Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Update 29

[DE]Rebecca

- I see the intent of the token system. However, the result is just a clunky mess of excessive steps, inconsistent values placed on resources, and abysmal Standing payouts for the amount of effort (considering you have to over farm since you don't know how much you will need).

- Also, the bonus for saving up to convert to the super tokens just feels like a slap in the face as you further waste player time. Could have tied those tokens to something else and raised the value of the individual tokens instead.

- The "new" tutorial looks nice. It is nice to see that the Ostrons have a larger society beyond Cetus. But other than updated parkour introductions, what of the new player experience has actually been fixed? Certainly wasn't a wider array of starter weapon options. Also, potentially spoiling the only notable story reveal in the entire game. (I'm being facetious, but the girl in the cutscene should have just been an Ostron or something, not looked like an Operator). 

- I'm relieved to see the Derelicts weren't actually retired, since that is something I never saw a definite answer on.

Deimos is cool. I like the setting. I look forward to uncovering the lore and secret mechanics. However, not only have you once again failed to learn from the mistakes of the past open worlds, you actively made the most tedious rep grind yet. How did you not only ignore the previous feedback, but directly make a rep system that removed all of the reliable ways the previous systems had? Completing bounties and animal captures in the other open worlds just grants standing directly. Here, we get either tokens or worse, PIECES OF A TOKEN. Which we then have to go through the process of turning in for standing at a completely different NPC. 

Every new thing you guys add is further proof you have zero care or respect for player time. We are tired of the commitment Warframe keeps demanding. Many of us want to come home from work and relax, not feel like we are logging in to use what little free time we have as a second job.

8 hours ago, ---Swaggi--- said:

Thanks. Lets explore it 😄 

So these Buffs doesnt make me use this rather bad weapons lul

You guys gave us high mr players 250 extra points? 

tenor.gif 

Yeah this is kinda annoying. Between some levels there's only an increase of 250. Some an increase of 750 and some only 500.

Previously we'd be able to get 1000 extra per mastery. 

They're literally trying to make lower mastery ranks easier though. Cause it feels like a bigger jump down there. 

4 hours ago, Avlaen said:

Ugh... we HAVE to do conservation to rank up? i hate conservation so much its just so boring. and seems you have to do A LOT of it to get all the tokens as its not even one token per capture.

Technically, you don't need to do the conservation minigame. There are loads of free-roaming creatures you can tranq without needing to track. This especially includes Velocipods, which are all over the place and relatively docile.

8 hours ago, Caramello said:

Gotta love that low MR people gets a bunch of extra standing, but the people that stick around long enough to get MR 29 gets the incredible amount of extra 250...

DE at this point do not give two $$#*" about older players. They have proven time and time again that they only care about the new players for their money. 

Every update they're slowly eliminating small little things that where made for older players. 

7 hours ago, NightGhost12 said:

first of all i really appreciate the work you guys put to make this happen, but did you write the MR cap wrong or its just an increase of 250 for MR 29? 

You're reading it wrong. It's 29500 - 30250.

That's 750 increase. 

Which is still meh. The only reason they're doing this is to kiss the shoes of all the new whales entering the game. 

7 hours ago, Azrayeel said:

This made me sad... 😞

This info was posted with the original dev post. 

There was 0 ambiguity to this change. Everyone knew this. And where OK with it. 

It was the nerfs that came later that pissed people off. But meh. 

7 hours ago, c0nsequence said:

is this a joke? why dont we get anything in mr 29? +250 is nothing

It's not 250. So many people are reading that wrong. 

It's 29500 - 30250.

Even I got it wrong the first time I read it. 

It's a 750 increase each level now. 

Animal Capture in the Drift is just hilariously broken. Whenever I spawn in there's only one, sometimes two, Avichea animal captures and so far one of them has always been in the same spot and it has always been questionably functional with no path. The one time I found the mating call point I wasn't convinced the bird even spawned. Having a similar issue with Vulpaphya where only one capture is available instead of the activity-standard three and unlike Avichea it actually worked. ...Twice. At which point I pressed my keybind to bring out the echo-lure again and on my minimap I saw an animal capture node flash along the edge and then it disappeared and I had no animal captures available. Even if it was there I had no means to find it.

9 hours ago, Autumnatopoeia said:

There is NO Reason to cap defy at 750 armor. It already has 1500 cap which is fine. 1200 maybe ok, but 750?

There was a reason, and it is to make defy about as worthless as other bad abilities on the list, so they wouldn't have to spend time to buff the latter.

Hydroid uncolorable texture fix when? This is an old bug can you fix it already? Y'all fixed Nyx Prime's missing uncolorable textures days after her PBR but no love for Hydroid.

Thank you for the update though, I absolutely love it!

hace 11 horas, [DE]Rebecca dijo:

29  30000  30250   daily cap

This is insulting tbh

Acolyte Mods have been redistributed into Entrati Bounties as we are sunsetting the rerunning of that event, however, it won't be the last you see of Acolytes overall.

Just like the raids i'm guessing ... to be continued in 2030. But stil a good change , the mods themselfs alone make playing the new zone worth the time.

Mag’s Magnetize now has an added functionality as seen in the “Awakening” cinematic. Now, when Magnetize is held vs. tapped to cast, Mag creates and holds a Magnetize bubble in front of her that absorbs projectiles. Recast the ability to throw the absorbed damage in a cone back onto enemies. Mag can also walk while holding the bubble. 

