Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Berserker Frame's Broken Restraints (Update: Response To Leaked Screenshots)

shut

UPDATE:
As shown on leaked screenshots on Reddit, the Berzerker Frame's broken restraints are separate from the frame. Just like Mortos Syandana was separate from Nekros.

I believe my original point still stands.
The best option is to keep the Frame and the Restraints separated, but have the Restraints come with the Frame upon crafting or buying. So you can choose whether or not you want to wear it, free of charge.
Making it plat-only, when it's been advertised as part of the frame up till now, is nothing but a slap in the face for many players.

UPDATE 2:
According to a kind soul who posted immediately after I revived this thread, the restraints simply have not been modeled yet (although the fact that the Frame and the restraints are being modeled separately is still a bit suspicious). My bad.
Let the anxious waiting continue.

* * * * * * * * UPDATE 3: * * * * * * * * * *
Whoopsie. I was too distracted by the lack of detached wires in the pictures and didn't notice that the shackles around her neck and head are fully modeled and already attached, and appear in the mission preparation dioramas. The shackles themselves appear to be built into the Frame.

It's only the wires that haven't appeared yet, due to not being modeled and/or jiggleboned yet, I believe. Whether these will be attached or separate is still a mystery as of now.

Original post below.

You know, the clamps around her neck and the torn-out tubes and clamps attached to her arms.

A request to DE: Don't release them as a separate Syandana.
Looking at the past, having to pay five bucks to use what was in Nekros' concept art didn't exactly thrill the playerbase.

EDIT: If anything, release them as a Syandana that is automatically obtained upon crafting or buying the Frame. Make us all happy.
They wouldn't be making any money from fresh, new Syandanas, but they wouldn't be losing any money from making players quit or refuse to buy platinum, either. Happy players = steady income.

EDIT2: Reading through the comments, some people seem to be misinterpreting this a bit. I'm not against cosmetics being plat-only; far from it, really. I love scarves and colors and Sentinel wings and all that gameplay-unaltering goodness, and I'd really love this game to have more of them.
It's just that the restraints are currently depicted as being part of the Frame (since no concept art shows otherwise), and therefore free to obtain. This is how everybody felt about Nekros' tassels, and it's why a significant chunk of the community was so angered when it turned out to be the platinum-only Mortos Syandana that wasn't mentioned at all until its actual marketplace release.
As much as I don't want the shackles to be platinum-only, I'd be accepting of that if the shackles were advertised as platinum-exclusive cosmetics prior to their release date, as opposed to something that's displayed as part of the very essence of the Frame (as Nekros' tassels were) before revealing it as pay-to-obtain.

As rCaliberGX put it (page 2):

if excal's horn had to be paid for even if it's seen in every single art piece that features him, i think people would call bs on that.

Edited by SortaRandom

DE's gotta make a livin' too mang

Edit: And especially considering it's something as pointless as a cosmetic thing, I see no reason why they shouldn't do exactly that.

Why not make restraints on every warframe, to make it look like we escaped a jail?

Making cosmetics exclusives to a certain frame is not going to increase sales, but I'd pay 100 plat for some broken chains on Loki's arms and legs, to symbolize my "Break out"

I hate the restraints, why would a frame keep them around.

Maybe to beat up the people that tried to restrain her with the very instruments of her imprisonment?   Though from some games, stories, etc.   Berserkers that wore chained up, would keep their restrains as a badge to show they are unstoppable.

I would love it if they did this, the people who like the restraints could get it if they wish, and people who don't like them, like me, could just not buy them, problem solved.

People shouldn't be forced to pay for something like this. The "Mortos Syandana" surprise was a huge kick in the shin for a lot of us.

If anything, it should be a Syandana that you get automatically from buying or crafting the frame. Satisfy everyone who uses it without disappointing any of the players and making them quit/refuse to buy plat. Honestly, that's what they should have done with Nekros.

Edited by SortaRandom

i didnt like them until i just learned from this thread that they are broken restraints... still i want the optiont o take them off but they are sick if you can use them cosmetically. something that coolshould be fine costing money anyway. if everything we saw in the art came with the frame then wheres my boar.p!? :p

I'll be incredibly disappointed if they are.

The "DE's gotta eat" thing is lame and stupid when used as an argument in defense of doing this. Of course they do, but at the expense of taking a saw to the concept we are introduced to? No. DE does just fine without that, they don't need to chop a bit of the Warframe's aesthetic off to sell it to me separate.

-Welcome to Halo Multiplayer, Spartan!

-If you want your Helmet go online and buy it for the low, low price of $5!!! What a steal!

-Oh, by the way, ignore the fact that in all advertisements and concept art those are depicted as something everyone has! The helmet is totally optional and cosmetic and stuff. You should totally buy it though - I mean you DO want to look like the character we showed you originally right? Because that was cool, yeah? Only $5 extra!

-I mean it is totally NOT like we showed you this complete design that included the helmet and then thought "We could sell that." after the fact or anything. It isn't like we ended up showing you this version of the character that you now consider the 'complete' design, which means you'll need to spend a bit extra to feel like you have the whole thing. Nothing so silly as that! 

-Besides, shame on you for lingering so long on a perfectly aesthetic part of your character. You've got the skills and gameplay isn't that enough? Are you really trying to tell me you're bothered by the fact that now you'll be stuck feeling like your character has a piece cut off when you look at them? My, my, For shame. FOR SHAME.

"Oh I have to pay for these cosmetics? Seriously?" 

Is Warframe the first game you ever play? Are you that surprise that you have to pay for cosmetics? Is not having them greatly affect your game play? If you want them, pay for it.

if excal's horn had to be paid for even if it's seen in every single art piece that features him, i think people would call bs on that.

This is how I feel as well, honestly. About Nekros and probably Zerker.

"Hey you know that unique thing that stands out? You pay for that part separate."