Jump to content

son token is impossible to get


Recommended Posts

so in order to get son token like all of them require the infested kavat and kubrow tag. but in order to get the lure you need to get to rank 1 and to get to rank 1 you need 5 son token. the only lure we can get in rank 0 is the cryptilex. am I missing something?

  • Like 46
Link to post
Share on other sites
à l’instant, Redfeather75 a dit :

Do you remember how fortuna required medical bonds and they were so hard to get people complained. Nothing was ever done about it. I expect no different here and it makes me mad.

It's not similar. Here, we are just softlocked, it's not a matter of rare loot or anything.

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've actually got a few of the tags for the infested Kavat and Kubrows, but I only have them because I accidently downed them during a bounty and was able to capture them. But trying to find them without the lure is going to be a massive pain in the behind, it seems.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LethalJoke said:

It's not similar. Here, we are just softlocked, it's not a matter of rare loot or anything.

The similarity I am drawing is that someone working on the game typed numbers in and didn't pay attention to what the result was and even though it was complained about a lot, it wasn't fixed. That is why stuff like this make my angry because I know progression mechanics are so poorly thought out.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a trade where you offer Purple Velocipods and Cryptilexes for 1 token. Ive found the pods floating right outside the necrolisk. But still, to get 5 in that manner seems like quite a chore.

If you look at the trade token with Grandmother option, its quite clear that the game recognizes that Son Tokens are by far the hardest to get, since you often need like 2 of his while you need like 10 Daughter Tokens. Almost makes me feel like they might have mixed up and meant for you to get 5 Father Tokens or something instead of Son Tokens 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Redfeather75 said:

Do you remember how fortuna required medical bonds and they were so hard to get people complained. Nothing was ever done about it. I expect no different here and it makes me mad.

If it's just hard they may not. 

If it's an actual progression stopper they will fix it. 

It was just released could you put away your pitchfork at least for a few days while they iron out bugs? 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Frostyinferno said:

I've actually got a few of the tags for the infested Kavat and Kubrows, but I only have them because I accidently downed them during a bounty and was able to capture them. But trying to find them without the lure is going to be a massive pain in the behind, it seems.

may I ask where do you find the infested kavat and kubrows?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Master666ZX said:

may I ask where do you find the infested kavat and kubrows?

Like I said, I was doing a bounty where you defend a point and apparently shot them. I was using the Kuva Nukor so the beam probably just chained to them while I was fighting some infested, they must have just spawned in with them. After you "down" them you can just go over and call for them to be collected.

Think I just got lucky, honestly.

Edited by Frostyinferno
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JoJoshuee_DesK said:

I only bought them from The Business Lol

I did the third bounty over and over but you quit and reset after second round without finishing the bounty. PUGs were surprisingly cool with it because that became 'the way' apparently.

Edited by Redfeather75
Link to post
Share on other sites

We are looking into this right now! Sit tight for a Hotfix or two while we smooth this out. They aren't impossible, all creatures appear organically, but that may take quite some time, which in practice here is too long. Expect a change in a near hotfix! 

Fixed in 29.0.1

Edited by [DE]Rebecca
  • Like 26
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We are looking into this right now! Sit tight for a Hotfix or two while we smooth this out. They aren't impossible, all creatures appear organically, but that may take quite some time, which in practice here is too long. Expect a change in a near hotfix! 

Im guessing they didnt want hella pester teaming for people who get lucky and past the softlock

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We are looking into this right now! Sit tight for a Hotfix or two while we smooth this out. They aren't impossible, all creatures appear organically, but that may take quite some time, which in practice here is too long. Expect a change in a near hotfix! 

Good to hear, thanks!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just looking at how many animals you have to capture to get one son token ... I hope they are reconsidering the prices.

Capturing 16*5=80 animals for 5 tokens for one rank upgrade sure sounds like fun.

They clearly didn't think any of this through.

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just remove the whole token system and give standing to various activities like Cetus/Fortuna. There's no reason to reinvent the wheel and force players to participate in these boring activities.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 20
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EDragoon said:

Just looking at how many animals you have to capture to get one son token ... I hope they are reconsidering the prices.

Capturing 16*5=80 animals for 5 tokens for one rank upgrade sure sounds like fun.

They clearly didn't think any of this through.

yeah this update is awful, Im wondering, did anyone even test this?

 

 

Edited by Kconvey
  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I just want the token system to be deleted from existence.

Doesn't matter what game, tokens always suck. No different here.

 

Can't I just give them some "normal" ressources like pustrels or something?

  • Like 15
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...