Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

“Forrest Gump” Warframe

Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3

I honestly can’t wait for the Heart of Deimos, but I had an idea for a different kind of Warframe. This one is different because it’s not about being smart, quite the opposite. It’s partly inspired by Forrest Gump and his immortal words, “Stupid is as stupid does.”

This video by Be Amazed helps separate the true dumb people from those who are only temporarily dumb:

I’ve managed to come up with both a Lotus intro and a Ballas-narrated trailer, but I’ll leave the rest to you.

Lotus:

This is (name). The Idiot. The Fool.

If stupid is as stupid does, the enemy doesn’t know it. Show them the error of that thinking, Tenno.

Ballas:

”Why did I think this was a good idea? Mirage was the one who played the fool, but you, you are a true and complete fool!

You willingly drank a glass of Saryn’s poison, convinced it was an immortality elixir. You ate a capsule of laundry detergent, convinced it was candy.

You even infected yourself with the infestation, thinking it would make you an Executor!

But I can’t overlook your effectiveness in combat. There are times when a plan must be so crazy, convoluted, and, above all, dumb enough, that it works beyond all expectations.

How else were your “daring” raids into Tau working so flawlessly? You were right when we first met, stupid IS as stupid does, because it was the last thing Hunhow expected.

So dumb, yet so brilliant. 

(Name).

I could see this working more as the "drunken master" archetype, with the first three abilities being clumsy accidents having powerful effects but always some kind of downside like self-knockdown or stagger or self-inflicted status procs, but then the ultimate is a sudden burst of competence lets you interrupt out of these with an effect that gets more powerful the more status effects you suffer from. Might end up working a bit like Heimerdinger from LoL where he doesn't really have an ult so much as three abilities each with an "empowered" version.

Archived