtain at its purchase rank because it requires a rank three prerequisite gem but its bp is from rank two. 

This. It's rather annoying considering I was looking forward to using the weapon, and getting the Grandmother Tokens for that Seriglass Shard is already enough of a grind.

Honestly don't know why the parts aren't just sold in their complete form. It's not like it's a modular system where you get the fruits of your labour immediately after building all of the parts (albeit in a diminished form), it's just a two-staged crafting process.

The infested claws are fine. Finally a status focused weapon with a bearable attack speed.

The guns however, the reload speeds of Zymos, Sepulcrum and Trumna are 3.2, 4.0 and 5.0 seconds respectively. Excuse me, but what the hell is this? Reload speeds of over 2.0 are already unejoyable, but these are completely unusable. Stop making every new gun total garbage please. Melee meta is already too strong.

Cortege deals impact and radiation damage as a heavy weapon, but the preview shows heat and it deals heat damage in archwing. This doesn't seem to make sense, and does not appear to be mentioned anywhere. Why have the misleading preview and offer it in the infested open world, when radiation is weak against infested?

Sepulcrum, alt fire: I suggest adding the proximity explosion mechanic. Right now the projectiles will orbit the centipedes (and sometimes other enemies) indefinitely until the latter lifts its body up, thus positioning itself in the way of the projectile.

The easy solution would be taking the recent Grattler mechanic, where projectiles automatically explode in proximity to target. That will surely result in the direct impact damage loss, but may sometimes benefit to the area coverage.

Another one: explode when withing X meters from target for more then Y seconds.

And another one: allow unlimited turn angle when within X meters from target.

I like the concept of the Sepulcrum, but the execution has some issues. 

One: The lock-on mechanism is very slow, making it borderline unusable in co-op play, because anything you lock on to will die before you have enough targets. 

Two: The lock-on mechanism always consumes the full bar, even if it fires only one missile. This feels wasteful, especially since it can only be fired with a full clip.

Three: The missiles take a -very- long time to respond to their lock-on, and will die on colission with terrain, which makes them borderline unusable indoors.

Four: The missiles have trouble tracking some targets.

My suggestions:

One: The alt-fire mode should be considered its own ammo. One kill = one missile. Allow players more controlled access to the missile mode.

Two: Projectiles are terrain agnostic. They phase through it completely.

Three: Either widen the lock-on scope, or remove the manual lock-on and make the missiles automatically seek out targets of their own accord.

My Trumna feedback:

The weapon is amazing (and worth the grind), It only needs some little tweaks: 

(Problem / suggestion)

• Problem: Its recoil is a little too much, even with stabilizer mod (-60% recoil) you tend to miss many of your headshots until it stabilizes and if you use vile precision mod (-90% recoil -36% fire rate) to solve completely the problem, your fire rate goes really low considering the fire rate of the weapon / Suggestion: reduce the recoil just a little bit so it is enough using the stabilizer mod (-60% recoil) to get the actual in-game effect of vile precision (-90% recoil).
  • Problem: the alt-fire subsequent explosions are incredible when they work... the explosions are RNG based, it doesn´t work consistently because of this. Sometimes it gets the job done and sometimes it won´t hit the enemies and... getting the 5 kills again just because the alt fire didn´t kill the enemies is annoying. Suggestion: I don´t know I just... don´t like how inconsitent it can be at times. It is supossed to be an old war weapon, if Sepulcrum has lock-on missiles... why does the trumna has to have an inconsistent alt-fire. I get this being a thing with Kuva Bramma... but with Trumna, you have to kill 5 enemies in order to use it, its alt-fire isn´t spammable so I don´t think it should be inconsistent😢

My Sepulcrum feedback: Doesn´t feel like a MR 14 weapon (a little bit grindy too)... it´s not bad, not that good either. Its hornet missiles work as intended I guess (bad in corridors, good in open areas). In its current state, considering it is a secondary weapon... my only suggestion is decreasing the reload time to 2.5 seconds and increasing its fire rate just a tiny bit. Its current dps isn´t worth the 4 seconds of reload speed.

