Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag confirmed to get a Magnetize buff

4 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Obligatory Cynical question : Is this a PR move to regain player confidence after The Helminth nerf?

I don’t play mag that much, but hey more power to mag users.

Obligatory Cynical response:

Of course it is. DE is a letter short of EA.

Its not like they said after the Tennocon 2019 that this would be a freature when they added New Player Experience.

No. They didnt. Those were montages and voice recording of fragmented words put togheter.

28 minutes ago, Raqiya said:

Another tear slowly rolls down Nyx's cheek. 

On the up side she's fast approaching rework territory.

Or the down side if you're a pessimist and expect her to get even more messed up from it.

Either way yay for Mag.

1 hour ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Magnetize can now be localized on mag!

Everyone remember how two Tennocons ago we saw mag do a Neo bullet return move, and DE said that would be added as an augment? Looks like they did even better and just made it part of the core ability. 

According to Reb, it stops projectiles, but not melee or AoE damage. It also seems to deal damage in a cone like a shotgun. Looks really gun to be honest and a nice buff to mags survivability

Oh wow, so if Nyx’s 4 WITH an augment doesn’t at least become as good magnetize, haha I’m just joking it’s nyx.

Nyx is WF’s Meg

latest?cb=20131023010629

1 hour ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

This is probably going to cause an issue for several players.  So many of the abilities in this game have the "tap for one thing, hold to switch or do it the other way" and many of them are inconsistent with each other.  Because of the frames I play, I use the option to switch which is which, which makes several lesser used frames feel off.  This tap/hold being added to Mag is probably going to make her super clunky for me to use now because I'm probably going to end up needing to hold just to use normal Magnetize.

They really need to let us pick individually for each ability what we want tap to do and hold to do.  It gets a little clunkier with each new ability with this that they add.

Did you read the part where it says “ tap for normal magnatize”?

8 minutes ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

she's still vulnerable to hooks,

Wait... Hang on... the Hooks are classified as Projectiles... Won't Magnetized Negate the effect ? 

Anyway for those who don't know already. Maggy can avoid taking Damage from almost all projectiles by simply Hopping into her own bubble... the Trick is to avoid standing exactly in the Center.

I'm assuming DE noticed this behaviour and just decided to stream line the ability so to make it easier for her to be in her own Bubble.

Long Story Short.... Pull is still dissapointing. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

head hype GIF

Yass!

Now we wait for Volt to nearly stop time (teammates included for added trolling) like he does in the trailer, because of how fast he is.

And Excal's shockwave from Radial Javelin. Seriously on this one.

The slow down effect is just to show how fast a speedster moves in comparison with others. 

For example:

and 

Around 2 minute mark 

Nice I don't see many mags out there and this buff makes sense to help with new player retention if they chose Mag. 

I take her out for a spin sometimes but haven't quite got the hang of her and find myself always on the edge of being insta-killed. I'm just too impatient to put in the effort. I know one streamer that uses her a lot.

Great for Hijack missions.

12 minutes ago, DogsConkers said:

I take her out for a spin sometimes but haven't quite got the hang of her and find myself always on the edge of being insta-killed. I'm just too impatient to put in the effort. 

I always feel that way when playing Mag Solo, atleast at high levels. Even with Shield Gating which makes her easier to play, i still think of her as a Glass Cannon. Wreck the enemies in Secs but the Player gets murdered if they make mistakes.

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

This is cool, but at the same time, a little sad. It took from TennoCon 2019 to now to release this, and it just looks like a copy-pasted Nyx ability. 😞 

I mean... what did you expect?

It was a take bullets and reflect ability there as well.

3 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I mean... what did you expect?

It was a take bullets and reflect ability there as well.

The trailer version while performing similar to Nyx doesn't visually copy it.

The Tweeted clip is literally just Absorb with a Line of Sight nerf and no invulnerability. It's a copy paste of Nyx and sad to have taken a year when it doesn't even look original.

Just now, Voltage said:

The trailer version while performing similar to Nyx doesn't visually copy it. The tweet is literally just Absorb with a Line of Sight nerf and no invulnerability.

The changes can be pretty easily explained. The initial sphere (a one-handed grab about the size of Mag's head) would be borderline useless at actually catching bullets if it was at the trailer size (and we still need to know its actual range, especially if other player's bullets are affected by it), and the full 'grid pattern' animation would be slow and not really noticeable without the close-up, so they streamlined it.

Simply put - it looks and behaves similarly to Absorb because they share similar practical requirements.

Archived