Jump to content

Returning player from 2017, what changed?


Recommended Posts

 

It's been a while since I last played Warframe and the moment I logged back in, I noticed a lot of changes from 2017.

Is there anyone who's stayed with the game since then who can help me get back into the game?

Appreciate any answers or even angry comments telling me to go look at some other videos as well haha.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So you stopped when i started..

 

Ok apart from a metric ton of frames we have

2 new open worlds with the third to be release in less than a day.

Raids are gone, arcanes moved to new open world raid bosses called eidolons. Then were breifly avilable for purchase during an event using event points (scarlet spear)

We have railjack, a new mission type revolving around operating what feels like a small frigate in open space.

You can build weapons, melee and ranges. These are called Zaws and Kitguns respectively.

 

MASSIVE REWORK TO ALL MELEE SYSTEMS. In addition all weapons in general were rebalanced.. there is basically no bad primes now. Even reaper prime is a goto meta murder toy of choice now.

Excalibur umbra, which is basically excal prime for everyone which is earned via a pretty fun cinematic quest. This quest also gets the umbra mods which are similar to primed mods but they are stronger the more of them are equipped. Theres umbra health, armor, intensify atm.

Sanctuary onslaught is a sort of there thing.

Dual energy color and visual effects called ephemera.

MR 29

The Kuva lich system. And the OP versions of crappy weapons it brings. Kuva Hind is a legitimate beast.

Steel path.. a sort of hard mode version of the star chart.

Lots... and lots... of new dojo decorations. Still no water tiles tho...

Archguns can be upgraded to be used on regular missions.. and several of them are quite powerful. This is one of the final rewards from the second open world "Fortuna".

2 reworked tilesets.. gas city on Jupiter, and the genetic corpus building tilesets.

A few nerfs to corpus combas.. they now preform an animation and create waves that lock your abilities, vs simply locking them by being inside of a mile radius of the warframe.

Vauban, saryn, nyx, wukong, ember, titania, zephyr, reworks.. most of which are really good and others which feel like they did nothing to help the frame "cough-nyx-cough".

Vacum mods for kavat and kuburos, also a removal of the stasis system.

Pet moas. Also a part of fortuna.

Roomba decorations for orbiter.

A new lore thing called the leverian.. also functions as advertisements for deluxe stuff but the storys are cool.

 

And finally... finally. 

 

FINALLY

 

HYDROID PRIMES TRAILER WAS RELEASED.

 

 

To name what i can remember atm.

 

 

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you stopped before the plains of eidolon, pretty much everything. The game is very different in how you acquire resource and what you do day to day.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. 3 eidolons for arcane farm (though your safer bet is just buying them as their prices decreased 4 folds)

2. melee rework

3. status rework

4. most shotguns and glaives suck now

5. kuva lich aka notice me senpai version of warframe (boring chore but gives good weapons and cool looking cosmetics)

6. railjack (space combat but more like dead content island, failed after 2 years of tenno con advertising)

7. disruption aka better defence/survival, onslaught missions aka high kills score party, arbritrations only good game mode addition and good endo farm

8. modular primary and secondaries aka kitguns like zaws but for guns

9. steel path, useless lvl 100+ content mode, no good rewards, good boss fights though

10. 2 new open worlds fortuna and heart of deimos now

11. a nerfed semi modular warframe system

12. melee weapon riven rework every 3 months yay

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Galuf said:

If you stopped before the plains of eidolon, pretty much everything. The game is very different in how you acquire resource and what you do day to day.

This was the last trailer I saw from DE and I was out due to personal life. Damn, I must have a lot to read and go through. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

So you stopped when i started..

 

Ok apart from a metric ton of frames we have

2 new open worlds with the third to be release in less than a day.

Raids are gone, arcanes moved to new open world raid bosses called eidolons. Then were breifly avilable for purchase during an event using event points (scarlet spear)

We have railjack, a new mission type revolving around operating what feels like a small frigate in open space.

You can build weapons, melee and ranges. These are called Zaws and Kitguns respectively.

 

MASSIVE REWORK TO ALL MELEE SYSTEMS. In addition all weapons in general were rebalanced.. there is basically no bad primes now. Even reaper prime is a goto meta murder toy of choice now.

Excalibur umbra, which is basically excal prime for everyone which is earned via a pretty fun cinematic quest. This quest also gets the umbra mods which are similar to primed mods but they are stronger the more of them are equipped. Theres umbra health, armor, intensify atm.

Sanctuary onslaught is a sort of there thing.

Dual energy color and visual effects called ephemera.

MR 29

The Kuva lich system. And the OP versions of crappy weapons it brings. Kuva Hind is a legitimate beast.

Steel path.. a sort of hard mode version of the star chart.

Lots... and lots... of new dojo decorations. Still no water tiles tho...

Archguns can be upgraded to be used on regular missions.. and several of them are quite powerful. This is one of the final rewards from the second open world "Fortuna".

2 reworked tilesets.. gas city on Jupiter, and the genetic corpus building tilesets.

A few nerfs to corpus combas.. they now preform an animation and create waves that lock your abilities, vs simply locking them by being inside of a mile radius of the warframe.

Vauban, saryn, nyx, wukong, ember, titania, zephyr, reworks.. most of which are really good and others which feel like they did nothing to help the frame "cough-nyx-cough".

Vacum mods for kavat and kuburos, also a removal of the stasis system.

Pet moas. Also a part of fortuna.

Roomba decorations for orbiter.

