Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Berserker Warframe

Noabettiet

So these are some of ideas (kind of like a wish list) in which i kinda feel like sharing..:

So, to my understanding an berserker is kind of a warrior type consumed by rage, in which blows brutal attacks to enemies.

In my vision of skills for this warframe, I'd put an good portion of crowd control abilities for about almost of her abilities, since you could consider the berserker to assist the team by either killing everything or stunning them in place.

But since nobody actuality appreciates a skill steal or anything alike, i'd tune down the damage a bit to be balanced with the damage, unless it is an ultimate. (even so, it shouldn't kill everything easily ?)

The skills

Kick (Aka the lowbie and energy cheap skill : 1st skill)

Kind of an quick and spammable skill, in which sends melee rage ragdoll, with an nice damage.Kind of, an "out of my way" skill.

Had no ideas for quick skills, which would make an nice first skill, but this was the best idea i had. Goes well with the other skills and is cheap and simple. 

Yeah, i understand it is pretty lame, but it is useful ? Read on!

Works while in air and hits enemies which are too small too. (Yes, you have got a chance to kick roller balls and do a goal.)

The ragdoll enemies fly upwards and fall to the ground, this works great with the next skill:

Wrath

Kind of an ability where she would punch the ground so hard that enemies would fly away to different directions away from the berserker, hitting the walls and taking damage. Special touches would be that enemies in which are in ground close / or exactly where she is, would receive and huge smashing damage.

This ability would be GREAT if it could work while moving, in air (rapidly falls down to ground when casting the ability).

Resembles a bit of the radial shockwave in which rhyno used to have, but a bit more extreme in animations.

<Unnamed buff skill here>

Coming with buffs skills weren't really my strongest idea, but i thought about some kind ability where she'd go nuts with her melee speed and run speed.

Death wish

Whereas for 4th skill (death wish), i'd expect some kind of extremely powerful leap attack (much like slash dash but in nuclear powered version where everything dies and walls crumble), in which jumps violently, extremely fast with an huge impact to surroundings, as well a deadly single target damage.

Kind of the kind of skill in which would synergy with other skills, when in a killing spree, jump to another enemy/ enemy crowd and continue the massacre.

Kind of a continue combo of killing, if you guys understand... Really vision of this warframe.

Edited by akkerusia

Actually, they've long decided the first three skills; right now, Scott is asking the Design Council for their input on the last one.

Well, he's decided on her first, ult, and one of the two mid-tier skills.

Personally I'm torn as to whether the last should be a leap attack with a radial shockwave, or a self-healing bloodlust type effect.

Actually, they've long decided the first three skills; right now, Scott is asking the Design Council for their input on the last one.

Actually...

Berserker!

If you have followed any of my workshop posts recently, I have talked about the next Warframe. I wanted to give the Design Council a look at the progress of her abilities. Be warned these are ideas for abilities and nothing is set in stone yet.

Personally I'm torn as to whether the last should be a leap attack with a radial shockwave, or a self-healing bloodlust type effect.

Her ult sounds like the worst idea for a frame ever.

Prepare to die when you fight anything more than 50 enemies because you wont be able to kill them all with melee only.

Actually...

I guess I overlooked that bit.

Scott has time to make up his mind and decide. I guarantee that the next update will be in November, after the next livestream (the first of November) and before the one following. I, for one, don't like the sound of the abilities they have listed for her, or the way she looks, for that matter.

Anyways, akkerusia, I hate to break it to you, but unless you're a member of the Design Council, your opinion isn't highly valued.

Honestly I have no way of knowing what's up with the council, i just give up the ideas whenever i think of them. :/ But what do you guys think? Even if it doesn't come up on it or not...

Btw that Health Vampire/ Bloodlust kind of thing with Leaping, might be a nice idea too. =D I mean, there is already loads "boom -> huge impact" skills in the skill set i suggested... (though it wouldn't be much of a ultimate?)

Edited by akkerusia

Her ult sounds like the worst idea for a frame ever.

Prepare to die when you fight anything more than 50 enemies because you wont be able to kill them all with melee only.

If only there was a frame that could cancel out the negative effect of such a double-edged ability....................................

I've been hoping they bring back Radial Blast for ages.

They said the same thing about "Search the Dead" and went along to give Nekros Desecrate anyway.

Not really... They eventually said that players should try out Search the Dead/Desecrate first, and if it's reception was really as bad as the initial reaction then they'd change it.

If only there was a frame that could cancel out the negative effect of such a double-edged ability....................................

Her 3rd skill is Nekros's Terrify gone remedial. She cannot even buff herself.

She should have the capacity to hold her own, not have some worthless ult that will get her killed 99% of the time.

Her 3rd skill is Nekros's Terrify gone remedial. She cannot even buff herself.

She should have the capacity to hold her own, not have some worthless ult that will get her killed 99% of the time.

It also looks like something that wouldn't fit with her nature too.

Hyperbole.

The only damage delt to her will be damage she would have taken anyway.

The way this ult works is the exact opposite of Nova, who is a caster. (zerker is a non-caster frame)

Last Stand is exactly what the name says it is: It's her last chance to survive a fight, and if she kills everything, she takes 0 damage, if she doesn't she dies just the same as she would have if she hadn't used the ability.

