Now that the dust has settled...

1 hour ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Anyone is free to try this, check your relics, do a search for a component in your relic console, you can even upgrade your relic to increase your chances... turns out the game saves your searches for that session and your chances of getting that item are strongly reduced even for a radshare.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTE_h7tJo-NO3vezE5qGIr

• Like 2

I use it for simaris rep since it gives so much per scan due to the levels. I also use it as my Kuva farm place with Khora, since unbuffed you get 20k kuva for 60-70 minutes of farming without having to bother with kuva survival.

I play almost all regular missions on steelpath. I like the added affinity, dropchance etc. And I also appreciate that enemies don't get one shot, but take a couple of hits. It feels appropiate for my gear - just my cat keeps dieing at a annoying rate.

Also a shame that you can't do fissures etc in Steel Path.

Edited by elZach

Overall I would say it was okay. A few things stood out for me:

1- Primary weapons were almost totally useless. Magnetic Nukor + CO melee tore through everything.

2- MVP frames were Khora, Baruuk (vs Grineer), Hildryn (vs everyone - total beast), Ivara/Ash (spy), Slowva (for interceptions when I couldn’t find an open squad). I didn’t use any other frames which was a surprise.

3- New Kuva farm via steel essence from Gabii.

4 hours ago, White_Matter said:

Did it adress the "challenge" aspect Vets have been asking for years ? 

i dont think it delivered what vets were seeking although imo if it were to be had better rewards vets woud have incentive to work towards .

Edited by killerJoke66
2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

I like it. Just wish for Fissures to be included at least.

I have to move around when using more squishy frames for once.

And I have to think what to bring to the mission or get my ass handed to me.

But I'm sure some people using Inaros 9K, Kuva Bramma with 5 Forma, Sacrificial Redeemer Prime and Kuva Nukor with 5 Forma are saying how easy and boring it is.

Used no forma squishy arse volt with a random polearm modded for toxin and CO  then gone for  some random toroid farm in temple of profit in fortuna . Turns out he does fine till the alarms no longer spawn enemies even with the 4 alarms levels up me standing on the alarm thingy ... 

So boring and pointless to be honest. I also think that all nodes should be unlocked at the start. No way do I have the time to go through the star chart again. Especially since I like many other cleared the star chart pre junctions when there were a lot more nodes to clear. A script should have been run during the update that sniffed this out and unlocked it 100%. But its just DE trying to get more hours played for the purpose of data statistics, 

I also hate about 30-40% of the nodes in regular mode no way do I want to do this all over again. And as far as rewards go. Cosmetics to me are worthless so I also have no reason to farm anything.

Hmm it isn't terribly rewarding and it's needlessly bulletspongie.... pretty sure I've been saying that since day one tho. 

The fact that people essentially traded having to sit in endless missions for upwards of an hour before the challenge ramped up with having to sit in endless missions for upwards of an hour before the steel-bux reward drops finally ramped up.... was kind of an amusing six of one half dozen of the other development tho. 

Just stopped playing it because it wasn't fun. 

Which is kinda interesting because I did initially enjoy the elevated levels of enemies on Lich missions before I stopped enging with that system. Tho I still think I like the Lich system better, the whole RNG theft mechanic can still go hecc right the hecc into a volcano. 

Not sure if I'll ever finish the last Lich I pulled or just leave it there until it steals a sortie riven and then uninstall. Kinda like a friendly little landmine~

Edited by Oreades
vor 3 Stunden schrieb RazerXPrime:

DE decided to simply counter that by increasing HP and such. But the thing is you can already get that challenge without steel path if you just remove mods from your frame and weapons. It is the exact same experience.

I challenge you to remove mods from your frame and weapons, play normal missions and then repeat that it's the same.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, White_Matter said:

What do you think about the Steel Path ? Was it a success ? Or a failiure ?

Failure.

I tried it out today. And honestly, I don't see any challenge here. All I see is a return of the bullet sponges, but on steroids.

3 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

I tried it out today. And honestly, I don't see any challenge here. All I see is a return of the bullet sponges, but on steroids.

Ya know something I noticed with regards to the spongieness was an inversion in my enjoyment of the factions. 

In Warframe Proper when given the option between the Corpus and Grineer I'd almost always go Grineer because they are the more strait forward of the factions. Where as in what I played of Steel Path because they sponged up the Grineer so hard I actually looked forward to the Corpus. 

vor 9 Minuten schrieb o0Despair0o:

Failure.

Do more damage then. Equipment selection is part of the gameplay. You're so used to not having any challenge and steamrolling everything that you don't even notice when you failed a challenge.

Edited by Krankbert
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

Do more damage then. Equipment selection is part of the gameplay. You're so used to not having any challenge and steamrolling everything that you don't even notice when you failed a challenge.

Did you not read how it didn't add any challenge, or did you just decide to ignore the obvious? A pointless question, considering the fact that any time someone mentions something being boring, dull or stupid, the same people crawls out of the woodworks to say "Don't like challenge? filthy casual".

vor 6 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Yggranya:

Did you not read how it didn't add any challenge, or did you just decide to ignore the obvious?

I read it. I explicitly disagreed with it. In fact, pointing out that the poster didn't even notice failing the challenge was pretty much the entire point of my comment.

Some rando on this forum saying that it doesn't add any challenge doesn't make it true. Especially not when said randos are whining about "bUlLeT sPoNgEs" where other people whose damage is not as terrible are doing fine.

Edited by Krankbert

All steel path did was advance my carpel tunnel. Especially that one nightwave infested boss.

Left click, left click, Left click, left click, Left click, left click, Left click, left click.