Sepulcrum feedback:

I love the visual and sound design! Looks and sounds like a proper hand cannon 🙂 However, i think the performance could, and should be improved a bit.

Main fire mode:

The firerate stat as displayed in the arsenal UI (3.67/s) is misleading. Since it's a 2 rounds burst the actual number of trigger pulls per second is only 1.8. That's really too slow and unwieldy imo, even for a big hand cannon. Please consider increasing it slightly.

High crit stats are nice, but at 14%, status chances are quite low-ish. Even with the explosion, and fully modded, that's about 3-4 status procs per shot. If you don't want to increase the firerate, maybe increase the status chances instead?

I don't mind the long reload time, thanks to the large magazine.

Alt fire mode:

Very nice looking, unique functionality, satisfying to use, good damage. However, as Colyeses above said, if we lock and shoot only one target, it should only deplete one charge. Or maybe always shoot all 5 missiles regardless of the number of locks?

Also, the locking range is really too short, which makes it almost useless in open world maps. I understand that it prevents accidentally locking enemies too far away behind the intended targets, but it should be increased a bit in my opinion.

I like that the short delay between locks allows to semi randomly select targets far appart from each others in a horde with a quick swipe, thus covering a wider area if we want to. I wouldn't mind if it was slightly faster though, but not instantaneous.

Please note that currently the missiles often don't home in on targets at all, for clients. I've reported it in the bugs megathread too, i know we're not supposed to report here, but the megathread is already 42 (!) pages long and i fear it'll end up buried there for months like some other open world reinforcements bugs in the past (*cough* Ocucor's multishot bug).

Compared to the lock-on system for Ash's Blade Storm, Sepulcrum's alt fire lock-on rate feels quite sluggish.

Spoiler

aS3Ii5n.gif1sW9TS1.gif

Slowing down a bit and aiming helps increase the max lock-on rate (and feels closer to the fluidity of Blade Storm), but it starts to conflict with the somewhat "fast-paced" nature of Warframe combat.

Spoiler

AHilxrT.gif

I still have a lot of work to do when it comes to testing the accuracy of the seeking rounds, but a few things I've noticed:

• It appears there is a "lag time" before the seeker rounds actually start to "curve" towards their target. While this isn't much of an issue in areas with clear sight lines, it immediately causes issues when it comes to "curving" the rounds to try and bypass obstacles (especially when it comes to spaces with low overhead clearance). Compensating for that additional time requires additional distance from your target and/or any obstacles that may be in the way, which can often be a non-starter. And if you are "off" with your aim on a target in close proximity, they often bypass the target before re-orienting.
  • Partially tied into the above, seeker rounds appear to have a harder time arcing vertically than they do so horizontally. They often take longer to begin curving towards the target when aiming above your "intended", than it takes for them to do so when you aim to the left or right of the target. The disparity becomes increasingly noticeable the further your aim strays.

The Sepulcrum cannot use Synth Charge or Eject Mag for no proper reason. I can imagine it's because the reload time for this weapon (And some others, such as Trumna and Chakkhurr with their rifle equivalent of Eject Mag) is the main drawback and these effects circumvent it somewhat. However, this also locks out Synth Charge's effect from potentially pushing the alt-fire into an overdrive that could be almost impossible to apply, but hilarious.  

More importantly however, it's a break in consistency, and that makes it feel like you're bending the rules to stop players from finding solutions to challenges you set. It's curating a player's build options in a game that's all about those build options. It feels restrictive, unfair, and confrontational, as you had to specifically code these mods -out- to get the desired result. 

That said, the Trumna is fantastic. I love its slower firerate, the recoil is manageable, and the alt-fire is a blast. It was just the other day that I was thinking that Warframe could stand to learn a thing or two from Gunfire Reborn's weapon designs, as in that game, almost every weapon is unique, and there are modifiers that can make guns even more unique, from run to run. What specifically brought this on was the Crimson Firescale, an assault rifle that stores explosive ammo on headshots, which the Trumna actually sort of resembles in gameplay style.

