Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Protea owns me!

(PSN)The_Creator222

Question

Hey fellow Tenno,

I've been having a problem with the final mission of "The Deadlock Protocol" where you're sent out to take down Protea in her own little lair. I've been having an insane amount of trouble with this mission and I'm running out of ideas to take this boss down!

know that in order to make sure her health bars stay down, you have to use the special ability of the Xoris. Suck up the specters and explode it near her when she starts to rewind time for herself. That's not the problem for me.

The problem is that she kills me! And her shields regenerate insanely fast! I've been having trouble getting her shields and her actual bars down to a point where I even can use the special ability to keep her down! Once I get in Melee range, she slays me really quickly!

Currently, I'm using Ember, mostly with her ability to decrease incoming damage and I've been lucky enough to get the Adaptation Mod, which reduces incoming damage even further. But she still takes me down within seconds! I've no idea what to do in order to get her down, and it's a solo mission so I can't ask one of my friends to help me with her.

In terms of Warframes, I've got Excalibur, Mag, Ember, Oberon and Hydroid Prime available to me.

Does anyone have any tips? Weapon suggestions? Or even Warframe suggestions I can go after on long term? I hope you can help me out!

6 answers to this question

Do not

I repeat

DO NOT attack Protea in melee for any reason whatsoever. That is my first tip

Mag might be your best bet, if you hit her with a Bullet Attractor and let her kill herself. Mod your guns for some Magnetic damage to keep her from regenerating her shields.

But overall, your best bet might be to just grind some endo and upgrade your mods. Increase your Vitality and Steel Fiber mods

34 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Do not

I repeat

DO NOT attack Protea in melee for any reason whatsoever. That is my first tip

Mag might be your best bet, if you hit her with a Bullet Attractor and let her kill herself. Mod your guns for some Magnetic damage to keep her from regenerating her shields.

But overall, your best bet might be to just grind some endo and upgrade your mods. Increase your Vitality and Steel Fiber mods

This did the trick! Thank you very much for the suggestion of using Mag's Magnetize ability! I can recommend this to anyone!

Or you can just forget this punishment from DE. Flat out I aborted and have not gone back, and NEVER EVER WILL!!! It is not fun, I hate the Xoris, and oh the boss regens to. No clue why DE thought forcing us to do something most players hate was a good idea, but as result I will bever do the last fight of this quest, and I tend to avoid the new tile sets to not deal with the treasurers and the gate locked content.

Flat out you can not miss one Xoris toss or the whole fight stats all over. If they were going to lock this to something like Xoris it needed an Umbra like grind at it back door like that quest had.

Archived