Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This is a question about the Steel Path..

jpcunhex

This was a thought i got once The steel path came out, but will there be enough players to populate both the steel path star chart and the normal star chart? i mean, i dont suppose people would like to be more alone then before for the missions. i do say this supposing in the long term future for "new players" that start the steel path they might need to do it alone with no help.. unless they have friends ofc. Not saying that its bad that its gonna be hard for them but its gonna be more lonely and maybe hard for interception missions. Also saying this cause i can see that once veteran players start, in general, finishing the chart the less players will be playing maybe 80% of the missions (mainly the farms will be played i believe)..

Just wondering..

Welcome to the forums tenno ^.^ 

Steelpath is already feeling like "OH MY GOD A UNICORN!" when you see a fellow tenno roaming around.

Don't worry once there interception are a piece of cake its more like archwings stuff that are sometimes a pain , bosses and disruptions. Did i forgot any ?.

Anyway welcome home tenno ^.^ 

Tbh, the only difficult part is the Jupiter Bird fight because of how little damage amps do to it and it's tendency to stay out of range of most effective amps. Other than that there's no real difficulty if you have some semi-decent gear.

Also, for Nova, Nyx and Limbo interceptions are a joke.

My friend and I 2 manned it in a couple days, doing a few planets a day. With our frame builds, it was fairly easy, no god tier weapons included.

We found a person here and there on the first node. Some left right away, others stayed and we blew through the planet. 

Sometimes when bored and testing weapons, I sit on node 1 and wait on first goers, help through the planet as I tune my loadout.

hace 3 minutos, TARINunit9 dijo:

Path isn't really fun because it HEAVILY restricts build diversity

That is true but it is not a problem in itself, it is rather the solution to an observation that has existed for a long time: for years there has been a "meta" but there was no place to apply that "meta" that was not the simulacrum. Love it or hate it, but this was something that long time ago part of the community wanted

8 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Steelpath is already feeling like "OH MY GOD A UNICORN!" when you see a fellow tenno roaming around.

Don't worry once there interception are a piece of cake its more like archwings stuff that are sometimes a pain , bosses and disruptions. Did i forgot any ?.

thx 4 the warm welcome *u*

12 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Seriously, I struggle to find people in Steel Path even when I'm sitting on the waiting screen and outright say that I'm hosting (insert node here) in recruit chat. You'd think there would be more people who were struggling to complete a node solo (or just don't want to solo the node)

12 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

The answer has turned out to be "for the most part, no". Steel Path isn't really fun because it HEAVILY restricts build diversity, so it's mostly populated by a couple people who A) have the few viable builds, and B) aren't bored using them and only them

Incorrect. SP requires a level of skill, and higher tier level items and mods. Super easy for most vets and even intermediate level players. SP Is restricted to know-how, not just blind lazy fun like the normal modes. You actually have to pay attention, and surviving is done on purpose not by accident.

1 minute ago, Hayabusa97 said:

Seriously, I struggle to find people in Steel Path even when I'm sitting on the waiting screen and outright say that I'm hosting (insert node here) in recruit chat.

Yeah i just go trought the starchart minding my stuff and sometimes i stumble uppon a fellow tenno.

I usualy greet them with " Whoa a unicorn!" or "Whoa a FELLOW TENNO" but yeah they are super rare even if you wait on a node you can wait a very long time.

There aren't enough players to regularly fill out the standard star chart as is and given Steel Path's completely optional nature and lacking key game modes (namely Fissures) it'll always be even less populated than the normal chart. And given how rewards are structured and players heavily leaning towards the most optimal way to get them most nodes will always end up very rarely seeing regular activity.

DE could make something like a squad finder with a load of filter options to help in finding random squads scatters across the charts but until then there are other ways of getting around the issue. Specifically using Recruiting chat, joining an active clan, or getting/making some friends in the game. But as for Steel Path itself honestly by the time a player has finished the normal chart and can enter SP they likely have the gear and mods to solo it anyways and may just require the knowledge to put such builds together.

10 minutes ago, AresTheLegendary said:

Incorrect. SP requires a level of skill, and higher tier level items and mods. Super easy for most vets and even intermediate level players. SP Is restricted to know-how, not just blind lazy fun like the normal modes. You actually have to pay attention, and surviving is done on purpose not by accident.

Have you even played Steel Path? The only thing that even comes close to proving your comment true is Solo Interception, and that's only because it has the same enemy spawn rate as a full 4-person squad. Everything else is exactly the same as normal Starchart, but with enemies that take more bullets to the face

It is not more skillful, not at all

For interceptions, people were so scared at release that I entered some where 0 bullets were fired, enemies hard primed, chaosed and rhino stomped to oblivion just in case, it was so beautifull that I was peacefully sidescreening netflix.

Like any game people on average want the rewards. Once we get the rewards we want we stop running it.

Most folks probably have it cleared and have what they want from the vendor. So other then for kicks. The average person probably is not doing hard mode anymore.

Personally i think the mobs are overly spongi and the essence rates are awful.  Ince i get a node i can farm for essences i won't bother with the rest.

I just want 3 maybe 4 things from the vendor.

Archived