Why didn't you put this sooner q,q ? She needs love 😞

Overall i think is a good update, i would argue on the testing side (like from rank 0 -> rank1 block) haven't encoutnered any game breaking bugs so far that's alwais good 🙂

Please reduce infested ranged / not close-range units in Cambion Drift (Free Roap Map in Deimos) 
Infested Damage

We did not want to overlook the Infested in our review. Infested are close-range enemies that telegraph most attacks - and now if one of those attacks hits you, it simply does more damage. Stay agile, stay moving, and the mission is as good as won!

It seems obvious the drop table in bounty 2 is intentionally wrong. Scintillants are shown as common in bounty 2, but they're much more rare than even the rare drop. I can understand wanting to get a few people to spend their platinum on Xaku initially, but this is unethical.

I gotta give props. I really like Deimos. The bounty drops are the best so far in terms of kuva, credit, and endo common drops values (please go back and improve the earth and Venus bounties, it’s nice getting values that respect the players time). And the bounties themselves are funner and less frustrating (having more margins for error in bounties is a big plus for me). I know there aren’t a lot of uncommon and rare drops yet outside of xaku and their signature weapon, but I understand more will come with time. 

the scaling underground vault bounties are nice. The fact that they scale and spawn more necromechs and more rewards is neat.

You’ve learned a lot from the previous open worlds and it shows. Deimos is smaller, yes, but a lot more compact and lively than the other maps. But without feeling too overrun by infested when trying to go fishing and tagging.

now for the not so good stuff. Hoo boy... Xaku is pretty bad. Because void damage is really bad. Now I hope everyone is aware that void damage isn’t even strong against sentients. It just resets their resistances. I do less damage to enemies when I use my damage buff, because void procs taking priority over good procs is making my weapons perform worse.

Grasp of Lohk technically scales, but we all know that enemy health, shields, and armor scale vastly higher than their weapon damage does, so this ability falls off pretty quickly.

The Lost is a 3-in-1 ability. With Accuse being a better thrall cast, but without the beneficial synergies of Revenant. So it’s just a decent cc. Gaze is what’s used to weaken enemies to your void damage. And it honestly sucks that it’s mandatory to make their void damage usable, and it still doesn’t feel like enough. Deny is a single beam damage ability that cc’s those that survive, so it’s just a bad, small aoe cc in higher levels.

At tennocon it was stated that Xaku’s ult gives them Damage Resistance. It does not. It grants them higher evasion (passive grants them 25%). With the vast untime, xaku gets up to 75% evasion. And as we all know, it didn’t work for Titania back then, why would It help xaku now... it doesn’t. (thank god Titania has more reliable DR now). And even with Xaku’s ult weakening enemies to void damage along with their Gaze, I still find myself having a harder time killing off enemies in higher levels than if I had not used void damage at all. Also, his ult doesn’t really indicate which enemies are affected. There’s no visual que or aura on them. They just get slowed down by around 20%, which isn’t that easy to notice when trying to frantically survive. This ability also has a duration AND a continuous energy drain on top of the 100 energy used to cast it. I don’t see why both a duration and a drain are needed (*cough* mirage disco ball *cough*) A continuous drain for a speed and evasion boost aren’t really worth keeping up the drain.

xaku really needs a bit of help. Void damage needs a rework, and their ult needs DR.

The annoying part was the isoation vault in deimos. It was my 1st run and as soon as I begin it, with 3 other players who were already in progress for who knows how long, it counts as abandoning objective just because I just entered the Cambion Drift, causing the whole squad to fail. There should be something to instantly teleport the new comer directly to where the squad is instead of making them run all the way to the objective point. And I don't think that esophage is of any help with this problem

5 hours ago, GREF_TM said:

There was a reason, and it is to make defy about as worthless as other bad abilities on the list, so they wouldn't have to spend time to buff the latter.

I think there's no reason for that simply because even 1500 isn't that much to begin with. 

Basically what I'm saying is Defy is literally just as bad as the other options even without the Nerf.

If they did the same thing with Booben's Bastille I honestly wouldn't care.

I’ll admit I haven’t done too much in Deimos so far, but I’m liking what I’ve discovered so far. Bounties are pretty cool, I like what you’ve done to older bounty archetypes to make them more interesting/easy to do. They’ll probably get boring with repetition, but what won’t? I think the base token system itself is cool. Giving tokens instead of standing threw me for a bit, but I’ve realized it allows people to grind more when they have time, and cash in the tokens later. So far I’m liking the update, but I am pretty easy to please.

16 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Mining
GEMS

• Faceted Tiametrite - Common
  • Purged Dagonic - Common
  • Purified Heciphron - Uncommon
  • Stellated Necrathene - Rare
  • Trapezium Xenorhast - Legendary
  • Cabochon Embolos - Legendary

ALLOYS

• Adramal Alloy - Common
  • Tempered Bapholite - Common
  • Devolved Namalon - Uncommon
  • Thaumic Distillate - Rare

This one is broken thaumica is not dropping

ok so loving the new token system!

for those who dont get it yet this means if you have an off day where you can just grind for hours you can farm up boat loads of tokens keep playing bounties etc and not be wasting your time once you hit your daily standing cap.

i already have enough tokens saved for next 2 days of standing. which is great for me cause i can log in just long enough to feed tokens into standing on days when i dont have time to farm standing... weekend warriors rejoice! u can still make progress on weekdays!!!

suggestion to DE for bounties tho... let players toggle for straight standing that then converts back to tokens after reaching daily cap... i do get where some players are coming from on wanting to track theyre standing while running bounties alternatively have the tokens show how much standing they are worth either individually or as a stck in mission window.

Archived