The Sepulcrum needs help getting its gimmick to a better state, and the Zymos needs some bugfixing, but all in all, these weapons are a step in the right direction. Power creeping is an easy way to make new weapons appealing, but these gimmicks allow for much more restrained weapon output while still staying relevant to players. Kudos to the team for these, particularly the Entrati weapons and the Zymos, and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Trumna is pretty meh in performance. It's alt fire is good damage, but it's primary fire is terrible for how low of a fire rate it has along with a massive reload speed. The gun is cool but under performs. It's recoil is also far too massive and while you can control it after the initial climb, the initial climb is massive to the point where it's better to aim at feet so the recoil aligns on with the head.

The gun needs a reduction on it's recoil and a buff to it's primary damage. Either give it another 0 at the end of at least double the damage.

On 2020-08-29 at 7:57 PM, BIoodyfish said:

Cortege deals impact and radiation damage as a heavy weapon, but the preview shows heat and it deals heat damage in archwing. This doesn't seem to make sense, and does not appear to be mentioned anywhere. Why have the misleading preview and offer it in the infested open world, when radiation is weak against infested?

^^ change/fix and give us heat dmg on the ground too..

My suggestion regarding SEPULCRUM

Projectile appearance : i was hoping that it would look like bursas missiles, not like laser projectiles. 

Alt fire mechanic: allow us to unleash all charge regardless of how many enemies we lock on to, so we can maximize the damage and usage of this weapon. If we only lock on 1 enemy then we can unleash all 5 missiles on that 1 enemy, if we only lock on to 2 enemies then this is how we divide the 5 missiles

Missile 1 = target 1

Missile 2 = target 2

Missile 3 = target 1

Missile 4 = target 2

Missile 5 = target 1

Same thing with 3 or 4 targets. 

Also let the missiles to ignore any terrain as long as the enemies in the LoS, bcos the homing feature on this weapon is less than adequate. 

Some Sepulcrum feedback:

Firstly, I should say that the gun feels and looks incredibly cool. Each shot shows weight and power, and is pretty satisfying. 

As many others have already suggested, the alt fire isn't optimal, and could use some tuning. Other than solving various tracking issues with the missiles, I'd propose modifying the current targeting mechanic: hovering over each individual enemy is sluggish and suboptimal in combat, especially when you could have simply shot the target while passing over it with the reticle. I feel a system similar to Titanfall's "Smart Pistol", with a fairly wide, rectangular reticle that automatically selects targets inside it would greatly improve Sepulcrum's gunplay, along with the ability to always unleash the full barrage of missiles, evenly divided between the number of available targets.

I love the weapons we've gotten BUT one thing sticks out like a sore thumb to me

The Cortege is a flamethrower based on that description, but its only a "Flamethrower" in Archwing (in... The atmosphere-less void of space so that's a little silly) but it turns into Radiation on the ground? Like okay, bit weird but okay. I think switching those would be a good call:

Heat would be far more valuable than radiation on the ground because using the Cortege on the ground with the Necramech or as a Heavy weapon would be great for dealing with the Infested on the Cambion Drift or nice as a compliment to Viral Damage.

Whereas radiation in Archwing / Railjack could be good for dealing with the armour of the Grineer Ships.

Just something to consider, let the Giant Flamethrower be a Giant Flamethrower instead of a Chernobylthrower

I really like the way Sepulcrum looks, but given that it has twin barrels I think it’s a sin to make it a slow-firing, semi-auto. But I feel that it’s too much to ask for it to be made into a high fire rate, full-auto pistol, so maybe you could make skins of that and Trumna available for use on all primaries and secondaries respectively after you’ve built them?

Cortege components take 1 minute to build whereas every other Necralisk Reinforcement from Father takes 12 hours for their reinforcements to build.

This feels absolutely odd to me when I started building this Archgun.

Can we please just make all weapon components for the Necralisk Reinforcements 1 hour at the very least to craft? Weapon blueprints are fine at their 12-24 hour craft times, but the components shouldn’t be distorted with 12 hours of twiddling our thumbs.

Archived