Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

non-solo pause?

DeckChairVonBananaCamel

not sure how hard it would be to implement, or how many people would actually want this, but is there any possibility to allow pausing in non-solo play?

like having a system that so long as every player in a session has the pause menu up, the game pauses.

Life happens sometimes (getting a delivery, phone call, or needing to go to the toilet) and lets say you are in an organised squad doing an endurance run or something you could quickly say over the voice chat "hey guys, can we pause for a minute, i need to do X"

I'm not saying to allow it in public matches, let's say just in invite/friends only sessions.

it would also alleviate some of the frustration of having your matchmaking set to invite for the purposes of trading, then forgetting to switch back to solo when taking your new thing out for a spin and realising you cant pause if you suddenly need to get up. (because you would be the only one in the squad and therefore when you pause it would satisfy the "every player has their menu up" condition)

This would only work with friends where people are willing to wait for another player. I don't see this working in public matches at all. And if you're expecting a delivery or need to do stuff other than playing I would suggest not going into a mission in the first place. You can of course get a phone call which could take priority over a game, but since you're engaged with other people many times a phone call can wait until you're done. Missions in WF are not particularly long unless you go for an endurance run.

I never needed to pause the game when in a group mission so I don't think I would use this. In fact I may be annoyed if another player requests it, unless it is a friend. But then we're likely on voice comms anyways so.

3 minutes ago, nerfinator6 said:

It would have to be opt in, otherwise the game gets paused for everyone, and that wouldn't work in pubs.

Thats what the OP said, if you had public enabled this wouldn't even be an option but if you set it to friends only then it would be.

7 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

This would only work with friends where people are willing to wait for another player. I don't see this working in public matches at all. And if you're expecting a delivery or need to do stuff other than playing I would suggest not going into a mission in the first place. You can of course get a phone call which could take priority over a game, but since you're engaged with other people many times a phone call can wait until you're done. Missions in WF are not particularly long unless you go for an endurance run.

I never needed to pause the game when in a group mission so I don't think I would use this. In fact I may be annoyed if another player requests it, unless it is a friend. But then we're likely on voice comms anyways so.

well im glad you agree with me in regards to the not allowing it in public matches and only really allowing it in friends/invite only

2 minutes ago, nerfinator6 said:

It would have to be opt in, otherwise the game gets paused for everyone, and that wouldn't work in pubs.

well as i said in my post, you would not allow it in pubs, and also the game would only pause whilst the whole squad was in their pause menus... as i mentioned in my post...

Archived