The only buff it needs is an auto-activation when she gets to 1 health, but I can see why Scott wouldn't do that because it's too close to Tryndamere from League of Legends.

Edited by Archistopheles

Hyperbole.

The only damage delt to her will be damage she would have taken anyway.

The way this ult works is the exact opposite of Nova, who is a caster.

Last Stand is exactly what the name says it is: It's her last chance to survive a fight, and if she kills everything, she takes 0 damage, if she doesn't she dies just the same as she would have if she hadn't used the ability.

The only buff it needs is an auto-activation when she gets to 1 health, but I can see why Scott wouldn't do that because it's too close to Tryndamere from League of Legends.

This game has too many enemies for that to be even remotely useful. 

Too many platforms and everything.

It wont work in a game like this. It's a waste of an ult and a waste of time.

If you have 20 seconds to kill 100 enemies you simply wont do it.No amount of skill would allow anyone to do that.

Especially if you are up against who knows how many heavies that you have to tear the shield off of and then finally kill them.

It's just a bad idea. An idea that would never work in Warframe.

Edited by Anarties

This game has too many enemies for that to be even remotely useful. 

Too many platforms and everything.

It wont work in a game like this. It's a waste of an ult and a waste of time.

If you have 20 seconds to kill 100 enemies you simply wont do it.No amount of skill would allow anyone to do that.

Especially if you are up against who knows how many heavies that you have to tear the shield off of and then finally kill them.

It's just a bad idea. An idea that would never work in Warframe.

I am integrated with how it will determinate who has to die in order for the berserker to not take damage. Is it a rage thing? Where they get tagged?

No no no. You're misunderstanding what the ability does.

Last Stand:

Berserker goes melee only, all melee damage is increased by X%. Berserker is invulnerable during Last Stand. Last Stand lasts for X secs.  All damage done to Berserker is stored, when Last stand runs out all stored damage is dealt to the berserker unless berserker has killed all enemies around her when last stand started.

It's the damage Berserker takes, not the damage she dishes out.

When this ability is active, she is still vulnerable to damage *unless* she kills everything. Yes, but if she doesn't take enough damage to die, she won't automatically die when the effect ends!

Edited by Archistopheles

Last Stand:

Berserker goes melee only, all melee damage is increased by X%. Berserker is invulnerable during Last Stand. Last Stand lasts for X secs.  All damage done to Berserker is stored, when Last stand runs out all stored damage is dealt to the berserker unless berserker has killed all enemies around her when last stand started.

When this ability is active, she is still vulnerable to damage *unless* she kills everything. Yes, but if she doesn't take enough damage to die, she won't automatically die when the effect ends!

You might lose sight of how much damage you took.

Last Stand:

Yeah because your logic is only effective on enemies under level 30.

Try using this skill on level 100+ enemies and it becomes a suicide button.

I'm not misunderstanding what the skill does. I know exactly what the skill does and it's a waste of time and space on as an ult.

It's not going to be good.

Have fun trying to kill 5 level 100+ Ancients as well as enemies floors above you shooting you and just die because your "storing" the damage and cannot reach some enemies in time and just die to to the skill being poorly thought out and poorly made.

This skill is going to be a bust I know it.

Trust me.

You might lose sight of how much damage you took.

Heaven forbid this game should require even the least bit of perception.

Yeah because your logic is only effective on enemies under level 30.

Try using this skill on level 100+ enemies and it becomes a suicide button.

I'm not misunderstanding what the skill does. I know exactly what the skill does and it's a waste of time and space on as an ult.

It's not going to be good.

Have fun trying to kill 5 level 100+ Ancients as well as enemies floors above you shooting you and just die because your "storing" the damage and cannot reach some enemies in time and just die to to the skill being poorly thought out and poorly made.

This skill is going to be a bust I know it.

Trust me.

You lack imagination, here's one example, and I've got many more:

Scott could add a 20 meter radius with zero vertical travel, and you'll have to eat your words.

Trust me.

Edited by Archistopheles

Heaven forbid this game should require even the least bit of perception.

You lack imagination, here's one example, and I've got many more:

Scott could add a 20 meter radius with zero vertical travel, and you'll have to eat your words.

Trust me.

Scott could leave it alone and make travel in all directions.

Even then you have nothing to say about there being 100 enemies. 

This game has too many enemies to make this skill any good. Especially being limited to melee only?

It's asking to just kill yourself.

This ult is just a ridiculous idea.

Edited by Anarties

Scott could leave it alone and make travel in all directions.

Even then you have nothing to say about there being 100 enemies. 

This game has too many enemies to make this skill any good. Especially being limited to melee only?

It's asking to just kill yourself.

This ult is just a ridiculous idea.

Only if you take enough damage, and you don't have a Trinity.

She will have a gap closer, too. You can count on that.

Only if you take enough damage, and you don't have a Trinity.

She will have a gap closer, too. You can count on that.

Because Aimbot is really going to be easily dodged right?

Because Trinity is the most common frame in the game right?

If they allow unlimited use of energy/gap closing skill then that will make me feel a little better about it.

I don't want her to use her Ult without any means of being able to not kill every enemy you know?

It seems like too much to ask with a game that likes to ultra-spawn enemies the way Warframe does.

Edited by Anarties