Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo's Cataclysm is no longer functional in the heart of Deimos update

LordPawel

While traversing the new Deimos open world, I've noticed that Limbo's cataclysm no longer creates a Rift pocket.

The range, duration and cost of the ability are the same as they were before the Deimos update, and I am positive that the ability does affect the infested enemies in the Cambion Drift, since damage values are shown as per usual.

However, the Rift pocket is not created. Thus, the Cataclysm does not banish enemies or players into the Rift (not even Limbo himself). 

I've run tests on the Cambion Drift and Orb Vallis a swell as on some normal missions (Sedna tileset, to be precise), and I can proclaim with absolute certainty that the bug (thankfully) affects only the new open world, with both normal missions and other Free Roam locations remaining untouched. Note: I haven't checked Cataclysm's effect in Empyrean missions, but that can wait.

Here's my assesment regarding Limbo's other abilities and their effect on Cambion Drift enemies and players:
The passive regeneration works, but enemies killed inside the Rift STILL do not give 10 energy, so the bug that plagued me since the pre-patch is still there. The Rift portal after dodging appears as per usual.
Banish works properly, both on enemies and players, successfully throwing them in and out of the Rift.
Stasis works on all enemies banished via Banish or Rift Surge, but not via Cataclysm.
Rift Surge works as per usual.

And Cataclysm does not banish anything inside it. The visual "Rift sphere" is still there, but after the initial blast damage it serves no purpose. Upon reactivation of the ability the sphere explodes as per usual, but no enemies are damaged (as none of them were inside the rift).

Enemies inside Cataclysm can be banished via other methods, such as Banish or Rift surge.

EDIT: It would appear that the bug only consistently appears on the surface level of the Cambion Drift, whereas underneath it, in one of the many caves, Cataclysms can and usually do work as intended, banishing everything inside till they expire or are cancelled. Hope this helps whoever is responsible for fixing it.

As a long time Limbo main it pains me to see that my beloved Warframe is plagued not by one, but by TWO serious bug-related hindrances, the first one being the lack of energy restoration upon kill inside the Rift. I sincerely hope that this will be resolved soon, as I really don't feel like playing the new content with some other, unappealing frame.

Sadly can confirm it as well!
His stasis does nothing inside the Cataclysm, the rift itself forms (does the initial and end dmg) but the rift banish is not working.
Only tested it on above ground but so far its consistantly not having effect. Havent tried to banish single enemies with his 1 yet.
Dodge makes him go into rift yes.
Seems a few frames are broken, Mag's Magnetise is totally out of whack as well (although that was since a bit before Deimos update)

I've noticed, during excavation, if I use banish on the excavator, all other abilities are disabled like when you're inside a nullifier field. If I use transference at this moment, I can't get back into my frame for a short duration, can't use stasis, can't enter rift through dodge even though the portal appears as normal. I suspect it only happens during Vome cycle as I've successfully used cataclysm + stasis on excavators during Fass cycle, but can't confirm that 100%. I really want to enjoy this update with limbo, but them "ability use prevented" bugs... :sad:

1 hour ago, (PS4)amazing021throne said:

I'm sorry but your wrong of course I'm a ps4 player dont this happens to all platforms but it not just demos but also orb vails coldrive defense missions see catalysm works fine but if enemies shoot out side of cataclysm the coldrive still takes damage 

Ah, yes, this is also an issue, but I do not think it's a Cataclysm bug, but rather a design flaw on DE's behalf. In Orb Vallis the Rift bubble is created, but the coildrive is simply not affected by it for some reason, just like storage containers are not affected in regular missions.

Ran a quick solo free roam with Limbo this morning with the intent of wandering around in the Rift and using his loot busting. His passive roll wouldn't properly enter the Rift, while on the surface, and half the time his Cataclysm would "pop" immediately after casting it. And the few times I got Limbo into the Rift, several times I was within Cataclysm range but was still in the Rift after imploding it: part of that "not creating a Rift bubble" or something.

Confirmed as well. Tried running Limbo yesterday and halfway through a bounty, his passive and his cataclysm stopped working entirely. Even after the bounty had ended his powers were broken. Also, Limbo's passive does not work within the Isolation Vaults either, so he is completely defenceless against the Necromechs, who also cannot be banished and frozen. Returning to the Necralisk also does not fix the issue either, so you're forced to leave Deimos entirely.

