Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

best subsume for banshee ?

_Anise_

3 minutes ago, schilds said:

Eh, she's pretty good for disruption. Afaik her 2 does work on demos, but it's not necessary, I use her 1 (both armour strip, push, and stun).

Not recommended, Banshee's sonar can put the Moa demolyst in a glitch state where it stays at the conduit AFTER blowing up and automatically blows up the next round but stays alive till you leave...

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Not recommended, Banshee's sonar can put the demolyst in a glitch state where it stays at the conduit AFTER blowing up and automatically blows up the next round but stays alive till you leave...

Never happened to me but good to know :D.

28 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

She has a big (team) damage buff apparently useless because:

1)Normal enemies die even without buffs.

2)THe buff it's not easy to hit.

Do do you wanna play with Banshee? Put roar even on banshee instead of her 2 at least you can hear "Roar" playing her.

What's the max dmg buff on a 333 pwr str Rhino? About 300% extra damage or more? Cos Banshees sonar starts at 1600% extra dmg and it stacks indefinitely. It is by FAR the most powerful buff in the game.

I'm not sure if banshee's sonic fracture removes armor from demolishers. It certainly doesn't knock them over or back.

Sonar is easy to hit, you want your energy color to stand out, and then with Resonance detonations going off like crazy, it can turn them into one big headshot magnet.

That being said, Banshee with Roar would be quite good too. DE may not consider Sonar to be a damage buffing ability, in which case, holy crap Banshee could be the highest damage frame in the game able to strip armor, paint them up with sonar, and roar on top of all of that...

I'm very excited now.

18 minutes ago, Hokibukisa said:

I'm not sure if banshee's sonic fracture removes armor from demolishers. It certainly doesn't knock them over or back.

I've taken Banshee into disruptions quite a bit, and it's my experience that it does both (strip armour and push them back). It's possible there were one or two it didn't work on (like the kuva guardian one) and I wasn't paying attention :-P.

[edit]

So I just tested whether her 1 with augment will strip armour and push demos back (because you never know when something will change with this game :-P) and recorded a video in an actual mission (because you never know if simulacrum goes by special rules or not :-P). It does push them back and strip their armour (I guess the stun was me mixing it up with the effect of magus lockdown which they're usually under when I get to them :-P). I only tested it on one demo tho, so it's entirely possible there are others it doesn't work on. I can post the video if you want.

26 minutes ago, Galuf said:

I don't know but disruption doesn't seem the place to be for her 😞

Sonar will stick around on Demolysts for a short while before they cast another radial ability dispel. I usually just savage silence finisher when able. Few of them can’t be finishered though, and that’s even after opening them up permanently to finishers with a Naramon dash.

1 hour ago, Berzerkules said:

Just slap that Breach Surge band aid on any frame and you're good to go. 

Actually i am going to second this.

Speaking from lots of fun i have had with her, her best setup is making full use of sonar, and a sonar max range build could make stupidly good use of breechsurges aoe cc and its damage projectiles.

Its honestly her best choice. Replace her 1 or 3, i suggest replacing her 1.

Easy. Dispenser (Protea) replaces Sonic Boom (1).

I use a max efficiency max range Banshee for sortie interception, freezing the entire battlefield using constant knockdowns so the enemy can never retake a point.

It's boring just spamming 4, but i don't like interceptions so i just want it to be over as soon as possible.

The only "problem" is that I have to use an energy pizzas or two.

Now i can save on the energy pizzas. 😈

11 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Also you can just use an AoE weapon to hit multiple sonar spots, *looks at Brama and Fulmin*

Twin Khomak. Shotguns in general are stupidly good with sonar, but these are my go to with banshee and harrow.

Also any explosive weapon like bramma and grattler against sonared enemies.

Just now, Galuf said:

It is good only if you camp in a corner. The thing has a low initial radius and is slower than a player on movement. It is powerfull if you camp in a corner and it doesn't at all with banshee if you play her properly, it is utterly redundant with silence and she has already an ability to swap. Very very bad choice on her. Maybe try resonnator on a rhino iron skin build instead.

Is there really a "proper" way to play Banshee or any other frame for that matter? I think the the meta builds on frames are pretty much getting thrown out the window with this update. 

You could keep building her with slightly -range to stun enemies as they enter melee range or now you can build her with high range and have any enemy that comes onto your screen completely ignore you and chase a rolling ball instead. 

It really doesn't matter though. We are going to have the ability to customize our frames to fit our play style. If you don't see the usefulness of Resonator or it doesn't fit your vision of a proper Banshee build that's fine. That's what makes this update so great, we can all look at frames and abilities in a new way and look for synergies that were previously impossible. 

il y a 9 minutes, Berzerkules a dit :

Is there really a "proper" way to play Banshee or any other frame for that matter? I think the the meta builds on frames are pretty much getting thrown out the window with this update. 

You could keep building her with slightly -range to stun enemies as they enter melee range or now you can build her with high range and have any enemy that comes onto your screen completely ignore you and chase a rolling ball instead. 

