Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Quantity Select Should Have A "Select All Except One" Button

Kald-Wing

While I was deleting duplicate mods I thought to myself about how much of a chore it was to select a mod, click the maximize amount button, and then click down one. All in order to sell one stack of mods of a great amount of others. So a possible solution to this would be to just have a "Select All But One" button just below the 'Confirm' and 'Cancel' buttons. Another possible addition to this is a button on the mod screen itself that just sells every duplicate you have. I believe this should be implemented as it makes for a good Quality of Life change, having the players spend less time clicking through the modding UI than is necessary.

36 minutes ago, Kald-Wing said:

Another possible addition to this is a button on the mod screen itself that just sells every duplicate you have

A button like this is dangerous. Imagine how many people would accidentally sell all the mods they were keeping. There are also times when having multiple duplicates of a mod are useful - duplicates would include if you had multiple max rank mods. This is a bad idea.

Select all but one is okay, but surely it is easy enough to just type the quantity. 

9 minutes ago, krc473 said:

A button like this is dangerous. Imagine how many people would accidentally sell all the mods they were keeping. There are also times when having multiple duplicates of a mod are useful - duplicates would include if you had multiple max rank mods. This is a bad idea.

Select all but one is okay, but surely it is easy enough to just type the quantity. 

I suppose I can agree with your first point. But I cannot agree with typing the quantity being easy enough than a "Select All But One" button. At the moment of writing this, I have 114 mods, if we go with having to type the quantity and if I include the button press it takes to select mod for the menu to open, I have to press 4+ buttons in order to select the amount I want. Now 4+ buttons x 114 mods means I have to click and type 456 times when I could just have a button that selects all but one and only have to click 228 times for all of those mods. The main reason I never dissolve my mods is because the amount of time it takes to just sit and stare at the menu clicking around for a good 10 minutes or so.

Also, instead of a button that sells/dissolves every duplicate you have, why not just have it select all but one of every duplicate you have. That would be even more useful for my purposes. Then I could individually select any mods I would like to keep duplicates of. As of this current system, dissolving mods takes far too much time than it should.

22 minutes ago, Kald-Wing said:

The main reason I never dissolve my mods is because the amount of time it takes to just sit and stare at the menu clicking around for a good 10 minutes or so.

I guess I see limited use in the system anyway. I don't bother to dissolve mods, and wouldn't if your system was implemented. I believe I have 30k-50k duplicates. But there is no reason to dissolve them.

22 minutes ago, Kald-Wing said:

Also, instead of a button that sells/dissolves every duplicate you have, why not just have it select all but one of every duplicate you have. That would be even more useful for my purposes. Then I could individually select any mods I would like to keep duplicates of. As of this current system, dissolving mods takes far too much time than it should.

You do realise that is still a poor system right? You would still get rid of many mods you wanted. We cannot have a button that will select all duplicate mods but one. A button when selecting each mod would be alright, but not a universal "all mods" button.

• The other issue is that every single time you wanted to use that function you would have to deselect and reselect the same mods. It would be less efficient that the current system.

I'd be down for this, I used to dissolve by the stack until I noticed the game saying all these mods I've probly had thousands of (not at one point, but total) as "NEW" just because I didn't have one sitting around. I hated that red herring, they aren't new, I just didn't have any at that moment. Which probly says something about how useful that mod is

Archived