Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag confirmed to get a Magnetize buff

Just now, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Pointless considering how op the base effect is.

Unless this is somehow even more OP and the ability gets a blanket nerf as i have been expecting since people start demanding for this stupid change...

Which if happens i swear i will necro this thread, quoting this post.

Not sure if I'm correct understanding what I've bolded, but if you mean Mag's new functionality, then you can't be upset with players. DE decided on adding it to the game based off of the trailer they showed off at TennoCon 2019 and told everyone it would come to the game eventually. 

This is nice ,

Only concerned with the whole "hold" condition ,

any hold ability is for all intents a static position ability cause of practical reasons (if only i had more fingers on my hands i could do more)

and this seems in effect Assimilate,

So i am wondering if its hold to activate and press again to shoot back ? or hold to activate and release to shoot back?

this is still very welcome.

1 hour ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Not sure if I'm correct understanding what I've bolded, but if you mean Mag's new functionality, then you can't be upset with players. DE decided on adding it to the game based off of the trailer they showed off at TennoCon 2019 and told everyone it would come to the game eventually. 

I guessing he means DE will realise that magnetize, as a whole not just the new function, needs a nerf. Im torn. On one hand I doubt it, not because magnetize won't need a nerf, but DE mostly has ignored Mag in the past, It's possible though since she'll draw some attention with this change and DE might figure out it's.... a tad strong already. and then smash the #*!% out of it with a hammer.

1 minute ago, Skoomaseller said:

im hoping soul punch gets reworked to sound as awesome as its description says

I expect to be disappointed based on all of the abilities that we all know need work, but at least some of them might get the help they need. Magnetize (and Mag in general) wasn't actually one that needed help though so that was a freebee.

We'll be finding out any moment now at least.

19 hours ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Magnetize can now be localized on mag!

Everyone remember how two Tennocons ago we saw mag do a Neo bullet return move, and DE said that would be added as an augment? Looks like they did even better and just made it part of the core ability. 

According to Reb, it stops projectiles, but not melee or AoE damage. It also seems to deal damage in a cone like a shotgun. Looks really gun to be honest and a nice buff to mags survivability

So that just shows that augments are dumb a lot of them could be worked into the core ability. Like being able to dispel iron skin.

11 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

This is nice ,

Only concerned with the whole "hold" condition ,

any hold ability is for all intents a static position ability cause of practical reasons (if only i had more fingers on my hands i could do more)

and this seems in effect Assimilate,

So i am wondering if its hold to activate and press again to shoot back ? or hold to activate and release to shoot back?

this is still very welcome.

I really don't think this will overlap with Nyx at all, especially if it has a set absorption and release time (instead of just constantly draining your Energy).

Yet if people are worried an ability similar in concept to another could easily delete it, maybe that's an indication that said ability isn't all that good in the first place.

11 hours ago, Ghogiel said:

I guessing he means DE will realise that magnetize, as a whole not just the new function, needs a nerf.

So do a crapton of other abilities that are even more powerful than Magnetize and way less finnicky to use. If they nerf Magnetize before they nerf Saryn or Khora, then their priorities are massively out of wack. 

People are excited about this? Why would you use this ability this way when it does so much more damage as an instant cast? Not to count good luck running for bullet jumping while using it. I guess it is going to be pretty for low levels.

GOOD JOB DE, added functionality is something you've been slow to address.

What this does is add more gameplay to everything mag interacts with, effectively thickening the enjoyment!

Still she needs control of polarity to effectively double the enjoyment of her kit....repeat this process across the board and you'll become more powerful than you could ever imagine!!?

Archived