It really doesn't matter though. We are going to have the ability to customize our frames to fit our play style. If you don't see the usefulness of Resonator or it doesn't fit your vision of a proper Banshee build that's fine. That's what makes this update so great, we can all look at frames and abilities in a new way and look for synergies that were previously impossible. 

It is 15m base range and it rolls everywhere. I mean, it is not rocket science if the ball go left and things spawn right the CC will not come as fast, silence has more range and is centered on you. Now about meta, there will still be a meta be sure of it, and taking redundant skills will not get you anywhere. In the other hand resonator is powerfull enough to make any player survive if built accordingly and enough self aware, in this game there is a vast difference between functionnal and beeing good.

Also resonnator as a peremption date, at some points you'll have to recast it under your feet with its 6m base radius and things hitting you back from everywhere. It's an Octavia ability, powerfull but clunky as #*!% :).

25 minutes ago, Galuf said:

It is 15m base range and it rolls everywhere. I mean, it is not rocket science if the ball go left and things spawn right the CC will not come as fast, silence has more range and is centered on you. Now about meta, there will still be a meta be sure of it, and taking redundant skills will not get you anywhere. In the other hand resonator is powerfull enough to make any player survive if built accordingly and enough self aware, in this game there is a vast difference between functionnal and beeing good.

Also resonnator as a peremption date, at some points you'll have to recast it under your feet with its 6m base radius and things hitting you back from everywhere. It's an Octavia ability, powerfull but clunky as #*!% :).

If you run the basic -range Banshee to stagger enemies as they enter melee range Resonator will be trash. If you build range for resonator it could be great. Enemies would not aggro you and the usefulness of silence has just been greatly reduced. You're now free to spam your 2 and attack enemies. Or do what ever you want, because enemies no longer pay attention to you. Resonator is a recastable ability (unless you use the augment) so you can have zero downtime. It is also cast where you are aiming you don't have to cast it at your feet. 

Like I already said, you don't have to see the usefulness of taking the aggro off your entire squad. You can build Banshee however you want and I can do the same. We don't have to agree and that's a good thing. We all have the freedom to alter our frames to fit our individual play style. 

Have fun with the new update. I know I will. 

2 hours ago, Hokibukisa said:

Do you recall which ones the knock back doesn't work on?  I haven't encountered any yet it doesn't work with, except when I cast SB at the same time as the demo nullifies.

Sonic Fracture works on them too, so far as I know.  If there are exceptions, I'd be inclined to bug report them.

As far as subsumes go, the only thing I'm sure of is that I'll put Dispensary on my specialized Quake build, probably in place of Silence. 

For the builds I actually use a lot, I'll replace Quake.  I'm pretty excited to try Lull, Elemental Ward, Molt, Air Burst, War Cry, and yes, Pull.  There are some even better choices, but they're just so anti-thematic I'm not that interested. (For now.)

I have a feeling I'm going to end up using Infested Mobility and Marked for Death more than anything though.

So far it is a tie between Condemn, Pillage & that infested shield restore ability to reset shield gate.

Sound Quake is the skill I will replace.

EDIT: Oh, and I will test Tesla with the Augments as well as "Marked for Death". If MfD will transfer finisher damage in a decent AoE, Banshee could abuse Savage Silence to finisher-bomb rooms of enemies.

7 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

What's the max dmg buff on a 333 pwr str Rhino? About 300% extra damage or more? Cos Banshees sonar starts at 1600% extra dmg and it stacks indefinitely. It is by FAR the most powerful buff in the game.

Do you know what's ivara Max  buff with 320 strength? 16X navigator, + 320% crit damage on the wire with  empowered quiver, +50% flat crit chance with piercing navigator, +128% headshot bonus and stealth stealth multiplier but it's totally useless because (almost)everything  dies much earlier. With the only difference i can stay perma invisible with 220+(+other 80% from external buff) strength ivara, with banshee i can't.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)x ARTaco x said:

try that solo with mr5 eqp (mods, weapons, everything) you'll die af ton i think. especially facing hi lvl greenear

You die specially fighting corpus because they are the only faction able to nullify abilities and nullifiers can hit you from kms away but clearly everyone, including streamers plays only against  grineers and infested. And it's fkn funny to speak about The strongest damage multipliers when in the previous post we were speaking about this game being stupidly broken and easy.

I play banshee with lots of duration range and strength so I'd like an ability that has some cc or slows down enemies like war cry or shooting gallery. I don't mind that de nerfed war cry's melee attack speed since I hardly use melee with banshee. but I know its powerful when I do. Whats funny is that I'd be using war cry for its ability to slow enemies not its buffs.

9 hours ago, bibmobello said:

Do you know what's ivara Max  buff with 320 strength? 16X navigator, + 320% crit damage on the wire with  empowered quiver, +50% flat crit chance with piercing navigator, +128% headshot bonus and stealth stealth multiplier but it's totally useless because (almost)everything  dies much earlier. With the only difference i can stay perma invisible with 220+(+other 80% from external buff) strength ivara, with banshee i can't.

I can hit the max damage cap of 2.17 billion with ease using Banshee. I can't with Ivara. The reason being sonar's stack. So that's 1600% dmg bonus plus another and another and another and another... etc.

Archived