Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos TennoGen Prex Cards: Twitch Drops Available Now!

[DE]Helen

Hi all! For those who have noticed a change in their flow of inbox messages for TennoGen Prex Card Drops, here are some possible causes:

• Lots of Tenno are enjoying live streams right now! There might be intermittent backlog in our system that causes you to receive Drop inbox messages later, even after you've stopped watching a live stream.
  • If you have multiple live streams open in different tabs, Twitch will not register you as a viewer, and you will stop accruing minutes toward another Drop.
  • Making changes to your Twitch account, like changing your password, can affect the way your account processes Drops. Unlinking and relinking should fix this!
  • Casting a Twitch live stream to a different display sometimes affects the way Drops are processed.

I hope this info is helpful!

5 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

If you have multiple live streams open in different tabs, Twitch will not register you as a viewer, and you will stop accruing minutes toward another Drop.

Anecdotically, that does not seem to be true. For this campaign, as well as all previous ones, I always had multiple streams open and always got my drops without issues.

This time at least for me, stuff is just simply delayed since the second day of drops. I had streams open yesterday evening for around 4 hours hours and got no drops at all. But tonight starting at 2:30 up until today 15:30 (while I was asleep / at work) I got a total of 12 cards which just about amounts to one every 20 minutes of streams being watched the day before.

Why do you continue to do these missable Twitch drops that are so poorly advertised the only way I find this post was by finding out that this was a thing from a different forum and then googling it? It's not on the front page, and the mention in the patch notes was so offhand I assumed "tennogen prex" was just another thing in the market I can't buy with platinum.

Been watching for hours and hours and hours.

Unlinked and Re-linked my account (Which has been connected since it first came out)

I still have yet to receive ANYTHING...

Does it not work if I watch it on the app, do I need to open/watch in a browser??

An update on the TennoGen Prex campaign!

On 2020-08-25 at 5:13 PM, [DE]Helen said:

8/27/2020 Update:

Greetings, Tenno!

As the TennoGen Prex campaign continues, we’re seeing reports of the Twitch drops slowing down. We’ve looked at the backend and the drops are backed up due to the 20 minute Cumulative Time needed to receive a Prex card - we are handing out lots of cards very fast, as evidenced by the 60+ cards some of you have already received!

In order to relieve the servers of this heavy strain, we must change the Cumulative Time to 1 hour. These Twitch Drops will still continue to trickle out slowly with this change.

It’s understandable to ask yourself why did we do another Directory Wide Twitch drop so soon after TennoCon 2020. We wanted to keep true to our word that the TennoGen Prex campaign would happen with the Heart of Deimos launch (announced during TennoCon), and to give these incredible artists the well deserved spotlight.

After this TennoGen Prex campaign concludes we will be revisiting the code to make adjustments for future campaigns. 

Thank you for expressing your excitement over this campaign. We truly have amazing artists in our community!

8 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

An update on the TennoGen Prex campaign!

could you do something about the fact you can get many of some while zero of others ?

currently I have 7 carnis, 1 fass, 4 flagellocanth, 1 kymaeros, 3 lobotriscid, 4 saxum, 3 scissus. 1 velocipod, 3 xaku.

I am missing only one card that I cant get for life of me, boneblade or whatever its called.

39 minutes ago, Culaio said:

could you do something about the fact you can get many of some while zero of others ?

currently I have 7 carnis, 1 fass, 4 flagellocanth, 1 kymaeros, 3 lobotriscid, 4 saxum, 3 scissus. 1 velocipod, 3 xaku.

I am missing only one card that I cant get for life of me, boneblade or whatever its called.

They all have an equal 10% chance (10 cards - 10% chance each).

18 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

That's just slightly strange...

I'm unsure if DE are aware that  having a RNG % Chance on a item, may not be very acceptable in alot of peoples eyes, not only Twitch itself.

I highly doute that Twitch will allow a gamble/RNG of drops on that platform. I have to agree with Marine and Reclaimer, this feels -very- scummy. 

2 minutes ago, Kylo. said:

They will be in the game at a later stage for you to acquire. : )

That doesn't change the fact, regardless if you can get them or not.

You smipley DO NOT do this. Inflating numbers or trying to "sell out" such a thing can be very scummy. Let alone that this is for Streamers, who do you think they will complain to?, the Streamers will take the heat of this, is this is what DE Intend?, to allow their streamers to be under toxic fire? 

