Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why do you think

(XBOX)x ARTaco x

the creators keep increasing the unused space in the ui? just sat through a few missions, and the mission end screen is now in the same boat as lots of other menu's. changed from all info being at a glance (basically), to weird format that mostly focuses on background graphics/icons, and now (with a controller) it takes way longer (til i get used to it, and/or they fix d-pad navigation finally.)

i just keep smashing my head, with every update where the holocaust is still going on, and nobody bats an eyebrow because they're all too high/drunk on the game. (or hopelessly addicted). is that why, just testing to see what negative things they can get away with? wouldn't changing ui stuff just exacerbate the existing glitches? idk just wondering the logic behind making me take an extra 10-30 seconds to stare at my loot/affinity/mission stats. is it for the extra game time i spend? 

am i thinking backwardly? am i the jerk-o? is it because it's foremost a pc game and shouldn't be played with a controller (controller support is last priority?) idk maybe ill figure out all the short-cuts but, just seems like energy could've been spent elsewhere to improve it. if it's a superficial/aesthetic thing, i get it. i like pretty looking things. but if it's less functional what's the point?

5 minutes ago, (XB1)x ARTaco x said:

nobody bats an eyebrow

I personally can't be bothered because it's not like the old end-of-match UI was my favourite thing. I didn't care then and I don't care now. I can't see a load of numbers unless I click somewhere? Fat difference, I didn't look at that load of numbers anyway.

Then again, I find that investing time in something I don't care, with results that elicit only my indifference, is a bit a waste of time. But I'm not in the position of deciding what DE does, so what can I say.

10 minutes ago, Rovaeden said:

my vote is for "Low Hanging Fruit", so the devs can say, "see.. we are working on stuff"

oof that's not cool imo. still gonna keep playing (one of the addicts here lul)

3 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

it's not like the old end-of-match UI was my favourite thing

me neither, this isn't the only example. i've given up on "complaining" about it. i just want different pov's and opinions on what the logic is behind it. 

Screens with a lot of information can be difficult to understand. Imagine if every screen in the game looked like an Excel spreadsheet; sure it would have lots of information, but it'd be a real pain to read, especially if you are new and don't know what you're looking at. DE has been focusing on the new player experience of late, which seems to include making the UI easier to understand. As a side effect of this, we get the new mission complete screen mainly to match the aesthetic that they've brought in with other stuff. Honestly I like it a bit more because it combines Standing and Affinity into one screen, and it can show more items obtained instead of stats that I don't always care about.

I will say that I'm a PC player though so I don't know anything about navigating these new menus with a gamepad.

21 minutes ago, (XB1)x ARTaco x said:

am i the jerk-o?

well you compared the situation to holocaust, so i would say yes, but i will answer constructively as well

The new UI is not perfect, but it's definitelly better then the previous one. Also it's still work in progress.
With today's update we will also get the change that the UI will remember if you want to see the fashion frame in the top part of the screen or if you want the fullscreen version.
As far as the statscreen goes. I am of the mind, that the stats are the most useless part of the end-of-mission screen and always has been.
Why?
1) people care too much about damage dealt and hiding it is a good way to fight it
2) mission stats are temporary, but what you get from a mission, your syndicate progress and weapon level are the real important stuff
3) the new UI looks muuuch better overall imho

3 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

well you compared the situation to holocaust

and people not batting an eye about it...... which happened and still happens

2) mission stats are temporary

i noticed they added new stats. like this guy got a capture, this other guy opened 30 lockers, etc

people care too much about damage dealt and hiding it is a good way to fight it

also i mostly use it so i know my accuracy (yea i care about it) and look at peoples abilities used/damage/damage taken/etc. if they're all 0 i block them for afking (after the game) a few other things too. dmg dealt is only one of the stats yo

2 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Wat?

look up holocaust deniers. also look up what the locals did the entire time it happened. nothing

1 minute ago, PsiWarp said:

Because fashionframe is endgame, so at the end of the game, they occupy more real estate.

that makes me lol. it's the popular opinion tho so i won't argue. just know i disagree. 😛 

10 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

1) people care too much about damage dealt and hiding it is a good way to fight it
2) mission stats are temporary, but what you get from a mission, your syndicate progress and weapon level are the real important stuff
3) the new UI looks muuuch better overall imho

1) Have you ever played any other MMO?

2) Again, have you played an MMO long enough?

3) Imo, no it doesn't, but I won't discuss it here as there's already a thread with enough complains about it.

