Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Update 29

[DE]Rebecca

Played for a bit, feedback so far:

• Ores have to be visible all the time, not reveal themselves from time to time. And heat spots are even buggier than usual.
  • To rank up to Stranger you need 5 Daughter Tokens and 5 Son Tokens.There's no obvious way to get Son Tokens, other than go out and look for randomly spawning animals, and hope some of your quarry matches with "orders" available. Progress through RNG, love it!
  • I get dips below 30 FPS on my 3440x1440 i7-9700k and RTX 2070 rig just running around, even after I turned the graphics down.
  • Necramech battle sucked. Who got this bright idea of bringing stamina back?

I was on the fence about Warframe as of Steel Path, now I'm confident the team has no idea what they're doing with the game.

Quick bug notes:

Snake Necramech sound when it gets destroyed is broken and your ears will be too.

Chat relay icon in the nekralisk flickers white as if a new message appeared but nothing there (or chat is broken)

Client Side players cannot see the requiem hack combination correctly (it may appear as fass,fass,fass,fass; for example)

I'm going to be honest...

The update is laggy as anything for me and it's not my system, it's not even hitting 50% usage of the cpu or my gpu.... (i7 4790k, 32GB ram, GTX1060 6GB and an ssd...at 1080p)

Got to the end of the daughters mission and in all honesty was bored senseless by the long winded 'quest'... I know it's likely aimed at newbies but it's not really teaching us anything new imo if you've done the other open worlds.

In all honesty based on what I've seen so far and read on the forum (and elsewhere) I'm not even sure I can be bothered to continue, it just reads like you've designed this new location around making it as grindy as possible.

So, the update, much like many things DE promises, is both kinda nice and kinda a pile of steaming infested flesh.

This one moreso than others it seems.

I like the story, I like that we finally have more orokin around. The visual design is really nice for the most part. Necramechs feel like they'd do well having their own game, they're that good to handle.

That were the good ones.

Now for the bad ones.

New approach to standing for necralisk is atrocious. There's no other way to call it. It's bad and convoluted. Farm resources and animals, exchange them for tokens via the same timegated system as tinker's, turn tokens into grandma tokens(but not all because you still need them) via said same system, exchange tokens for rep. You have to go through two separate time gates to get any progress done and facet of it is actually borderline impossible at the moment due to the simple fact that, well, enemy spawns are unrelenting so huntable creatures just don't spawn at all. And that's the only one you can't circumvent, btw. You can circumvent the entirety of resource farm buuuuuuuuuuut I won't mention how because i don't want DE to instanerf the only way to progress this bearably.

Oh, and if you want that necramech you'll have to max out the necraloid faction. And that will require maxing out necralisk faction. And five buckets of void traces. In fact, your first necraloid rank up requires 150 void traces. Have fun.

New vaults with puzzles? The game doesn't explain you jack about them. What do the pillars do? Why are there random void symbols? Why is there a breakable orokin statue? Well, they don't matter. Also the game doesn't tell you that you need your operator to solve the door puzzle. At all. Which is extra funny because you didn't need your operator for the quest. Amazing, is it not?

Fighting necramechs? Atrocious. Locational damage? Cool. I like it. It makes for more interesting fights, making you actually aim instead of mindlessly pointing your weapon of choice towards the head. Or in rough vicinity if you're like me and like your kuva tonkor. Locational damage size of a post stamp with zero directions on a target that moves around erratically and dishes out absolutely ridiculous amounts of AOE? Not cool. It's annoying. It's boring. It's like playing Dead Space PC port with frame limiter off, the thing just jerks around randomly and before you know it most of your health is gone and half your shots did nothing. Don't do that.

It seems I have mentioned it already, but going back to the reputation for a second... who thought conservation being mandatory for faction progression is a good idea? Who is the fffffffffffffffFUNCTIONAL responsible for that? Yeah, okay, people liked it in fortuna for the five seconds where the novelty was kinda cool still, but you're making us do this, why? And as usual, you need standing to get new lures and also fishing spears while we're at it. In fact, making you do rounds across everyone in the hub to progress is atrocious. Why not let us do the old thing and just progress naturally via whatever the player likes most?

New fishing is... too easy? That sounds kinda like a reach but it really is just too easy. Throw spear at floating fish that's clearly visible at all times, don't even need to highlight them with the dye or the sentinel. Granted, you're also contending with absolutely borked unrelenting spawns but that's how things be on deimos it seems.

And you can't keep the k-drive bug as a pet. That's the worst one.

Il y a 2 heures, -Edrick- a dit :

Wait...  Zymos and Keratinos are ONLY attainable via store purchase? Is this the first (future)set of weapons exclusive to store purchase only?  So we going down that road now?   No love for Dojo Infested Research Lab?  *sadface

No, you get them from standing exchange in new hub. BPs, then pieces you have to craft.

il y a 8 minutes, maximumpingas a dit :

So, the update, much like many things DE promises, is both kinda nice and kinda a pile of steaming infested flesh.

This one moreso than others it seems.

I like the story, I like that we finally have more orokin around. The visual design is really nice for the most part. Necramechs feel like they'd do well having their own game, they're that good to handle.

That were the good ones.

Now for the bad ones.