😴

Edited by Chaemyerelis

Steel Path is basically a new game+ mode, and in that regard it's fine, thoguh i do wish Steel Essence dropped a bit more, or at least gave you one for each node, then you can follow the breadcrumb trail to a guaranteed reward, and have enough Essence to get the stuff you want. I really like both the Ephemeras, not too bothered by the Bishamo armor. IMO they could improve it by:

- increasing Steel Essence Drop rate, or at least giving one for each node completed.

- updating the rewards every so often, to keep giving players an incentive, and as a place for DE to dump any extra cosmetic ideas they have.

- eventually adding another tier of starmap on top of Steel Path, maybe called "Void Path" or "Warrior's Path", something along those lines anyway, enemy level +200, even more Health, shields and armor, and maybe a slight damage increase against us (just so it's not as easy for all you Inaros Primes out there!).

I've never had enough time to spare for really long endurance runs, along with always getting bored by around the 60 minute mark anyways. So Steel Path is a very welcomed addition for me, I can jump straight to higher level enemies without wasting away my life to do so.

4 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Anyone is free to try this, check your relics, do a search for a component in your relic console, you can even upgrade your relic to increase your chances... turns out the game saves your searches for that session and your chances of getting that item are strongly reduced even for a radshare.

You are on to something here.

Steel path for me is fun done solo. I don't mind having company, but all you need is another decent player to trivialize most of it. 

It's at least a fitting playground outside the simulacrum. Having the trophies and emotes to cap it off was a nice surprise too. I am also lucky for having a female operator to don the better looking dax armor 🤣

It was fleeting,  but it felt great taking down one planet and its resident boss (most I did solo) after another. At the moment, I still visit it for testing and for doing simaris xp farm. 

Edited by Alpha_Tango

The health, armour and shield modifiers don't really make things harder except to remember to switch between each weapon for different status effects, then Finish with melee, ability or headshot. The trick to the whole thing is how fast you can do it and how long you have stamina for repetition. This isn't really 'hard' ... except maybe having enough damage modifier mods to be able to compete. It's the reason it's targeted to veterans, as they're the only ones most likely to have the mods required for 'quick' mission completion.

What would be a true hard mode is if enemies could actually have the same health, armour and shields that we have, except they have the same damage behaviour as, say, Call of Duty or even like PubG(?). But then, if Warframe turns into those other games, why play Warframe?

Take a standard Extermination mission. Right now, we just breeze through it. What if the enemies got so brutal that we would have to take the mission one small room at a time and actually use real-life tactics to complete the mission without dying? What if the requirements changed so that dying wasn't allowed at all, and if you did die, you wake up in the chair and have to remake and re-level your Warframe all over again? What if the Grineer or Corpus recovered your dead Warframe and sent it back at you when you reattempt your failed mission? And what if they re-instated friendly fire and self damage? 

We'd have to be really careful then.

1 hour ago, Krankbert said:

I read it. I explicitly disagreed with it. In fact, pointing out that the poster didn't even notice failing the challenge was pretty much the entire point of my comment.

Some rando on this forum saying that it doesn't add any challenge doesn't make it true. Especially not when said randos are whining about "bUlLeT sPoNgEs" where other people whose damage is not as terrible are doing fine.

I don't remember saying anything about my damage output. In fact I can deal with those level 100+ grineer just fine.

But that doesn't change the fact that the "challenge" of steel path revolves around making enemies ridiculously tanky. They don't use any better tactics, they don't use better weapons, they don't do anything different from normal enemies. The only difference is that their stats were cranked up to 11.

Look, I don't need you to agree with me. In fact I won't even care if you just continue to shove other people's opinions where the sun doesn't shine, but the fact that steel path is a bad joke remains.

And on another note,

1 hour ago, Krankbert said:

Some rando on this forum saying [...]

That goes for you aswell. Just because you say Steel Path is perfectly fine doesn't make it true.

I'm out. I said what I had to say. I hope you enjoy your stay on my ignore list with all the others.

I did it, took my time with it to space it out and I appreciated having something to work towards again rather than some self made goal. I didnt find the enemies too hard though they were too tough for me to use my Seer which bummed me out but it is MR0 so it was expected. I would have liked for DE to include fissures and kuva siphons in the steel path, maybe even sorties. As aside from testing weapons on them theres little reason to repeat the nodes unless im after essence. If i had the choice I would run fissures in SP as few things are as boring as a lith run where my sentinel can handle the entire mission itself.  One thing I have noticed is that player numbers in my experience are very low so the vast majority of the starchart was a solo run for me with people only showing up on the occasional boss run or intercepts but rarely elsewhere.

Overall though I'm glad DE added it.

❤️DE

Edited by LordPantaloonsthe3rd
vor 2 Stunden schrieb o0Despair0o:

I don't remember saying anything about my damage output. In fact I can deal with those level 100+ grineer just fine.

But that doesn't change the fact that the "challenge" of steel path revolves around making enemies ridiculously tanky. They don't use any better tactics, they don't use better weapons, they don't do anything different from normal enemies. The only difference is that their stats were cranked up to 11.

Complaining about enemies being "bullet sponges" implies that they take a lot of bullets to kill because that's what that word means. "On steroids" implies that they're especially "bulletspongy" because that's what that expression means. So you can either accept that your damage is bad or you can backpedal and admit that your complaint about the enemies being bullet sponges was just something you said for no reason whatsoever, because the enemies can't simultaneously be bullet sponges and just fine to deal with.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb o0Despair0o:

And on another note,

That goes for you aswell. Just because you say Steel Path is perfectly fine doesn't make it true.

No, that doesn't make it true. It's still true though.

• Like 2