Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Berserker Frame's Broken Restraints (Update: Response To Leaked Screenshots)

shut

I have learnt A LOT from the internet in regards to societies "taste."

You can read Region and get a glimpse.

As a Graphic Design, I would create a piece and show it.  And I would get the weirdest feedback from people who have no Idea about art.  I go back to school and it's the complete opposite opinion.

Anywho, my whole point is.  

Nothing is wrong with her design (IMO)

If you do not like it, please show us better and/or what you would tweak.

Honestly what I'm about to say is rude.

If you can't draw jack #@%@, then you have no opinion.  If you can create the slightest abstract stick figure then show us what you would improve.

Do not show us some random internet pictures of other people's designs that you want to see on the new frame.

Plus DE can do whatever they want to do as far as cosmetics.  If you can't make a dollar (or 5) in this world then you don't deserve to live.

When I was a kid with no job, I bought pokemon cards and resold them for double the price.

Stop being cheap.

My rant is done.  

Like people really wanted a frame that looked like Chyna from WWF.

Honestly what I'm about to say is rude.

If you can't draw jack #@%@, then you have no opinion.  If you can create the slightest abstract stick figure then show us what you would improve.

So if you can't cook, you can't decide what tastes nice?

You can't sow, you can't appreciate clothes that fit?

Holy wow batman!!

I do have an opinion, I quite like the (overall) design but don't like the restraints, is that opinion no longer allowed if I cannot draw?

Opinions, everyone has them, everyone is entitled to them.

Edited by Egg_Chen

I don't have a strong opinion going either direction. I was just yanking your chain, for the most part.

Regardless - back on topic - I still feel like the Community warmed to Nova's appearance rather quickly after release. The same will probably happen with Zerker.

In fact - I hated Nova's appearance when all I had to go by was concept art. I happen to love Zerker so far. 

That might be grim though if the pattern holds true and you end up hating zerker in game :P

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

According to screenshots leaked onto Reddit, Berzerker Frame's restraints are not part of the frame by default.

Wrong - it clearly states in the design council post that it is a WIP and that those aren't modeled yet.  Get your S#&$ straight before spreading BS rumors.

Wrong - it clearly states in the design council post that it is a WIP and that those aren't modeled yet.  Get your S#&$ straight before spreading BS rumors.

Ah, alright. Getting ahead of myself here, it seems.

In my defense, though, I don't really see why they would model the frame and the restraints separately if the restraints are meant to be part of the frame. Was any of this mentioned?

Edited by SortaRandom

I'll be incredibly disappointed if they are.

The "DE's gotta eat" thing is lame and stupid when used as an argument in defense of doing this. Of course they do, but at the expense of taking a saw to the concept we are introduced to? No. DE does just fine without that, they don't need to chop a bit of the Warframe's aesthetic off to sell it to me separate.

-Welcome to Halo Multiplayer, Spartan!

-If you want your Helmet go online and buy it for the low, low price of $5!!! What a steal!

-Oh, by the way, ignore the fact that in all advertisements and concept art those are depicted as something everyone has! The helmet is totally optional and cosmetic and stuff. You should totally buy it though - I mean you DO want to look like the character we showed you originally right? Because that was cool, yeah? Only $5 extra!

-I mean it is totally NOT like we showed you this complete design that included the helmet and then thought "We could sell that." after the fact or anything. It isn't like we ended up showing you this version of the character that you now consider the 'complete' design, which means you'll need to spend a bit extra to feel like you have the whole thing. Nothing so silly as that! 

-Besides, shame on you for lingering so long on a perfectly aesthetic part of your character. You've got the skills and gameplay isn't that enough? Are you really trying to tell me you're bothered by the fact that now you'll be stuck feeling like your character has a piece cut off when you look at them? My, my, For shame. FOR SHAME.

This. 1000% this. I love you for this.

Ah, alright. Getting ahead of myself here, it seems.

In my defense, though, I don't really see why they would model the frame and the restraints separately if the restraints are meant to be part of the frame. Was any of this mentioned?

Not explicitly but I'd wager my bets it's because of dangley bits. 

EDIT: That is not to say they won't sell it separately - we honestly don't know atm if that will or won't happen and they may not of even made the decision internally.  Personally, I say sell the extra cosmetic piece and make the frame obtainable without a gross amount of farming.  Win/Win situation.

Edited by Relkin

If you got to buy the restraint in the first place? Nah, DE wouldn't do something like that.

But if they'd make Berserker so that her broken restraint is swappable with another "planned" item, I'd say awesome!

If it can be completely removed, I'd say awesome!

I would prefer if we could get more footage of this frame.

I think they need a advertisment team.

The way they promote contect is kind of lackluster

They should observe music advertising.......ie Pop Rap 

If Gucci Mane (argh) can put out mixtapes every month with all orginal beats...there should be no problem with someone pumping out good music for this game.....same thing with content.....probably a bad example but still...........release more content to keep people interested......weekend events is not  how you keep people interested (in before farming rant)

edit: REVEAL MORE CONTENT

Call it the "nipple slip" technique

Edited by Ishki88

I would prefer if we could get more footage of this frame.

I think they need a advertisment team.

The way they promote contect is kind of lackluster

They should observe music advertising.......ie Pop Rap 

If Gucci Mane (argh) can put out mixtapes every month with all orginal beats...there should be no problem with someone pumping out good music for this game.....same thing with content.....probably a bad example but still...........release more content to keep people interested......weekend events is not  how you keep people interested (in before farming rant)

edit: REVEAL MORE CONTENT

Call it the "nipple slip" technique

Did you...

Did you just try to compare @(*()$ K-pop to Warframe?

Leave this forum and never return.

Edited by DergyDergon

So if you can't cook, you can't decide what tastes nice?

You can't sow, you can't appreciate clothes that fit?

Holy wow batman!!

I do have an opinion, I quite like the (overall) design but don't like the restraints, is that opinion no longer allowed if I cannot draw?

Opinions, everyone has them, everyone is entitled to them.

Not in business :)

And I'm sure they will choose the better business move.

Would of been a nice argument in regards to your first two statements.

Edited by Ishki88

If you can't draw jack #@%@, then you have no opinion. 

This is the #1 reason why "artists" on DeviantArt and Tumblr suck. Even if someone can't draw, they can see if the perspective, design or coloring suck, or if the anatomy is just plain non-euclidean.

This is the #1 reason why "artists" on DeviantArt and Tumblr suck. Even if someone can't draw, they can see if the perspective, design or coloring suck, or if the anatomy is just plain non-euclidean.

i love causing uprisings....i agree with this statement