Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

best subsume for banshee ?

_Anise_

Noone should ever ask or answer this type of question.   Answering these types of questions has already led to the system being nerfed before it was even released.    Do your own thing and keep it to yourself so no one thing gets overly popular and then destroyed.

Let's proceed by elimination:

- Banshe has a strong CC kit, so taking a CC ability seems redundant

- Sonar makes it so it is enough to kill anything but you'll also need it to kill anything. She really doesn't need any additionnal damage increase

- She uses at least positive range, so no null star and she doesn't have natural damage reduction nor impressive hp/armor. I'd go for shield tanking anyway, and in those situations it is shield gating tanking or sloting 2 defensive arcanes, adaptation etc anyway

You can consider:

- Things that generate AoE from single target(wisp ability or deathmark)

- Larva to pack things

- Infested mobility for missions where speed matters but banshee isn't that stellar in that

- If you play a generic EHP build, wich is weaker than abusing shield gating but more relaxed, I'd recommend roar or warcry, using either a zaw nikana/daikyu combo and at least an armor arcane maxed(can be ultimatum but it is a pain to refresh) or guardian + grace

If you can swap out ultimates, I bet it is the way to go, if you can't it's a big shame but I'd remove her 1.

She has a big (team) damage buff apparently useless because:

1)Normal enemies die even without buffs.

2)THe buff it's not easy to hit.

Do do you wanna play with Banshee? Put roar even on banshee instead of her 2 at least you can hear "Roar" playing her.

22 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I'd replace 1st ability with something to survive easier I guess, definitely don't need more damage. Though shield gating kinda fixes that anyway.

shield gate is why I thought pillage might be a good option and build for shields

15 minutes ago, schilds said:

I use her 1 for the armour strip on particularly tough individual targets (disruption demos, mainly) but it might be nice to have Pillage for aoe armour stripping + restoring shields.

in that case would you replace her 1 even considering what little use quake gets?

8 minutes ago, Galuf said:

I'd putt my money on things like death mar

I did consider that one, mark, silence, execute and everything in the room takes a million damage at least that is the dream

3 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

shield gate is why I thought pillage might be a good option and build for shields

No because base shields, armour etc aren't high enough to gain a big benefit. Shield gating on banshee means take cover if you get hit, higher shield values aren't going to change that.

1 minute ago, Hokibukisa said:

If you're concerned with defense, really nothing is going to come close to Resonator.

I don't have a damage or energy issue so I'll probably use larva for grouping

Could be quite nice for sonar spots. I would've loved to put shooting gallery on banshee though 😞

il y a 13 minutes, bibmobello a dit :

2)THe buff it's not easy to hit.

It is one of the rares spells in the game that stacks with itself infinitely. If you cast it consistently(to retrigger brief respite) and considering it is recasted on kill with augment, it litterally paint everything. In situations where you are facing high density, you are quickly hitting consistently at least 2 weak spots at once whacking randomly with a dagger. It gives often more on average than 1 weak spot hit per enemy per cast.

4 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

No because base shields, armour etc aren't high enough to gain a big benefit. Shield gating on banshee means take cover if you get hit, higher shield values aren't going to change that.

Taking cover? Wow practically like in a real game. i will play with banshee from now!

Just now, Galuf said:

It is one of the rares spells in the game that stacks with itself infinitely. If you cast it consistently(to retrigger brief respite) and considering it is recasted on kill with augment, it litterally paint everything. In situations where you are facing high density, you are quickly hitting consistently at least 2 weak spots at once whacking randomly with a dagger. It is actually so reliable, that in some missions a cast ends up having the effect of 2 or 3 casts on average.

Does it works on demolists, profit taker, Eidolons?

1 minute ago, Galuf said:

It is one of the rares spells in the game that stacks with itself infinitely. If you cast it consistently(to retrigger brief respite) and considering it is recasted on kill with augment, it litterally paint everything. In situations where you are facing high density, you are quickly hitting consistently at least 2 weak spots at once whacking randomly with a dagger. It is actually so reliable, that in some missions a cast ends up having the effect of 2 or 3 casts on average.

It does so much damage you can kill sortie level enemies by bullet jumping next to them and having the tiny explosion it causes kill them lol.

il y a 4 minutes, -CdG-Zilchy a dit :

It does so much damage you can kill sortie level enemies by bullet jumping next to them and having the tiny explosion it causes kill them lol.

Man, I never though about that, you're awesome!

4 minutes ago, Hokibukisa said:

If you're concerned with defense, really nothing is going to come close to Resonator.

I don't have a damage or energy issue so I'll probably use larva for grouping

Resonator is highly underrated. Almost everyone I talk to in game about it thinks I'm crazy. It pretty much turns you into an invis frame

43 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

in that case would you replace her 1 even considering what little use quake gets?

No, I'd still replace quake. You need to build 400% (I think) power strength for 100% armour strip on Pillage. However, even at (say) 60% to 80% armour strip, it's still good for softening up a mass of enemies (and you can stack it over multiple casts). On the other hand her 1 with augment is 100% armour strip + stun on a few (or an individual) targets. I think the use cases are sufficiently different (and Pillage also restores shields) that I'd use both.

Also, I don't use quake *at all* on her, it's not just a *little*:-P. It's by far her most boring ability (and was even back when it was powerful).

I guess it might be interesting to see if there is a quake build that replaces her 1 with another static skill (cloak arrow, dispensary maybe, not sure), but that's not really a playstyle I'd find fun.

9 minutes ago, Galuf said:

I don't know but disruption doesn't seem the place to be for her 😞

Eh, she's pretty good for disruption. Afaik her 2 does work on demos, but it's not necessary, I use her 1 (for armour strip, push, and stun).

il y a 1 minute, Berzerkules a dit :

Resonator is highly underrated. Almost everyone I talk to in game about it thinks I'm crazy. It pretty much turns you into an invis frame

It is good only if you camp in a corner. The thing has a low initial radius and is slower than a player on movement. It is powerfull if you camp in a corner and it doesn't at all with banshee if you play her properly, it is utterly redundant with silence and she has already an ability to swap. Very very bad choice on her. Maybe try resonnator on a rhino iron skin build instead.

Archived