Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of deimos performance issue, fps drop

TheKurtiStryke

well, it goes without saying that  in this update, there are a some performance issue, and sometimes some huge fps drop in the new open world, i have  a gtx 1660 6gb with a ryzen 5 2600, and sometimes my fps drops really down, like 15/20 fps in some areas.

from what i could understand, it has something to do with the shadows, simply putting them down to "normal" i got less problems.

I’m getting hammered on performance, but am using a creaky old 970.

this said, same settings in eidolon and valis and there’s no noticeable slowdown.

may be an underlying issue if it’s affecting someone with a better card, like White_Matter, but could just be the level of detail present.

whichever it is, adding this as a report of open world performance issues for a lower end user only apparent in Deimos.

Figure it’s worth adding to the quantative data pile as it’ll help draw attention if there is a hidden issue.

Couldn’t begin to speculate on reasons, but seeing a wide range of GPUs in terms of power up above.

All or majority Nvidia based on names I can see.

Perhaps it would it be worth attaching a dx Diag and/ or system specs later. Currently away from desktop.

Glad I'm not the only one. GTX 970 (and Ryzen 5 3600), used to 100-144 fps everywhere except onboard the infested derelict in Veil Proxima (used to be fine, they broke it with railjack revisited update, dips to 40-50 fps now), Heart of Deimos is 25 fps. 25!!! Only starts after going through the first tunnel in the initial area after meeting the greeter NPC.

Edit: simply returning to orbiter and re-entering the freeroam map brought me back to 90-100 fps. What even?

Glad it's not just me--I mean it sucks that's happening to anyone but I didn't expect this performance hit. 1080p no flashy settings, R5 2600, GTX980Ti but only 8gb RAM. I'll try tweaking some settings in-game and through Nvidia until it's addressed. 

Yep, same here. GTX 2060

Was playing at stable 75 FPS in 2K before the HoD, S#&$ got real once I landed in open world, 30-40 FPS in average. Dropped resolution to full HD, helped a bit, but still waaaay lower than it was before. My first thought was about the amount of particles we have in new zone, because FPS loss was not only in open world, but below the ground during story mission too.

For me it seems that it's maxing my GTX1060 6GB. Somehow Warframe went from barely taxing to now Heart of Deimos severely maxing the card to the point where it's dropping below 60. Never had an issue with deferred rendering enabled until now.

Seems there's no performance-requirement consistency when designing new maps. I assume it's because of all the infested grass? Who knows. The performance requirement of Deimos puts the other 2 open worlds to shame...

On a GTX 1050Ti performance is perfect for me. Try disabling vsync from Warframe and enabling "fast vsync" through the nvidia driver. Warframe's vsync is pretty bad. If you're running a 60Hz monitor, and drop to 59 FPS, the game will immediately drop to 30FPS because of the vsync. If you were running at 144FPS before and something in Deimos is causing you to drop to 143, Warframe will instead drop to the next highest supported refresh rate. Fast vsync in the Nvidia driver is absolutely genius. It gives you clear image with zero tearing and also with zero fps loss if you drop below the monitor's refreshrate. 

So with my GTX 970 I tracked it down purely to VRAM. As you might know, GTX 970 has 3.5 GB of "fast" VRAM and the last 0.5 GB are on a much slower bus. When my usage approaches 3.7-3.8 GB, that's when I get this insane framerate drop to 25 fps. Lowering texture budget to medium (was on high) fixed the problem for me.

Naturally, if you have a different GPU and your VRAM usage is not near the maximum, your problem and solution will be different from this one.

48 minutes ago, VengefulAncient said:

So with my GTX 970 I tracked it down purely to VRAM. As you might know, GTX 970 has 3.5 GB of "fast" VRAM and the last 0.5 GB are on a much slower bus. When my usage approaches 3.7-3.8 GB, that's when I get this insane framerate drop to 25 fps. Lowering texture budget to medium (was on high) fixed the problem for me.

Naturally, if you have a different GPU and your VRAM usage is not near the maximum, your problem and solution will be different from this one.

Pretty much this:
This map, for a strange reason, hogs a lot more VRAM than usual... On my 2080, I've reduced resolution to 1080p and now it's steady at 60 fps.
Still, want to confirm there's a performance hit, usually, I play at 4k/60fps using dsr with AA off.

So ... I also wanted to report on performance issues regarding solely Heart of Deimos. Like some people in this thread I also have a GTX 970 and an i5 6600k. My GPU is very slightly overclocked but I can assure you that that's not the issue since all is well FPS-wise, performance-wise everywhere else in Warframe but Deimos. Weirdly enough, I am not experiencing drops to 10 fps or anything ridiculous like that like some people in this thread - but in some areas (open world and caves, the room where the Heart is located, for instance) it dropped to as low as 45 fps, otherwise fluctuating between 65 fps (I capped my framerate via Nvidia control panel) and 50 fps constantly even when nothing is happening (like staring at a wall) which is certainly a first in this game. I lowered the shadows-setting to medium which helped a bit at first on the surface but the caves are an inconsistent mess regardless.

Important note: I am using the new renderer.

Hi everyone, we're currently looking into this issue.

In the meantime, can you please let us know if you are using deferred rendering? (this can be toggled in the Warframe launcher settings)

If you are, do you notice a significant improvement if you disable deferred rendering?

34 minutes ago, [DE]Linkski said:

In the meantime, can you please let us know if you are using deferred rendering? (this can be toggled in the Warframe launcher settings)

If you are, do you notice a significant improvement if you disable deferred rendering?

Turning off deferred rendering seems to fix it for me.  Thank You!

39 minutes ago, [DE]Linkski said:

5 minutes ago, torsoreaper said:

Turning off deferred rendering seems to fix it for me.  Thank You!

Wanted to confirm I did not experience performance issues in this new area at all and I have deferred rendering turned off as well.

Archived