New approach to standing for necralisk is atrocious. There's no other way to call it. It's bad and convoluted. Farm resources and animals, exchange them for tokens via the same timegated system as tinker's, turn tokens into grandma tokens(but not all because you still need them) via said same system, exchange tokens for rep. You have to go through two separate time gates to get any progress done and facet of it is actually borderline impossible at the moment due to the simple fact that, well, enemy spawns are unrelenting so huntable creatures just don't spawn at all. And that's the only one you can't circumvent, btw. You can circumvent the entirety of resource farm buuuuuuuuuuut I won't mention how because i don't want DE to instanerf the only way to progress this bearably.

Oh, and if you want that necramech you'll have to max out the necraloid faction. And that will require maxing out necralisk faction. And five buckets of void traces. In fact, your first necraloid rank up requires 150 void traces. Have fun.

New vaults with puzzles? The game doesn't explain you jack about them. What do the pillars do? Why are there random void symbols? Why is there a breakable orokin statue? Well, they don't matter. Also the game doesn't tell you that you need your operator to solve the door puzzle. At all. Which is extra funny because you didn't need your operator for the quest. Amazing, is it not?

Fighting necramechs? Atrocious. Locational damage? Cool. I like it. It makes for more interesting fights, making you actually aim instead of mindlessly pointing your weapon of choice towards the head. Or in rough vicinity if you're like me and like your kuva tonkor. Locational damage size of a post stamp with zero directions on a target that moves around erratically and dishes out absolutely ridiculous amounts of AOE? Not cool. It's annoying. It's boring. It's like playing Dead Space PC port with frame limiter off, the thing just jerks around randomly and before you know it most of your health is gone and half your shots did nothing. Don't do that.

It seems I have mentioned it already, but going back to the reputation for a second... who thought conservation being mandatory for faction progression is a good idea? Who is the fffffffffffffffFUNCTIONAL responsible for that? Yeah, okay, people liked it in fortuna for the five seconds where the novelty was kinda cool still, but you're making us do this, why? And as usual, you need standing to get new lures and also fishing spears while we're at it. In fact, making you do rounds across everyone in the hub to progress is atrocious. Why not let us do the old thing and just progress naturally via whatever the player likes most?

New fishing is... too easy? That sounds kinda like a reach but it really is just too easy. Throw spear at floating fish that's clearly visible at all times, don't even need to highlight them with the dye or the sentinel. Granted, you're also contending with absolutely borked unrelenting spawns but that's how things be on deimos it seems.

And you can't keep the k-drive bug as a pet. That's the worst one.

As far as gaining standing goes, just do a bounty and mass turn in all the Mother's token. You get a #*!% ton of standing... there's really nothing to complain about there. Now I agree that making things mandatory to progress standing level is stupid.

First Off: 

24 minutes ago, Gendalph said:

• To rank up to Stranger you need 5 Daughter Tokens and 5 Son Tokens.There's no obvious way to get Son Tokens, other than go out and look for randomly spawning animals, and hope some of your quarry matches with "orders" available. Progress through RNG, love it!

Worst thing so far. Please change that. I could accept Son Tokens at Rank 3 or so (once you have access to the lures) or like every capture 1 token - right now its just impossible to get (especially "rare" animals). Give us Lures before you want the captures - easy.

I've been farming Son stuff for about 1h now and still only got 1 token or so, cause you simply can't find the animals.

DE, I understand this may simply be part of a rotation, but there needs to be a trade-in with Son that only requires cryptilex tags. It's ridiculous that I am DEPENDANT on randomly encountering another animal in the Cambion Drift to progress as far as Rank 1 with the Entrati. On top of that, likely multiple of these random encounters as a minimum. Or simply change the requirement of Son tokens to... is it Loid or Otak? The mining. I've barely done much yet but already am getting a wide berth of minerals and gems, easily enough to get tokens.

This needs to change in the first round of hotfixes.

3 minutes ago, CAPSLUCK said:

Worst thing so far. Please change that. I could accept Son Tokens at Rank 3 or so (once you have access to the lures) or like every capture 1 token - right now its just impossible to get (especially "rare" animals). Give us Lures before you want the captures - easy.

I've been farming Son stuff for about 1h now and still only got 1 token or so, cause you simply can't find the animals.

See, there's a big issue with this. Warframe was about making steady progress and having alternatives to RNG. Over the past 3 years devs have eroded that, and now they see RNG as a prolongator... While community begs to add "RNG limiters". I've been farming Nidus for over a week, it took me about 10 hours to get all of his parts. Before I got chassis I got like 15 copies of other parts.
In a similar vein, my clanmate is farming Khora, and he needs 2 parts, which drop from B and C rotations (every 6th and 8th wave out of 8). Been at it for about a week as well.
It's just painful...

2 minutes ago, Avlaen said:

Ugh... we HAVE to do conservation to rank up? i hate conservation so much its just so boring. and seems you have to do A LOT of it to get all the tokens as its not even one token per capture.

This, conservation is one of the most aggravating things in the game.

My gosh, you guys made standing even worse. 

The whole thing about letting us earn standing even with cap, due to the tokens... such a lie. We could already do that with mining and fishing. Now you even made conservation/hunting annoying.

I know you guys worked hard on this update but this is just horrible grinding

27 minutes ago, Hiskus said:

well its a puzzle it would be bad if it just told you what to do i enjoyed figuring out how to open the vault and appreciate DE not holding my hand in that

29 minutes ago, Hiskus said:

i do agree with a big part of this the task system that refreshes every hour or so is annoying to get the tokens atleast one task that is always there and that you can turn in an unlimited amount of time would be appreciated
i do like the token system tho as you can farm more tokens than your standing cap and just turn in left over tokens for standing the next day

Archived