Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Camera position customization per frame

Velitria

Wouldn't it be nice to set a camera position per frame for the benefit of a better play style and also the ability to create greater freedom with frame sizes, offsets, customization, and tennogen items?

That would be Fantastic! The main issue with most decisions relating to many various things always falls within the issue of "well is it in the way of the camera/viewpoint?" or "is this going to flash too bright if the viewpoint is here?". I'm tired of only being able to put my viewpoint to the left or right of a frame at a specific angle and position. This would be truly amazing and I can't see anyone disliking the option. This would also open up the possibility of near first person or overhead perspective, and in general, would be helpful to provide variety and enjoyment of the game more.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-09-13 at 7:27 PM, (XB1)Mentor0fHeroes said:

I’ve never really had this issue, I thought DE already made each frame have it’s own camera position to prevent the screen from getting blocked too much. If this is an issue It’s one I never really noticed or heard of.

It isn't a little issue, it's a problem, people want to be able to customize the camera details per frame anyways (including the devs without realizing it), it just so happens that DE complains about things like "oh well atlas' right shoulder used to match the left with the spike but that blocked the camera so it just has it on the left" except you can press H and then view the left side and making the artists and/or model designers sound like they don't play their game enough. What they said is now just showing that majority of players play from the right side viewpoint (as that is the default) and players that play on the left can't use the skin because it blocks their screen. 

DE has complained about camera location issues forever in relation to reasoning why certain cosmetics can't exist instead of fixing the problem.

Ever wonder why there are so many "left" shoulder armor cosmetics and no matching right ones? People have complained about this several times. They don't realize that DE only added one side because the other side would block the viewpoint. NOBODY cares if it blocks the viewpoint if they care about symmetry and fashion. Allowing customized camera locations only allows DE more freedom of cosmetic options for us to buy. They've been too caught up in other things to notice the major benefit this would have to the game from a quality perspective.

39 minutes ago, Velitria said:

It isn't a little issue, it's a problem, people want to be able to customize the camera details per frame anyways (including the devs without realizing it), it just so happens that DE complains about things like "oh well atlas' right shoulder used to match the left with the spike but that blocked the camera so it just has it on the left" except you can press H and then view the left side and making the artists and/or model designers sound like they don't play their game enough. What they said is now just showing that majority of players play from the right side viewpoint (as that is the default) and players that play on the left can't use the skin because it blocks their screen. 

DE has complained about camera location issues forever in relation to reasoning why certain cosmetics can't exist instead of fixing the problem.

Ever wonder why there are so many "left" shoulder armor cosmetics and no matching right ones? People have complained about this several times. They don't realize that DE only added one side because the other side would block the viewpoint. NOBODY cares if it blocks the viewpoint if they care about symmetry and fashion. Allowing customized camera locations only allows DE more freedom of cosmetic options for us to buy. They've been too caught up in other things to notice the major benefit this would have to the game from a quality perspective.

You're speaking a lot for other people. Also the one shoulder thing is just asymmetry cosmetics. There are shoulder armor that are high up on both sides.

On 2020-09-17 at 12:56 AM, SpicyDinosaur said:

You're speaking a lot for other people. Also the one shoulder thing is just asymmetry cosmetics. There are shoulder armor that are high up on both sides.

I am, and continuing the topic, I also mentioned DE's reasons. Unless you are claiming they are lying, as I will show you why they aren't, this is something that would benefit everyone.

2020.09.25-11.47.png

Here is an example of why this cosmetic doesn't have a duplicate on the right side. I switched camera positions to the left side and... oh wow it's in the way of my aiming dot. 

If only I could have a matching cosmetic for the right side for fashion glory, but I can't change my camera viewpoint and target, how sad.

Something from another post I made:

Being myself a dev to know this, you create a UI subsection button in appearance called "Viewpoint/Camera" that engages a 3d interface which shows the frame in an open area with an overhead perspective. Pressing the H key instead of switching sides would cycle between 3 Saved Viewpoints with the ability to purchase more config slots. On the left of the screen there will be 4 buttons and a Slider: Default/Reset, Target Point, Viewpoint, Distance is the slider, and Save/Exit would be the bottom button. Clicking on Default resets everything. Clicking on Target Point puts in to View perspective and moving the mouse will cause the target aim dot to be able to look in any direction without the frame turning and left clicking again will lock the crosshairs there and bring back to main view. Clicking on Viewpoint will open a Sphere around the frame where the Viewpoint would reside, based on the Distance slider which can be modified at the same time. One can click anywhere in the Sphere with a mini sub-window on the side showing what the perspective view would be as the viewpoint is drag clicked around the sphere. After setting a Viewpoint and then a Target point to satisfaction, hitting exit would bring back to appearance in the arsenal. Easy, but is it worth the time to do this? We will see if they agree, but I am saying that it is quite easy and there is no real reason not to, as the camera zooms in when up against walls to prevent seeing outside the map anyways. People obtaining undesirable camera perspectives would be their own faults. This system would also allow for easy capability to save viewpoint angles to switch between, such as looking behind you quickly, hotkeys for cycling could also be an option with a lot of config slots or even a hotkey for each one with the use of alt + numpad for instance, and there is no real downside to this. Allowing a config to be transported to other frames would also be nice as well.

Archived