I'm really hoping that all of these are unintended bugs. If DE don't like Limbo then they should never have put him in the game and should just remove him now, as opposed to making him useless against future content.

Found Cataclysm to be completely broken and randomly cancelling itself. Had nothing to do with the activation of stasis or not. Also inside of random missions (not free roam or open world although I assume it is the same bug). Will try with augment and without and see if it changes anything; doubtful.

On 2020-08-26 at 1:09 PM, Liisahvoz said:

This happens to me, but only if i've encountered a Necramech (friendly and hostile). Before that everything works normally.

I was just using Limbo for an endless strip mining run. At first, everything was working fine. I was using cataclysm and stasis to freeze enemies. Then, all of a sudden, stasis stopped working in the cataclysm rift, and I could no longer do any damage to enemies in the cataclysm rift. This happened after about 15 min and proceeded for the duration of the mission.

Now that you mentioned the Necramech thing, I DID notice it happening after a team mate used a Necramech. Not sure if it was coincidental or related, since I'm not sure if it happened IMMEDIATELY after or a little while after. All I know is I was confused as hell as to what was going on and why I ended up here...

Additional data in support of the Limbo-Necramech proximity bug.

I took an isolation vault mission as Limbo Prime and proceeded through the initial stages without issue. The Rift dodge passive worked fine to find and collect the Wyrm residues. Cataclysm and Stasis worked fine to safeguard the bait station, and to hold Toxic creeps in place during that phase.

Pretty much as soon as Loid alerted me that a Necramech was nearby, I lost my ability to Rift dodge. Cataclysm + Stasis did nothing to keep the Necramech from pasting me (though, to be fair, I wouldn't expect to be allowed to cheese a difficult boss like this). More telling, I still couldn't Rift dodge even after running away from the Necramech as far as the surface map.

I (purposely) failed the mission and took an easy low-level bounty instead, headed out to the Cambion Rift and … still couldn't Rift dodge.

I had to return to my orbiter and come back to Necralisk in order to regain the ability to Rift dodge.

As a curious aside: while this glitch is in effect, and you are inside a Cataclysm, you grab item drops but they "float" in your Warframe, unclaimed, until you either exit or dismiss the Cataclysm, as if you were in the Rift, but still vulnerable to enemy attacks. The worst of both worlds!

• 2 weeks later...

This bug still exists as of 9/21/20, and it's incredibly annoying. I also seemed to notice a correlation with Necramechs and the power breaking, though I couldn't say for certain. When the passive roll broke, I did notice that if I dodged 20-30 times across the map, eventually the dodge roll would work again. Cataclysm remained broken, however. In some instances Banish would break as well.

Severely game-breaking bug for Limbo and Deimos, still happening.

Definitely happened to me three times now, all three times right after I saw an Allied NPC Necramech nearby. Does not happen when another player uses their Necramech. Dodge does nothing (but will spawn a nonfunctional rift portal every time), Cataclysm/Stasis does not stop enemies, standing in Cataclysm doesn't stop outside damage coming in, standing in Cataclysm stops you from picking up resources/mods (when normally, being inside Cataclysm is the only way to pick up items while also in the rift, so complete opposite effect), dodging and Cataclysm does not turn on the post-processing effects, enemies killed by Limbo inside the bugged Cataclysm do not generate 10 energy, and Cataclysm does not protect excavators.

Dying/respawning does not fix the bug. Entering/exiting archwing or k-drive does not fix the bug. Going into the yard area before Necralisk's doors and exiting back into the open world fixes dodging into the rift, but I didn't test if Cataclysm was fixed (though people have already said that it doesn't fix Cataclysm).

If it helps nail down the bug, it's notable that when returning from a bounty but waiting for other players to enter the airlock-type room, Limbo's dodge works in the same bugged way as previously described. Does not enter rift, but spawns nonfunctional rift portals every dodge. Of course, Limbo shouldn't enter the rift in a room that disables abilities, but it still behaves in the same strange way as the exterior Allied Necramech bug.

Archived