It's that way because it's pretty and might help hooking up new players.

They don't care about it being practical because most of those stats are perfectly meaningless in a game like this. You just glance if that one item dropped, anything else is useless. That's my opinion of it at least.

44 minutes ago, (XB1)x ARTaco x said:

i noticed they added new stats. like this guy got a capture, this other guy opened 30 lockers, etc

yes, the new "everyone gets a trophy".. nice addition, completelly pointless tho, not an actual argument from your side

44 minutes ago, (XB1)x ARTaco x said:

also i mostly use it so i know my accuracy (yea i care about it) and look at peoples abilities used/damage/damage taken/etc. if they're all 0 i block them for afking (after the game) a few other things too. dmg dealt is only one of the stats yo

when you take a look at the progress during mission, you can clearly see the stats right away, that's the correct place to look for them

you can see if someone is afking just by paying attention in game

0% sometimes is less than 1% - people are sometimes way worse than you or are just new and blocking based on stats is just being toxic ahole 😉
also.. if you care about stats, great, they are still there, but you are a minority

34 minutes ago, ZarTham said:

1) Have you ever played any other MMO?

2) Again, have you played an MMO long enough?

3) Imo, no it doesn't, but I won't discuss it here as there's already a thread with enough complains about it.

1) since when is warframe mmo
2) since when is warframe mmo
3) I respect that you don't agree, that's fine 🙂

Perhaps a different approach might be that not showing the numbers by default causes people to pay lesser attention to the numbers, hopefully reducing the competitiveness between players. Out of sight, out of mind.

That’s just my perspective.

Just now, Jemmies said:

Perhaps a different approach might be that not showing the numbers by default causes people to pay lesser attention to the numbers, hopefully reducing the competitiveness between players. Out of sight, out of mind.

That’s just my perspective.

yes, you get it, i like you :))

8 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

since when is warframe mmo

do you know what mmo means? and do you see what they're building it towards?

10 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

completelly pointless tho

omg duh, i was duh'ing the thing i quoted you on

the thing i complain about is the info was super efficient to look at before, like the post-game stats on a football or baseball game. i could tell what people did even if i was only focusing on what i was doing 😛 sry you can't read numbers.... i can and do frequently

4 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

4 people

lol yea just 4

5 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Ah yes... 4 people squad-based mission game
The absolute definition of MASSIVE multiplayer online

Is call of duty MMO as well?

It is considered a MMO FPS, if you're talking about Call of Duty Online.

Despite being whatever it is, stats are important, either you like it or not, that's a part of what's called progression, you always want to get better, and one way of seeing that is through stats, it being damage dealt, mission time, etc, etc.

Edit: inb4 "oh but WF is a co-op PVE" doesn't matter, stats are stats, they are helpful, you can never be better at something unless you know where you are failing at.

I also care about my own weapon accuracy during missions, because it's one of the things i intend to constantly improve upon, but i would also be fine with it only displayed to me if they decided to remove or rework those stats.

Maybe another stat they could add would be 'highest sniper combo count' or 'highest sniper killcount/x time'.

4 minutes ago, ZarTham said:

It is considered a MMO FPS, if you're talking about Call of Duty Online.

Despite being whatever it is, stats are important, either you like it or not, that's a part of what's called progression, you always want to get better, and one way of seeing that is through stats, it being damage dealt, mission time, etc, etc.

Edit: inb4 "oh but WF is a co-op PVE" doesn't matter, stats are stats, they are helpful, you can never be better at something unless you know where you are failing at.

I would agree, if this game was literally something else. But this is lootershooter and the only relevant information in the end is loot, exp/syndicate progress and mission time and that's all visible.

The stats are absolutely irrelevant to most frames.

Can you explain to me, how the stats are in anyway helpful to support frames? Or utility frames?

Let's break it down:

Revives - irelevant you cannot get better at reviving. You either can do it, or cannot.
Pickup count - how is that relevant?
Fire accuracy - I would accept this as a relevant stat, if enemies in this game didnt die by you looking at them.
Abilities used - how is that relevant?
Upgrades received - how is that relevant?
Deaths - possibly relevant? depends on situation - otherwise irelevant
Melee kills - who cares, they are dead anyways
Headshot kills - who cares, they are dead anyways
Total kills - who cares, they are dead anyways
Damage taken - irelevant
Damage dealt - relevant ONLY if you are 4 DPSs trying to find out who is the best, otherwise irelevant

Archived