Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

cutting fish gives nothing

Skine_

Someone in another thread said the game wasn't showing they got anything, and they were not getting stuff from every fish (it seems its bugged so some fish give nothing). But it sounded like he still got something after some fishing and cutting, the game UI just wasn't displaying it on the cutting screen. Have you checked your inventory? 

This still needs major fixes of course. 

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

Someone in another thread said the game wasn't showing they got anything, and they were not getting stuff from every fish (it seems its bugged so some fish get nothing). But it sounded like he still got something after some fishing, the game UI just wasn't displaying it on the cutting screen. Have you checked your inventory? 

This still needs major fixes of course. 

I cut 9 of the fish you need to rank up, only got 2 spines. I only know that because of the rank up screen. After talking to chat they said its rng if you get the parts or not.

I hope that's not true and it's a bug.

Just now, BernieBlack said:

I cut 9 of the fish you need to rank up, only got 2 spines. I only know that because of the rank up screen. After talking to chat they said its rng if you get the parts or not.

I hope that's not true and it's a bug.

So it sounds like we have one for sure bug, which is the parts you do get are not showing up on the rewards screen when you cut them at the fish person.  

The second one is a question of whether it is a bug or intended that not all fish are even giving parts now. Hopefully it's not intended because that's just uncool and we should definitely raise some serious concerns about it until they change it if it is intended. 

I am willing to do fishing even though I don't care much for it as I have accepted it as a part of the game, but if I can't even guarantee some parts from fishing rare fish, I really don't want to do it. 

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

So it sounds like we have one for sure bug, which is the parts you do get are not showing up on the rewards screen when you cut them at the fish person.  

The second one is a question of whether it is a bug or intended that not all fish are even giving parts now. Hopefully it's not intended because that's just uncool and we should definitely raise some serious concerns about it until they change it if it is intended. 

I am willing to do fishing even though I don't care much for it as I have accepted it as a part of the game, but if I can't even guarantee some parts from fishing rare fish, I really don't want to do it. 

So it seems like they deleted my post off of feedback and moved it to a bug megathread. Lmao. So maybe that's confirmation its a bug.

2 minutes ago, BernieBlack said:

So it seems like they deleted my post off of feedback and moved it to a bug megathread. Lmao. So maybe that's confirmation its a bug.

Sounds like it haha. I expect they do intend for all fish to give rewards. It's always been that way in the past, and there is no need to make people angry when a lot are already on the bad side of expectations after Helminth Workshop. 

I'm experiencing the same thing. Tried to use cut all at once with 3 Vitreospina and the GUI showed that I was only going to get one. 

So, instead, I cut all three separately.  All three showed they would reward a spinal core but I only ended up with 2.

Went out, caught a few more.  All displayed they would reward a spinal core but no dice.  Still only have two.  I've logged out and back in.

1 hour ago, CodeUltimate said:

yeah I'm trying to get that spinal core to just rank up but the fishes won't give me anything

I am experiancing this as well. I can cut some fish and get resource from them, but not with the spinal core segments

before the hotfix I got 2 spinal core in my first 30 min on Deimos. After the hotfix I have not been able to find on in a further 6 hours or whatever its been that I have been playing since hotfix.

Im pretty sure they ninja nerfed the drop rate for some *COUGH PLAT COUGH* bizarre and unknowable reason.

Archived