Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

son token is impossible to get

Master666ZX

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, as I haven't read everything..

If you take out the hunting rifle and aim down sight with it, you can hear an indication if any hunt-animals are within detection range. And they will appear on screen glowing with each "blip" (you will have to find where they are though). You don't need to activate any tracks or use lure or anything for this.
So I've been flying around with the hunting rifle, then tranq'd them from up high. I get Perfect or Good catches every time. Unless they were in a fight with some random Mob, lowering the grade of the catch.

1 hour ago, DancingJoker said:

I'm happy for you that you got to trade in tags at a rate of 2-3 tags per token.  Most of the ones I saw were 8-16 tags per token.  It took 3 and a half hours of dedicated hunting.  I don't mind the time, but I wish it had been doing something fun.  Especially since I had roughly 1 in 5 hunts end due to one glitch or another.

I just got the exchange rate rotating, now it is closer to 8-12 tags per token...

Even worse then I had in mind...

Son tokens are easy once you learn to NOT do the echo locator mini-game.

there are a couple of valleys with basically non-stop critter spawns. No following trails, no bird calling. Just fly around with a tranq gun and it’s almost always picking something up

On 2020-08-25 at 11:22 PM, Redfeather75 said:

Do you remember how fortuna required medical bonds and they were so hard to get people complained. Nothing was ever done about it. I expect no different here and it makes me mad.

ofc not, if it takes ppl forever to progress, then all the better for them.

26 minutes ago, Hokibukisa said:

Son tokens are easy once you learn to NOT do the echo locator mini-game.

there are a couple of valleys with basically non-stop critter spawns. No following trails, no bird calling. Just fly around with a tranq gun and it’s almost always picking something up

Those Animals are more affected by Sleep. I tried using Ivara’s Sleep Arrows on the lured Animals and those can wake up right away and even when you’re close enough, you can’t get the interaction to Capture it.

2 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

Those Animals are more affected by Sleep. I tried using Ivara’s Sleep Arrows on the lured Animals and those can wake up right away and even when you’re close enough, you can’t get the interaction to Capture it.

??? I just shoot them with tranq. Some take 2 shots, some take 3 shoots.

I don’t mess with sleep arrows so idk about that

5 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

Some of the big beasties refuse to submit to sleep arrows, yes, but tranq gun works, though they will require more than one hit. Doesn't really matter as the quality of the capture has no bearing on getting the tag anyway...

On 2020-08-26 at 7:34 AM, Kconvey said:

wondering if you can just equinox sleep em

Yeah, you can. I'm running 200%+ range Equinox since the very first night (managed to complete that stupid 5 token req before it was lifted). Flying around with tranq gun on archwing to spot the animals, then just sleeping them and picking up seems to be much faster and more convenient than doing all that stupid mini-game.

People want go go go! big enemies big damage go go go!..adrenaline constantly for hours days years..feed me feed me feed me!...sadly no devs no games or no one will ever be able to keep you constantly fulfilled in that state, it’s a sad part to me in gaming that devs have to keep the smiles while being insulted on their work..if you don’t like something there’s a way to say it while giving your reasons without insulting...but you insult and you continue to play..y u do dis? 

• 3 weeks later...

You dont need a lure to find vulpaphila or predasites, they can be uncommonly found just roaming. I have never used a lure and have 2 vulps and a predasyte and numerous son tokens. I also have never done any of his stuff directly. I've found all mine literally roaming the drift. Sometimes doing strip mining but I'm normally not focused on tags then or I'd bet I'd find more from there.

Archived