A new lore thing called the leverian.. also functions as advertisements for deluxe stuff but the storys are cool.

 

And finally... finally. 

 

FINALLY

 

HYDROID PRIMES TRAILER WAS RELEASED.

 

 

To name what i can remember atm.

 

 

Thanks man! I'll definitely expand upon these information. And judging from other comments as well.. there must be so many things to absorb and learn now XD

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, god.is.an.astronaut-EN- said:

 

It's been a while since I last played Warframe and the moment I logged back in, I noticed a lot of changes from 2017.

Is there anyone who's stayed with the game since then who can help me get back into the game?

Appreciate any answers or even angry comments telling me to go look at some other videos as well haha.

Well, many Primes came out, respectively : Mirage, Zephyr, Limbo, Chroma, Mesa, Equinox, Wukong, Atlas, Ivara, Titania and Inaros.

We got open worlds, respectively : Cetus and the Plains of Eidolon (Earth), Fortuna and the Orb Vallis (Venus), and today, we will be getting our 3rd open world in Deimos, the new moon of Mars, the Necralisk whit the Cambion Drift.

We also got several quests, you can now continue from "Chains of Harrow" into "Apostasy Prologue", which will lead you into "The Sacrifice" (try not to spoil yourself on this one), you can then move on to "Chimera Prologue" and "Erra" as those are chapters in Warframe current quest "The New War", which is slowly developing in the game. Whit that said, you have also gotten new quest for the open worlds that will reward you whit the BPs for many of the new Warframes introduced whit them.

You can now also take flight whit the not so new Sigma series Railjack, go into your dojo and build your new dry-dock, there, you will begin the "Rising Tides" quest, perhaps there is more to this ship then it seems...

Several Gamemodes:

Simaris has gotten bored, and seeing as some Tenno have completed the starchart, he decided to trow them in the middle of his thousands of Sanctuary beasts to test how efficient the Tenno are at killing, rewarding them whit Endo, Relics, and a new Warframe, Khora.

The Arbiters of Hexis decided to put the Tenno to test after they have shown to be able to complete all the starchart, and so they created the Arbitrations, high level alerts that give you but 1 life while rewarding you whit Vitus Essence that can be used to get some rewards from their special shop, but be in watch, as the new "Aura Forma" can be gotten as a reward from them, giving you the ability to make your Aura Slot be able to hold any Polarity of Aura Mods.

The Corpus have decided to do some Spring cleaning, Saturn has gotten a complete facelift whit new rooms and some lore, seems like Alad V is again up to no good, all this together whit a new gamemode and a Warframe, Wisp, the Corpus also upgraded their fleet and embraced a more lore focused style, while intruducing a new and better Jackal boss fight and also a nice new quest that that pulls you into the lore of the Corpus while rewarding you whit the BP for Protea.

A weird signal comes from your Radio aboard the Orbiter, its the Nightwave! Whit your lovely host Nora Night, bringing to you story's from across the system, from  big bad wolfs to mysterious serial killers, the system is never fully safe, stay tuned dreamer, you never know wen the system might need you.

We have also gotten the "Steel Path", Teshin grabs the good ol starchart and buffs the enemies by 100 levels, giving you the experience of doing the starchart all over again while testing your gear, which rewards you whit "Steel Essence" that can be traded whit dear Teshin for some rewards, while you are at that, ahng out whit him a bit in the Conclave, Teshin needs it.

We have also gotten even more MR test, up to 29 now !

As you see, Warframe has expanded and changed, many more Warframes to collect, story's to learn and  new enemies to fight, now its your turn to explore.

Edited by (PS4)I_I_Hope_I_I
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Too much to remember. Quests, open worlds, Railjack from 2006, death of Valkyr(as if she got nothing but nerfs all the time...Oh, wait), several reworks of titlesets and frames, new frames, weapons, operaton expantion, Nightwave, all the stuff that's coming tommorow(hello time zones and work), complete overhaul of melee and massive nerf hammer for exalted melee, Warframe 2.0 and we got new, superior Mom now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, (PS4)I_I_Hope_I_I said:

weird signal comes from your Radio aboard the Orbiter, its the Nightwave! Whit your lovely host Nora Night, bringing to you story's from across the system, from  big bad wolfs to mysterious serial killers, the system is never fully safe, stay tuned dreamer, you never know wen the system might need you.

Ooh i totally forgot about nightwave! This is basically warframes seasonal content tho the last intermission was nearly a year it feels. Nightwave also replaces the random alerts from the starchart with a challenges list. Completing them lets you (eventually) buy things like the catalysts and reactors. Sadly as a result nitain is more annoying than ever to get imo.

 

A few other things i forgot. Arcanes now have dedicated slots on frames and can freely up and downgraded. Also we have universal forma for warframe aura slots and melee stance slots.

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Ooh i totally forgot about nightwave! This is basically warframes seasonal content tho the last intermission was nearly a year it feels. Nightwave also replaces the random missions from the starchart with a challenges list. Completing them lets you (eventually) buy things like the catalysts and reactors.

 

A few other things i forgot. Arcanes now have dedicated slots on frames and can freely up and downgraded. Also we have universal forma for warframe aura slots and melee stance slots.

I tried to cover the main things since its fun to let returnees figure out some stuff, there is so much content since 2017 that its hard to summarize it all, you can really see the different wen you compare a returnee whit a 24/7 player, for us it seems like there is no content, for them its like the whole game changed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...