Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Minor Tweak To Noxious Crawlers

ZachC

It is annoying to be fighting Infested close up with your melee weapon, as the damage multipliers encourage, when a attack happens to cleave into a noxious crawler that was not noticed, and a lot of health is suddenly gone to a poison cloud. With the general feel of permanency that comes with HP damage, and the two sources of shield ignoring damage showing up fairly often, this can be quite annoying, at least in high level games. How about we change the noxious crawlers to not explode into a poison cloud on death if they are killed by serrated blade, physics impact, or blade damage, in the same way that the Runners work?

As someone who mainly uses melee, I'd appreciate the buff but I feel that it is unnecessary. With a reach mod equipped (I suggest it for most any weapon) you can fairly easily stay outside of the poison cloud's range. What I would like to see though is a change back to the old model they had that looked like a toxic ancient in crawler form, or something so that we as players can easily visually distinguish between normal crawlers and noxious crawlers. Currently there is a minor difference, but it is not very apparent most of the time. As it stands right now if I see a crawler I have to keep an eye on it (distracting me from the rest of combat) to see if I notice the faint gas cloud they currently have. If it has been a few seconds and I haven't seen it, I'll actively aim towards it so I can read the name that appears so I can know if I need to be careful or not.

TL;DR: Just changing the model for noxious crawlers to be distinctly different from normal crawlers should suffice.

Edited by AluvianSprinter