1 minute ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I'm unsure if DE are aware that Twitch Prime isn't free not by a long shot and it costs quite a bit a year (if you go that way). Having a RNG % Chance on a item, may not be very acceptable in alot of peoples eyes, not only Twitch itself.

I highly doute that Twitch will allow a gamble/RNG of drops on that platform. I have to agree with Marine and Reclaimer, considering real money is involved, this feels -very- scummy. 

You don't need twitch prime to receive drops?

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Meg you ignored the main issues of the drops not dropping, then doubled down on RNG where you have a 90% chance to NOT get the one you wanted, even if the drop actually works

Its clear nobody playtested the new update either, with console players being screwed out of scintillant and father tokens.... like why not just have a single universal token? Who at DE keeps over-complicating things and depending on 10% RNG drops that dont work??

2 hours ago, Marine027 said:

Are you for real? Twitch RNG, nice, you really show your colors slowly DE, i used to respect you but damn that is low by now. No offense btw but it feels so off putting.

I know oyu need ot maek moeny, the game is free but this is desperate and you sell yourself out a lot by now.

Can only agree to what True_Reclaimer said:

More ingame activiy and not something outside the game all the time. This is a GAME not some TV show i watch.

2 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

That's just slightly strange...

I'm unsure if DE are aware that Twitch Prime isn't free not by a long shot and it costs quite a bit a year (if you go that way). Having a RNG % Chance on a item, may not be very acceptable in alot of peoples eyes, not only Twitch itself.

I highly doute that Twitch will allow a gamble/RNG of drops on that platform. I have to agree with Marine and Reclaimer, considering real money is involved, this feels -very- scummy. 

In DE's DEfense, twitch prime is not needed to get the drops

However, its crazy that drops not in game are only found from third party sites, and RANDOM at that

2 hours ago, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

I need to take a screen shot but I've gotten atleast 50 cards sent to me it feels like since the event dropped

Same, and still missing the one I need

2 hours ago, Kylo. said:

They will be in the game at a later stage for you to acquire. : )

Really? Why not have them in game now and from twitch? More options = better IMO

And I could forgive the bad twitch drops if DE actually told Warframe Support they are REQUIRED to add the missing drops instead of saying LOL SORRY NO and closing the ticket

Just now, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

And not play the game, grind stuff, trade, and buy plat? Big brain move right there

Watch stream in the background while playing the game and inflate numbers.

I don't know about consoles. Probably can't do that. : )

Gerade eben schrieb Kylo.:

PC also, not everyone has a good net connections and can ONLY play or watch, sure today more can now but still alot that can not.

In germany here some good connection can cost a fortune or at worst not even avilable in certain areas. Compared to other countrys that is.

7 minutes ago, Kylo. said:

Not sure if youre trying to help, but definitely comes off as entitled to assume everyone can watch the stream and play the game at the same time

Definitely not 75% of the playerbase (ps4, xbox, switch) so only 25% can on pc? And what need 2 monitors?

5 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

PC also, not everyone has a good net connections and can ONLY play or watch, sure today more can now but still alot that can not.

In germany here some good connection can cost a fortune or at worst not even avilable in certain areas. Compared to other countrys that is.

This

So those of us who haven't gotten a single drop from the beginning have some hope due to a backlog?  Will we see a bunch of cards show up some time in the future like all the others I'm reading about?

Six different streamers, all featuring the "drops enabled!" banner, over an hour on three of them, no drops.  De-linked and re-linked each time after the first failed to return a drop.  I've been sitting here for the last hour watching NeoNess who told the audience about the change from twenty minutes to an hour.

RNG doesn't even matter when you can't even get drops in the first place. I've been "watching" streams for like 10 hours got nothing. There has only ever been 1 streaming tab active. I've relinked accounts twice both from twitch side and warframe side. I've tried multiple streams. Nothing is happening. 

I remember when Lotus ephemera was being given out via Twitch and i couldn't get it to drop. After a few tickets like the guy above said nothing was done, they just said there was nothing they could do and regurgitated the same instructions of relinking accounts over and over like i was some kind of a moron. They just give copy paste answers and don't help. 

Either make twitch drops work properly (highly unlikely) or remove them completely and "giveaway" stuff in a different way. We are tired of the same ol'.

Archived